Jump to topic:

The Darkness Within Chapter 2

Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 9:04:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
He was running, the sound of his footsteps where not as loud as his his thumping heart, the sweat poured from his face but he blinked them away only to have tears replace the forgotten sweat. He looked back and saw the dark bloody figure matching his speed, he picked up the speed and fell, into what he did not know.
"Jifpop" a whisper pierced the dark night.
Jifpop looked looked up, it seemed to be a rectangle like hole that he fell into. His whole body was trembling, he was crying but not making a noise in fear of the thing finding him.
THUMP, THUMP.
Jifpop looked up and saw a dark shape hit him square in the face, he spat in disgust, what was it? He opened his mouth to breath a little better, only to have another shape hit the top of his head. He tasted dirt....his mind was racing. What was this? Where is he? What was going on? Before he knew it the dirt was up to his waist, he finally found out what was going on. He was in a grave being covered by the second.
Jifpop screamed and jumped out of his bed, 9spaceking was watching him, there seemed to be a smirk on his face but it disappeared as he rushed to his roommate.
"Holy crap dude are you ok? You where thrashing around in your bed and making so much noise, I tried to wake you up but you pushed me away....." He trailed off.
Jifpop looked down at himself only to find out he was completely soaked, along with part of his bed, did he pee the bed? He then assessed that he was sweating in his sleep.
"What time is it?" Jifpop questioned, not bothering to look at the digital clock on the shelf in front of him.
"It's 6:30 in the morning dude, we need to leave for that camping trip in a hour I hope your packed."
Jifpop looked at his backpack that he packed the night before last and nodded his head.
"Can we leave a little early I want to pick up some jerky and donuts and maybe a couple of drinks before we go." 9spaceking inquired.
Jifpop looked down at his trembling hands and nodded again.
"Sure, just let me change ok."
Jifpop changed into some plain jeans and a button up polo shirt that his mom mailed him a while back.
"You ready?" 9spaceking was beginning to get impatient.
As an answer Jifpop grabbed his backpack and walked tword the door. As he got in the passenger side of 9spacekings car he began thinking of his nightmare, it was so intense like a warning almost.
'Should I really go on this trip? Oh well to late now can't back out' he thought, he only hoped that he would feel a little better as soon as he got there.
-
"Did you get that text from classicrobert?" Godchooseslife asked.
EndarkenedRationalist looked over at her from the jeep they where in.
"Of course, it's kinda sad, I hope he feels ok." EndarkenedRationalist looked back at the road, it was cloudy, he hoped it wasn't going to start raining.
"KINDA!!!!!" EndarkenedRationalist jumped as godchooseslife life yelled in his ear.
"It isn't KINDA sad, it is EXTREMELY sad, how could you be cold!!" Godchooseslife sniffled a little.
EndarkenedRationalist looked back over to see godchooseslife crying.
"Well, your right it is extremely sad. I am sorry." EndarkenedRationalist wanted to end this conversation quickly, he did not feel like explaining to godchooseslife on how death is inevitable.
He was about to turn up the radio when godchooseslife spoke back up.
"I hope he still comes to this camping trip, I could always try and cheer him up."
EndarkenedRationalist looked back over to her to see that she was smiling.
'God woman are so complicated' he thought as he sped up, he saw lightening a sure sign of rain, he wanted to get to the campsite quickly and set everything up before the weather changed.
-
The solemn arrival at the campsite did not betray the looming clouds of emotion that hung over the heads of ClassicRobert, Lannan and Pitbull. The dark swirling clouds thundered and boomed their proclamation of despair as the trio unpacked the sedan and progressed towards the campsite.

Pitbull had attempted to convince the brothers to stay home and find comfort with some friends. ClassicRobert and Lannan didn't know of any other family aside from the one they just lost, thus they reasoned the camping trip would settle their shock of a sudden love one's death.

Pitbull glanced up at the threatening sky, streaks of gold announcing the impending rise of the sun. The combination of light behind the darkness created an eerie and stifling atmosphere that sent shivers of preminition through Pitbull's entire body.

'Let's get moving,' Pitbull said, more to release the tension than to suggest any course of action.

Lannan and ClassicRobert followed closely behind Pitbull on the trail to the campsite. Eventually gravel gave way to dirt and mud which gave way to roots, twigs and leaves. The trees became numerous and dense, thick foliage beginning to clutter the rarely used path.

'How did Endarkenedrationalist come up with this place for a campsite?' Pitbull asked. After a moment of silence, he turned around, curious for an answer. A lump of bile rose in his throat as he turned around again and again, but Lannan and Classic were not behind him.

'Classic? Lannan?' Pitbull stood frozen, the silence becoming apparant. Straining his eyes to see through the thin light that penetrated the overhead canopy, Pitbull glared down the path. He looked down at his feet, attempting to make out the shape of the edges of the old walking track. Loud and frantic sounds of his heartbeat resonated as he dropped to the ground, failing to find any trace of the forgotten path. 'Classic! Lannan!' He shrieked.

A whining sound scretched through Pitbull's throat as the rain began to fall. He usually didn't mind being on his own, but the lonliness and fear gripped his mind like a vice. 'Where are you guys?!' he called again. Sound and light was finally stolen from Pitbull as the loud rain and thunder blanketed the forest with a newfound darkness.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2014 10:04:00 PM
Beautiful! And what a dramatic ending! Hopefully they're okay.

PS, I feel like my 'death is inevitable' is foreshadowing that I will die. Hmmmmm.
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2014 1:31:54 AM
At 5/18/2014 10:04:00 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

PS, I feel like my 'death is inevitable' is foreshadowing that I will die. Hmmmmm.

Oh yeah, I am in Italy and during the past few days I lived without internet, you didn't post episode 9 did you I would have hated to miss it.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2014 2:06:06 AM
Bump

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2014 7:42:04 AM
At 5/19/2014 1:31:54 AM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 5/18/2014 10:04:00 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Oh yeah, I am in Italy and during the past few days I lived without internet, you didn't post episode 9 did you I would have hated to miss it.

Just posted it last night.