End of Campaign

orangemayhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2014 4:59:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hi DDO!

As you'll probably have seen, kbub has dropped out of the presidential race; which leaves only myself and blade still currently in the running for the presidency.

I saw this as an opportunity and, as part of my ongoing discussions with blade, he and bsh1 have amended their platform to include the ideas that I championed in my presidential run (see http://www.debate.org...). I was very clear from the start that I was running to pressure other candidates into adopting ideas which I could demonstrate popular support for and, now that the one remaining candidate (and an extremely good one at that) has adopted the key elements of my platform, my candidacy has served its purpose and I have fulfilled my goal.

Therefore, I hereby leave the presidential race and wholeheartedly endorse the Blade/bsh1 ticket. Blade will make a fantastic president - something which has been entirely evident from my discussions with him - and I really look forward to working within his administration as we look to create a good, secure future for DDO.

TL;DR - vote Blade!
I'm back (ish).
kbub
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2014 8:05:52 AM
At 5/19/2014 4:59:06 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
Hi DDO!

As you'll probably have seen, kbub has dropped out of the presidential race; which leaves only myself and blade still currently in the running for the presidency.

I saw this as an opportunity and, as part of my ongoing discussions with blade, he and bsh1 have amended their platform to include the ideas that I championed in my presidential run (see http://www.debate.org...). I was very clear from the start that I was running to pressure other candidates into adopting ideas which I could demonstrate popular support for and, now that the one remaining candidate (and an extremely good one at that) has adopted the key elements of my platform, my candidacy has served its purpose and I have fulfilled my goal.

Therefore, I hereby leave the presidential race and wholeheartedly endorse the Blade/bsh1 ticket. Blade will make a fantastic president - something which has been entirely evident from my discussions with him - and I really look forward to working within his administration as we look to create a good, secure future for DDO.

TL;DR - vote Blade!

You would've made an awesome president! Thanks for the great run!
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2014 8:14:13 AM
You had a really good platform, dude. Voting for you was not out of the question at all.
But anyways, good job on getting bladerunner to adopt some of your awesome ideas! Know that you have benefited the site in doing so. Thanks, and good luck!

Bladerunner/Bsh1 2014 (not that there is any choice at this point...)
orangemayhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2014 8:48:43 AM
At 5/19/2014 8:05:52 AM, kbub wrote:
At 5/19/2014 4:59:06 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
Hi DDO!

TL;DR - vote Blade!

You would've made an awesome president! Thanks for the great run!

Cheers mate - I might make another run, but not for at least a year.
I'm back (ish).
orangemayhem
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2014 8:48:59 AM
At 5/19/2014 8:14:13 AM, Romanii wrote:
You had a really good platform, dude. Voting for you was not out of the question at all.
But anyways, good job on getting bladerunner to adopt some of your awesome ideas! Know that you have benefited the site in doing so. Thanks, and good luck!

Bladerunner/Bsh1 2014 (not that there is any choice at this point...)

Thanks!
I'm back (ish).