Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Airmax was justified with his ban on Jifpop

Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2014 2:31:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/20/2014 2:24:13 PM, SPENCERJOYAGE14 wrote:
Dude, 650 people have seen this debate. I'm pretty sure nobody wants to debate this.

someone already debated it lol
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Posts: 1,040
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2014 3:23:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/20/2014 2:31:47 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 5/20/2014 2:24:13 PM, SPENCERJOYAGE14 wrote:
Dude, 650 people have seen this debate. I'm pretty sure nobody wants to debate this.

someone already debated it lol

Nice! He's doing pretty well.
I'm so fancy, you already know.
JohnMaynardKeynes
Posts: 1,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2014 3:32:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I actually disagree. I think there are a number of holes in Con's arguments which essentially boil down to admission that jifpop violated the TOS, but an argument in favor of an arbitrary, subjective standard whereby some people who are deemed, I suppose by the community, as a "young, up-and-coming debater" or whatever language he used can effectively evade the TOS, as well as subsequent warning. If he can admit that jifpop violated the rules, which he has implicitly done, Mikal has already won.

Not to mention, Mikal wisely began his argument by pointing out that Juggle has the authority to set TOS, and airmax and Ore have been empowered by them to enforce these rules. So by saying that the community should be able to ban jifpop -- which, mind you, is already outside of the parameters of the resolution, but I bet, even if they were to put up a poll right now, Mikal would still win out -- he isn't defending jifpop, nor is he arguing against airmax's decision. All he is doing is attempting to de-legitimize the discretionary power of the site's moderators.

So, I think Mikal will win this pretty decisively because all Con has done is piece together poorly thought-out arguments in syllogisms. I'm still baffled, though, that Mikal would accept the BOP, because almost the entirety of the burden rests on Con. Heck, even splitting it would be fairer.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2014 5:50:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/20/2014 2:18:40 PM, Mikal wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Interested in any of the topics I put in my thread?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2014 9:57:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/20/2014 5:50:41 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 5/20/2014 2:18:40 PM, Mikal wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Interested in any of the topics I put in my thread?

I have to skim through them. Granted the next debate I want to do is a troll debate. I have been craving one really bad
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2014 10:47:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/20/2014 9:57:30 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 5/20/2014 5:50:41 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 5/20/2014 2:18:40 PM, Mikal wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Interested in any of the topics I put in my thread?

I have to skim through them. Granted the next debate I want to do is a troll debate. I have been craving one really bad

You did a troll debate about poop just 1 week ago... -_-

Yeah, but I can't take on any new debates until June anywho...I'm just trying to get a sign-up going.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2014 11:26:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/20/2014 10:47:08 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 5/20/2014 9:57:30 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 5/20/2014 5:50:41 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 5/20/2014 2:18:40 PM, Mikal wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Interested in any of the topics I put in my thread?

I have to skim through them. Granted the next debate I want to do is a troll debate. I have been craving one really bad

You did a troll debate about poop just 1 week ago... -_-

Yeah, but I can't take on any new debates until June anywho...I'm just trying to get a sign-up going.

I want to debate you , we just share such different interests lol. I hate politics and economics and the DP has been beaten to death.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2014 11:27:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/20/2014 10:47:08 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 5/20/2014 9:57:30 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 5/20/2014 5:50:41 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 5/20/2014 2:18:40 PM, Mikal wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Interested in any of the topics I put in my thread?

I have to skim through them. Granted the next debate I want to do is a troll debate. I have been craving one really bad

You did a troll debate about poop just 1 week ago... -_-

Yeah, but I can't take on any new debates until June anywho...I'm just trying to get a sign-up going.

that was not a troll debate sadly, the dude was a troll and i happened to take it. I want a serious one like my turtle debate
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2014 11:46:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/20/2014 11:26:57 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 5/20/2014 10:47:08 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 5/20/2014 9:57:30 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 5/20/2014 5:50:41 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 5/20/2014 2:18:40 PM, Mikal wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Interested in any of the topics I put in my thread?

I have to skim through them. Granted the next debate I want to do is a troll debate. I have been craving one really bad

You did a troll debate about poop just 1 week ago... -_-

Yeah, but I can't take on any new debates until June anywho...I'm just trying to get a sign-up going.

I want to debate you , we just share such different interests lol. I hate politics and economics and the DP has been beaten to death.

I mean, I do have some less serious topics I'd like to do...but they're all Star Wars-related...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 4:15:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/20/2014 3:32:13 PM, JohnMaynardKeynes wrote:
I actually disagree. I think there are a number of holes in Con's arguments which essentially boil down to admission that jifpop violated the TOS, but an argument in favor of an arbitrary, subjective standard whereby some people who are deemed, I suppose by the community, as a "young, up-and-coming debater" or whatever language he used can effectively evade the TOS, as well as subsequent warning. If he can admit that jifpop violated the rules, which he has implicitly done, Mikal has already won.

I disagree. Violating rules does not justify a permanent ban. That's a ridiculous standard to expect the community to adhere to.

Not to mention, Mikal wisely began his argument by pointing out that Juggle has the authority to set TOS, and airmax and Ore have been empowered by them to enforce these rules. So by saying that the community should be able to ban jifpop -- which, mind you, is already outside of the parameters of the resolution, but I bet, even if they were to put up a poll right now, Mikal would still win out -- he isn't defending jifpop, nor is he arguing against airmax's decision. All he is doing is attempting to de-legitimize the discretionary power of the site's moderators.

So, I think Mikal will win this pretty decisively because all Con has done is piece together poorly thought-out arguments in syllogisms. I'm still baffled, though, that Mikal would accept the BOP, because almost the entirety of the burden rests on Con. Heck, even splitting it would be fairer.

I only read the opening, but CON advocates for splitting BoP.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?