Subscribe Button Idea

xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 8:23:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Here is an idea for a site update:

Create a subscribe button where we can subscribe to debaters on this site. Whenever that debater instigates a debate in the challenge period, we will be notified. The more subscribers one has the more we can trust that they are a good debater, and then like Youtube everyone will want subscribers which will get people to try to participate in better debates because you have to be a good debater to get subscribers. Have the amount of subscribers one has on their profile page.

Thoughts?
Nolite Timere
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 12:22:43 PM
At 5/21/2014 8:23:09 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:

Create a subscribe button where we can subscribe to debaters on this site. Whenever that debater instigates a debate in the challenge period, we will be notified. The more subscribers one has the more we can trust that they are a good debater, and then like Youtube everyone will want subscribers which will get people to try to participate in better debates because you have to be a good debater to get subscribers. Have the amount of subscribers one has on their profile page.

Thoughts?

I like the idea of being able to subscribe or possibly receive notifications if a favored member of yours starts a new debate. I am not too sure about the amount of subscribers being shown though because then it turns into a popularity contest or status contest (who can get the most subscribers or hey I've got more subscribers than you kinda thing). It can be argued that there is no harm since we already show the number of friends we have and the same can be applied to that number but I think you catch my drift.

Ultimately though, I do like that idea. It would make it that much easier to follow your favored members.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
NiqashMotawadi3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 1:35:40 PM

Thoughts?

You can probably already do that by adding someone to your favorites. I haven't tried it, though.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 3:05:04 PM

Thoughts?

Favourite the person

you'll get spammed though
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 3:16:50 PM
At 5/21/2014 3:05:04 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Thoughts?

Favourite the person

you'll get spammed though

Users won't be notified when someone subscribes to you, but you will know because the number on your subscribe button will go up.
Nolite Timere