Jump to topic:

I issue a full concession

Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 8:58:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm not going to argue it anymore. I was a douche to all of you. There's no excuse for that. I'm going to try my best from this post on to be only be a slight bit of a Jack@ss. All I ask, is for some cooperation from you guys as well.

By announcing I was wrong publicly, I hope you guys can at least try to give me a shot. If I continue being a jack@ss constantly, following this post, then go right on ahead.

I don't plan on being so dickish anymore, so I'll respect you guys, if you at least tolerate me.
http://www.edeb8.com...

Edeb8 unofficial champion of team debate bug finding

PM me for questions on campaign http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 9:00:30 PM
Even when you're trying your hardest, you can't be genuine....
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 9:01:16 PM
At 5/21/2014 9:00:30 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Please at least tolerate me. I'll try my best to treat you with the respect you deserve. Cut the insults out

PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 9:01:49 PM
Thank you. This post illustrates that you are someone who can be respectable and thus deserving of respect. This was the right thing to do and I have a newfound respect for you because you did it. I tip my hat.
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 9:02:44 PM
At 5/21/2014 9:01:49 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:
Thank you. This post illustrates that you are someone who can be respectable and thus deserving of respect. This was the right thing to do and I have a newfound respect for you because you did it. I tip my hat.

Thanks. I have always had a........... temper. I often scare people in person. I can't always control it, but I'm going to at least try here.

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 9:03:04 PM
At 5/21/2014 9:01:16 PM, Csareo wrote:
At 5/21/2014 9:00:30 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Please at least tolerate me. I'll try my best to treat you with the respect you deserve. Cut the insults out

That's better.

I hate hedged apologies, but this one is better.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 9:04:58 PM
At 5/21/2014 9:02:44 PM, Csareo wrote:
At 5/21/2014 9:01:49 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

Thanks. I have always had a........... temper. I often scare people in person. I can't always control it, but I'm going to at least try here.

We all struggle when we feel like we are being treated unfairly. I understand.

The wise man will take the high road and search for the most constructive way to solve the issue. I look forward to seeing you do so.

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 9:07:10 PM
Jif, I'd like to thank you for stepping up and trying to be proactive about remedying damaged relationships and I hope that everyone can give everyone else a second chance. If things between any members get heated, always try to take deep breaths and if needed, just contact Airmax or myself. It is always so much easier to resolve conflicts before they explode.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 9:22:04 PM
At 5/21/2014 8:58:29 PM, Csareo wrote:
I'm not going to argue it anymore. I was a douche to all of you. There's no excuse for that. I'm going to try my best from this post on to be only be a slight bit of a Jack@ss. All I ask, is for some cooperation from you guys as well.

By announcing I was wrong publicly, I hope you guys can at least try to give me a shot. If I continue being a jack@ss constantly, following this post, then go right on ahead.

I don't plan on being so dickish anymore, so I'll respect you guys, if you at least tolerate me.

I appreciate that, and I respect what you have said here. I am more than happy to move on.

I hope that we don't ever have to dwell on the past and can just move forward.

If you need anything at all, always feel free to contact me.
Debate.org Moderator
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 9:30:58 PM
At 5/21/2014 9:26:57 PM, XLAV wrote:

Frackin' perfect!

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 9:32:10 PM

So, you admit to being a pain in the @ss on purpose, while tarnishing others' reputation, for what, fun?
So, how much of your raging against Airmax was actually true, then?
My work here is, finally, done.
Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 9:33:22 PM
At 5/21/2014 9:32:10 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

So, you admit to being a pain in the @ss on purpose, while tarnishing others' reputation, for what, fun?

I admit to being an unintentional jack@ss. I still don't fully agree with how Airmax handled it, but I honsestly don't care anymore.

It hardly changes anything

TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 9:36:20 PM
I think it's great you gave this apology.

Do you plan to continue running Insurgents games? If not I'd love to run one myself, it's a great concept.
Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 9:41:27 PM
At 5/21/2014 9:36:20 PM, TN05 wrote:
I think it's great you gave this apology.

Do you plan to continue running Insurgents games? If not I'd love to run one myself, it's a great concept.

Yeah, I do. I'll restart the old ones. Just give me some time

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 9:42:49 PM
At 5/21/2014 9:33:22 PM, Csareo wrote:

I admit to being an unintentional jack@ss. I still don't fully agree with how Airmax handled it, but I honsestly don't care anymore.

Then your apology means nothing.
You can't say "I don't care anymore, sorry, I guess" and say that you're a jack@ss and expect to believe you will/have changed.
Less than an hour ago you insulted me without any evidence, and now I am to believe that you were just being a jerk. And, given the history I have with you, why should I give you another chance? Why should I tolerate you again?

I ask again, if you so easily lie when you are being a jack@ss unintentionally, why should we believe you about Airmax, or even this apology?

Why should you respected in the least?
Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 9:44:31 PM
At 5/21/2014 9:42:49 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

You can't say "I don't care anymore, sorry, I guess" and say that you're a jack@ss and expect to believe you will/have changed.
Less than an hour ago you insulted me without any evidence, and now I am to believe that you were just being a jerk. And, given the history I have with you, why should I give you another chance? Why should I tolerate you again?

I ask again, if you so easily lie when you are being a jack@ss unintentionally, why should we believe you about Airmax, or even this apology?

Do not respect me, if you feel I have not earned it. Do not trust me, if you feel I have not earned it. This was not an apology, but an announcement. That I will reform myself.

I have no pleasure in appeasing you guys individually. I'll let my conduct speak for itself.

PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 9:47:54 PM

Dont be the one to turn an apparently good thing sour.

PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 9:48:51 PM
At 5/21/2014 9:44:31 PM, Csareo wrote:

Do not respect me, if you feel I have not earned it. Do not trust me, if you feel I have not earned it. This was not an apology, but an announcement. That I will reform myself.

I have no pleasure in appeasing you guys individually. I'll let my conduct speak for itself.

Well said.

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 9:51:15 PM
At 5/21/2014 9:47:54 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

Sorry, but something about people calling me a liar just for their own enjoyment sticks in my craw.
Perhaps if this announcement wasn't 20 minutes after being called a liar, I might not be so sour.

Also, it sounds fake and forced...
Didn't he just say he doesn't respect Airmax for being weak, and now he will respect us for ignoring his past?
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 9:56:03 PM
At 5/21/2014 9:51:15 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Sorry, but something about people calling me a liar just for their own enjoyment sticks in my craw.
Perhaps if this announcement wasn't 20 minutes after being called a liar, I might not be so sour.

Didn't he just say he doesn't respect Airmax for being weak, and now he will respect us for ignoring his past?

Take the high road and give him the chance he asks for. That way if he fracks up, he has no excuse and you can go to town on him, and no one will bat and eye.

PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 9:56:39 PM

I may not know you that well, but ...

http://31.media.tumblr.com...
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 9:57:45 PM
At 5/21/2014 9:48:51 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

Well said.

For the record, he hasn't clarified what he was a jack@ss about.
He said that Airmax was unfair and waging a personal vendetta against him.
He then said in this apology, he was wrong.
Wrong about what, exactly? Was he just being a douche to Airmax as well?

I don't take weak apologies well.
Why, and about what, was he acting this way?
What was he wrong about?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 9:59:43 PM

I can fully understand and appreciate having doubt and skepticism. I also believe that if you need time to test and come to acceptance, that is perfectly natural and to be expected. However, I do ask that you at least give Jif an honest chance to prove himself right or wrong and not try to push or bait him in any direction one way or the other.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 10:01:06 PM
At 5/21/2014 9:57:45 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 5/21/2014 9:48:51 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

Well said.

For the record, he hasn't clarified what he was a jack@ss about.
He said that Airmax was unfair and waging a personal vendetta against him.
He then said in this apology, he was wrong.
Wrong about what, exactly? Was he just being a douche to Airmax as well?

I don't take weak apologies well.
Why, and about what, was he acting this way?
What was he wrong about?

To clarify, I don't condone how Airmax handled the problem, not saying that I was just in acting like an @ss to him afterwards. Therefore, both sides have equaled each others wrongs in my opinion, and we are equal.

And yes, I was being somewhat of a douche to Airmax following my ban lift. It doesn't matter anymore. This wasn't an apology. It was a declaration of reform. If you want me to kiss your feet than your at the wrong place.

I only seek to redirect my previously bad behavior. I acted in no way as a civilized member. I accept that. You should to.

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 10:01:25 PM
At 5/21/2014 9:56:03 PM, PotBelliedGeek wrote:

Take the high road and give him the chance he asks for. That way if he fracks up, he has no excuse and you can go to town on him, and no one will bat and eye.

How am I not giving him the chance he asks for?
Am I clamouring for his ban?
I am tolerating him, as he asked.
I am engaged in conversation, which is not something I care to do with him.
I am trying to ascertain the point of this message, the extent of his jackassery, and the level of which he was wrong.
It was not received well.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 10:05:50 PM
At 5/21/2014 10:01:06 PM, Csareo wrote:

I only seek to redirect my previously bad behavior. I acted in no way as a civilized member. I accept that. You should to.

Time will tell.
And be aware, this "you should too" comment is incredibly juvenile.
Don't tell the ones you've wronged to just get over it, simply because you have.
Only a fool forgives and forgets.

We shall see what you are capable of.
Others seem to like you from before, so you must have some redeeming quality.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 10:08:53 PM
At 5/21/2014 9:59:43 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

I can fully understand and appreciate having doubt and skepticism. I also believe that if you need time to test and come to acceptance, that is perfectly natural and to be expected. However, I do ask that you at least give Jif an honest chance to prove himself right or wrong and not try to push or bait him in any direction one way or the other.

Now that he has addressed my question to some extent, I will let him be for now.
I guess the issue I have is this: is he acknowledging his jackassery since the ban was lifted, or his entire time on DDO? My issue is from before his ban.