Jump to topic:

A Public Apology

progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 10:44:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Well, this is a nice departure from the last few threads I've posted. So, let me preface this by assuring all of you that this is not a farewell thread. My apologies for those of you whom that disappoints.

Truly, I need to apologize to all of you for my behavior over the past few months, which really began, if memory serves, in the wake of the new policy. I was going through quite a bit in my personal life, most of which has been resolved by this point, and I suppose overreacted to really the most trivial stuff. I re-read my last two good-bye threads, and my response was a combination of laughing and facepalming at my utter stupidity. Then I read my "Open Letter to Airmax" thread from about two months back, and, well, you get the picture.

So, case in point, I've been a really horrible member recently -- from wrongfully attacking airmax and Ore, to personal attacks in the forums, etc. I would like to think that I've been improving on this, but without a doubt, I've slipped up on a number of occasions. So my sincerest apologies not only to the people whom I've hurt, but to everyone, especially those who witnessed my polluting the forums.

So I'd like to take this chance, hopefully, to start over. The election et al. brought out the worst in me. I hope you all know that what you saw wasn't who I really am, and we can all move on from there.

With that, I would also like to congratulate the presumptive next president of DDO, bladerunner. He seems like an exceptionally intelligent person and a very dedicated member, and I very much look forward to the progress he'll bring to DDO.

Sorry, again.

~Paul
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 11:00:05 PM
Well, I'm just glad you're back. Progressive democrats should stick together :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 11:02:33 PM
At 5/21/2014 11:00:05 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Indeed we should!

And I completely forgot to mention you when I was congratulating blade. So sorry man. Congrats to you as well.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 11:04:26 PM
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2014 11:08:16 PM
At 5/21/2014 11:02:33 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:

Indeed we should!

And I completely forgot to mention you when I was congratulating blade. So sorry man. Congrats to you as well.

Thanks...lol...I didn't even notice. It is Blade's campaign, after all...but I appreciate it. But, don't congratulate us to preliminarily. We still have Daytona in the race.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
PotBelliedGeek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 12:02:40 AM
At 5/21/2014 10:44:18 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
Well, this is a nice departure from the last few threads I've posted. So, let me preface this by assuring all of you that this is not a farewell thread. My apologies for those of you whom that disappoints.

Truly, I need to apologize to all of you for my behavior over the past few months, which really began, if memory serves, in the wake of the new policy. I was going through quite a bit in my personal life, most of which has been resolved by this point, and I suppose overreacted to really the most trivial stuff. I re-read my last two good-bye threads, and my response was a combination of laughing and facepalming at my utter stupidity. Then I read my "Open Letter to Airmax" thread from about two months back, and, well, you get the picture.

So, case in point, I've been a really horrible member recently -- from wrongfully attacking airmax and Ore, to personal attacks in the forums, etc. I would like to think that I've been improving on this, but without a doubt, I've slipped up on a number of occasions. So my sincerest apologies not only to the people whom I've hurt, but to everyone, especially those who witnessed my polluting the forums.

So I'd like to take this chance, hopefully, to start over. The election et al. brought out the worst in me. I hope you all know that what you saw wasn't who I really am, and we can all move on from there.

With that, I would also like to congratulate the presumptive next president of DDO, bladerunner. He seems like an exceptionally intelligent person and a very dedicated member, and I very much look forward to the progress he'll bring to DDO.

Sorry, again.

~Paul

http://replygif.net...
Religion Forum Ambassador

HUFFLEPUFF FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!