Jump to topic:

This Post Has Been Submitted for Moderation

Seido
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 9:08:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
So, this seems to be quite an issue. A lot of people, myself included, spend a lot of time writing our posts and comments. Most of the time, when we hit the submit button, they go through just fine and appear like normal; however, occasionally this is not the case. On occasion, when we hit the submit button, it gives us the message, "This post has been submitted for moderation." This, from my understanding, means that the post isn't displayed at all until it is OK'ed by the moderators. But, it never gets OK'ed by the moderators. It just kinda sits there, in the limbo of waiting to be moderated, but never quite making it onto the actual page. This means that posts and comments that people put time and effort into writing just disappear. If there's some way to fix this issue, please do.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 9:11:18 AM
At 5/22/2014 9:08:03 AM, Seido wrote:
So, this seems to be quite an issue. A lot of people, myself included, spend a lot of time writing our posts and comments. Most of the time, when we hit the submit button, they go through just fine and appear like normal; however, occasionally this is not the case. On occasion, when we hit the submit button, it gives us the message, "This post has been submitted for moderation." This, from my understanding, means that the post isn't displayed at all until it is OK'ed by the moderators. But, it never gets OK'ed by the moderators. It just kinda sits there, in the limbo of waiting to be moderated, but never quite making it onto the actual page. This means that posts and comments that people put time and effort into writing just disappear. If there's some way to fix this issue, please do.

IK. It happens. *shrugs*

We have two moderators so I guess they may have more pressing issues to deal with sometimes.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 9:56:48 AM
At 5/22/2014 9:53:51 AM, MassiveDump wrote:
Submitted for moderation = kiss your post goodbye.

+1
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Seido
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 9:59:57 AM
I understand that we have a limited amount of moderators. It would be absurd to expect them to moderate all of the posts and comments that come through this site. There's simply too many of posts and comments for them to effectively moderate all of the posts, so it might just be for the best to eliminate the "submitted for moderation" system entirely if it is possible.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 10:04:44 AM
Haha this problem got so bad at one time that If any of my posts were longer than a few sentences, I would copy it before before posting so I could just paste, edit, and repost in case it got sent for moderation.