Jump to topic:

Debate my grievances, please

Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 4:05:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have no interest in taking up your grievances one by one in the forums. If you want to discuss my contentions, Mikal, Airmax, and YYW, then please debate me. Until then, it is wasteful to engage in rhetoric.

Thank you for your time.
http://www.edeb8.com...

Edeb8 unofficial champion of team debate bug finding

PM me for questions on campaign http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 4:11:16 PM
At 5/22/2014 4:05:05 PM, Csareo wrote:
I have no interest in taking up your grievances one by one in the forums. If you want to discuss my contentions, Mikal, Airmax, and YYW, then please debate me. Until then, it is wasteful to engage in rhetoric.

Thank you for your time.

Dear boy, this is the second time in the past fifteen minutes that you've misused a word or phrase. The first was "circular fallacy" and now "rhetoric." Ich fulte mich fremdschammen.
Tsar of DDO
Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 4:17:21 PM
At 5/22/2014 4:11:16 PM, YYW wrote:

Thank you for your time.

Dear boy, this is the second time in the past fifteen minutes that you've misused a word or phrase. The first was "circular fallacy" and now "rhetoric." Ich fulte mich fremdschammen.

A circular fallacy is when a argument relies on broken logic, that is supposed to connect. I am certain that this happened.

As for rhetoric, that is to happening. Repetition seems to have taken this forum

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 4:18:28 PM
At 5/22/2014 4:17:21 PM, Csareo wrote:

Thank you for your time.

A circular fallacy is when a argument relies on broken logic, that is supposed to connect. I am certain that this happened.

Certain as you may be, it didn't happen.

As for rhetoric, that is to happening. Repetition seems to have taken this forum

I suppose you're going to continue war on the meaning of words...
Tsar of DDO
Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 4:20:49 PM
At 5/22/2014 4:18:28 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/22/2014 4:17:21 PM, Csareo wrote:

Thank you for your time.

Certain as you may be, it didn't happen.

I was being opinionated. It was no misuse. Therefore, you concede I said it in the right context, even if no such circular fallacy existed?

I suppose you're going to continue war on the meaning of words...

language designed to have a persuasive or impressive effect on its audience, but often regarded as lacking in sincerity or meaningful content.

Repetition is rhetoric. It relies on the faux that repeating yourself will cause a change in influence. Please, debate my war on words.

Should be fun

Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 4:25:41 PM

Thank you for your time.

A word of advise. You've made a new account, you've apologized, you've promised to try to be different. Just let it go. I know it can be tough, but if you're going to turn over a new leaf you have to forgive and forget. It really doesn't matter who was right and who was wrong. Start fresh. Everyone else is willing to do the same.
Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 4:27:12 PM
At 5/22/2014 4:25:41 PM, Geogeer wrote:

Thank you for your time.

A word of advise. You've made a new account, you've apologized, you've promised to try to be different. Just let it go. I know it can be tough, but if you're going to turn over a new leaf you have to forgive and forget. It really doesn't matter who was right and who was wrong. Start fresh. Everyone else is willing to do the same.

How do I let go what others wont? I have acted differently, but am soon reminded of why I acted how I was. People making this site a drama and social site.

Why will no one just debate?

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 4:27:22 PM

Thank you for your time.

Sings let it go in the shower*
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 4:28:57 PM
At 5/22/2014 4:27:12 PM, Csareo wrote:

Thank you for your time.

How do I let go what others wont? I have acted differently, but am soon reminded of why I acted how I was. People making this site a drama and social site.

Because they are too busy:
- in flame wars
- responding to countless, pointless forum posts
- arguing in the forums
Etc...

Need I continue?
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 4:31:13 PM
At 5/22/2014 4:28:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Thank you for your time.

- in flame wars
- arguing in the forums
Etc...

Need I continue?

Lol, the sociality of this site is astounding

progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 4:32:46 PM

Thank you for your time.

Is that German? I tried to search it but couldn't find a translation lol.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 4:33:32 PM
At 5/22/2014 4:31:13 PM, Csareo wrote:
At 5/22/2014 4:28:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Thank you for your time.

- in flame wars
- arguing in the forums
Etc...

Need I continue?

Lol, the sociality of this site is astounding

If you don't like it, then why are you here?
*Honest question!! Not meant as an insult!!!*
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 4:34:14 PM
At 5/22/2014 4:32:46 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:

Thank you for your time.

I was waiting for someone to post the translation lol
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 4:37:40 PM
At 5/22/2014 4:34:14 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Thank you for your time.

I put it into Google Translate, and it first said, "Did you mean Ich f"llte mich fremdsch"men." Then it translated that to "I filled alien ashamed."

I don't even know what that means!

YYW, please fill us in!

(Yes, I'm derailing this thread. That's the point.)
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 4:39:09 PM

Thank you for your time.

Water off a duck's back. If you've done nothing to instigate them, they either don't trust that you've changed yet, or they are being petty little kids. Be the bigger man. It reminds me of an old french saying: "Bien faire et laissez dire." - Which would literally translate to Do good and let them talk. In meaning it means Lead by Example.

Just get on with your life here. If they keep on sniping at you without just cause the other users will come to your defense.

Just get debating (about anything else) and ignore any chatter.
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 4:40:10 PM
At 5/22/2014 4:37:40 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:

Thank you for your time.

I put it into Google Translate, and it first said, "Did you mean Ich f"llte mich fremdsch"men." Then it translated that to "I filled alien ashamed."

YYW, please fill us in!

I feel ashamed.
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 4:41:16 PM
At 5/22/2014 4:40:10 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Thank you for your time.

YYW, please fill us in!

I feel ashamed.

Ahhh, ok.

Unless you're saying you feel ashamed that I couldn't translate it =(.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 4:57:26 PM
At 5/22/2014 4:41:16 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:

Thank you for your time.

YYW, please fill us in!

I feel ashamed.

Ahhh, ok.

I think it is the latter. Sorry Paul.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 4:59:48 PM

Thank you for your time.

YYW, please fill us in!

I feel ashamed.

Ahhh, ok.

That's the translation :-)
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 5:05:08 PM
At 5/22/2014 4:59:48 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Thank you for your time.

YYW, please fill us in!

I feel ashamed.

Ahhh, ok.

Pooee yyw

Lol
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 5:48:26 PM
This is an entertainment site. Grievances are irrelevant. Terms of use are everything.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 5:51:36 PM
At 5/22/2014 4:59:48 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

I feel ashamed.

Ahhh, ok.

Stricly speaking, isn't it specific to shame on behalf of another person? As in, not "I feel ashamed" but "I feel ashamed for you."?

The germans have all sorts of fun words--there's even a song about one of 'em!

(NSFW, btw, for cursing...)

https://www.youtube.com...
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 6:46:55 PM

Thank you for your time.

Then why did you decline my debate about my grievance?
My work here is, finally, done.
Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 6:49:33 PM
At 5/22/2014 6:46:55 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Thank you for your time.

The debate was of no serious importance....

1. Statistics are what you make them - Albert Einstein

2. The accusation happened a long time a go.

3. Please let it go man.

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 6:57:57 PM
At 5/22/2014 6:49:33 PM, Csareo wrote:

Thank you for your time.

3. Please let it go man.

No.
You insulted my character. (aren't you complaining about the same thing?)
You refuse to defend your accusation.
You refuse to apologize.

Until you do, you are just proving to me that you were a jackass LONG BEFORE you were banned, thus everything that requires trust from you is suspect.

Actions have consequences.
Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 7:00:14 PM
At 5/22/2014 6:57:57 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 5/22/2014 6:49:33 PM, Csareo wrote:

Thank you for your time.

3. Please let it go man.

No.
You insulted my character. (aren't you complaining about the same thing?

I apologize for that

You refuse to defend your accusation.

I wont, because your right

You refuse to apologize.

I apologize. Sorry

Until you do, you are just proving to me that you were a jackass LONG BEFORE you were banned, thus everything that requires trust from you is suspect.

Actions have consequences.

This happened a long time a go Khao's. I think you should let it go.

Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 7:07:12 PM
At 5/22/2014 7:00:14 PM, Csareo wrote:

1 day is not a long time ago. You said it yesterday, and NEVER before this.
Why do you keep saying it is a long time ago?

Not even progressivedem22 has called my stats false, nor did you at the time.
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 7:09:54 PM
At 5/22/2014 7:07:12 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

What's that supposed to mean? =(.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 7:11:42 PM
At 5/22/2014 7:09:54 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
At 5/22/2014 7:07:12 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

What's that supposed to mean? =(.

We don't agree on much, but you never challenged my stats or called them false, did you?
So, why is he under the impression they are?