Jump to topic:

DDO Elections - Pres/VP Statements

Lexicaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 7:09:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
This thread will be a place for presidential and vice presidential candidates in the DDO Elections to acknowledge their nominations and begin their campaigns. Post at will!
http://mastersofcreationrpg.com... - My new site and long-developed project. Should be fun.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 7:21:06 PM
Left Party candidates

Lexicaholic - President (better than Ragnar)

Volkov - Vice President (better than wjm)

We should all make statements soon. :D
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 7:23:00 PM
we need both a presidential and vice presidential debate. Presidential: 5 rounds, VP: 3 rounds.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 7:23:36 PM
At 2/11/2010 7:23:00 PM, mongoose wrote:
we need both a presidential and vice presidential debate. Presidential: 5 rounds, VP: 3 rounds.

Eh, I say three rounds for both. Five rounds is stretching it. But debates for sure.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 7:27:21 PM
At 2/11/2010 7:23:51 PM, mongeese wrote:
Are we going to run into another attack-ad election?

Hehe, I don't think so. The Left will run a positive campaign - can the Right say the same?
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 7:27:30 PM
At 2/11/2010 7:23:00 PM, mongoose wrote:
we need both a presidential and vice presidential debate.

You see (Libs)?

;)
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 7:39:48 PM
At 2/11/2010 7:27:21 PM, Volkov wrote:

Hehe, I don't think so. The Left will run a positive campaign - can the Right say the same?

Sounds like the left is already attacking.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 7:41:01 PM
At 2/11/2010 7:39:48 PM, OreEle wrote:

True.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 7:50:07 PM
At 2/11/2010 7:39:48 PM, OreEle wrote:

"The Left will run a positive campaign - can the Right say the same?"

What sounds "attacking" about that statement? All I see is a genuine statement and question. Saying it sounds "attacking" just sounds defensive :)
President of DDO
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 8:04:34 PM
At 2/11/2010 7:51:13 PM, Volkov wrote:
Well, in all honesty, it was a joke - you know, haha, sarcasm.

That sounds like something askbob would do! :O
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 8:05:20 PM

lol so far you've run on that you're better than the other guy.

That's hardly positive.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 8:06:14 PM
At 2/11/2010 8:04:34 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
At 2/11/2010 7:51:13 PM, Volkov wrote:
Well, in all honesty, it was a joke - you know, haha, sarcasm.

That sounds like something askbob would do! :O

The Left has spoken.

Volkov, VP nominee for the Left = askbob

A vote for the Left is a vote for askbob, and the wild antics that come with.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 8:06:37 PM
At 2/11/2010 8:05:20 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
That's hardly positive.

Sure it is.

It would be negative if we ran on "the other guy is worse than we are".
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 8:07:39 PM
At 2/11/2010 8:06:37 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 2/11/2010 8:05:20 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
That's hardly positive.

Sure it is.

It would be negative if we ran on "the other guy is worse than we are".

I was talking to Volkov, not mongeese.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 8:10:50 PM
At 2/11/2010 8:06:14 PM, Nags wrote:

Nonsense! Askbob is notoriously right...
President of DDO
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 8:14:47 PM
At 2/11/2010 8:10:50 PM, theLwerd wrote:

Askbob has been official censured on more than one occasion by the Right.

Poejoe equates Volkov to Askbob. You have Askbob running for VP of the Left.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 8:15:44 PM
At 2/11/2010 8:14:47 PM, Nags wrote:
At 2/11/2010 8:10:50 PM, theLwerd wrote:

Askbob has been official censured on more than one occasion by the Right.

Poejoe equates Volkov to Askbob. You have Askbob running for VP of the Left.

Is Poejoe the god of equations?
Lexicaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 8:17:11 PM
My fellow members of Debate.Org, it is my distinct honor to accept my nomination as DDO Presidential Candidate for the left. I accept this nomination knowing that I and my team have assembled a most exemplary administration, one of which I will be proud to be a part. Working together I know we can make real progress, for a change.

Our party is committed to making DDO the best site it can be. To that end we have assembled a team dedicated to developing ideas to better market this site and attract the traffic it needs to make it a huge commercial success. I know how bothersome those talking and floating ads can be – how much they distract from the pleasure of interacting with this site. I also know that DDO is no charity, and we can not realistically expect this site to survive without a steady stream of income. But tell me, are these ads the way? I say "No!" DDO should not be shopped out like a poor Myspace wannabe! Instead, we should be looking for ways to bring traffic to this site, so that the conventional ads to which we all were accustomed could be marketed at a higher rate! My party is dedicated to making this goal a reality; we WILL end these aggravating advertisements – not by whining about it, or demanding their retraction, or by stammering impotently about how we ought to be treated, but rather by finding every other better way to bring this site what it needs – revenue.

To this end, we propose the following: marketing of this site to inter-scholastic organizations, introducing streaming video real time debate features for paying site members, publishing professional and officially endorsed DDO fan pages on social networking sites like MySpace and Facebook, and improving site features to draw upon the internet political news junkie and armchair philosopher crowd.

My fellow left leaners and I have brought aboard some very experienced individuals to help with this task. We will be announcing them soon enough, and explaining the role they will play. In the mean time, we welcome anyone, from any side of the isle, to conference with us regarding the future of this site and what might be done to turn it into the Internet phenomenon it deserves to be.

Of course, our party also stands for certain principles we believe define us as ‘liberals.' We believe in equality, in the freedom of autonomy of each person, in the need for wise government intervention, and the need to recognize the right and dignity of every man and every nation to choose for themselves their fate. Yet, we must also recognize the current plight of the unemployed factory worker, the displaced workers, the struggling entrepreneurs … all of these individuals have an important impact on our society. Considering all of these factors, we unite under the following global policies:

1.Within the United States as around the world there must be a recognition that gay people and straight people are as equal under the law as they are in rights, and to the extent that they are found not to be, the social contract must be amended to recognize that they are;
2.We must recognize that the autonomy of each nations' citizens is threatened when we engage in nation building, and that it is our responsibility only to do no harm unto other nations and to protect ourselves, not to save the entire world from every calamity brought through the free choices others have made for themselves;
3.That as we descend into an economic morass, we should not seek to further our debts by continuing to support charitable causes on foreign soils at rates we can no longer properly maintain;
4.That international trade can be used as a tool to cause us to fund the ascendance of nations opposed to our values, and that it must be restricted to prevent it from doing so;
5.That sole proprietors, small businessmen, and the middle class are not well served through frustrating and increasingly complex tax regimes, and that taxation must be loosened and the process streamlined for such individuals;
6.That education reform means improving the content of our education and not the average scores of our pupils, and requires a focus on science and the tools necessary for our children to grow into a generation competent to compete in the world market;
7.That in times of economic crisis the government should spend less, and curtail, not merely freeze, its discretionary spending, especially funding of the arts, space exploration, and such other projects as are clearly not foremost weighing upon the minds of the people the government serves;
8.That every citizen deserves compassionate and free treatment, carefully regulated to ensure compliance with best medical practices and that every citizen with the wealth to do so deserves the right to be able to acquire experimental and untried treatments through private providers who provide informed consent;

We are united in our zeal for progress, in our yearning for real change, and I am sure that with your support, we can fan these first few sparks of earnest zeal into the flames of a revolution, from which we may ascend, like the Phoenix, from the ashes of past's folly. I am accompanied in this endeavor by Volkov, no stranger to the politics of DDO, and, though he may not need it, it is my pleasure to introduce you to him as my Vice President nominee. Together, I look forward to working in the spirit of progress to bring wealth and bounty to Debate.org, and the nation home to its proprietors. My sincerest thanks go out to you for your support in our endeavor. Now, if it pleases him, I would have Volkov carry on where I leave off. I am sure you will find him as capable, bright, and able as I have.
http://mastersofcreationrpg.com... - My new site and long-developed project. Should be fun.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 8:17:23 PM
At 2/11/2010 8:15:44 PM, OreEle wrote:

Poejoe is an official member and chief organizer of the Left. Volkov is the VP of the left. I would assume that Poejoe knows enough about Volkov to make a valid comparison. It seems sound.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 8:17:31 PM
As a request to whomever the victor turns out to be, I would like to either retain my current position as CIA director; or, I would like to be appointed Secretary of the DHS, or perhaps Chief Justice of the DDO Supreme Court. :)

Naturally, these aren't demands - only thoughtful requests. :D
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 8:21:09 PM
At 2/11/2010 8:17:11 PM, Lexicaholic wrote:
paying site members,

Don't giv'em any ideas huh, I rather pay by dealing with the ads then actually pay.

Metaphysics:
Lexicaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 8:29:06 PM
At 2/11/2010 8:21:09 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
paying site members,

Don't giv'em any ideas huh, I rather pay by dealing with the ads then actually pay.

I only speak of creating a superior and more demanding method of debate that would require payment to participate in. It would be an expansion of this site, and would not change the ability of members to debate freely as they do presently.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 8:29:16 PM
At 2/11/2010 8:17:23 PM, Nags wrote:
At 2/11/2010 8:15:44 PM, OreEle wrote:

Poejoe is an official member and chief organizer of the Left. Volkov is the VP of the left. I would assume that Poejoe knows enough about Volkov to make a valid comparison. It seems sound.

While he is an official member, I wouldn't say he is a "chief organizer," his participation in the multiple messages that we had was minimal. And even then, that doesn't mean he knows both Volkov or Askbob to make a connection between them.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 8:33:23 PM
Hey everyone, please read through the Presidental positions. I will conduct interviews with them this weekend. If there are any questions that you want me to ask either of them (or both of them) please let me know. For those that have already messaged me, I still have your messages.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 8:34:08 PM
At 2/11/2010 8:21:09 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
paying site members,

Well, doing video debates would be optional. It would be an extra feature attached to what we already have, don't you think? No more adds, and an optional new feature to video debate for a small fee. I think it's a brilliant idea.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.