Jump to topic:

Edeb8

Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 11:22:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
People should really participate in Edeb8. It has so many good features that makes it worthy of your time, and a dedicated admin who works 24/7 adding more features, that don't even get used. There's no members.

Its astounding, as the debates literally give you a million more options. I'm not asking people to leave here, but to maybe take a debate once a month there. Lars pretty much assures your debate will be taken.

The main reason though, is debate.org needs competition. Edeb8 is the force needed to push Juggle into submission!!! (Revolt People).
http://www.edeb8.com...

Edeb8 unofficial champion of team debate bug finding

PM me for questions on campaign http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 11:29:02 PM
At 5/22/2014 11:22:46 PM, Csareo wrote:
People should really participate in Edeb8. It has so many good features that makes it worthy of your time, and a dedicated admin who works 24/7 adding more features, that don't even get used. There's no members.

Its astounding, as the debates literally give you a million more options. I'm not asking people to leave here, but to maybe take a debate once a month there. Lars pretty much assures your debate will be taken.

The main reason though, is debate.org needs competition. Edeb8 is the force needed to push Juggle into submission!!! (Revolt People).

You're an admin on edb8? Nice. Better to rule in hell than serve in heaven, eh? lol I kid. I kid.

I encourage anyone who is dissatisfied with DDO as a site or its moderation to pursue other alternatives. After all, the internet is a vast and open place. There is no reason to stay in a place that one finds intolerable.
Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 11:32:25 PM
At 5/22/2014 11:29:02 PM, YYW wrote:

You're an admin on edb8? Nice. Better to rule in hell than serve in heaven, eh? lol I kid. I kid.

I actually really like that site, and don't want to do anything to harm it. There isn't a lot of active members, so its not a huge deal.

I encourage anyone who is dissatisfied with DDO as a site or its moderation to pursue other alternatives. After all, the internet is a vast and open place. There is no reason to stay in a place that one finds intolerable.

All I'm saying is that people who aren't overtly busy, should take the time to go over there every once in awhile.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 11:38:18 PM
At 5/22/2014 11:36:46 PM, Mikal wrote:
If larz made you an admin, you have my thanks

You just ran off half their user base. Thank him for me.

I'm confused...
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 11:38:39 PM
At 5/22/2014 11:38:18 PM, YYW wrote:

I'm confused...

hes a moderator.

just wtf
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 11:39:52 PM
At 5/22/2014 11:32:25 PM, Csareo wrote:

I actually really like that site, and don't want to do anything to harm it. There isn't a lot of active members, so its not a huge deal.

All I'm saying is that people who aren't overtly busy, should take the time to go over there every once in awhile.

Right, and that's fine. I'm offering the additional suggestion that those who have problems with moderation or have unreconcilable member issues might give consideration to spending their time elsewhere. Again, the internet is a vast and open place. There's no reason to stay where it's intolerable.
Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 11:40:07 PM

Please do not instigate

Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 11:40:36 PM
At 5/22/2014 11:39:52 PM, YYW wrote:

Right, and that's fine. I'm offering the additional suggestion that those who have problems with moderation or have unreconcilable member issues might give consideration to spending their time elsewhere. Again, the internet is a vast and open place. There's no reason to stay where it's intolerable.

I'm a very fair mod actually :)

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 11:40:38 PM
At 5/22/2014 11:40:07 PM, Csareo wrote:

Please do not instigate

that is a formal thank you, not instigation
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 11:40:39 PM
At 5/22/2014 11:38:39 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 5/22/2014 11:38:18 PM, YYW wrote:

I'm confused...

hes a moderator.

just wtf

Ahh, yes. But that's the beauty of the internet, right? If you don't like things here, you can leave. It's the ultimate freedom.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 11:41:01 PM
At 5/22/2014 11:40:36 PM, Csareo wrote:
At 5/22/2014 11:39:52 PM, YYW wrote:

I'm a very fair mod actually :)

Of course.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 11:41:22 PM

I don't appreciate this comment. What's your problem with larzthelosers site? After all the crap he has gotten for other stuff, I think it is at least fair to say he did a great job with his site and that the features should be used for good rather than rotting away simply because of some bad blood over something else presumably.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 11:44:51 PM
At 5/22/2014 11:41:22 PM, TUF wrote:

I don't appreciate this comment. What's your problem with larzthelosers site? After all the crap he has gotten for other stuff, I think it is at least fair to say he did a great job with his site and that the features should be used for good rather than rotting away simply because of some bad blood over something else presumably.

no problem with larz, I question his judgment a lot though. Specifically if he made jif a moderator. I like the idea and the reasons he made it for, I just disagree with a lot of his calls lately
Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 11:58:41 PM
BTW, Edeb8 is going through its first team debate. You can participate in this open beta, by joining either Team Takbear or the progressives. The debate will go on for the next 6 days.

TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 11:59:13 PM
At 5/22/2014 11:44:51 PM, Mikal wrote:

no problem with larz, I question his judgment a lot though. Specifically if he made jif a moderator. I like the idea and the reasons he made it for, I just disagree with a lot of his calls lately

So you want his hard work over at edb8 to suffer because you disagree with him? Most of the stuff he created over there was to help remediate the problems DDO was facing; it was intended as a service. That aside being thankful at the idea that his site full of good things that you, me, and so many others have advocated for might suffer doesn't make much sense to me if you really had no problem with larz.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 12:03:56 AM
At 5/22/2014 11:59:13 PM, TUF wrote:

So you want his hard work over at edb8 to suffer because you disagree with him? Most of the stuff he created over there was to help remediate the problems DDO was facing; it was intended as a service. That aside being thankful at the idea that his site full of good things that you, me, and so many others have advocated for might suffer doesn't make much sense to me if you really had no problem with larz.

I think Mikal's problem with Larz begins and ends with Larz's decision to make Jifpop an admin, and I think that's a fair criticism for reasons that we're all probably aware of. His site, as it is designed, is fine. The, or, rather, my issue with the site is its membership.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 12:07:26 AM
At 5/22/2014 11:58:41 PM, Csareo wrote:
BTW, Edeb8 is going through its first team debate. You can participate in this open beta, by joining either Team Takbear or the progressives. The debate will go on for the next 6 days.

I thought they had team debates since they first open?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 12:07:43 AM
At 5/23/2014 12:03:56 AM, YYW wrote:

I think Mikal's problem with Larz begins and ends with Larz's decision to make Jifpop an admin, and I think that's a fair criticism for reasons that we're all probably aware of. His site, as it is designed, is fine. The, or, rather, my issue with the site is its membership.

I keep telling the guy to invest in adwords or accept bots. He can't expect to get traffic if you have to go three pages deep when searching "debate site"

His sites pretty much off the map

Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 12:08:35 AM
At 5/23/2014 12:07:26 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 5/22/2014 11:58:41 PM, Csareo wrote:

I thought they had team debates since they first open?

This is the first one to be created and accepted by both sides. We had some initital bugs, which deleted the team draft though.

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 12:08:54 AM
At 5/23/2014 12:07:43 AM, Csareo wrote:

I keep telling the guy to invest in adwords or accept bots. He can't expect to get traffic if you have to go three pages deep when searching "debate site"

That's not entirely bad. When you get to the top of the map, you get more "trolls" and "social" people. If you only want the in depth members, you have to farm them from other sites.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 12:13:21 AM
At 5/23/2014 12:08:54 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:

That's not entirely bad. When you get to the top of the map, you get more "trolls" and "social" people. If you only want the in depth members, you have to farm them from other sites.

That was his excuse. I reason he could flood traffic while also stepping up moderation. The current situation isn't working though. There are about 7 fully active members, and the rest just come and go occasionally.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 12:17:22 AM

If Larz wants more members, I'm sure he'll have a way to make that happen. I don't think he does. I think he likes the member base limited... but I could very well may be wrong.
Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 12:21:42 AM
At 5/23/2014 12:17:22 AM, YYW wrote:

If Larz wants more members, I'm sure he'll have a way to make that happen. I don't think he does. I think he likes the member base limited... but I could very well may be wrong.

I don't think he wants 7 members. The current community certainly doesn't. He says he only wants "intelligent" debaters. therefore, will entirely target finding those debaters

Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 12:22:46 AM

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 12:25:22 AM
At 5/23/2014 12:21:42 AM, Csareo wrote:
At 5/23/2014 12:17:22 AM, YYW wrote:

I don't think he wants 7 members. The current community certainly doesn't. He says he only wants "intelligent" debaters. therefore, will entirely target finding those debaters

He may not want only 7 members, but I think he probably likes the lower membership levels. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with this, because what I think doesn't matter. It's Larz's site and he can run it exactly how he pleases. I would not run the site in the same way, but then again, I would not have created my own site to begin with.

I think that the current members there are going to keep other people from joining because they don't want to be associated with what's there now. We talk about intellectual freedom and all that jazz, but when you've got people like those who are there now (some, not all) posting what they do (and you know what I'm talking about), even if people made it to the third or fourth google page result, they're not likely to sign up or be interested in being a member where people discuss the subjects that receive the most attention.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 12:28:45 AM

thanks, i'll look into it buddy
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 12:31:03 AM
At 5/23/2014 12:28:45 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

thanks, i'll look into it buddy

Its a great site. It will have a lot more features than DDO, but less members. Create a debate, and you'll see

Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 12:37:16 AM
BTW, on the off chance that anyone didn't see through my sarcasm, I'm not actually a moderator. I reviewed the thread, and saw Mikal was bashing on Lars over it.

Sorry for any confusion

Csareo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 12:38:23 AM