Total Posts:33|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

An idea for a fan-fic

YYW
Posts: 36,335
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 11:26:30 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm thinking about writing a fanfic about running for office (like, a real political office and not related to DDO politics) but I can't decide if I want to set it in Texas or in all of the US. I'm going to include bsh1, thett, Mikal, Wylted, Zaradi, TUF, Airmax, Ore-Ele, Endarkened, Romanii, Daytona, esocial, and probably quite a few others too.

The reason I'm leaning towards setting it on the national level is because it would enable me to stage characters in individual chapters along the "campaign trail." I won't reveal too much about the plot, but there will be non-DDO characters involved too, though there may be unnamed personalities who have influenced characters.

Is this something people would be interested in?
Tsar of DDO
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 11:29:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
That sounds wonderful.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
YYW
Posts: 36,335
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 11:30:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 11:29:52 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
That sounds wonderful.

Do you have a preference between a setting in Texas or a national campaign?
Tsar of DDO
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2014 11:34:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 11:30:34 PM, YYW wrote:
At 5/22/2014 11:29:52 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
That sounds wonderful.

Do you have a preference between a setting in Texas or a national campaign?

You don't have to completely restrict yourself to Texas - you could have most of it set there, if you want, but that doesn't mean that some small sections can't have a different setting.
I don't know what your plans for the story are, so I can't really recommend one route over another, but flexibility seems like a good idea.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Romanii
Posts: 4,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 1:24:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 11:26:30 PM, YYW wrote:
I'm thinking about writing a fanfic about running for office (like, a real political office and not related to DDO politics) but I can't decide if I want to set it in Texas or in all of the US. I'm going to include bsh1, thett, Mikal, Wylted, Zaradi, TUF, Airmax, Ore-Ele, Endarkened, Romanii, Daytona, esocial, and probably quite a few others too.

The reason I'm leaning towards setting it on the national level is because it would enable me to stage characters in individual chapters along the "campaign trail." I won't reveal too much about the plot, but there will be non-DDO characters involved too, though there may be unnamed personalities who have influenced characters.

Is this something people would be interested in?

I am totally up for this as well!
You're a great writer, so it's bound to be awesome :D
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 6:43:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 11:26:30 PM, YYW wrote:
I'm thinking about writing a fanfic about running for office (like, a real political office and not related to DDO politics) but I can't decide if I want to set it in Texas or in all of the US. I'm going to include bsh1, thett, Mikal, Wylted, Zaradi, TUF, Airmax, Ore-Ele, Endarkened, Romanii, Daytona, esocial, and probably quite a few others too.

The reason I'm leaning towards setting it on the national level is because it would enable me to stage characters in individual chapters along the "campaign trail." I won't reveal too much about the plot, but there will be non-DDO characters involved too, though there may be unnamed personalities who have influenced characters.

Is this something people would be interested in?
#frickin-awesome-idea
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ClassicRobert
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 7:12:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 11:26:30 PM, YYW wrote:
I'm thinking about writing a fanfic about running for office (like, a real political office and not related to DDO politics) but I can't decide if I want to set it in Texas or in all of the US. I'm going to include bsh1, thett, Mikal, Wylted, Zaradi, TUF, Airmax, Ore-Ele, Endarkened, Romanii, Daytona, esocial, and probably quite a few others too.

The reason I'm leaning towards setting it on the national level is because it would enable me to stage characters in individual chapters along the "campaign trail." I won't reveal too much about the plot, but there will be non-DDO characters involved too, though there may be unnamed personalities who have influenced characters.

Is this something people would be interested in?

That sounds pretty cool. National scale would give you a little more variety as the writer and would likely give you opportunities to make the story longer than Texas would, which would probably end up a little more focused, but I have no real preference on that.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Comrade_Silly_Otter
Posts: 725
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 7:31:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/23/2014 7:12:12 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 5/22/2014 11:26:30 PM, YYW wrote:
I'm thinking about writing a fanfic about running for office (like, a real political office and not related to DDO politics) but I can't decide if I want to set it in Texas or in all of the US. I'm going to include bsh1, thett, Mikal, Wylted, Zaradi, TUF, Airmax, Ore-Ele, Endarkened, Romanii, Daytona, esocial, and probably quite a few others too.

The reason I'm leaning towards setting it on the national level is because it would enable me to stage characters in individual chapters along the "campaign trail." I won't reveal too much about the plot, but there will be non-DDO characters involved too, though there may be unnamed personalities who have influenced characters.

Is this something people would be interested in?

That sounds pretty cool. National scale would give you a little more variety as the writer and would likely give you opportunities to make the story longer than Texas would, which would probably end up a little more focused, but I have no real preference on that.

Comrade Otter, leader of the Socialist Party!
Juan_Pablo
Posts: 2,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 7:41:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 11:26:30 PM, YYW wrote:
I'm thinking about writing a fanfic about running for office (like, a real political office and not related to DDO politics) but I can't decide if I want to set it in Texas or in all of the US. I'm going to include bsh1, thett, Mikal, Wylted, Zaradi, TUF, Airmax, Ore-Ele, Endarkened, Romanii, Daytona, esocial, and probably quite a few others too.

The reason I'm leaning towards setting it on the national level is because it would enable me to stage characters in individual chapters along the "campaign trail." I won't reveal too much about the plot, but there will be non-DDO characters involved too, though there may be unnamed personalities who have influenced characters.

Is this something people would be interested in?

This is a great idea! I'd be interested in reading your work.
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 8:34:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/22/2014 11:26:30 PM, YYW wrote:
I'm thinking about writing a fanfic about running for office (like, a real political office and not related to DDO politics) but I can't decide if I want to set it in Texas or in all of the US. I'm going to include bsh1, thett, Mikal, Wylted, Zaradi, TUF, Airmax, Ore-Ele, Endarkened, Romanii, Daytona, esocial, and probably quite a few others too.

The reason I'm leaning towards setting it on the national level is because it would enable me to stage characters in individual chapters along the "campaign trail." I won't reveal too much about the plot, but there will be non-DDO characters involved too, though there may be unnamed personalities who have influenced characters.

Is this something people would be interested in?

I'd read it.
YYW
Posts: 36,335
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 10:15:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Texas will be on the campaign trail... but that's it. I'm doing the national thing. Cheers, guys.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,335
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 3:25:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/23/2014 11:20:23 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
I would 100% read it.

Sweet. I think it's settled, then.
Tsar of DDO
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 12:17:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/23/2014 8:52:19 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Yes, go for it. I would at least have some competition.

Somehow I doubt writing fanfiction is really a competition.
YYW
Posts: 36,335
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 12:21:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 12:17:53 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/23/2014 8:52:19 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Yes, go for it. I would at least have some competition.

Somehow I doubt writing fanfiction is really a competition.

It's not, and some people have more or less unique styles (like pretending to be Kafka -something I'm sure Kafka would have a good laugh over) and others write for people to read, you know, for fun... I'm of the latter bit. I could write something aloof and wild, but I actually want people to enjoy what I write.
Tsar of DDO
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 12:24:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 12:17:53 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/23/2014 8:52:19 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Yes, go for it. I would at least have some competition.

Somehow I doubt writing fanfiction is really a competition.

It is for the highly competitive.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 12:25:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 12:24:16 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:17:53 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/23/2014 8:52:19 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Yes, go for it. I would at least have some competition.

Somehow I doubt writing fanfiction is really a competition.

It is for the highly competitive.

If you're competitive to the point of doing it a) over fanfiction and b) in the absence of a competition, I don't think that's a healthy mentality.
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 12:28:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 12:25:33 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:24:16 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:17:53 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/23/2014 8:52:19 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Yes, go for it. I would at least have some competition.

Somehow I doubt writing fanfiction is really a competition.

It is for the highly competitive.

If you're competitive to the point of doing it a) over fanfiction and b) in the absence of a competition, I don't think that's a healthy mentality.

It's not that there is no competition, it is simply that competition is becoming niqashophobic.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 12:30:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 12:28:24 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:25:33 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:24:16 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:17:53 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/23/2014 8:52:19 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Yes, go for it. I would at least have some competition.

Somehow I doubt writing fanfiction is really a competition.

It is for the highly competitive.

If you're competitive to the point of doing it a) over fanfiction and b) in the absence of a competition, I don't think that's a healthy mentality.

It's not that there is no competition, it is simply that competition is becoming niqashophobic.

Such confidence. Not a bad trait.
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 12:40:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 12:30:07 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:28:24 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:25:33 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:24:16 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:17:53 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/23/2014 8:52:19 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Yes, go for it. I would at least have some competition.

Somehow I doubt writing fanfiction is really a competition.

It is for the highly competitive.

If you're competitive to the point of doing it a) over fanfiction and b) in the absence of a competition, I don't think that's a healthy mentality.

It's not that there is no competition, it is simply that competition is becoming niqashophobic.

Such confidence. Not a bad trait.

Lebanese poetry is like rap battles in the sense that two poets compete on a certain subject, but with less lewdness in personal insults, and more focus on imagery and stylistics. And there was this Lebanese poet who thought he was legendary, simply because he had some social connections and paid-for supporters who would sit in the front seats and cheer wildly each time he said something slightly poetic. It took years for another poet to demolish him in a poetry battle, but soon a more talented poet stepped up, and the former lost him a good one, but of course, his excuse was "how it wasn't meant to be a competition," but soon his name was forgotten much like his excuses. And I'm here for such artists, mainly.

Tl:dr something remotely relevant. You can skip it.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 12:44:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 12:40:02 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:30:07 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:28:24 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:25:33 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:24:16 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:17:53 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/23/2014 8:52:19 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Yes, go for it. I would at least have some competition.

Somehow I doubt writing fanfiction is really a competition.

It is for the highly competitive.

If you're competitive to the point of doing it a) over fanfiction and b) in the absence of a competition, I don't think that's a healthy mentality.

It's not that there is no competition, it is simply that competition is becoming niqashophobic.

Such confidence. Not a bad trait.

Lebanese poetry is like rap battles in the sense that two poets compete on a certain subject, but with less lewdness in personal insults, and more focus on imagery and stylistics. And there was this Lebanese poet who thought he was legendary, simply because he had some social connections and paid-for supporters who would sit in the front seats and cheer wildly each time he said something slightly poetic. It took years for another poet to demolish him in a poetry battle, but soon a more talented poet stepped up, and the former lost him a good one, but of course, his excuse was "how it wasn't meant to be a competition," but soon his name was forgotten much like his excuses. And I'm here for such artists, mainly.

Tl:dr something remotely relevant. You can skip it.

It seems like Lebanese poets could use a few more daytime activities. But then, the nature of such works - fanfiction, fiction, poetry - is subjective, and the fancy of one person is not identical to that of another. An artist might aspire to grand heights, but this more of an introspective and personal voyage than a chaotic free-for-all.
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 12:52:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 12:44:33 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:40:02 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:30:07 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:28:24 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:25:33 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:24:16 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:17:53 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/23/2014 8:52:19 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Yes, go for it. I would at least have some competition.

Somehow I doubt writing fanfiction is really a competition.

It is for the highly competitive.

If you're competitive to the point of doing it a) over fanfiction and b) in the absence of a competition, I don't think that's a healthy mentality.

It's not that there is no competition, it is simply that competition is becoming niqashophobic.

Such confidence. Not a bad trait.

Lebanese poetry is like rap battles in the sense that two poets compete on a certain subject, but with less lewdness in personal insults, and more focus on imagery and stylistics. And there was this Lebanese poet who thought he was legendary, simply because he had some social connections and paid-for supporters who would sit in the front seats and cheer wildly each time he said something slightly poetic. It took years for another poet to demolish him in a poetry battle, but soon a more talented poet stepped up, and the former lost him a good one, but of course, his excuse was "how it wasn't meant to be a competition," but soon his name was forgotten much like his excuses. And I'm here for such artists, mainly.

Tl:dr something remotely relevant. You can skip it.

It seems like Lebanese poets could use a few more daytime activities.

That is probably meant as a snarky insult, but those people commit their whole lives to writing poetry, and so I don't feel like such a remark is warranted, but seems to be rather ignorant.

But then, the nature of such works - fanfiction, fiction, poetry - is subjective, and the fancy of one person is not identical to that of another. An artist might aspire to grand heights, but this more of an introspective and personal voyage than a chaotic free-for-all.

Lebanese poetry battles have certain criteria and so it is usually easy to choose a winner because there is a point-to-point basis such as debates, and a certain mildly accurate qualification of the beauty of the imagery used.

And yes, each artist has a different color and approach based on the strangeness he sees in the world, and the experiences he uses to express such expressive strangeness. So I don't expect a Shepard who is also a poet to have identical poetry and ideas to a businessman who is also a poet, but I still can evaluate both on how much they can make me think, imagine and reflect back on my life. It's simply this which identifies a bad poet from a good poet.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 12:56:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 12:52:39 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:44:33 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:40:02 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:30:07 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:28:24 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:25:33 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:24:16 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/24/2014 12:17:53 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/23/2014 8:52:19 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Yes, go for it. I would at least have some competition.

Somehow I doubt writing fanfiction is really a competition.

It is for the highly competitive.

If you're competitive to the point of doing it a) over fanfiction and b) in the absence of a competition, I don't think that's a healthy mentality.

It's not that there is no competition, it is simply that competition is becoming niqashophobic.

Such confidence. Not a bad trait.

Lebanese poetry is like rap battles in the sense that two poets compete on a certain subject, but with less lewdness in personal insults, and more focus on imagery and stylistics. And there was this Lebanese poet who thought he was legendary, simply because he had some social connections and paid-for supporters who would sit in the front seats and cheer wildly each time he said something slightly poetic. It took years for another poet to demolish him in a poetry battle, but soon a more talented poet stepped up, and the former lost him a good one, but of course, his excuse was "how it wasn't meant to be a competition," but soon his name was forgotten much like his excuses. And I'm here for such artists, mainly.

Tl:dr something remotely relevant. You can skip it.

It seems like Lebanese poets could use a few more daytime activities.

That is probably meant as a snarky insult, but those people commit their whole lives to writing poetry, and so I don't feel like such a remark is warranted, but seems to be rather ignorant.

Nope. It's meant as a joke.

But then, the nature of such works - fanfiction, fiction, poetry - is subjective, and the fancy of one person is not identical to that of another. An artist might aspire to grand heights, but this more of an introspective and personal voyage than a chaotic free-for-all.

Lebanese poetry battles have certain criteria and so it is usually easy to choose a winner because there is a point-to-point basis such as debates, and a certain mildly accurate qualification of the beauty of the imagery used.

It seems like such a shame that poetry seems to be a commercialized contest rather than a free-flowing expression.

And yes, each artist has a different color and approach based on the strangeness he sees in the world, and the experiences he uses to express such expressive strangeness. So I don't expect a Shepard who is also a poet to have identical poetry and ideas to a businessman who is also a poet, but I still can evaluate both on how much they can make me think, imagine and reflect back on my life. It's simply this which identifies a bad poet from a good poet.

Anyone who writes poetry has the potential to make you think, depending on both the poet and audience. Many don't succeed, but a few do.
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 1:04:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
It seems like such a shame that poetry seems to be a commercialized contest rather than a free-flowing expression.

I'm not sure what made you think it is a "commercialized" contest, when such contests are mostly between poor villages and with no financial rewards for the poets. And some of them are impromptu, when it is very hard to write Lebanese poetry which is based on strict metrics that could be sung because they're built on specific rhymes. Therefore, such competitions encourage poets to reach higher standards to express their free-flowing expressions, which I presume exist in all humans on the face of the Earth, but are not equally and ingeniously expressed by all of us.


And yes, each artist has a different color and approach based on the strangeness he sees in the world, and the experiences he uses to express such expressive strangeness. So I don't expect a Shepard who is also a poet to have identical poetry and ideas to a businessman who is also a poet, but I still can evaluate both on how much they can make me think, imagine and reflect back on my life. It's simply this which identifies a bad poet from a good poet.

Anyone who writes poetry has the potential to make you think, depending on both the poet and audience. Many don't succeed, but a few do.

You miss the point. But since I can tell from some of your remarks on me, that you're sutom-ing at this point for a few pats on the back, I won't comment any further. But seriously, people. Make it less obvious.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 1:24:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 1:04:10 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
It seems like such a shame that poetry seems to be a commercialized contest rather than a free-flowing expression.

I'm not sure what made you think it is a "commercialized" contest, when such contests are mostly between poor villages and with no financial rewards for the poets. And some of them are impromptu, when it is very hard to write Lebanese poetry which is based on strict metrics that could be sung because they're built on specific rhymes. Therefore, such competitions encourage poets to reach higher standards to express their free-flowing expressions, which I presume exist in all humans on the face of the Earth, but are not equally and ingeniously expressed by all of us.

Structure is a cage limiting the realm of creativity.



And yes, each artist has a different color and approach based on the strangeness he sees in the world, and the experiences he uses to express such expressive strangeness. So I don't expect a Shepard who is also a poet to have identical poetry and ideas to a businessman who is also a poet, but I still can evaluate both on how much they can make me think, imagine and reflect back on my life. It's simply this which identifies a bad poet from a good poet.

Anyone who writes poetry has the potential to make you think, depending on both the poet and audience. Many don't succeed, but a few do.

You miss the point. But since I can tell from some of your remarks on me, that you're sutom-ing at this point for a few pats on the back, I won't comment any further. But seriously, people. Make it less obvious.

No, I think you missed the point. And I can't imagine how you turned that into looking for pats on the back, as you say. I'm sure you're not that bad at reading responses and intentions.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 1:31:12 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 1:29:58 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Structure is a cage, but pearls are made in their own cages, while pebbles tumble freely down the hill. [I first posted in the wrong thread. Lol]

Ah. Then I post the same response. A pearl that lingers in its cage can never display beauty to the world.
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 1:34:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 1:31:12 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/24/2014 1:29:58 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Structure is a cage, but pearls are made in their own cages, while pebbles tumble freely down the hill. [I first posted in the wrong thread. Lol]

Ah. Then I post the same response. A pearl that lingers in its cage can never display beauty to the world.

That is why the pearl leaves its actual age still protected with the cage of structure to remain beautiful, or else it would lose its structure and become sand.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 1:37:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 1:34:14 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/24/2014 1:31:12 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/24/2014 1:29:58 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Structure is a cage, but pearls are made in their own cages, while pebbles tumble freely down the hill. [I first posted in the wrong thread. Lol]

Ah. Then I post the same response. A pearl that lingers in its cage can never display beauty to the world.

That is why the pearl leaves its actual age still protected with the cage of structure to remain beautiful, or else it would lose its structure and become sand.

And from whence does the pearl form? Its journey begins outside the cage.