Total Posts:40|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Proud to debate.

TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 9:21:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://www.debate.org...

-Forced MassiveDump to a tie in a debate with a basically impossible resolution to defend.

http://www.debate.org...

-Destroyed a One Direction fan.

http://www.debate.org...

-Speaks for itself.

http://www.debate.org...

-Successfully defended the Electoral College.
Romanii
Posts: 4,852
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 10:31:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://www.debate.org...

Lost to bsh1, but it was still one of the best debates I've done so far.

http://www.debate.org...

Successfully defended my spiritual ideology of Religious pluralism against a good debater named iamanatheistandthisiswhy

http://www.debate.org...

Beat Jifpop09 on some random history topic.

http://www.debate.org...

Beat Lucky_Luciano/Mestari in my first real philosophical debate.
whiteflame
Posts: 1,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2014 10:39:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Well, I can't select a small amount, frankly because I've had too many good debates here, and I can't in good conscience leave any of them off the list.

http://www.debate.org...

I haven't really had any other economic debates on this site, but I can say that I definitely enjoyed this one. Intriguing topic, a lot involved in this discussion.

http://www.debate.org...

The sole debate I've lost, and it was probably warranted, but I thought it was a pretty good debate overall, and the only live debate I've done here. I was really looking forward to seeing bsh1 vs. larz...

http://www.debate.org...

Didn't expect this one to be good, but ended up thoroughly enjoying it. Really hoping he participates in more debates.

http://www.debate.org...

Given the topic, I expected this to be straightforward, but bubba put up quite a fight, really solid debate.

http://www.debate.org...

It was an OK debate, mainly posting it because I think it was my favorite of my final round posts, really enjoyed writing it.

http://www.debate.org...

Tough debate, had to spend a lot more time justifying my point and giving internal warrants, really appreciated the effort put in by iamanatheist

http://www.debate.org...

Easily the best gun control debate I've had and one of the closest debates I've had on this website, to be sure.

http://www.debate.org...

The main reason I miss OtakuJordan is this debate. I thought it was quite a battle over a difficult topic, and yet it managed to stay logical and reasonable throughout.

http://www.debate.org...

Probably the most involved debate I've done thusfar, Garret really gave me a run for my money here. Well worth a read if you get the chance.
CJKAllstar
Posts: 408
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 6:56:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://www.debate.org...

I held a very good fight against Mikal. This is the one I'm most proud of, although I lost.

http://www.debate.org...

My first serious debate. This was when I realised my adeptness at the utilisation of facts.

http://www.debate.org...

Heh. This debate wasn't spectacular, but I took the most fun in beating WilliamsP. After reading his profile, he came across as a pompous, condescending person, no offence to William. Also being my age, it was fun to put him in place, and make him concede.

http://www.debate.org...

Making someone instantly concede after round one is always a plus.

I haven't really had a ton of good debates, I'm not yet on the list of people who are clearly skilled debaters yet, so...yeah. Those are it.
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." - George Orwell
Zarroette
Posts: 2,951
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 6:58:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
This debate is the one that I'll cherish for the rest of my life. I had never beaten a 3k+ Elo debater prior to this, and I was beginning to think that I simply wasn't capable of doing it. I had a few somewhat close debates with high Elo debaters, and I lost some of them by a vote or two. Also, I had lost the last 5 debates I had been in (including one on Caploxion).

Anyway, Jordan had always got the better of me in the forums. I'd make an argument, and within a few posts, he'd have me eating my words. I mean, I've had this happen with other users, but he'd always call me out successfully. It's just so frustrating to be proven wrong over and over, especially by the same person. It plays with your mind and makes you feel useless.

So, I was making another argument in the forums, albeit a controversial one that got a lot of attention, and who should show up? Jordan. He tried to make me eat my words again, and I became a bit scared that he'd make me look stupid again. My pride got a hold of my mind, and I called him some names in what was probably frustration and timidity. I got him angry enough that he felt the need to challenge me in a formal debate.

I crushed him. It wasn't even close. He made some b.s. story by the end, explaining how his computer died and he couldn't complete the debate. I don't like to take (too much) pleasure in other people's failures, but it was sensational to get this one over him. All those embarrassing moments I had in the forums and lost debates might not have been made up for, but that really doesn't matter. I managed to win this debate, which I somewhat thought was impossible.

The purest of joys are born in the most wretched of miseries.

http://www.debate.org...
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 7:58:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 6:56:41 AM, CJKAllstar wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

I held a very good fight against Mikal. This is the one I'm most proud of, although I lost.

http://www.debate.org...

My first serious debate. This was when I realised my adeptness at the utilisation of facts.

http://www.debate.org...

Heh. This debate wasn't spectacular, but I took the most fun in beating WilliamsP. After reading his profile, he came across as a pompous, condescending person, no offence to William. Also being my age, it was fun to put him in place, and make him concede.

http://www.debate.org...

Making someone instantly concede after round one is always a plus.


I haven't really had a ton of good debates, I'm not yet on the list of people who are clearly skilled debaters yet, so...yeah. Those are it.

I loved our debate btw, you did extremely well
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 8:07:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
(1) http://www.debate.org...

My favorite debate ever. The earth is supported by the shell of a tortoise. Most fun I have ever had debating.

(2) http://www.debate.org...

Death penalty debate. The day I took down roy decisively

(3) http://www.debate.org...

Defend the fact i am a christian (troll). This was fun

(4) http://www.debate.org...

Drawing debate that my gf participated in. One of my favs

(5) http://www.debate.org...

(5a) http://www.debate.org...

Prostitution should be legalized with Ima/CK. This was fun at the time as well. Although the one with CK was way more hard fought. He did a great job. Both topics were great

(6) http://www.debate.org...

this is going to turn into one of my favs. Nailing jif to a cross

(7) http://www.debate.org...

Debate with DK. My first serious debate on the site, or first one against a viable member
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 8:59:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 8:07:02 AM, Mikal wrote:
(3) http://www.debate.org...

Defend the fact i am a christian (troll). This was fun

You said in the comments before I accepted that it wasn't a troll debate.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 9:01:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 8:59:44 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 5/24/2014 8:07:02 AM, Mikal wrote:
(3) http://www.debate.org...

Defend the fact i am a christian (troll). This was fun

You said in the comments before I accepted that it wasn't a troll debate.

It was a serious debate that I trolled *, not a troll debate
Romanii
Posts: 4,852
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 1:44:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 6:58:01 AM, Zarroette wrote:
This debate is the one that I'll cherish for the rest of my life. I had never beaten a 3k+ Elo debater prior to this, and I was beginning to think that I simply wasn't capable of doing it. I had a few somewhat close debates with high Elo debaters, and I lost some of them by a vote or two. Also, I had lost the last 5 debates I had been in (including one on Caploxion).

Anyway, Jordan had always got the better of me in the forums. I'd make an argument, and within a few posts, he'd have me eating my words. I mean, I've had this happen with other users, but he'd always call me out successfully. It's just so frustrating to be proven wrong over and over, especially by the same person. It plays with your mind and makes you feel useless.

So, I was making another argument in the forums, albeit a controversial one that got a lot of attention, and who should show up? Jordan. He tried to make me eat my words again, and I became a bit scared that he'd make me look stupid again. My pride got a hold of my mind, and I called him some names in what was probably frustration and timidity. I got him angry enough that he felt the need to challenge me in a formal debate.

I crushed him. It wasn't even close. He made some b.s. story by the end, explaining how his computer died and he couldn't complete the debate. I don't like to take (too much) pleasure in other people's failures, but it was sensational to get this one over him. All those embarrassing moments I had in the forums and lost debates might not have been made up for, but that really doesn't matter. I managed to win this debate, which I somewhat thought was impossible.

The purest of joys are born in the most wretched of miseries.

http://www.debate.org...

I'm guessing you're also waiting to do the same to Wylted?
progressivedem22
Posts: 1,304
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 1:48:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 8:07:02 AM, Mikal wrote:

this is going to turn into one of my favs. Nailing jif to a cross


I wonder if I'm alone in finding it peculiar that you referenced a troll debate where you pretended be a Christian at the same time that you made an allusion to crucifixion.

I may need to start a conspiracy theory that you're actually a Christian, but are being silenced by the DDO Elite. I wonder how far that would go..
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 1:50:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 9:01:20 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 5/24/2014 8:59:44 AM, TN05 wrote:
At 5/24/2014 8:07:02 AM, Mikal wrote:
(3) http://www.debate.org...

Defend the fact i am a christian (troll). This was fun

You said in the comments before I accepted that it wasn't a troll debate.

It was a serious debate that I trolled *, not a troll debate

Fair enough.
Romanii
Posts: 4,852
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 1:50:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 6:58:01 AM, Zarroette wrote:

Otaku was serious about not having enough time to finish up that debate, though. He left the site shortly after because of his overly busy schedule (http://www.debate.org...)
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 1:59:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 6:58:01 AM, Zarroette wrote:
This debate is the one that I'll cherish for the rest of my life. I had never beaten a 3k+ Elo debater prior to this, and I was beginning to think that I simply wasn't capable of doing it. I had a few somewhat close debates with high Elo debaters, and I lost some of them by a vote or two. Also, I had lost the last 5 debates I had been in (including one on Caploxion).

Anyway, Jordan had always got the better of me in the forums. I'd make an argument, and within a few posts, he'd have me eating my words. I mean, I've had this happen with other users, but he'd always call me out successfully. It's just so frustrating to be proven wrong over and over, especially by the same person. It plays with your mind and makes you feel useless.

So, I was making another argument in the forums, albeit a controversial one that got a lot of attention, and who should show up? Jordan. He tried to make me eat my words again, and I became a bit scared that he'd make me look stupid again. My pride got a hold of my mind, and I called him some names in what was probably frustration and timidity. I got him angry enough that he felt the need to challenge me in a formal debate.

I crushed him. It wasn't even close. He made some b.s. story by the end, explaining how his computer died and he couldn't complete the debate. I don't like to take (too much) pleasure in other people's failures, but it was sensational to get this one over him. All those embarrassing moments I had in the forums and lost debates might not have been made up for, but that really doesn't matter. I managed to win this debate, which I somewhat thought was impossible.

The purest of joys are born in the most wretched of miseries.

http://www.debate.org...

I think your abortion debate with zmike was substantially better than that one...
whiteflame
Posts: 1,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 2:02:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/23/2014 10:44:04 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 5/23/2014 10:39:48 PM, whiteflame wrote:

I will make it onto your list someday...

Just gotta debate first. Make it to my gym, and we shall meet on the field of battle!
TN05
Posts: 4,492
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 2:03:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 6:58:01 AM, Zarroette wrote:
This debate is the one that I'll cherish for the rest of my life. I had never beaten a 3k+ Elo debater prior to this, and I was beginning to think that I simply wasn't capable of doing it. I had a few somewhat close debates with high Elo debaters, and I lost some of them by a vote or two. Also, I had lost the last 5 debates I had been in (including one on Caploxion).

Anyway, Jordan had always got the better of me in the forums. I'd make an argument, and within a few posts, he'd have me eating my words. I mean, I've had this happen with other users, but he'd always call me out successfully. It's just so frustrating to be proven wrong over and over, especially by the same person. It plays with your mind and makes you feel useless.

So, I was making another argument in the forums, albeit a controversial one that got a lot of attention, and who should show up? Jordan. He tried to make me eat my words again, and I became a bit scared that he'd make me look stupid again. My pride got a hold of my mind, and I called him some names in what was probably frustration and timidity. I got him angry enough that he felt the need to challenge me in a formal debate.

I crushed him. It wasn't even close. He made some b.s. story by the end, explaining how his computer died and he couldn't complete the debate. I don't like to take (too much) pleasure in other people's failures, but it was sensational to get this one over him. All those embarrassing moments I had in the forums and lost debates might not have been made up for, but that really doesn't matter. I managed to win this debate, which I somewhat thought was impossible.

The purest of joys are born in the most wretched of miseries.

http://www.debate.org...

I wish you would have been able to stay around to do the Jews in UFOs causing 9/11 debate. That would have been an all-time classic. :P
Romanii
Posts: 4,852
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 2:04:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 1:59:44 PM, Envisage wrote:

I think your abortion debate with zmike was substantially better than that one...

Haha yeah... her Bible debate with Wylted and Islam debate with DK were pretty awesome, as well.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 3:03:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 2:03:10 PM, TN05 wrote:
At 5/24/2014 6:58:01 AM, Zarroette wrote:
This debate is the one that I'll cherish for the rest of my life. I had never beaten a 3k+ Elo debater prior to this, and I was beginning to think that I simply wasn't capable of doing it. I had a few somewhat close debates with high Elo debaters, and I lost some of them by a vote or two. Also, I had lost the last 5 debates I had been in (including one on Caploxion).

Anyway, Jordan had always got the better of me in the forums. I'd make an argument, and within a few posts, he'd have me eating my words. I mean, I've had this happen with other users, but he'd always call me out successfully. It's just so frustrating to be proven wrong over and over, especially by the same person. It plays with your mind and makes you feel useless.

So, I was making another argument in the forums, albeit a controversial one that got a lot of attention, and who should show up? Jordan. He tried to make me eat my words again, and I became a bit scared that he'd make me look stupid again. My pride got a hold of my mind, and I called him some names in what was probably frustration and timidity. I got him angry enough that he felt the need to challenge me in a formal debate.

I crushed him. It wasn't even close. He made some b.s. story by the end, explaining how his computer died and he couldn't complete the debate. I don't like to take (too much) pleasure in other people's failures, but it was sensational to get this one over him. All those embarrassing moments I had in the forums and lost debates might not have been made up for, but that really doesn't matter. I managed to win this debate, which I somewhat thought was impossible.

The purest of joys are born in the most wretched of miseries.

http://www.debate.org...

I wish you would have been able to stay around to do the Jews in UFOs causing 9/11 debate. That would have been an all-time classic. :P

I would have won that. It's basically a truism.
Jonbonbon
Posts: 2,760
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 4:38:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 1:48:50 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
that you're actually a Christian,

He actually had a debate about this. You'll find it somewhere in his debates. I don't feel like going to go find it.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
Jonbonbon
Posts: 2,760
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 4:46:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm going to do a top five, not that I've been in a ton of debates anyway.

A debate I trolled from back in my prime. Unfortunately I provided links for pictures because I didn't know how to embed them or whatever:

http://www.debate.org...

This one was just a fun little exchange I had with KingDebater:

http://www.debate.org...

A semi-serious debate that I source-bombed:

http://www.debate.org...

This was the time I got to debate imabench that surprisingly got only one vote:

http://www.debate.org...

Then of course, the legendary debate (my only debate to make the front page, and even in this one it was just due to the shear number of comments) that some of us will never forget:

http://www.debate.org...
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
Zarroette
Posts: 2,951
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 5:13:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 1:44:20 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 5/24/2014 6:58:01 AM, Zarroette wrote:
This debate is the one that I'll cherish for the rest of my life. I had never beaten a 3k+ Elo debater prior to this, and I was beginning to think that I simply wasn't capable of doing it. I had a few somewhat close debates with high Elo debaters, and I lost some of them by a vote or two. Also, I had lost the last 5 debates I had been in (including one on Caploxion).

Anyway, Jordan had always got the better of me in the forums. I'd make an argument, and within a few posts, he'd have me eating my words. I mean, I've had this happen with other users, but he'd always call me out successfully. It's just so frustrating to be proven wrong over and over, especially by the same person. It plays with your mind and makes you feel useless.

So, I was making another argument in the forums, albeit a controversial one that got a lot of attention, and who should show up? Jordan. He tried to make me eat my words again, and I became a bit scared that he'd make me look stupid again. My pride got a hold of my mind, and I called him some names in what was probably frustration and timidity. I got him angry enough that he felt the need to challenge me in a formal debate.

I crushed him. It wasn't even close. He made some b.s. story by the end, explaining how his computer died and he couldn't complete the debate. I don't like to take (too much) pleasure in other people's failures, but it was sensational to get this one over him. All those embarrassing moments I had in the forums and lost debates might not have been made up for, but that really doesn't matter. I managed to win this debate, which I somewhat thought was impossible.

The purest of joys are born in the most wretched of miseries.

http://www.debate.org...

I'm guessing you're also waiting to do the same to Wylted?

That's an excellent guess. When I get the time, I'm going to read up on transhumanism, or something else that means a lot to him. Then I'm going to beat him in a debate on the topic. The dream would be to get him to concede in the debate...
Zarroette
Posts: 2,951
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 5:19:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 1:50:38 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 5/24/2014 6:58:01 AM, Zarroette wrote:

Otaku was serious about not having enough time to finish up that debate, though. He left the site shortly after because of his overly busy schedule (http://www.debate.org...)

He said his computer crashed, not that he didn't have the time. I spoke to him in PMs after the debate. My intuition told me that it was just his pride that was broken. I'm sure that after making me look stupid in the forums so many times, it was too much for him to lose to me. He thought I'd be a walk-over, and honestly, I was starting to think I was, too.
Envisage
Posts: 3,646
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 5:22:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I guess my best ones would be these, although my portfolio isn't exactly huge:

God most likely exists vs zmikecuber
http://www.debate.org...

Evolution is falsified vs garretgadedupre (my first ever debate)
http://www.debate.org...

Unicorns once existed vs iamanatheistandthisiswhy
http://www.debate.org...

The zombie apocalypse will happen vs angelofdeath
(See sig)

The simplest of cells is intelligently designed vs mykeil
(See sig)
Romanii
Posts: 4,852
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 5:26:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 5:19:44 PM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/24/2014 1:50:38 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 5/24/2014 6:58:01 AM, Zarroette wrote:

Otaku was serious about not having enough time to finish up that debate, though. He left the site shortly after because of his overly busy schedule (http://www.debate.org...)

He said his computer crashed, not that he didn't have the time. I spoke to him in PMs after the debate. My intuition told me that it was just his pride that was broken. I'm sure that after making me look stupid in the forums so many times, it was too much for him to lose to me. He thought I'd be a walk-over, and honestly, I was starting to think I was, too.

Oh... well, you definitely won that one fair and square, though I still think you're wrong :P
Zarroette
Posts: 2,951
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 5:30:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 5:26:01 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 5/24/2014 5:19:44 PM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/24/2014 1:50:38 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 5/24/2014 6:58:01 AM, Zarroette wrote:

Otaku was serious about not having enough time to finish up that debate, though. He left the site shortly after because of his overly busy schedule (http://www.debate.org...)

He said his computer crashed, not that he didn't have the time. I spoke to him in PMs after the debate. My intuition told me that it was just his pride that was broken. I'm sure that after making me look stupid in the forums so many times, it was too much for him to lose to me. He thought I'd be a walk-over, and honestly, I was starting to think I was, too.

Oh... well, you definitely won that one fair and square, though I still think you're wrong :P

Be careful with what you say, or else I will take you down, too.
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 5:31:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 5:26:01 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 5/24/2014 5:19:44 PM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/24/2014 1:50:38 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 5/24/2014 6:58:01 AM, Zarroette wrote:

Otaku was serious about not having enough time to finish up that debate, though. He left the site shortly after because of his overly busy schedule (http://www.debate.org...)

He said his computer crashed, not that he didn't have the time. I spoke to him in PMs after the debate. My intuition told me that it was just his pride that was broken. I'm sure that after making me look stupid in the forums so many times, it was too much for him to lose to me. He thought I'd be a walk-over, and honestly, I was starting to think I was, too.

Oh... well, you definitely won that one fair and square, though I still think you're wrong :P

I affirm that resolution

sex is awesome
Zarroette
Posts: 2,951
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 5:31:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 1:59:44 PM, Envisage wrote:
At 5/24/2014 6:58:01 AM, Zarroette wrote:
This debate is the one that I'll cherish for the rest of my life. I had never beaten a 3k+ Elo debater prior to this, and I was beginning to think that I simply wasn't capable of doing it. I had a few somewhat close debates with high Elo debaters, and I lost some of them by a vote or two. Also, I had lost the last 5 debates I had been in (including one on Caploxion).

Anyway, Jordan had always got the better of me in the forums. I'd make an argument, and within a few posts, he'd have me eating my words. I mean, I've had this happen with other users, but he'd always call me out successfully. It's just so frustrating to be proven wrong over and over, especially by the same person. It plays with your mind and makes you feel useless.

So, I was making another argument in the forums, albeit a controversial one that got a lot of attention, and who should show up? Jordan. He tried to make me eat my words again, and I became a bit scared that he'd make me look stupid again. My pride got a hold of my mind, and I called him some names in what was probably frustration and timidity. I got him angry enough that he felt the need to challenge me in a formal debate.

I crushed him. It wasn't even close. He made some b.s. story by the end, explaining how his computer died and he couldn't complete the debate. I don't like to take (too much) pleasure in other people's failures, but it was sensational to get this one over him. All those embarrassing moments I had in the forums and lost debates might not have been made up for, but that really doesn't matter. I managed to win this debate, which I somewhat thought was impossible.

The purest of joys are born in the most wretched of miseries.

http://www.debate.org...

I think your abortion debate with zmike was substantially better than that one...

Maybe better in terms of content quality (despite me completely misunderstanding one of his main arguments in a round). I think that's what you're getting at.
Romanii
Posts: 4,852
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2014 5:31:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/24/2014 5:30:00 PM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/24/2014 5:26:01 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 5/24/2014 5:19:44 PM, Zarroette wrote:
At 5/24/2014 1:50:38 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 5/24/2014 6:58:01 AM, Zarroette wrote:

Otaku was serious about not having enough time to finish up that debate, though. He left the site shortly after because of his overly busy schedule (http://www.debate.org...)

He said his computer crashed, not that he didn't have the time. I spoke to him in PMs after the debate. My intuition told me that it was just his pride that was broken. I'm sure that after making me look stupid in the forums so many times, it was too much for him to lose to me. He thought I'd be a walk-over, and honestly, I was starting to think I was, too.

Oh... well, you definitely won that one fair and square, though I still think you're wrong :P

Be careful with what you say, or else I will take you down, too.

I wouldn't be willing to debate you on it... I don't have any presentable evidence that I'm not hungry for sex...