Star Debate Season 1 E3 p4: A New Empire

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 1:02:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Part 3: http://www.debate.org...

So there were 50 Romulan Warbirds on their way. Great. That didn"t fix the problem about having two Classic Roberts. Mike walked down the halls with Wylted and one of their science officers, Pots, to go see Doctor Otter in sick bay.

As soon as the doors slid open, Mike said, "Otter, I need to know if you think Classic has been cloned."

"I have no idea, why?" Otter asked actually turning away from Classic for once.

"Classic Robert is the first officer on board the Torch," Mike said pointing at the door. "He"s at my level, on the torch, not a doctor like he is here. Are there Starfleet records of this?"

"I haven"t checked his medical history that extensively," Comrade replied. "I can check again."

"Yeah, why don"t you go ahead and do that so we can figure out exactly what"s going on."

"Right away, sir." Comrade walked off to the office to start checking the files. Mike walked out of the room still with Wylted and Pots.

"Cloning has happened in the past," Pots said, "but I remember there being complications with some cloning techniques."

"What if Starfleet is practicing cloning techniques, and Classic was part of one of those tests?" Wylted asked.

"That"s a lot of assumptions with no confirmation."

"It"s the first thing I thought of, so I said it."

They walked into the next turbo lift, and they were off to meet Airmax in the transporter room.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They had a relatively uneventful night. The next day seemed to have come in seconds, as if part of the story of their lives and this battle had just been skipped over out of laziness of the author.

Airmax sat down in his seat with Mike to his right and Wylted to his left. Then Linkish spoke up, "Sir, the Romulans have arrived, and one of the ships is hailing us."

"On screen," Airmax said as he stood up and straightened his shirt.

The face of a Romulan appeared on their screen. He spoke, "Hello, I am Captain Neveill. Who am I speaking to?"

"I"m Captain Airmax of the Starfleet ship USS Enforcer. We"re glad you could make it."
"Are you leader of this fleet?"

"I am one of the leaders who was on the committee that devised a plan of attack. It was unfortunate you were unable to make it, but I will be happy to share all of the information regarding the meeting with you."

"We"ve received the specifications you sent us regarding the Herok Armada. What was decided in the meeting?"

"We decided on the formation our fleet would take. We decided it would be best for you to cloak yourselves a few hundred kilometers away from the fleet because of the way the Herok strategizes."

"I understand. I read the file." Neveill waved off Airmax probably trying to seem superior.

"You"re going to help us fire on the Fleet Eater. We already have a plan for attacking the battleships."

"But once the Fleet Eater is destroyed, we will be attacking the rest of the Armada, correct?"

Airmax just nodded and then said, "At that point, we"ll just have to use our heads to figure out where to be."

"Alright, Captain. I"ll have my ships cloak, and we"ll await the Armada"s arrival."

The communication ended and Mikal said, "That actually went better than I expected."
"Romulans are pretty easy to deal with if you know their culture well enough," Blade said from his station.

Airmax sighed and said, "They"re not the thing I"m worried about right now."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Are the Klingons and Romulans in position?" Airmax asked.

Linkish nodded then said, "Yep, they said they"re ready."

"Sir, the Herok are coming into range," Endark announced. "They"ll be here in twenty seconds."

"Arm phasers and photon torpedoes," Airmax said to Linkish. Then he turned forward and started speaking to everyone, "Though we haven"t been together for long, I have enjoyed our time on this ship. I hope I"ll be able to serve with you all another day, but if we die, understand that each and every one of us has died with honor and has done the right thing in defense of this quadrant."

"The Herok are here," Endark said almost sounding like he lost his breath.

"On screen," Airmax said, and immediately the massive form of the Fleet Eater came on screen. It was actually too big for the screen. Only about five percent of the screen wasn"t taken up by that ship. "Can you minimize the picture?"

The picture zoomed out so that you could see more of it, but it was still a massive ship.

"The Herok are broadcasting to the fleet," Linkish said.

Airmax sighed and just pointed at the screen. He didn"t feel like saying anything. The image of a silver humanoid appeared. The man looked like his skin itself was armored, and he had large pads on his shoulders, that looked like they were his bones.

"We are the Herok," he said in a deep throaty voice. "You will surrender your fleet and your planets. If you don"t, you will be destroyed. None will be left alive. You have one minute to respond."

The transmission cut out. Airmax looked at Linkish and took in a deep breath. He was about to go to war, and he didn"t even know what he was going to do about it. "Shields up," he said.

Then he turned and saw the ship. The front was opening up. The pictures didn"t do this thing justice. He saw a full armory of weapons that could do some damage when put together. "TUF is sending out a message," Linkish announced to Airmax. "He ordered that we engage once we have a lock on their weapons."

"Well, then lock on them," Airmax said calmly.

Linkish sat silently at the controls. Already the screen was lighting up with the colors of phaser fire, photon torpedoes, and Cardassian disrupters. Then Linkish started firing. The blasts were hitting a shielding system that sent ripples of blue around the ship. He squinted at the screen for a second and said, "Endark, can you get a tactical analysis on their shields from your station?"

Endark tapped at the panel for a moment then said, "Their shields are almost," a blast hit the ship that rocked everyone. A spark or two flew into the air.

"Shields at 90%," Linkish announced.

Endark rushed his next words, "Their shields are almost impossible to penetrate. When they take energy from a blast, the shield moves around to use the energy it took and retains its technical stability."

Another blast hit. Then another. Airmax yelled over the sound of hits, "How do we break it?"

"We can try focusing multiple weapons on one spot," Linkish suggested, butting into the conversation.

"Tell the ships closest to us that we"re going to do that," Airmax ordered, and he could barely hear Linkish typing over the sounds of the next hits. The hits came consistently, but it didn"t feel like they were doing enough damage to take down the shields very soon." Then on the screen Airmax saw ten other phaser beams targeting the same area as them. "How"s it doing?"
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 1:03:17 PM
"We"re barely breaking through," Linkish yelled. "Sir, if we keep this up we"re going to be shred to pieces before we can even take down a quarter of their armory."

The necessary course of action was the one thing Airmax didn"t want to do, but it looked like he had no option now. "Can we beam through the field?"

Another hit rocked the ship and sent sparks flying across the bridge. "We can try, but I can"t guarantee we"ll make it through."

"Assemble three men to beam through with us."

"With us?" Linkish asked, properly confused as to Airmax"s meaning most likely.

"Sir, you can"t go on an away mission," Mike said attempting to stand up between shakes.

"This time I will. Don"t question why. I don"t have time to explain. That"s an order."

Each sentence was broken by another hit. He was questioning how the shields were holding or if other Starfleet ships had been destroyed yet.

"I have the officers waiting in the transporter room," Linkish said to Airmax. "I"m attempting a site-to-site transport for us."
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 4:15:56 PM
At 5/25/2014 3:55:57 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Excellent as always.

I feel like death is approaching.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 6:16:14 PM
At 5/25/2014 1:03:17 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Good job!

Great writing!

I'm guessing Mike will die.
Max, Linkish and Endark will escape and probably get held captive.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 6:17:22 PM
At 5/25/2014 6:16:14 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Good job!

Great writing!

Interesting inference.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 6:18:36 PM
At 5/25/2014 6:17:22 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Good job!

Great writing!

Interesting inference.

It's just a guess... I'm not as confident as I was with my guess on Endark's... (which I was right on ^.^)
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 6:44:16 PM
At 5/25/2014 6:18:36 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Good job!

Great writing!

Interesting inference.

It's just a guess... I'm not as confident as I was with my guess on Endark's... (which I was right on ^.^)

Well, I will be posting the next part tomorrow, but I can't guarantee a death in the next part :P this might be a seven parter, so plenty of time for your guess.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 6:45:27 PM
At 5/25/2014 6:44:16 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Good job!

Great writing!

Interesting inference.

Well, I will be posting the next part tomorrow, but I can't guarantee a death in the next part :P this might be a seven parter, so plenty of time for your guess.

If I die, TheOncomingStorm might have something...oncoming.
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 6:46:35 PM
At 5/25/2014 6:45:27 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Good job!

Great writing!

Interesting inference.

I already made your life contingent upon Oncoming's so you have nothing to worry about.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 6:48:25 PM
At 5/25/2014 6:46:35 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Good job!

Great writing!

Interesting inference.

I already made your life contingent upon Oncoming's so you have nothing to worry about.

http://thebloggesswp.files.wordpress.com...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 6:48:26 PM

Good job!

Great writing!

Interesting inference.

*salutes*
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 6:53:00 PM
At 5/25/2014 6:48:25 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Good job!

Great writing!

Interesting inference.

Actually: http://s3.amazonaws.com...
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 6:54:16 PM
At 5/25/2014 6:53:00 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Good job!

Great writing!

Interesting inference.

http://m.quickmeme.com...
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 6:56:18 PM
At 5/25/2014 6:54:16 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

Good job!

Great writing!

Interesting inference.

http://static.comicvine.com...
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 6:59:19 PM
At 5/25/2014 6:56:18 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Good job!

Great writing!

Interesting inference.

http://www.threadbombing.com...
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 7:00:51 PM
At 5/25/2014 6:59:19 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/25/2014 6:56:18 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Good job!

Great writing!

Interesting inference.

http://www.threadbombing.com...

http://media.tumblr.com...
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 7:03:45 PM
At 5/25/2014 6:48:26 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Good job!

Great writing!

Interesting inference.

*salutes*

http://www.troll.me...
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 7:05:32 PM
At 5/25/2014 7:03:45 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Good job!

Great writing!

Interesting inference.

*salutes*

http://3.bp.blogspot.com...
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 7:10:07 PM
At 5/25/2014 7:05:32 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Good job!

Great writing!

Interesting inference.

*salutes*

http://thesirenstale.files.wordpress.com...
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 7:14:54 PM
At 5/25/2014 7:10:07 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Good job!

Great writing!

Interesting inference.

*salutes*

http://media3.giphy.com...
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 7:17:51 PM
At 5/25/2014 7:14:54 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Good job!

Great writing!

Interesting inference.

*salutes*

http://hotdigitalnews.com...
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 7:19:45 PM
At 5/25/2014 7:17:51 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Good job!

Great writing!

Interesting inference.

*salutes*

http://media0.giphy.com...
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 7:24:01 PM
At 5/25/2014 7:19:45 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Good job!

Great writing!

Interesting inference.

*salutes*

http://i1217.photobucket.com...
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 7:26:09 PM
At 5/25/2014 7:24:01 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Good job!

Great writing!

Interesting inference.

*salutes*

Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 7:28:04 PM
At 5/25/2014 7:26:09 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Good job!

Great writing!

Interesting inference.

*salutes*

http://media1.giphy.com...
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 7:30:09 PM
At 5/25/2014 7:28:04 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Good job!

Great writing!

Interesting inference.

*salutes*

Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 7:33:35 PM
At 5/25/2014 7:30:09 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Good job!

Great writing!

Interesting inference.

*salutes*

http://media.giphy.com...
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 7:35:47 PM
At 5/25/2014 7:33:35 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:
At 5/25/2014 7:30:09 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Good job!

Great writing!

Interesting inference.

*salutes*

http://media.giphy.com...

http://media2.giphy.com...
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 7:41:54 PM

Good job!

Great writing!

Interesting inference.

*salutes*

That's the second gif that hasn't played :P
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9