YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 9:06:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Chapter II: http://www.debate.org...

Chapter III: Before the Show

Bsh1 showered and dressed. Even though Late Night with Mikal was the kind of thing where he could have worn jeans and a button down shirt and no one would have judged him, he looked stunning in a brand new Savile Row suit and tie I had made for him. I suggested skipping the tie, but he liked it. I had to admit, he could have stopped traffic.

We got on the elevator and stepped out into the lobby where we were both wished farewell by the manager who this time waved from behind the check in desk and the concierge from across the way. The same attendant that I'd tipped earlier walked over to the back door of the black Mercedes that was waiting for us and opened it. Another $50 in his breast pocket, though I didn't pat his chest like I did last time -though I saw bsh1 steal the slightest glance of the attendant's posterior through the window as he turned and walked sway from the car.

"He's so friendly." I casually observed.

"Attractive, too." Bsh1 concurred.

"I wonder if he's gay." I withdrew my phone from my suit jacket pocket as I felt it vibrating.

"Probably not," bsh1 observed "but if he was, he'd make someone very happy."

Mikal's producer was calling me wondering why we weren't in the studio yet, and I told her that we were running behind but that we'd arrive as quickly as we could. Manhattan traffic wasn't working in our favor, but we had two and a half hours before it went live.

"What do you think he's going to ask me about?" Bsh1 asked.

"If you're running." I joked. "It's been the talk of the beltway for a month now."

"I know that, YYW but I'm only in my second term and while I'm popular enough even I don't know if I'm the best choice. And I'm seen as the establishment's lap dog by more people than I'm not." Bsh1 lamented, justifiably.

"That's the reason you've got the opportunity that you have now." I wistfully stared out the window and watched the people on the sidewalk. "The party has been in turmoil since Bush, and even when it was politically costly to do so you picked the right faction. You kept your nose clean. This is how the party rewards it's favorite sons."

"But I haven't even won the primary yet." Bsh1 protested.

"Democrats fall in love. Republicans fall in line, but they've also fallen in love with you -just as I did all those years ago." I could see that he was nervous, and I laid my hand on his thigh. "You can do this."

We pulled up to the receiving dock at Rock Center and Bsh1 and I stepped out of the car. Immediately, I was rushed up to the producer's office and an intern showed bsh1 to his dressing room where an armada of makeup staff awaited to prep him. With tissues hanging over his collar they primped, while I went over the conversation topics with Mikal's producer -she was a friend but a fierce spirit nonetheless. Surprisingly, everything looked good.

I asked to be shown to Bsh1's dressing room, and I passed Mikal's on the way.

"YYW! Damnit, my friend it's good to see you!!" He stood up and gave me a bear hug, and I couldn't help but do the same.

"You too, Mikal. You too. It's been too long." It had been a while, and we spent about ten minutes catching up -much to the dismay of the other intern who was supposed to be showing me to Bsh1's dressing room. But, Bsh1 heard us from down the hall and stepped out. Mikal introduced himself and they both hit it off fantastically.

"We're live in fifteen." An associate producer seemed to materialize from nothing, before darting away hurriedly.

"That's my cue!" Mikal apologized as he followed the associate producer, and another associate producer, a female one, offered to show Bsh1 and I backstage. There was a large fruit tray, tapas buffet and half liter bottles of Pellegrino on ice. I felt right at home, but bsh1 just got a sparkling water. I could see that, still, he was nervous.

"You're going to be brilliant." I said. "I know it."

"Yeah, but I don't know it." He took his first sip of the bottle as we stood in the holding area.

I kissed him gently and looked directly into his eyes.

"Tonight is yours." I said, as they motioned for him to walk out onto the stage.
Tsar of DDO
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 11:06:47 PM
At 5/25/2014 11:00:15 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
#BYours #wonderful #betterthanKlaine

Now let's not go too far, Endark...
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2014 11:23:56 PM

(:
Tsar of DDO
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2014 2:14:24 AM
They sell half-litre bottles of San Pellegrino? I've always just bought full litres.

I love you.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2014 9:50:57 AM
At 5/26/2014 2:14:24 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
They sell half-litre bottles of San Pellegrino? I've always just bought full litres.

haha, yeah.

I love you.

Thanks, Bossy :)
Tsar of DDO
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2014 11:42:08 AM
I'm suing you for copyright infringement. No doubt, this is sprung from DDO House of Cards.

Nah, I'm only dicking you around. As long as I'm a big character later on, I'll be fine. ;D
#FeeltheFreezerBern
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2014 12:14:06 PM
At 5/25/2014 11:06:47 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:

Now let's not go too far, Endark...

Hmmm. Maybe. I do love Klaine. It's the only reason I still watch that god-awful show.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2014 8:49:42 PM
: #BYours #wonderful #betterthanKlaine
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2014 8:50:43 PM

"Tonight is yours." I said, as they motioned for him to walk out onto the stage.

swoons
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2014 10:02:33 PM
At 5/26/2014 8:50:43 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

swoons

;) I do what I can haha
Tsar of DDO
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2014 8:13:10 AM
"Democrats fall in love. Republicans fall in line, but they've also fallen in love with you -just as I did all those years ago." I could see that he was nervous, and I laid my hand on his thigh. "You can do this."

*swoons again*
[Just realised I forgot to highlight this one]
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2014 8:13:29 AM
At 5/27/2014 1:21:21 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
It must be a cultural difference.

What?
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY