Total Posts:32|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

I'm in need of a VP

FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 4:47:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
So that I can run as an independent in the DDO election.

My platform will focus almost entirely on DDO issues rather than politics.

Any takers?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 5:04:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/12/2010 4:59:37 PM, Volkov wrote:
What would you even do, Freedo?

I would commit myself to giving a louder voice to the ddo users so we can get our way.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 5:05:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/12/2010 5:04:11 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I would commit myself to giving a louder voice to the ddo users so we can get our way.

How?
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 5:08:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/12/2010 5:05:34 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 2/12/2010 5:04:11 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I would commit myself to giving a louder voice to the ddo users so we can get our way.

How?

By any means necessary.

Repeated letters.

Videos.

Petitions.

Etc.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 5:11:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/12/2010 5:08:05 PM, FREEDO wrote:
By any means necessary.

Repeated letters.

Videos.

Petitions.

Etc.

So your plan is to be a one-man activist team?

Why don't you just join back with us? We're doing the exact same thing. Reasoning is also involved and will probably get a cabinet position. Come on, mate - better to work together than work alone.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 5:16:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/12/2010 5:11:47 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 2/12/2010 5:08:05 PM, FREEDO wrote:
By any means necessary.

Repeated letters.

Videos.

Petitions.

Etc.

So your plan is to be a one-man activist team?

Why don't you just join back with us? We're doing the exact same thing. Reasoning is also involved and will probably get a cabinet position. Come on, mate - better to work together than work alone.

Who says I'll be working alone?

I'd have my own team.

Though..if you ensure me a seat with a cool name that's all about activism, I will come back.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 5:28:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/12/2010 5:16:40 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Who says I'll be working alone?

I'd have my own team.

Though..if you ensure me a seat with a cool name that's all about activism, I will come back.

I don't think so. If you wanted to be in cabinet, you gotta prove yourself worthy to be there. :P

But, good luck with your run anyways.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 5:36:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/12/2010 5:28:46 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 2/12/2010 5:16:40 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Who says I'll be working alone?

I'd have my own team.

Though..if you ensure me a seat with a cool name that's all about activism, I will come back.

I don't think so. If you wanted to be in cabinet, you gotta prove yourself worthy to be there. :P

But, good luck with your run anyways.

Worthy? I was born to be a thorn in people's side, in other words, a spokesperson to speak against things. Once I grew upset of the staff for Yahoo Answer, I openly declared a war against the establishment, was banned 24 times, and now my yahoo account has been revoked and I am unpermitted to make a new one. That shows just how much I really had an effect.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 5:39:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/12/2010 5:36:05 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Worthy? I was born to be a thorn in people's side, in other words, a spokesperson to speak against things. Once I grew upset of the staff for Yahoo Answer, I openly declared a war against the establishment, was banned 24 times, and now my yahoo account has been revoked and I am unpermitted to make a new one. That shows just how much I really had an effect.

... In other words, you're someone who gets banned from Yahoo for telling those that run Yahoo what to do.

Alright then.
JBlake
Posts: 4,634
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 5:42:11 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Maybe next time around you will show you are capable of loyalty and won't bolt simply because you did not get nominated at the top of the ticket.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 5:42:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/12/2010 5:39:30 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 2/12/2010 5:36:05 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Worthy? I was born to be a thorn in people's side, in other words, a spokesperson to speak against things. Once I grew upset of the staff for Yahoo Answer, I openly declared a war against the establishment, was banned 24 times, and now my yahoo account has been revoked and I am unpermitted to make a new one. That shows just how much I really had an effect.

... In other words, you're someone who gets banned from Yahoo for telling those that run Yahoo what to do.

Alright then.

No, no. I don't tell them what to do. Mind you, I'm a free-market Anarchist. Rather I point out just how stupid the regulations that Yahoo have actually are. They don't benefit them in any way, they are merely rules for the sake of having them and they create a senseless tension between them and their users.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 5:44:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/12/2010 5:42:11 PM, JBlake wrote:
Maybe next time around you will show you are capable of loyalty and won't bolt simply because you did not get nominated at the top of the ticket.

I openly said I didn't want to be nominated. And sorry but loyalty isn't my thing and I don't think it's something to brag about.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 5:51:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/12/2010 5:42:54 PM, FREEDO wrote:
No, no. I don't tell them what to do. Mind you, I'm a free-market Anarchist. Rather I point out just how stupid the regulations that Yahoo have actually are. They don't benefit them in any way, they are merely rules for the sake of having them and they create a senseless tension between them and their users.

Don't get me wrong, I admire activism of any sort, but it is possible that after being banned 24 times, you should have realized that they were not going to listen, and that you generally had no support. That makes me question the entire scope of your activism, because Yahoo does not seem like a company that would purposely stomp you out because you were proposing something so earth-shatteringly scary to them. Indeed, it seems to me you were more simply a nuisance, instead of a reformer.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2010 5:56:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/12/2010 5:51:13 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 2/12/2010 5:42:54 PM, FREEDO wrote:
No, no. I don't tell them what to do. Mind you, I'm a free-market Anarchist. Rather I point out just how stupid the regulations that Yahoo have actually are. They don't benefit them in any way, they are merely rules for the sake of having them and they create a senseless tension between them and their users.

Don't get me wrong, I admire activism of any sort, but it is possible that after being banned 24 times, you should have realized that they were not going to listen, and that you generally had no support. That makes me question the entire scope of your activism, because Yahoo does not seem like a company that would purposely stomp you out because you were proposing something so earth-shatteringly scary to them. Indeed, it seems to me you were more simply a nuisance, instead of a reformer.

No, my objective wasn't to directly change the minds of the Yahoo Answers staff, it was to gather a following of the users, of which I hugely succeeded. It would have been even better if my darn revolution video would uploaded to youtube.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 9:04:01 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
You still have not answered as to why you see the need to run with a perfectly viable libertarian ticket already in existence.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 10:18:59 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/13/2010 9:04:01 AM, wjmelements wrote:
You still have not answered as to why you see the need to run with a perfectly viable libertarian ticket already in existence.

I still don't understand this mock election. Is it about DDO or real life politics? Freedo said his platform would be based around DDO. Maybe he doesn't like what the "libertarians" have to say about DDO. If this were a DDO Presidential election, I'd vote for someone like PoeJoe. If it were a political election, I'd go with someone pretty moderate -- neither the libertarians or leftists represent my beliefs. They're actually pretty evenly split, except I can probably expect less douchebaggery from the left. An independent, moderate candidate would be the way to go imo: appeasing everyone by making progress and change using the best of various ideals. I'd run but I'm too "controversial" apparently :D
President of DDO
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 10:22:23 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/13/2010 10:18:59 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 2/13/2010 9:04:01 AM, wjmelements wrote:
You still have not answered as to why you see the need to run with a perfectly viable libertarian ticket already in existence.

I still don't understand this mock election. Is it about DDO or real life politics? Freedo said his platform would be based around DDO. Maybe he doesn't like what the "libertarians" have to say about DDO. If this were a DDO Presidential election, I'd vote for someone like PoeJoe. If it were a political election, I'd go with someone pretty moderate -- neither the libertarians or leftists represent my beliefs. They're actually pretty evenly split, except I can probably expect less douchebaggery from the left. An independent, moderate candidate would be the way to go imo: appeasing everyone by making progress and change using the best of various ideals. I'd run but I'm too "controversial" apparently :D

Like I said, it's both.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Vi_Veri
Posts: 4,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 10:29:14 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
So, you're for a free market, but you don't believe that Yahoo answers can run their business the way they want?

Hilarious.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 10:37:38 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/13/2010 10:22:23 AM, PoeJoe wrote:

Like I said, it's both.

Kinda doesn't make sense though.

Realistically, I'd vote for a DDO based President because that's the only thing we can "control" whereas our position in this mock government means diddly squat. If we elected a DDO President (which I think Phil would find hilarious), then said person could contact Phil on behalf of DDO users and perhaps we can actually implement some real change. In that case, having parties based on political affiliation is retarded. Both libertarians and liberals want to make the site better. Aside from funding (which may or may not even be an issue), I'm sure we all want the same things or benefits and perks being added or featured the site, so a left vs. libertarian thing is dumb. That only makes sense as it pertains to politics; in that case what each wants to do for DDO is kind of irrelevant. My point is that if improving DDO is the goal, the party system is stupid. If it's just about a political mock election, DDO features or add-ons is irrelevant to even talk about. Maybe there should be 2 elections - 1 mock one (for politics) and one "real" one for DDO.
President of DDO
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 10:41:46 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/13/2010 10:29:14 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
So, you're for a free market, but you don't believe that Yahoo answers can run their business the way they want?

Hilarious.

As long as he isn't the government, he sees it okay. Although, I thought the government was the people, especially to an Anarchist :P.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 10:43:30 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/13/2010 10:37:38 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 2/13/2010 10:22:23 AM, PoeJoe wrote:

Like I said, it's both.

Kinda doesn't make sense though.

Realistically, I'd vote for a DDO based President because that's the only thing we can "control" whereas our position in this mock government means diddly squat. If we elected a DDO President (which I think Phil would find hilarious), then said person could contact Phil on behalf of DDO users and perhaps we can actually implement some real change. In that case, having parties based on political affiliation is retarded. Both libertarians and liberals want to make the site better. Aside from funding (which may or may not even be an issue), I'm sure we all want the same things or benefits and perks being added or featured the site, so a left vs. libertarian thing is dumb. That only makes sense as it pertains to politics; in that case what each wants to do for DDO is kind of irrelevant. My point is that if improving DDO is the goal, the party system is stupid. If it's just about a political mock election, DDO features or add-ons is irrelevant to even talk about. Maybe there should be 2 elections - 1 mock one (for politics) and one "real" one for DDO.

Also, you're forgetting the central aspect of this all...fun!

We're doing these elections mostly for fun. From this perspective, it can make sense that while we debate each other our political beliefs, we also discuss ways we can improve DDO. In addition, we're playing around with the community's social fabric. These three aspects are, like, the whole point users go on this site in the fist place. So really, these elections are just an extension of what we do all the time anyway!
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 10:43:57 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/13/2010 10:29:14 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
So, you're for a free market, but you don't believe that Yahoo answers can run their business the way they want?

Hilarious.

Libertarians being big hypocrites is old news. Still makes me chuckle though :)
President of DDO
omelet
Posts: 416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 10:45:05 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/13/2010 10:29:14 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
So, you're for a free market, but you don't believe that Yahoo answers can run their business the way they want?

Hilarious.
As an anarchist, he thinks its the people's burden to reform businesses. I'd say he was acting in accord with that belief. No irony, but maybe a bit of thick-headedness, getting banned 24 times before realizing his revolution attempts would be fruitless.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 10:48:16 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/13/2010 10:45:05 AM, omelet wrote:
At 2/13/2010 10:29:14 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
So, you're for a free market, but you don't believe that Yahoo answers can run their business the way they want?

Hilarious.
As an anarchist, he thinks its the people's burden to reform businesses. I'd say he was acting in accord with that belief. No irony, but maybe a bit of thick-headedness, getting banned 24 times before realizing his revolution attempts would be fruitless.

Good point, though I think I recall him talking about property rights a bunch of times...
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 10:52:01 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/13/2010 10:43:30 AM, PoeJoe wrote:

Also, you're forgetting the central aspect of this all...fun!

We're doing these elections mostly for fun. From this perspective, it can make sense that while we debate each other our political beliefs, we also discuss ways we can improve DDO. In addition, we're playing around with the community's social fabric. These three aspects are, like, the whole point users go on this site in the fist place. So really, these elections are just an extension of what we do all the time anyway!

PoeJoe it might be fun, but it's still non-sensical lol. The liberals go at it with the libertarians in the forums every day, so trying to prove your ideology as politically superior is no different than what happens here on a daily basis. That said, a mock election can still be FUN and I get that :) It still has nothing to do with DDO though. If you want a real "DDO President" to fight for change or a users voice on DDO, that's different.
President of DDO
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 10:53:59 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
no such thing as rights according to him- survival of the fittest!
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...