Total Posts:38|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

20 Potential Troll Debate Topics

YYW
Posts: 36,382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 12:00:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
1. All straight men should try it with a dude at least once, just to be sure.

2. Bronies have too much time on their hands.

3. Women who call themselves feminists but insist on men being chivalrous make terrible wives.

4. Same sex relationships are the only kind that can ever be truly egalitarian.

5. There is circumstantial evidence which casually suggests that Vladimir Putin is gay.

6. Nutella is so 2013.

7. People should use drugs.

8. Smoking is cool.

9. Libertarians are the hipsters of the Republican party.

10. Hipsters are the hipsters of the Democratic party.

11. Rand Paul bears some resemblance to a chia pet.

12. A Chia Pet would make a better senator than Rand Paul.

13. If Chia Pets hat feelings, they would be offended for being compared to Rand Paul.

14. If Rand Paul had feelings, he would be offended for being compared to a Chia Pet.

15. Drone strikes are the ultimate first person shooter video game.

16. It is possible that as a condition of his staying in Russia, Edward Snowden is being forced to be Vladimir Putin's S&M slave.

17. Most teenage literature since Harry Potter has sucked.

18. The Hunger Games insult dystopian fiction.

19. Thailand's military's sexual repression is the reason for their coup.

20. Justin Beiber's facial hair looks like a dead, decaying ferret.

21. Justin Bieber's tattoos are, like him, in magnificently poor taste.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 12:09:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
22. People who drive below the speed limit should be flensed.

23. Street lamps are fighting the power: they turn on when it's dark, but off when it's light.

24. People who get a kick over being controversial just to be controversial should be forced to take mandatory social etiquette classes.

25. The government should offer people with IQ's of less than 110 money in exchange for sterilization.

26. The United States should restrict families from having more than three kids until all children in need of being adopted are adopted.

27. Tea Bagging Republicans should not be allowed to home school their children.

28. Parents should be required to undergo a "how to" seminar on parenting before they can legally reproduce.

29. None more than the ignorant are convinced of their competence.

30. Taking the moral high ground is overrated.
Tsar of DDO
Geogeer
Posts: 4,285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 12:12:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 12:00:21 AM, YYW wrote:

21. Justin Bieber's tattoos are, like him, in magnificently poor taste.

Resolution fail there are more than 20 debate topics. ;-)

I would so vote pro on 21 though!
YYW
Posts: 36,382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 12:15:07 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 12:12:20 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:00:21 AM, YYW wrote:

21. Justin Bieber's tattoos are, like him, in magnificently poor taste.

Resolution fail there are more than 20 debate topics. ;-)

False. I was serious about one of them.

I would so vote pro on 21 though!
Tsar of DDO
Geogeer
Posts: 4,285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 12:15:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 12:15:07 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:12:20 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:00:21 AM, YYW wrote:

21. Justin Bieber's tattoos are, like him, in magnificently poor taste.

Resolution fail there are more than 20 debate topics. ;-)

False. I was serious about one of them.

I would so vote pro on 21 though!

lol
YYW
Posts: 36,382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 12:16:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 12:15:42 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:15:07 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:12:20 AM, Geogeer wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:00:21 AM, YYW wrote:

21. Justin Bieber's tattoos are, like him, in magnificently poor taste.

Resolution fail there are more than 20 debate topics. ;-)

False. I was serious about one of them.

I would so vote pro on 21 though!

lol

The question is... which one?
Tsar of DDO
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 12:21:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
What do you have against bronies (you haven't even seen the DP2 opening story)?!
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
YYW
Posts: 36,382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 12:24:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
31. Ukraine should bribe Moscow with chocolate to back the fvck off.

32. The UKIP party's existence is an argument against democracy.

33. It is more probable than not that people who think the KCA proves that God exists need to reevaluate their life choices.

34. Eating ketchup on eggs is blasphemy.

35. FOX News' only real value is comedic in nature.

36. The new health care law is just another entitlement that Republicans are going to bitch about for 20 years and then wonder how they ever lived without it.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 12:26:43 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 12:21:03 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
What do you have against bronies (you haven't even seen the DP2 opening story)?!

lol... these are just potential debate topics. I don't have strong opinions on many of these issues.
Tsar of DDO
Romanii
Posts: 4,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 12:27:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 12:00:21 AM, YYW wrote:

3. Women who call themselves feminists but insist on men being chivalrous make terrible wives.

7. People should use drugs.

8. Smoking is cool.

15. Drone strikes are the ultimate first person shooter video game.


I would be very interested in seeing any of these go through.
Also, what do you think of "Breathing should be Illegal" ?
Romanii
Posts: 4,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 12:29:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 12:09:48 AM, YYW wrote:
22. People who drive below the speed limit should be flensed.

25. The government should offer people with IQ's of less than 110 money in exchange for sterilization.

28. Parents should be required to undergo a "how to" seminar on parenting before they can legally reproduce.

30. Taking the moral high ground is overrated.

XD
YYW
Posts: 36,382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 12:29:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
37. 5 Seconds of Summer is a (brilliant) parody of One Direction.

38. One Direction is a (brilliant) parody of the Backstreet Boys.

39. The Backstreet Boys are a joke.

40. 90s pop would not have existed without 70s Disco.

41. The people who killed Disco were probably repressed homosexuals.

42. We need another Studio 54.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 12:30:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 12:27:39 AM, Romanii wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:00:21 AM, YYW wrote:

3. Women who call themselves feminists but insist on men being chivalrous make terrible wives.

7. People should use drugs.

8. Smoking is cool.

15. Drone strikes are the ultimate first person shooter video game.


I would be very interested in seeing any of these go through.
Also, what do you think of "Breathing should be Illegal" ?

Nahhhh... but the morality of breathing could make for an interesting debate.

Resolved: Breathing is immoral.
Tsar of DDO
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 12:33:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Number one sounds fun, but I think it would be more of a discussion than a debate for me lol
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
YYW
Posts: 36,382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 12:35:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
45. There is nothing better to wake up to than oral sex.

46. On balance, smoking pot is something that everyone should try at least once. But only if it's good pot. Not that sh!t from Mexico... but the good stuff from Canada. California works too.

47. Carlos Mencia should never make comedy again.

48. Fluffy is pretty much the funniest guy ever.

49. Buying pets is immoral, when there are hundreds of thousands of pets that need to be adopted. (Actually, I'm serious about that one.)

50. Baby Boomers are pretty much the worst generation ever.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 12:37:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 12:33:49 AM, TUF wrote:
Number one sounds fun, but I think it would be more of a discussion than a debate for me lol

lol... even though it's a troll topic, it's still something I'd recommend. I mean, you never know unless you try! But, hey, you could also apply that logic to sticking a screw driver into a light socket... rofl
Tsar of DDO
BasicLogic
Posts: 170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 1:24:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 12:30:31 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:27:39 AM, Romanii wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:00:21 AM, YYW wrote:

3. Women who call themselves feminists but insist on men being chivalrous make terrible wives.

7. People should use drugs.

8. Smoking is cool.

15. Drone strikes are the ultimate first person shooter video game.


I would be very interested in seeing any of these go through.
Also, what do you think of "Breathing should be Illegal" ?

Nahhhh... but the morality of breathing could make for an interesting debate.

Resolved: Breathing is immoral.

Mind if I make that debate?
YYW
Posts: 36,382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 1:27:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 1:24:45 AM, BasicLogic wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:30:31 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:27:39 AM, Romanii wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:00:21 AM, YYW wrote:

3. Women who call themselves feminists but insist on men being chivalrous make terrible wives.

7. People should use drugs.

8. Smoking is cool.

15. Drone strikes are the ultimate first person shooter video game.


I would be very interested in seeing any of these go through.
Also, what do you think of "Breathing should be Illegal" ?

Nahhhh... but the morality of breathing could make for an interesting debate.

Resolved: Breathing is immoral.

Mind if I make that debate?

lol, debate it with Romanii.

But I'll just go ahead and say that I'm biased. Breathing produces C02, a greenhouse gas, which is contributing to global climate change. Because contributing to global climate change is immoral, breathing -as an activity which does exactly that- is immoral.
Tsar of DDO
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 1:51:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 12:37:09 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:33:49 AM, TUF wrote:
Number one sounds fun, but I think it would be more of a discussion than a debate for me lol

lol... even though it's a troll topic, it's still something I'd recommend. I mean, you never know unless you try! But, hey, you could also apply that logic to sticking a screw driver into a light socket... rofl

lol very true. My gay friend keeps trying to convince me the same thing, but I just can't imagine the physical part working for me haha.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
YYW
Posts: 36,382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 1:54:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 1:51:34 AM, TUF wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:37:09 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:33:49 AM, TUF wrote:
Number one sounds fun, but I think it would be more of a discussion than a debate for me lol

lol... even though it's a troll topic, it's still something I'd recommend. I mean, you never know unless you try! But, hey, you could also apply that logic to sticking a screw driver into a light socket... rofl

lol very true. My gay friend keeps trying to convince me the same thing, but I just can't imagine the physical part working for me haha.

haha, fair enough. Though should you ever be curious... I wonder if he'd be happy to satisfy your curiosity...
Tsar of DDO
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 2:04:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 1:54:08 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 1:51:34 AM, TUF wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:37:09 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:33:49 AM, TUF wrote:
Number one sounds fun, but I think it would be more of a discussion than a debate for me lol

lol... even though it's a troll topic, it's still something I'd recommend. I mean, you never know unless you try! But, hey, you could also apply that logic to sticking a screw driver into a light socket... rofl

lol very true. My gay friend keeps trying to convince me the same thing, but I just can't imagine the physical part working for me haha.

haha, fair enough. Though should you ever be curious... I wonder if he'd be happy to satisfy your curiosity...

He currently is taken by another charming young man, but I am not sure if he would anyway. We have been friends since we were like 8, so it might be weird. And if I ever were to develop such feelings for a man, I am not sure how I would be able to overcome the "man" aspect IE hair, B.O., etc. But ultimately, you are right. You never know until you try.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 2:06:05 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 1:54:08 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 1:51:34 AM, TUF wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:37:09 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:33:49 AM, TUF wrote:
Number one sounds fun, but I think it would be more of a discussion than a debate for me lol

lol... even though it's a troll topic, it's still something I'd recommend. I mean, you never know unless you try! But, hey, you could also apply that logic to sticking a screw driver into a light socket... rofl

lol very true. My gay friend keeps trying to convince me the same thing, but I just can't imagine the physical part working for me haha.

haha, fair enough. Though should you ever be curious... I wonder if he'd be happy to satisfy your curiosity...

I think my only argument against the topic would be that if you tried before you knew you were sure, you could really end up hurting someone if you ended up finding out that you for sure you weren't and the other person was already really attached to you.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
YYW
Posts: 36,382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 2:15:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 2:06:05 AM, TUF wrote:
At 5/28/2014 1:54:08 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 1:51:34 AM, TUF wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:37:09 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:33:49 AM, TUF wrote:
Number one sounds fun, but I think it would be more of a discussion than a debate for me lol

lol... even though it's a troll topic, it's still something I'd recommend. I mean, you never know unless you try! But, hey, you could also apply that logic to sticking a screw driver into a light socket... rofl

lol very true. My gay friend keeps trying to convince me the same thing, but I just can't imagine the physical part working for me haha.

haha, fair enough. Though should you ever be curious... I wonder if he'd be happy to satisfy your curiosity...

I think my only argument against the topic would be that if you tried before you knew you were sure, you could really end up hurting someone if you ended up finding out that for sure you weren't and the other person was already really attached to you.

Yeah... I've kind of been in that situation before... but with a girl. lol It's a risky enterprise, for sure.
Tsar of DDO
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 2:19:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 2:15:47 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:06:05 AM, TUF wrote:
At 5/28/2014 1:54:08 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 1:51:34 AM, TUF wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:37:09 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:33:49 AM, TUF wrote:
Number one sounds fun, but I think it would be more of a discussion than a debate for me lol

lol... even though it's a troll topic, it's still something I'd recommend. I mean, you never know unless you try! But, hey, you could also apply that logic to sticking a screw driver into a light socket... rofl

lol very true. My gay friend keeps trying to convince me the same thing, but I just can't imagine the physical part working for me haha.

haha, fair enough. Though should you ever be curious... I wonder if he'd be happy to satisfy your curiosity...

I think my only argument against the topic would be that if you tried before you knew you were sure, you could really end up hurting someone if you ended up finding out that for sure you weren't and the other person was already really attached to you.

Yeah... I've kind of been in that situation before... but with a girl. lol It's a risky enterprise, for sure.

As in you hurt her, or she hurt you because she was unsure? (If you don't mind me probing your personal life).
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
YYW
Posts: 36,382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 2:33:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 2:19:04 AM, TUF wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:15:47 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:06:05 AM, TUF wrote:
At 5/28/2014 1:54:08 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 1:51:34 AM, TUF wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:37:09 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:33:49 AM, TUF wrote:
Number one sounds fun, but I think it would be more of a discussion than a debate for me lol

lol... even though it's a troll topic, it's still something I'd recommend. I mean, you never know unless you try! But, hey, you could also apply that logic to sticking a screw driver into a light socket... rofl

lol very true. My gay friend keeps trying to convince me the same thing, but I just can't imagine the physical part working for me haha.

haha, fair enough. Though should you ever be curious... I wonder if he'd be happy to satisfy your curiosity...

I think my only argument against the topic would be that if you tried before you knew you were sure, you could really end up hurting someone if you ended up finding out that for sure you weren't and the other person was already really attached to you.

Yeah... I've kind of been in that situation before... but with a girl. lol It's a risky enterprise, for sure.

As in you hurt her, or she hurt you because she was unsure? (If you don't mind me probing your personal life).

She felt like I was leading her on, but the only reason I even bothered was because one of her friends went out of their way to let me know just how interested she was. I thought I might be bi when I was in high school, but really, I was just a horny teenager... who couldn't get it up with a girl. But, the girl (I'll omit her name) didn't know at the time that I was gay, and she thought that it was something about her. When I said "It's not you, it's me." she didn't believe it... and yeah. We made up when we were both in college, but it was just weird. It turns out that her previous boyfriend -before me- was also gay. That didn't help.
Tsar of DDO
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 2:38:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 2:33:14 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:19:04 AM, TUF wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:15:47 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:06:05 AM, TUF wrote:
At 5/28/2014 1:54:08 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 1:51:34 AM, TUF wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:37:09 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:33:49 AM, TUF wrote:
Number one sounds fun, but I think it would be more of a discussion than a debate for me lol

lol... even though it's a troll topic, it's still something I'd recommend. I mean, you never know unless you try! But, hey, you could also apply that logic to sticking a screw driver into a light socket... rofl

lol very true. My gay friend keeps trying to convince me the same thing, but I just can't imagine the physical part working for me haha.

haha, fair enough. Though should you ever be curious... I wonder if he'd be happy to satisfy your curiosity...

I think my only argument against the topic would be that if you tried before you knew you were sure, you could really end up hurting someone if you ended up finding out that for sure you weren't and the other person was already really attached to you.

Yeah... I've kind of been in that situation before... but with a girl. lol It's a risky enterprise, for sure.

As in you hurt her, or she hurt you because she was unsure? (If you don't mind me probing your personal life).

She felt like I was leading her on, but the only reason I even bothered was because one of her friends went out of their way to let me know just how interested she was. I thought I might be bi when I was in high school, but really, I was just a horny teenager... who couldn't get it up with a girl. But, the girl (I'll omit her name) didn't know at the time that I was gay, and she thought that it was something about her. When I said "It's not you, it's me." she didn't believe it... and yeah. We made up when we were both in college, but it was just weird. It turns out that her previous boyfriend -before me- was also gay. That didn't help.

Ouch @ the bolded. I mean it was good for you because it was a step that helped you know. It's one of those situations though where it's just a bad circumstance. I hope she is okay though now
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
YYW
Posts: 36,382
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 2:44:15 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 2:38:14 AM, TUF wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:33:14 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:19:04 AM, TUF wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:15:47 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:06:05 AM, TUF wrote:
At 5/28/2014 1:54:08 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 1:51:34 AM, TUF wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:37:09 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:33:49 AM, TUF wrote:
Number one sounds fun, but I think it would be more of a discussion than a debate for me lol

lol... even though it's a troll topic, it's still something I'd recommend. I mean, you never know unless you try! But, hey, you could also apply that logic to sticking a screw driver into a light socket... rofl

lol very true. My gay friend keeps trying to convince me the same thing, but I just can't imagine the physical part working for me haha.

haha, fair enough. Though should you ever be curious... I wonder if he'd be happy to satisfy your curiosity...

I think my only argument against the topic would be that if you tried before you knew you were sure, you could really end up hurting someone if you ended up finding out that for sure you weren't and the other person was already really attached to you.

Yeah... I've kind of been in that situation before... but with a girl. lol It's a risky enterprise, for sure.

As in you hurt her, or she hurt you because she was unsure? (If you don't mind me probing your personal life).

She felt like I was leading her on, but the only reason I even bothered was because one of her friends went out of their way to let me know just how interested she was. I thought I might be bi when I was in high school, but really, I was just a horny teenager... who couldn't get it up with a girl. But, the girl (I'll omit her name) didn't know at the time that I was gay, and she thought that it was something about her. When I said "It's not you, it's me." she didn't believe it... and yeah. We made up when we were both in college, but it was just weird. It turns out that her previous boyfriend -before me- was also gay. That didn't help.

Ouch @ the bolded. I mean it was good for you because it was a step that helped you know. It's one of those situations though where it's just a bad circumstance. I hope she is okay though now

Oh yeah, lol... she's good. She's in grad school now working on a Ph.D. She's good, though kind of (understandably) resentful. Her previous boyfriend was cute, though... but he was "very" gay. He sort of tried to hide it in high school, but he was tiny and twinkish in all possible ways... one of those guys that got genetically screwed out of masculinity (although, really, those are the guys I tend to go for -so, to me, they're everything I want -but I digress). In retrospect, I think that's why she probably was interested in me to begin with -because I was the exact opposite of what her previous boyfriend was, even though we both played for the same team.

I think that she just felt embarrassed, more than anything else, which I can understand. We were at a party one night, both of us were incredibly wasted -though her more so than I- and we worked it out, even playing on the same beer pong team after all was said and done. So, there's a happy ending... although I think she's still single.
Tsar of DDO
TUF
Posts: 21,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 4:26:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 2:44:15 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:38:14 AM, TUF wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:33:14 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:19:04 AM, TUF wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:15:47 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:06:05 AM, TUF wrote:
At 5/28/2014 1:54:08 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 1:51:34 AM, TUF wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:37:09 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 12:33:49 AM, TUF wrote:
Number one sounds fun, but I think it would be more of a discussion than a debate for me lol

lol... even though it's a troll topic, it's still something I'd recommend. I mean, you never know unless you try! But, hey, you could also apply that logic to sticking a screw driver into a light socket... rofl

lol very true. My gay friend keeps trying to convince me the same thing, but I just can't imagine the physical part working for me haha.

haha, fair enough. Though should you ever be curious... I wonder if he'd be happy to satisfy your curiosity...

I think my only argument against the topic would be that if you tried before you knew you were sure, you could really end up hurting someone if you ended up finding out that for sure you weren't and the other person was already really attached to you.

Yeah... I've kind of been in that situation before... but with a girl. lol It's a risky enterprise, for sure.

As in you hurt her, or she hurt you because she was unsure? (If you don't mind me probing your personal life).

She felt like I was leading her on, but the only reason I even bothered was because one of her friends went out of their way to let me know just how interested she was. I thought I might be bi when I was in high school, but really, I was just a horny teenager... who couldn't get it up with a girl. But, the girl (I'll omit her name) didn't know at the time that I was gay, and she thought that it was something about her. When I said "It's not you, it's me." she didn't believe it... and yeah. We made up when we were both in college, but it was just weird. It turns out that her previous boyfriend -before me- was also gay. That didn't help.

Ouch @ the bolded. I mean it was good for you because it was a step that helped you know. It's one of those situations though where it's just a bad circumstance. I hope she is okay though now

Oh yeah, lol... she's good. She's in grad school now working on a Ph.D. She's good, though kind of (understandably) resentful. Her previous boyfriend was cute, though... but he was "very" gay. He sort of tried to hide it in high school, but he was tiny and twinkish in all possible ways... one of those guys that got genetically screwed out of masculinity (although, really, those are the guys I tend to go for -so, to me, they're everything I want -but I digress). In retrospect, I think that's why she probably was interested in me to begin with -because I was the exact opposite of what her previous boyfriend was, even though we both played for the same team.

Externally, it almost seemed like she is attracted to that certain personality type. Maybe she was looking for more of a "best friend" type of role in a relationship. Though, if what you say is true about you and her previous boy friend being polar opposites, than it could be completely just an odd circumstance.

I think that she just felt embarrassed, more than anything else, which I can understand. We were at a party one night, both of us were incredibly wasted -though her more so than I- and we worked it out, even playing on the same beer pong team after all was said and done. So, there's a happy ending... although I think she's still single.

you've scarred her for life! ;-) JK

That's good you worked it out though. That's another thing I haven't done yet; beer pong. I just had someone invite me, so I will have to try it out.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
9spaceking
Posts: 4,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 5:10:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 12:00:21 AM, YYW wrote:
1. All straight men should try it with a dude at least once, just to be sure.
lol funny

2. Bronies have too much time on their hands.
not me...but again its troll

3. Women who call themselves feminists but insist on men being chivalrous make terrible wives.
haha touche

4. Same sex relationships are the only kind that can ever be truly egalitarian.
I can see where that came from

5. There is circumstantial evidence which casually suggests that Vladimir Putin is gay.
not sure about this one

6. Nutella is so 2013.
could not the opponent argue that nutella is so 2012?

7. People should use drugs.
Hmmm....possible, possible

8. Smoking is cool.
It's cool, indeed. I can even prove torture cool!

9. Libertarians are the hipsters of the Republican party.
cant be too sure what libaertarians are

10. Hipsters are the hipsters of the Democratic party.
lol...wut?

11. Rand Paul bears some resemblance to a chia pet.
funny

12. A Chia Pet would make a better senator than Rand Paul.
Oh wow even better than 11

13. If Chia Pets hat feelings, they would be offended for being compared to Rand Paul.
haha

14. If Rand Paul had feelings, he would be offended for being compared to a Chia Pet.
of course

15. Drone strikes are the ultimate first person shooter video game.
cool....but someone could just argue I Wanna Be the Guy is the REAL ultimate 1st person shooter video game. Provides a whole new challenge.

16. It is possible that as a condition of his staying in Russia, Edward Snowden is being forced to be Vladimir Putin's S&M slave.
lol, possible

17. Most teenage literature since Harry Potter has sucked.
Harry Potter was written in 1997-2007... and while you could still argue for the Percy Jackson series, the Kane chronicles, and possibly the Robert Langdon series, yeah, the con position is very difficult to take (unless he decides to say "ALL teenage lit. since HP has sucked)

18. The Hunger Games insult dystopian fiction.
The Divergent Series insult it more..

19. Thailand's military's sexual repression is the reason for their coup.
lol?

20. Justin Beiber's facial hair looks like a dead, decaying ferret.
maybe?

21. Justin Bieber's tattoos are, like him, in magnificently poor taste.
Touche.
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,373
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 5:15:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 12:00:21 AM, YYW wrote:
1. All straight men should try it with a dude at least once, just to be sure.
Pro/Con! XD

3. Women who call themselves feminists but insist on men being chivalrous make terrible wives.
Pro (coming from an Egalitarian XD)

4. Same sex relationships are the only kind that can ever be truly egalitarian.
wtf
Con

7. People should use drugs.
Pro/Con

8. Smoking is cool.
Change it to hot and I'll troll it XD
Pro [if hot]

17. Most teenage literature since Harry Potter has sucked.
*grabs shotgun*
CON

18. The Hunger Games insult dystopian fiction.
meh... I don't like this one too much...
Pro/Con

19. Thailand's military's sexual repression is the reason for their coup.
FIRST THOUGHT: Dennybug, Defro and Kc1999
Pro

21. Justin Bieber's tattoos are, like him, in magnificently poor taste.
Pro
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.