Total Posts:50|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Celestial Egg Series Stopped

NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 1:38:39 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I originally did that series to show one example of what a good series would be like, and I think I've achieved my objective, so there is no reason to continue publishing after Five long episodes.

I thank everyone who gave me positive feedback in a truthful manner. Not the "you're amazing" from another sutom-machine, but the "you're good for X,Y and Z, and bad for A,B and C" from a complete stranger, apathetic member or even a truthful friend. It's the latter which made the whole experience meaningful and positive to me, but I do understand why some authors would be frightened of truthful and detailed critiques, and it's for those same reasons why I'm vehemently against in-friend lip-service whether in debates or in forum discussions.
YYW
Posts: 36,335
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 1:49:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 1:38:39 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
I originally did that series to show one example of what a good series would be like, and I think I've achieved my objective, so there is no reason to continue publishing after Five long episodes.

I thank everyone who gave me positive feedback in a truthful manner. Not the "you're amazing" from another sutom-machine, but the "you're good for X,Y and Z, and bad for A,B and C" from a complete stranger, apathetic member or even a truthful friend. It's the latter which made the whole experience meaningful and positive to me, but I do understand why some authors would be frightened of truthful and detailed critiques, and it's for those same reasons why I'm vehemently against in-friend lip-service whether in debates or in forum discussions.

I really don't care if you keep writing or not. I don't like your stuff, but that's only my opinion. The reason you never got feedback from me is that I never had anything positive to say. I also only read the first part of the first one of these that you did, and it was boring, plotless and I felt like I wasted my time even reading what little I did. If you tried to not copy the writing style of other authors (namely Kafka), you might have had a better reception.

On another note, realize that talking down about other people because they praised something that someone else did is cheap and classless. Not everyone likes the same thing, and while you may have one idea about what you think a story "ought" to be, the reader is the ultimate decider. So, you can either write for the reader or you can try to mimic the style of something that you think is better and more worthwhile than it is.
Tsar of DDO
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 2:04:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 1:49:23 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 1:38:39 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
I originally did that series to show one example of what a good series would be like, and I think I've achieved my objective, so there is no reason to continue publishing after Five long episodes.

I thank everyone who gave me positive feedback in a truthful manner. Not the "you're amazing" from another sutom-machine, but the "you're good for X,Y and Z, and bad for A,B and C" from a complete stranger, apathetic member or even a truthful friend. It's the latter which made the whole experience meaningful and positive to me, but I do understand why some authors would be frightened of truthful and detailed critiques, and it's for those same reasons why I'm vehemently against in-friend lip-service whether in debates or in forum discussions.

I really don't care if you keep writing or not. I don't like your stuff, but that's only my opinion. The reason you never got feedback from me is that I never had anything positive to say. I also only read the first part of the first one of these that you did, and it was boring, plotless and I felt like I wasted my time even reading what little I did. If you tried to not copy the writing style of other authors (namely Kafka), you might have had a better reception.

On another note, realize that talking down about other people because they praised something that someone else did is cheap and classless. Not everyone likes the same thing, and while you may have one idea about what you think a story "ought" to be, the reader is the ultimate decider. So, you can either write for the reader or you can try to mimic the style of something that you think is better and more worthwhile than it is.

I wouldn't want any feedback from you to begin with, as I don't think you're an important person on this website or someone whose opinion I would consider for even a few milliseconds, as opposed to people like Stephen_Hawkins, Rross and others who really matter on this website.

I gave my personal opinion on people who left feedback on my writings. I clearly said that I disliked positive feedback that wasn't explanatory because I felt it was insincere, I'm not sure how that relates to you, but anyway, it seems that you have this insecurity within you that came out, exposing your true colors in a thread you shouldn't have even commented on, my darling.

You've read one comment by BladeTruth comparing my writings to Kafka in a positive manner, and you assumed that my writing imitates Kafka, although you admit you haven't read it, really, just basing your argument on your ignorance and prejudice, which is really disappointing for someone who constantly feels inferior and wants to become a prominent member on DDO.

It's also funny and rather amusing that you believe the series was "plotless." It surely had a plot which many people followed, which I'm not even interested in explaining as people can simply read my series and deduce all that from the first two episodes or so.

Anyhow, as AnDoc once said. "Well misread bro."
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 2:11:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Anyway, sorry for YYW derailing this thread, but the best method to deal with cyberbullies is to report them. This is only meant as a thank-you thread to people who gave me quality-feedback.
YYW
Posts: 36,335
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 2:14:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 2:04:11 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/28/2014 1:49:23 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 1:38:39 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
I originally did that series to show one example of what a good series would be like, and I think I've achieved my objective, so there is no reason to continue publishing after Five long episodes.

I thank everyone who gave me positive feedback in a truthful manner. Not the "you're amazing" from another sutom-machine, but the "you're good for X,Y and Z, and bad for A,B and C" from a complete stranger, apathetic member or even a truthful friend. It's the latter which made the whole experience meaningful and positive to me, but I do understand why some authors would be frightened of truthful and detailed critiques, and it's for those same reasons why I'm vehemently against in-friend lip-service whether in debates or in forum discussions.

I really don't care if you keep writing or not. I don't like your stuff, but that's only my opinion. The reason you never got feedback from me is that I never had anything positive to say. I also only read the first part of the first one of these that you did, and it was boring, plotless and I felt like I wasted my time even reading what little I did. If you tried to not copy the writing style of other authors (namely Kafka), you might have had a better reception.

On another note, realize that talking down about other people because they praised something that someone else did is cheap and classless. Not everyone likes the same thing, and while you may have one idea about what you think a story "ought" to be, the reader is the ultimate decider. So, you can either write for the reader or you can try to mimic the style of something that you think is better and more worthwhile than it is.

I wouldn't want any feedback from you to begin with, as I don't think you're an important person on this website or someone whose opinion I would consider for even a few milliseconds, as opposed to people like Stephen_Hawkins, Rross and others who really matter on this website.

Ouch.

I gave my personal opinion on people who left feedback on my writings. I clearly said that I disliked positive feedback that wasn't explanatory because I felt it was insincere, I'm not sure how that relates to you, but anyway, it seems that you have this insecurity within you that came out, exposing your true colors in a thread you shouldn't have even commented on, my darling.

Because someone says something positive doesn't mean that it's insincere, and I'm not really sure why you think that it necessarily would be. I'm not sure how this relates to me either -or how you deduce that my commenting on this thread means that I'm "insecure"- but I'm responding to what you wrote mainly because of the passive aggressive comments you left on what I'm writing. In any case, it's disappointing that you continue to act like this. But w/e. It's not my problem.

You've read one comment by BladeTruth comparing my writings to Kafka in a positive manner, and you assumed that my writing imitates Kafka, although you admit you haven't read it, really, just basing your argument on your ignorance and prejudice, which is really disappointing for someone who constantly feels inferior and wants to become a prominent member on DDO.

I've read Kafka, and I can see what you're trying to do. I haven't read Blade_Of_Truth's post, and I don't generally follow what he does. But, the style you're trying to mimic is pretty clear. There are some styles you could have mimicked that would have probably had a wider appeal, but Kafka's not one of them.

It's also funny and rather amusing that you believe the series was "plotless." It surely had a plot which many people followed, which I'm not even interested in explaining as people can simply read my series and deduce all that from the first two episodes or so.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, or even why you're trying to say it. I also think that the majority of people who read what you wrote didn't comment on it, or left it to be because it bored them.

Anyhow, as AnDoc once said. "Well misread bro."

Yeah, sure. It's not that I "misread" so much as I read, and it left a bad taste.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,335
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 2:16:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 2:11:35 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Anyway, sorry for YYW derailing this thread, but the best method to deal with cyberbullies is to report them. This is only meant as a thank-you thread to people who gave me quality-feedback.

Yeah, I didn't derail the thread. I commented on a post you made... but w/e.
Tsar of DDO
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 2:19:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 2:14:02 AM, YYW wrote:

I don't want a flame war. Here is a simple walk-through if you're really serious about the nonsense you just said earlier.

1- I haven't read Kafka, really, just an excerpt of The Trial in school, and there is no particular style I'm mimicking. That style just comes to me naturally. I write Lebanese poetry in the same style too, and so that could be why my style in English is very descriptive and poetic.

2- I'm against positive feedback with no explanations. That's just me. I'm very skeptical so I always assume the author is being satirical or insincere, and so I prefer to have valid reasons why something I wrote or said was particularly good, otherwise I'm most likely assuming I didn't really deserve the praise I got. Call it a cultural difference.
YYW
Posts: 36,335
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 2:29:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 2:19:10 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:14:02 AM, YYW wrote:

I don't want a flame war. Here is a simple walk-through if you're really serious about the nonsense you just said earlier.

You really shouldn't be so defensive. I'm just having a conversation with you, as I was above and I am now.

1- I haven't read Kafka, really, just an excerpt of The Trial in school, and there is no particular style I'm mimicking. That style just comes to me naturally. I write Lebanese poetry in the same style too, and so that could be why my style in English is very descriptive and poetic.

Your English isn't the issue. Your issue is writing something that people can connect to. If you want to write something that people are going to like, you've got to write something that people want to read -and not even people, generally, but the people here. Cast DDO characters, as they are and relate to one another, in scenes outside of DDO, in situations of various kinds. Thett wrote about Pirates. Daytona's writing House of Cards, DDO edition. Imabench wrote like ten of these based on other TV shows. Mine isn't based on a series, per se, but it's based heavily on this site and people's personalities.

2- I'm against positive feedback with no explanations. That's just me. I'm very skeptical so I always assume the author is being satirical or insincere, and so I prefer to have valid reasons why something I wrote or said was particularly good, otherwise I'm most likely assuming I didn't really deserve the praise I got. Call it a cultural difference.

That there isn't substantiation for a compliment doesn't make the compliment bullsh!t, because, after all, what's the incentive to blow smoke up my @ss? What could they possibly gain by being insincere? Any compliment is self justifying.

I can tell you that when you put a lot of work into something, and it's not widely appreciated, that can be frustrating. But when you're writing, you've got to think less about what you think a series "ought" to be and more about what your audience wants, if writing something that's popular is your objective. If you're only writing for artistic expression, then do whatever you want -but realize that doing so will not yield the kind of reception you want to the extent that your standard for what a fanfic ought to be diverges from what the general community thinks.
Tsar of DDO
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 2:34:57 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 1:38:39 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
I originally did that series to show one example of what a good series would be like, and I think I've achieved my objective, so there is no reason to continue publishing after Five long episodes.

lol.

There's no 'ought to be' in the art of writing, bro.
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 2:36:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I can tell you that when you put a lot of work into something, and it's not widely appreciated, that can be frustrating. But when you're writing, you've got to think less about what you think a series "ought" to be and more about what your audience wants, if writing something that's popular is your objective. If you're only writing for artistic expression, then do whatever you want -but realize that doing so will not yield the kind of reception you want to the extent that your standard for what a fanfic ought to be diverges from what the general community thinks.

Sorry if I was too defensive.

Oh, I'm not at all bothered if a few people liked my series as opposed to the majority, because I believe, and that's my personal opinion, that artistic expression in an amusing plot is the definition of a good "fanfiction series" if you take into consideration stylistics and storytelling. I personally don't give much consideration to what my audience wants as long as I have three to four readers who are interested in what I'm writing, which is weird, I guess, but that's just how I operate.

In my OP post, I meant "Good" in that sense, not in the sense that my series was prone to become the most popular, which was never my ambition, honestly speaking.
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 2:40:14 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 2:34:57 AM, Cermank wrote:
At 5/28/2014 1:38:39 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
I originally did that series to show one example of what a good series would be like, and I think I've achieved my objective, so there is no reason to continue publishing after Five long episodes.

lol.

There's no 'ought to be' in the art of writing, bro.

There seems to be a heuristic for good writing, contrary to common belief. It's like if I were to take dog poo and place it on a plate and call it art, I can get away with it, but I don't think I'd be really doing art properly. Art to me is an emphasis/magnification process where you take a strange or hidden particular and express it, whether through painting or through writing, and that particular heuristic can be followed as metric of good art, and it would be somewhat reliable, I think.
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 2:44:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 2:40:14 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:34:57 AM, Cermank wrote:
At 5/28/2014 1:38:39 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
I originally did that series to show one example of what a good series would be like, and I think I've achieved my objective, so there is no reason to continue publishing after Five long episodes.

lol.

There's no 'ought to be' in the art of writing, bro.

There seems to be a heuristic for good writing, contrary to common belief. It's like if I were to take dog poo and place it on a plate and call it art, I can get away with it, but I don't think I'd be really doing art properly. Art to me is an emphasis/magnification process where you take a strange or hidden particular and express it, whether through painting or through writing, and that particular heuristic can be followed as metric of good art, and it would be somewhat reliable, I think.

I think this is honest. You can say that to *you* art is whatever, but generalizing that to the entirety of DDO population is just being a art snob. Good writing is just what appeals to people. Writing aims to transport you to a different world, and if it succeeds in doing that, bravo.
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 2:46:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 2:44:30 AM, Cermank wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:40:14 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:34:57 AM, Cermank wrote:
At 5/28/2014 1:38:39 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
I originally did that series to show one example of what a good series would be like, and I think I've achieved my objective, so there is no reason to continue publishing after Five long episodes.

lol.

There's no 'ought to be' in the art of writing, bro.

There seems to be a heuristic for good writing, contrary to common belief. It's like if I were to take dog poo and place it on a plate and call it art, I can get away with it, but I don't think I'd be really doing art properly. Art to me is an emphasis/magnification process where you take a strange or hidden particular and express it, whether through painting or through writing, and that particular heuristic can be followed as metric of good art, and it would be somewhat reliable, I think.

I think this is honest. You can say that to *you* art is whatever, but generalizing that to the entirety of DDO population is just being a art snob. Good writing is just what appeals to people. Writing aims to transport you to a different world, and if it succeeds in doing that, bravo.

Oh, yes, definitely. I had critiqued a few people on here, and one member asked me to write and show that I consider to be good literature at that time, which is why I mainly created this series to provide a personal example of what I consider good art. I should have probably clarified that more in the OP post, so I thank you for bringing this point to my attention.
YYW
Posts: 36,335
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 2:47:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 2:40:14 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:34:57 AM, Cermank wrote:
At 5/28/2014 1:38:39 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
I originally did that series to show one example of what a good series would be like, and I think I've achieved my objective, so there is no reason to continue publishing after Five long episodes.

lol.

There's no 'ought to be' in the art of writing, bro.

There seems to be a heuristic for good writing, contrary to common belief. It's like if I were to take dog poo and place it on a plate and call it art, I can get away with it, but I don't think I'd be really doing art properly. Art to me is an emphasis/magnification process where you take a strange or hidden particular and express it, whether through painting or through writing, and that particular heuristic can be followed as metric of good art, and it would be somewhat reliable, I think.

We all have our ideals of what literature/writing "ought" to be. Mine is somewhere between Ian McEwan, David Mitchell, Dostoevsky, Tolkien, Rowling and David Foster Wallace -but other people have different expectations.
Tsar of DDO
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 5:04:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm not gonna lie- I'm kind of disappointed you are stopping. "Kind of" because it is no secret I'm not overly fond of you.

Your writing is excellent, though I had seen other great writers on DDO before, like ER. You have a talent for stringing words together to intrigue your audience. Keep up with that.

I'd love to read more of your work, if you ever decided to write again.

So yeah...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 5:46:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 5:04:04 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I'm not gonna lie- I'm kind of disappointed you are stopping. "Kind of" because it is no secret I'm not overly fond of you.

Your writing is excellent, though I had seen other great writers on DDO before, like ER. You have a talent for stringing words together to intrigue your audience. Keep up with that.

I'd love to read more of your work, if you ever decided to write again.

So yeah...

Why are you not so "fond" of me, exactly? You say that publicly with no clarification.
tbhidc
Posts: 84
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 8:45:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 2:16:46 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:11:35 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Anyway, sorry for YYW derailing this thread, but the best method to deal with cyberbullies is to report them. This is only meant as a thank-you thread to people who gave me quality-feedback.

Yeah, I didn't derail the thread. I commented on a post you made... but w/e.

Lol, that's a horrible argument. Every time someone derails a thread it's by commenting to a post someone made. It's the content of the comment that determines whether or not you were derailing the thread.
YYW
Posts: 36,335
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 10:23:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 8:45:53 AM, tbhidc wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:16:46 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:11:35 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Anyway, sorry for YYW derailing this thread, but the best method to deal with cyberbullies is to report them. This is only meant as a thank-you thread to people who gave me quality-feedback.

Yeah, I didn't derail the thread. I commented on a post you made... but w/e.

Lol, that's a horrible argument. Every time someone derails a thread it's by commenting to a post someone made. It's the content of the comment that determines whether or not you were derailing the thread.

Commenting alone is not sufficient to derail a thread so long as the comments are in keeping with the same subject as the OP. And, in that not all comments derail threads, you've confused something that is necessary for something that's sufficient -while also derailing the thread because your comment is beyond the scope of the OP. So, good job.
Tsar of DDO
tbhidc
Posts: 84
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 10:48:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 10:23:04 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 8:45:53 AM, tbhidc wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:16:46 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:11:35 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Anyway, sorry for YYW derailing this thread, but the best method to deal with cyberbullies is to report them. This is only meant as a thank-you thread to people who gave me quality-feedback.

Yeah, I didn't derail the thread. I commented on a post you made... but w/e.

Lol, that's a horrible argument. Every time someone derails a thread it's by commenting to a post someone made. It's the content of the comment that determines whether or not you were derailing the thread.

Commenting alone is not sufficient to derail a thread so long as the comments are in keeping with the same subject as the OP. And, in that not all comments derail threads, you've confused something that is necessary for something that's sufficient -while also derailing the thread because your comment is beyond the scope of the OP. So, good job.

So you admit that sometimes commenting derails threads, and sometimes it doesn't. Which makes your argument invalid. All that follows is that we can't draw a conclusion either way of whether or not you were derailing the thread.

With the given information, it *might* be the case that you derailed the thread, and it *might* be the case that you weren't. So it doesn't really prove anything.
YYW
Posts: 36,335
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 11:26:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 10:48:20 AM, tbhidc wrote:
At 5/28/2014 10:23:04 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 8:45:53 AM, tbhidc wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:16:46 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:11:35 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Anyway, sorry for YYW derailing this thread, but the best method to deal with cyberbullies is to report them. This is only meant as a thank-you thread to people who gave me quality-feedback.

Yeah, I didn't derail the thread. I commented on a post you made... but w/e.

Lol, that's a horrible argument. Every time someone derails a thread it's by commenting to a post someone made. It's the content of the comment that determines whether or not you were derailing the thread.

Commenting alone is not sufficient to derail a thread so long as the comments are in keeping with the same subject as the OP. And, in that not all comments derail threads, you've confused something that is necessary for something that's sufficient -while also derailing the thread because your comment is beyond the scope of the OP. So, good job.

So you admit that sometimes commenting derails threads, and sometimes it doesn't. Which makes your argument invalid.

It's consistent with why I said.

All that follows is that we can't draw a conclusion either way of whether or not you were derailing the thread.

With the given information, it *might* be the case that you derailed the thread, and it *might* be the case that you weren't. So it doesn't really prove anything.

You're boring.
Tsar of DDO
tbhidc
Posts: 84
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 11:28:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 11:26:08 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 10:48:20 AM, tbhidc wrote:
At 5/28/2014 10:23:04 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 8:45:53 AM, tbhidc wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:16:46 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:11:35 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Anyway, sorry for YYW derailing this thread, but the best method to deal with cyberbullies is to report them. This is only meant as a thank-you thread to people who gave me quality-feedback.

Yeah, I didn't derail the thread. I commented on a post you made... but w/e.

Lol, that's a horrible argument. Every time someone derails a thread it's by commenting to a post someone made. It's the content of the comment that determines whether or not you were derailing the thread.

Commenting alone is not sufficient to derail a thread so long as the comments are in keeping with the same subject as the OP. And, in that not all comments derail threads, you've confused something that is necessary for something that's sufficient -while also derailing the thread because your comment is beyond the scope of the OP. So, good job.

So you admit that sometimes commenting derails threads, and sometimes it doesn't. Which makes your argument invalid.

It's consistent with why I said.


Perhaps. However, if you were attempting to prove that you were, as a fact, *not* derailing the thread, then the argument fails. We just can't draw a conclusion either way.

Sometimes commenting derails threads. Sometimes it doesn't. We just don't know.

All that follows is that we can't draw a conclusion either way of whether or not you were derailing the thread.

With the given information, it *might* be the case that you derailed the thread, and it *might* be the case that you weren't. So it doesn't really prove anything.

You're boring.
YYW
Posts: 36,335
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 11:30:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 11:28:09 AM, tbhidc wrote:
At 5/28/2014 11:26:08 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 10:48:20 AM, tbhidc wrote:
At 5/28/2014 10:23:04 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 8:45:53 AM, tbhidc wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:16:46 AM, YYW wrote:
At 5/28/2014 2:11:35 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
Anyway, sorry for YYW derailing this thread, but the best method to deal with cyberbullies is to report them. This is only meant as a thank-you thread to people who gave me quality-feedback.

Yeah, I didn't derail the thread. I commented on a post you made... but w/e.

Lol, that's a horrible argument. Every time someone derails a thread it's by commenting to a post someone made. It's the content of the comment that determines whether or not you were derailing the thread.

Commenting alone is not sufficient to derail a thread so long as the comments are in keeping with the same subject as the OP. And, in that not all comments derail threads, you've confused something that is necessary for something that's sufficient -while also derailing the thread because your comment is beyond the scope of the OP. So, good job.

So you admit that sometimes commenting derails threads, and sometimes it doesn't. Which makes your argument invalid.

It's consistent with why I said.


Perhaps. However, if you were attempting to prove that you were, as a fact, *not* derailing the thread, then the argument fails. We just can't draw a conclusion either way.

Sometimes commenting derails threads. Sometimes it doesn't. We just don't know.

All that follows is that we can't draw a conclusion either way of whether or not you were derailing the thread.

With the given information, it *might* be the case that you derailed the thread, and it *might* be the case that you weren't. So it doesn't really prove anything.

You're boring.

tbhidc
Tsar of DDO
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 4:13:26 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 5:46:23 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/28/2014 5:04:04 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I'm not gonna lie- I'm kind of disappointed you are stopping. "Kind of" because it is no secret I'm not overly fond of you.

Your writing is excellent, though I had seen other great writers on DDO before, like ER. You have a talent for stringing words together to intrigue your audience. Keep up with that.

I'd love to read more of your work, if you ever decided to write again.

So yeah...

Why are you not so "fond" of me, exactly? You say that publicly with no clarification.

What have you done that would make me fond of you?
We're not exactly "friends." We don't talk much.

I don't hate you... I just don't know you well enough to have a reason to like you yet.

BTW, I said I'm not overly fond of you.
I never said I hated you, or disliked you greatly... I just don't like you a lot.

I do think you're a great writer however.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Romanii
Posts: 4,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 4:35:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Do you guys really dislike each others' writing? Or do you force yourselves to dislike it because of your pre-conceived notions against each other?
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 5:05:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 4:13:26 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 5/28/2014 5:46:23 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/28/2014 5:04:04 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I'm not gonna lie- I'm kind of disappointed you are stopping. "Kind of" because it is no secret I'm not overly fond of you.

Your writing is excellent, though I had seen other great writers on DDO before, like ER. You have a talent for stringing words together to intrigue your audience. Keep up with that.

I'd love to read more of your work, if you ever decided to write again.

So yeah...

Why are you not so "fond" of me, exactly? You say that publicly with no clarification.

What have you done that would make me fond of you?
We're not exactly "friends." We don't talk much.

I don't hate you... I just don't know you well enough to have a reason to like you yet.

BTW, I said I'm not overly fond of you.
I never said I hated you, or disliked you greatly... I just don't like you a lot.

I do think you're a great writer however.

Telling strangers you're not overly fond of them is actually rude, especially if you don't even know them. :D
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 5:30:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 5:05:47 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/28/2014 4:13:26 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 5/28/2014 5:46:23 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/28/2014 5:04:04 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I'm not gonna lie- I'm kind of disappointed you are stopping. "Kind of" because it is no secret I'm not overly fond of you.

Your writing is excellent, though I had seen other great writers on DDO before, like ER. You have a talent for stringing words together to intrigue your audience. Keep up with that.

I'd love to read more of your work, if you ever decided to write again.

So yeah...

Why are you not so "fond" of me, exactly? You say that publicly with no clarification.

What have you done that would make me fond of you?
We're not exactly "friends." We don't talk much.

I don't hate you... I just don't know you well enough to have a reason to like you yet.

BTW, I said I'm not overly fond of you.
I never said I hated you, or disliked you greatly... I just don't like you a lot.

I do think you're a great writer however.

Telling strangers you're not overly fond of them is actually rude, especially if you don't even know them. :D

My apologies. Next time, I'll be sure to get down on my knees and tell you how much I adore you, even if I don't know you. Better?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
NiqashMotawadi3
Posts: 1,895
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 6:24:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 5:30:19 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 5/28/2014 5:05:47 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/28/2014 4:13:26 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 5/28/2014 5:46:23 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/28/2014 5:04:04 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I'm not gonna lie- I'm kind of disappointed you are stopping. "Kind of" because it is no secret I'm not overly fond of you.

Your writing is excellent, though I had seen other great writers on DDO before, like ER. You have a talent for stringing words together to intrigue your audience. Keep up with that.

I'd love to read more of your work, if you ever decided to write again.

So yeah...

Why are you not so "fond" of me, exactly? You say that publicly with no clarification.

What have you done that would make me fond of you?
We're not exactly "friends." We don't talk much.

I don't hate you... I just don't know you well enough to have a reason to like you yet.

BTW, I said I'm not overly fond of you.
I never said I hated you, or disliked you greatly... I just don't like you a lot.

I do think you're a great writer however.

Telling strangers you're not overly fond of them is actually rude, especially if you don't even know them. :D

My apologies. Next time, I'll be sure to get down on my knees and tell you how much I adore you, even if I don't know you. Better?

There exists a neutral position between love and hate and it is this neutrality towards strangers that I would expect you to have deduced by yourself at 16 years of age, although I understand your social intentions from having this rotten attitude towards the least-liked on DDO, which is the same reason you would use an Imabench-like avatar and pretend you like Frozen, and go around paralleling the views of others in every thread like a photocopy machine regurgitating what some member above said in a summary or a an odd paraphrase, and that is just because some of those commentators are popular, and here you are trying your best with me and all you an come out with is a black-white fallacy where you emphasize two polar opposites forgetting the middle-ground and the default/neutral position implied. Anyway, good luck with whatever is going on, and please don't comment on my forum threads anymore or interact with me in any way, I rather be left alone from users which are what you are now.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 6:35:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/28/2014 6:24:52 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/28/2014 5:30:19 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 5/28/2014 5:05:47 PM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/28/2014 4:13:26 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 5/28/2014 5:46:23 AM, NiqashMotawadi3 wrote:
At 5/28/2014 5:04:04 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
I'm not gonna lie- I'm kind of disappointed you are stopping. "Kind of" because it is no secret I'm not overly fond of you.

Your writing is excellent, though I had seen other great writers on DDO before, like ER. You have a talent for stringing words together to intrigue your audience. Keep up with that.

I'd love to read more of your work, if you ever decided to write again.

So yeah...

Why are you not so "fond" of me, exactly? You say that publicly with no clarification.

What have you done that would make me fond of you?
We're not exactly "friends." We don't talk much.

I don't hate you... I just don't know you well enough to have a reason to like you yet.

BTW, I said I'm not overly fond of you.
I never said I hated you, or disliked you greatly... I just don't like you a lot.

I do think you're a great writer however.

Telling strangers you're not overly fond of them is actually rude, especially if you don't even know them. :D

My apologies. Next time, I'll be sure to get down on my knees and tell you how much I adore you, even if I don't know you. Better?

There exists a neutral position between love and hate and it is this neutrality towards strangers that I would expect you to have deduced by yourself at 16 years of age, although I understand your social intentions from having this rotten attitude towards the least-liked on DDO, which is the same reason you would use an Imabench-like avatar and pretend you like Frozen, and go around paralleling the views of others in every thread like a photocopy machine regurgitating what some member above said in a summary or a an odd paraphrase, and that is just because some of those commentators are popular, and here you are trying your best with me and all you an come out with is a black-white fallacy where you emphasize two polar opposites forgetting the middle-ground and the default/neutral position implied. Anyway, good luck with whatever is going on, and please don't comment on my forum threads anymore or interact with me in any way, I rather be left alone from users which are what you are now.

Before I stop replying to you, I'd just like to say the following;
- I don't pretend to love Frozen. As a 16 year old girl, I like it. If you don't, then it's fine with me. I never insulted anyone for not liking Frozen.
- I do know how to treat strangers. And from someone who already doesn't like a stranger over the internet, you shouldn't really talk.
- But it's fine anyways. If you don't wanna talk to me, that's not a problem. ^.^
The world isn't gonna end. We shall go on with our lives.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
EndarkenedRationalist
Posts: 14,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2014 7:01:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I thought it was an interesting series. I read each one, anyway. I think it reflects something that used to be in all my work, which was a heavy reliance on beautiful, even lyrical description. I think The Celestial Egg knew what it wanted to be and was willing to sacrifice connecting with an audience to get there. I stopped with the description for a couple of reasons, the largest being that, though stylistically lovely, it's not longer accessible to the mainstream public. As a writer, I have to keep my audience in mind, I admire The Celestial Egg's liberty in choosing not to do so or, that being inaccurate, in being selective with its audience.
rross
Posts: 2,772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2014 2:52:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Well thank goodness. That DDO fanfic fashion went on for way too long.

You need to think in terms of originality in format. That was one thing imabench was good at - finding new ways to showcase himself calling people retards. Or like Banksy. You need to create your own style and process and not just meekly copy accepted forms.

I hope you don't mind me saying my opinion. :p

But keep in mind that I LOVED frozen. Cried the whole time. So we may have different tastes.