The Darkness Within chapter 3.

Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2014 1:42:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
'Wait,' Endarkenedrationalist grabbed her wrist. 'I'll come with you.'
Jifpop threw a vulgar wink at 9spaceking and threw each of them a waterproof coat. 'Take a torch and transistor radio, we don't want more lost people out and about today.' 9spaceking said.

Noon passed into evening as the search for the missing campers wore on. It was apparent less than an hour after ClassicRobert, Pitbull and Lannan had failed to show up when they said they would that the others knew they were hopelessly lost. A brooding thought hovered over Endarkenedrationalist particularly, he was the only one who knew that there was actual physical danger in these woods. Godchooseslife flicked on the flashlight, illuminating no more than 5 metres ahead through the relentless downpour. 'Do you know where we are going Endarkened?' She asked. 'What?!' Endarkenedrationalist called from behind. Godchooseslife strained to be heard above the rain and thunder. She shone the torch light back into Endarkenedrationalist's face, only to realise that now he wasn't there.

Endarkenedrationalist saw the Flashlight appear in front of him faintly as they left the clearing back into the dense woods. Fearing they would be separated, he hurried to catch up,digging a hand into his pocket to produce a compass. 'Godchooseslife!' Endarkenedrationalist called at the faint light. Godchooseslife called back to him, but was drowned out completely by the storm. 'What?!' He called back at the top of his lungs. Endarkenedrationalist picked up his pace again, wondering why Godchooseslife was keeping a distance ahead of him. With a check of the compass once again, he swiftly pocketed it and ran towards the glowing light of the torch. The light did not move or alter. The brightness increased as he approached, and Endarkenedrationalist arrived to discover the torch discarded on the ground, still on but with no sign of Godchooseslife.

9spaceking leaned a little closer to the transistor radio, moving the dial back and forth across the frequencies. 'You sure they are 27.7?' He asked Jifpop for the umpteenth time. 'Yes, I am sure,' Jifpop replied with an undisguised exasperated sigh. 'Could it be the water or rain?' 9spaceking said.
'No, the casings are waterproof and radio waves are not hampered by rain.'
9spaceking sat back, puzzled at the failure of the transistor radio to work. Outside, heavy rain continued to pound the canvas of the tent with an unwavering Zeal. 'I guess the best thing we can do is wait.' 9spaceking observed. Jifpop sighed again, wishing all the tension would simply release itself.
'Say, why is it so dark?' Jifpop said. 'The cell above us is particularly heavy I grant it, but I'd never had though it would be something that could force us to use this lantern during the day.'
'It's like its night-time.' 9spaceking agreed.
Jifpop picked himself up from the mat and spread out his sleeping blanket. 'Just another excuse for 40 winks.' He said flatly. 9spaceking deflated at the sound of his flat and empty voice. 'Dude, they'll be fine, I'm sure.' He said reassuringly, though for himself or for Jifpop he wasn't too sure.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2014 1:43:11 PM
Sorry for the lateness, I haven't been active that much lately due to work, but do not fear a new chapter should be out soon!
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2014 1:44:28 PM
Humph for some reason it didn't post the firs paragraph hold on

Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2014 1:46:04 PM
Endarkened Rationalist stood up from his failing attempts to create a fire as the tell-tale large drips of an overhead super-cell impacted upon the ground with audible thuds. 'Get to cover!' Called 9spaceking to the group from the large tent they had pitched in the clearing. Godchooseslife,, Jifpop and Endarkenedrationalist hurried to escape the deluge.
'I wonder if the others are caught in this.' Said Jifpop as he wrung his jacket. 'Almost certainly.' Replied 9spaceking. 'We were expecting them any moment.'
Godchooseslife frowned further. 'I'm going take a jacket and find them, they won't be able to locate us in this rain if they are trying to use the path.'

Jifpop threw a vulgar wink at 9spaceking and threw each of them a waterproof coat. 'Take a torch and transistor radio, we don't want more lost people out and about today.' 9spaceking said.

Noon passed into evening as the search for the missing campers wore on. It was apparent less than an hour after ClassicRobert, Pitbull and Lannan had failed to show up when they said they would that the others knew they were hopelessly lost. A brooding thought hovered over Endarkenedrationalist particularly, he was the only one who knew that there was actual physical danger in these woods. Godchooseslife flicked on the flashlight, illuminating no more than 5 metres ahead through the relentless downpour. 'Do you know where we are going Endarkened?' She asked. 'What?!' Endarkenedrationalist called from behind. Godchooseslife strained to be heard above the rain and thunder. She shone the torch light back into Endarkenedrationalist's face, only to realise that now he wasn't there.

Endarkenedrationalist saw the Flashlight appear in front of him faintly as they left the clearing back into the dense woods. Fearing they would be separated, he hurried to catch up,digging a hand into his pocket to produce a compass. 'Godchooseslife!' Endarkenedrationalist called at the faint light. Godchooseslife called back to him, but was drowned out completely by the storm. 'What?!' He called back at the top of his lungs. Endarkenedrationalist picked up his pace again, wondering why Godchooseslife was keeping a distance ahead of him. With a check of the compass once again, he swiftly pocketed it and ran towards the glowing light of the torch. The light did not move or alter. The brightness increased as he approached, and Endarkenedrationalist arrived to discover the torch discarded on the ground, still on but with no sign of Godchooseslife.

9spaceking leaned a little closer to the transistor radio, moving the dial back and forth across the frequencies. 'You sure they are 27.7?' He asked Jifpop for the umpteenth time. 'Yes, I am sure,' Jifpop replied with an undisguised exasperated sigh. 'Could it be the water or rain?' 9spaceking said.
9spaceking sat back, puzzled at the failure of the transistor radio to work. Outside, heavy rain continued to pound the canvas of the tent with an unwavering Zeal. 'I guess the best thing we can do is wait.' 9spaceking observed. Jifpop sighed again, wishing all the tension would simply release itself.
'Say, why is it so dark?' Jifpop said. 'The cell above us is particularly heavy I grant it, but I'd never had though it would be something that could force us to use this lantern during the day.'
Jifpop picked himself up from the mat and spread out his sleeping blanket. 'Just another excuse for 40 winks.' He said flatly. 9spaceking deflated at the sound of his flat and empty voice. 'Dude, they'll be fine, I'm sure.' He said reassuringly, though for himself or for Jifpop he wasn't too sure.

Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2014 1:47:29 PM
Ahh much better :) for those of you interested (though I think not many of you are) the link to chapter 2
http://www.debate.org...

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2014 2:15:28 PM
At 5/29/2014 1:46:04 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
Endarkened Rationalist stood up from his failing attempts to create a fire as the tell-tale large drips of an overhead super-cell impacted upon the ground with audible thuds. 'Get to cover!' Called 9spaceking to the group from the large tent they had pitched in the clearing. Godchooseslife,, Jifpop and Endarkenedrationalist hurried to escape the deluge.
'I wonder if the others are caught in this.' Said Jifpop as he wrung his jacket. 'Almost certainly.' Replied 9spaceking. 'We were expecting them any moment.'
Godchooseslife frowned further. 'I'm going take a jacket and find them, they won't be able to locate us in this rain if they are trying to use the path.'

Uh-oh

Jifpop would. xD

Hmmm. Well, if I'm the knowledgable one, then I'm probably dead sooner or later. But now we seem to be splitting up...

GCL? GCL? NOOOOOOOO

Nope. Everything is definitely not fine. Craziness is about to hit the fan. Who will survive? We have to know.
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2014 5:17:34 PM
At 5/29/2014 2:15:28 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
At 5/29/2014 1:46:04 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:

Uh-oh

Jifpop would. xD

Hmmm. Well, if I'm the knowledgable one, then I'm probably dead sooner or later. But now we seem to be splitting up...

GCL? GCL? NOOOOOOOO

Nope. Everything is definitely not fine. Craziness is about to hit the fan. Who will survive? We have to know.

) my awesome avid reader lol

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2014 5:34:01 PM
At 5/29/2014 1:42:01 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:

First Bluesteel! Now 9spaceking!!!

Lol XD
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 12:05:17 PM
At 5/29/2014 5:34:01 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 5/29/2014 1:42:01 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:

First Bluesteel! Now 9spaceking!!!

Lol XD

What?