Jump to topic:

DDO Reform Party Appointees

Lexicaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 8:51:41 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
This thread is for allowing executive department appointees the opportunity to interact with forum members and explain their position, background and plans. It gives me great pleasure to introduce you to those people whom I have selected to work in my administration. I am sure you will find them all to be eminently qualified and ready to get to work!
http://mastersofcreationrpg.com... - My new site and long-developed project. Should be fun.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 9:34:51 AM
At 2/13/2010 8:51:41 AM, Lexicaholic wrote:
This thread is for allowing executive department appointees the opportunity to interact with forum members and explain their position, background and plans. It gives me great pleasure to introduce you to those people whom I have selected to work in my administration. I am sure you will find them all to be eminently qualified and ready to get to work!

Hello, I'm I-am-a-panda, the DDO Reform Party Chief Whip and Chief of Staff. I am responsible for the upkeep of the Reform Partys spotless reputation for civil debate on matters.

I am willing to take questions from the public, and redirect those with the utmost importance to Volkov or Lexicaholic. I will also take applications for members to become appointed to the cabinet, however, no application is required to join the party. All are welcome!

If the DDO Reform Party is elected, I will promote civil manner in conducting debate and discussion. I will also oversee the administrations needs.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 10:21:18 AM
Good day to you all. I am PoeJoe, the DDO Reform Party's candidate for Secretary of Marketing and Programming for DDO.

As the Secretary of Marketing and Programming for DDO, it will be my job to make the DDO reforms that you want become a reality, stuff such as getting rid of the talking ads, getting more WebCorp interaction here on DDO, and reducing the number of unintended bannings.

Now, you may be asking yourself, "Why elect this guy? Surely the Right, with Ragnar and wjm, can make the same reforms. I mean, the Right also wants DDO reform, too, right? So, why this guy?"

Well, more so than the Right, the DDO Reform Party not only promises reform, but we have the capabilities to make such change, because we have made such change before.

I, your candidate for Secretary of Marketing and Programming, was established and around during the height of vote bombing, having participated in the first and only serious anti-vote bombing effort, The Cleaners. In addition, I was part of the Private Focus Group, responsible for getting the anti-vote bombing program and I.P. scans. In addition, I was instrumental in tracking down josh's IP and location through the first Fansite, created, programmed, and designed by me. In addition, I have had an impact on DDO's culture, having invented and spread the widely used terms "DDO" and "vote bomb," and in creating the DDO awards. In addition I've had extensive e-mail conversations with Phil, the president of WebCorp. In addition, I have programming knowledge and an acute instinct of this site's social atmosphere to bring about real change. And it is this experience I run on.

The Right has provided examples of reform they would implement. But only I have lived through such reform, and only I, of all the candidates, have actually brought about radical change to this site.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
alto2osu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 12:13:45 PM
Good morning, DDO. I'm Alto2osu (Dani), and I was asked to represent the educational interests of the Reform Party as the Secretary of Education. I have two bachelor's degrees, in English & Education, and am currently seeking an M.A.T. and endorsement in reading education. I've also been a competitive public speaking and debate coach for the last 8 years. Besides having completed extensive research regarding the state of education in general, I also have a strong research background in the philosophical arena (most specifically epistemology & natural rights theory), the scientific arena, and the political arena.

I'm pleased to be associated with the Lexicaholic/Volkov ticket, and fully support the vision of education on DDO that their platform espouses.

Primarily, our view of education on DDO is an evolving one, one which focuses itself on an improved membership draw from competitive debate demographics and improved retention of quality debaters. Debate, at its heart, is an educational tool. We come here for intellectual companionship. Under a Lex/Volkov administration, educational policies will always reflect this quintessential concept. Allow me to discuss just a few of the educational components of the website that this ticket would like to see on DDO:

*One aim is to specifically target competitive debaters who aren't fishing for cases. Competitive and non-competitive debaters offer interesting dual perspectives to debate, in format, in content, etc. In order to increase intellectual traffic, specifically on the debate-side of the website, we'd like to see the website become more teen-friendly. This primarily translates into a change in some ad content. We want coaches and students to feel comfortable getting on this website at school, since this website is currently not blocked by too many firewalls-- this is a huge advantage that very few websites like this can boast.

*We'd like to focus on the value of the RFD, which is the educational end to all debates. My competitive debaters tell me constantly that judge RFDs are much more educational than the debate itself. While the quality of debate on the website in general is a concern of this ticket, we also find that RFDs are becoming a thing of the past with the introduction of the voting tab. We'd like to change the culture of DDO to emphasize the importance of each stage of a given debate.

*A key part of retention is the welcome that new members receive upon coming to the website. We believe that the user-friendliness of the website would be vastly improved by a few forum additions that might serve a "mentor" function into the ways of DDO. First of all, we'd like to see an FAQ section for new debaters. This would be a safe space where the newest of the new can receive respectful and clear answers to their questions. Second of all, we'd like to see a competitive debate subcategory, as well. This would encourage competitive debaters to engage in more forum discussions in general, and give those debaters a place to discuss format, cards, argument strategy, etc.

*There are also a few formatting issues that we would like to see considered. First of all, in order to accommodate multiple forms of debate (which will diversify DDO, leading to more overall educational value for both debaters and readers), the character limit needs some incremental increases. For example, for those who frequent DDO to debate LD-style, 8,000 characters simply isn't enough to complete the debate. While we still value the concept of word economy, the format itself demands around 15,000 characters, at least while posting a case and refuting an opponent's. Second of all, an interesting and exciting proposal is to actually allow different forms of debate to be represented as selections while creating a given debate. For example, if a website member wanted to debate public forum-style, then the posted debate would automatically conform to that debate form's number of rounds. The same would apply to LDV, as well as the style that exists right now ("free form," essentially).

Clearly, the Lex/Volkov ticket has given a great deal of consideration to the concept of education on this website. And, since education is such a crucial part of this website in so many ways, their attention to it reflects a true commitment to the success of DDO and to the happiness of its users. I look forward to the coming campaign, and encourage all members to vote Lex/Volkov.
alto2osu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 12:19:51 PM
At 2/13/2010 12:13:45 PM, alto2osu wrote:
Good morning, DDO. I'm Alto2osu (Dani), and I was asked to represent the educational interests of the Reform Party as the Secretary of Education.

By the way-- I am always willing to either answer questions about any of the above-drafted proposals or my general thoughts on DDO-related or nation-related educational policy.
ournamestoolong
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2010 5:49:08 PM
Hello. I am Ournamestoolong. I am the secretary of Commerce.

My plans are going to be simple, as well as my goals. My first and most important goal is to change the ad system. My other goal will be to increase revenue of DDO.

Now you may be asking, how can I, a member of a (Fake) administration? Well, I will make a bipartisan committee. The goal of this committee will be to find a viable alternative to the ad system in place, then prove to Phil this system would be more profitable.

My second goal will be achieved by using this same committee to advertise on other forums to increase membership.
I'll get by with a little help from my friends.

Ournamestoolong

Secretary of Commerce

Destroy talking ads!
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2010 12:45:16 PM
Good afternoon, DDO. I am theLwerd, and if elected, the Reform Party's appointed Secretary of the Treasury. This position is considered the chief financial officer of the government, and it would be my job to formulate and recommend all economic policies that apply to the State. As the financial agent of the government and lead adviser on the National Economic Council, I would be responsible for devising a budget, managing the debt, and regulating taxes and spending. Additionally, if elected the Reform Party will also appoint me as the Secretary of Labor, in which I would enforce and suggest laws involving unions, the workplace, and all other issues involving any form of business-person conflicts.

A little about my background: I am an economically moderate money-maker from Rutgers University where I majored in Labor Studies and Employment Relations, working on a dual minor in Philosophy and Political Science. My work experience includes time as a researcher for Advantage Marketing; a management-level associate at Peek-A-Boo boutique; and a Junior Loan Officer at a mortgage company in New York where I frequently interacted with attorneys, real estate agents and bankers in both an office setting and at the county clerk's office. I've also held various other sales jobs. My strengths include leadership, customer service, and an in depth knowledge of Human Resources with a knack for business management. I also served on the Executive Council as well as headed several committees of The Georgian Society to name a few more qualifications.

Here in the Reform Party we believe that the government can be used as a tool to help Americans succeed. We believe in a very hands-on government and administration where other citizens (and DDO users) not only participate but play an active role in shaping the community to suit our needs. We believe in personal responsibility, but also understand the positive impact a group effort can make. My experience, education and ability to lead make me the best candidate for these positions. I believe in every Reform Party candidate's ability to do their job well and make this administration and DDO overall a successful group. Our plethora of ideas and willingness to cooperate not only with the other party(s) but Phil himself to make DDO and the entire country a better and more financially successful place make us the best party for the job. Our main goals are to raise membership, increase community involvement and satisfaction bipartisanly, and of course generate profit.

Thank you all for reading and please do not hesitate to respond with any questions, comments, concerns or ideas to improve the quality of this unique and exciting community.

Best,

theLwerd
President of DDO