Jump to topic:

Favorite Thing About DDO

progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2014 10:43:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Well, I wouldn't consider this a direct counter to Roy's thread, but I think at this time we've seen quite a lot of criticism of DDO. Some I may agree with, but that does undoubtedly cast to the shadows all of the really great things about the site. This thread will attempt to underscore those things.

I'll start. My favorite thing about DDO is being exposed to intelligent, articulate people with different views, people who don't let me get away with a darned thing and always keep me on my toes.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2014 10:46:53 PM
At 5/30/2014 10:43:48 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
Well, I wouldn't consider this a direct counter to Roy's thread, but I think at this time we've seen quite a lot of criticism of DDO. Some I may agree with, but that does undoubtedly cast to the shadows all of the really great things about the site. This thread will attempt to underscore those things.

I'll start. My favorite thing about DDO is being exposed to intelligent, articulate people with different views, people who don't let me get away with a darned thing and always keep me on my toes.

I couldn't agree more. When I started DDO, I thought everyone would be competitive and mean. However, I soon became exposed to wonderful, knowledgeable kind people. Sure, not all of them may be the best debaters, but they are all awesome in their own way.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2014 11:03:27 PM
It spends my time. I have a lot of time to spend. And I get bored if I don't have a place to spend my time.

Besides that I love the social aspect of Debate.org and the excitement and intellectual stimulation of a good, serious debate.
Nolite Timere
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 12:42:59 AM
It's made my arguing style more mature, and helped me understand that good grammar really is sexy. I still love foruming the most. I wish we could get some of the pollwalkers to get active around here so I'd have more people to to talk to.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 1:40:23 AM
Well, besides improving my writing skills and persuasive skills ten-fold, participating on the site has really helped me develop my religious/philosophical views, and has also got me really interested in things I never cared much about before like physics, politics, and economics.
Of course, there is also the social aspect of the site with all these amazing people on here, each awesome in their own unique way; I have grown very fond of many of them over time :)
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 1:59:56 PM
At 5/31/2014 2:21:54 AM, Zaradi wrote:
The polls and opinions section.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2014 4:00:37 PM
DDO is like a mountain, because it's there.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%