Total Posts:186|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Happy Valentine's Day DDO

I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 5:03:06 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/14/2010 1:34:52 AM, OreEle wrote:
So, what did you do?

Spent some time with my significant other

................

hand
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 5:46:20 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/14/2010 5:03:06 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 2/14/2010 1:34:52 AM, OreEle wrote:
So, what did you do?

Spent some time with my significant other

................

hand

I have(had) to work Friday, Saturday and from 12 to 12 (w/o) a break today.

Stupid Restaurant!!!!.... money's good though..
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 7:00:55 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/14/2010 5:46:20 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 2/14/2010 5:03:06 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 2/14/2010 1:34:52 AM, OreEle wrote:
So, what did you do?

Spent some time with my significant other

................

hand

I have(had) to work Friday, Saturday and from 12 to 12 (w/o) a break today.

Stupid Restaurant!!!!.... money's good though..

Is it a Wendys?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 7:16:32 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/14/2010 1:44:53 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Correction: Single Awareness Day.

Worst day of the year for me so don't remind me.

Hear, hear.

I never really liked Valentine's Day - seemed pretty manufactured.
bringoutyourdead
Posts: 62
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 7:33:00 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
My girlfriend and I don't celebrate valentines day, we celebrate relationship day which is the weekend after valentines day when restaurants are empty and flowers are half off.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 7:39:50 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/14/2010 7:00:55 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Is it a Wendys?

nope. It's a non-chain seafood restaurant that's crazy busy on holidays.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 7:49:29 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/14/2010 7:39:50 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 2/14/2010 7:00:55 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Is it a Wendys?

nope. It's a non-chain seafood restaurant that's crazy busy on holidays.

.....So it's a McDonalds with extra-nice Filet O' Fishs. neat.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 7:52:27 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/14/2010 7:49:29 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

.....So it's a McDonalds with extra-nice Filet O' Fishs. neat.

I think you mean extra-expensive Filet O' Fishs.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 7:54:54 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/14/2010 7:52:27 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 2/14/2010 7:49:29 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

.....So it's a McDonalds with extra-nice Filet O' Fishs. neat.

I think you mean extra-expensive Filet O' Fishs.

Once I had shrimp in a Chili's in America. I regret the order.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 7:56:58 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/14/2010 7:54:54 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Once I had shrimp in a Chili's in America. I regret the order.

If you go to a chili's, a friday's, an applebys....

Get a Burger, and only if you like it well done.

Otherwise... don't go
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 8:10:57 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/14/2010 7:56:58 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 2/14/2010 7:54:54 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Once I had shrimp in a Chili's in America. I regret the order.

If you go to a chili's, a friday's, an applebys....

Get a Burger, and only if you like it well done.

Otherwise... don't go

It was an airport, I was hungry, and the closest I had to Shrimp was something similar coated in batter and mayonnaise.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 10:53:37 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/14/2010 7:33:00 AM, bringoutyourdead wrote:
My girlfriend and I don't celebrate valentines day, we celebrate relationship day which is the weekend after valentines day when restaurants are empty and flowers are half off.

Haha I love this! I hate Valentines Day not because I like b-tching about a manufactured holiday (aren't they all?), but because there's so much pressure to do something and get something and to me it ignores the entire purpose of the day - to celebrate your relationship. Instead it becomes pretty stressful. Trying to think of something to get that's not flowers, a card, candy or a teddy bear is a pain. It's more about who gets the best gifts for whom their dating rather than actually celebrating love in general. I told my ex I wanted to celebrate Vday exactly 6 months before and after everyone else, so on August 14th, and that year we went to a concert and did a fun date that day without all of the pressure... good stuff. Besides, I won't get to see my girlfriend til tonight and we treat each other like it's Valentines Day everyday anyway ;) *vom* <333
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 11:39:15 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
So far we have...

"Worst day of the year for me"

Time with hand

Had to work

"I never really liked Valentine's Day."

"My girlfriend and I don't celebrate valentines day."

"my one true love...DDO!"

"there's so much pressure to do something and get something"

I'm kinda sad now. I understand that some people will be spending time by themselves and that is fine, have a day dedicated to you (Panda appears to be doing that). And that some people have to work, but people that just don't like the holiday? The only person that can really pressure you is the person you're gonna be spending it with. You don't have to spend a lot of money, heck you don't need to spend any. I'm just making my wife breakfest in bed, going to the zoo (we have a membership), and a homecooked dinner that is her favorite that she hasn't had in a long time.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 11:42:58 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/14/2010 11:42:06 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
I went on a first date - it was was extremely fun.

Only if you got laid.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 11:45:38 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/14/2010 11:44:06 AM, True2GaGa wrote:
Against all probable odds I somehow have a boyfriend. Probably since I put out.

Oh I see.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 11:46:02 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/14/2010 11:42:58 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 2/14/2010 11:42:06 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
I went on a first date - it was was extremely fun.

Only if you got laid.

-- says the man who also says he's spending the day with his hand.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 11:47:18 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/14/2010 11:46:02 AM, PoeJoe wrote:
At 2/14/2010 11:42:58 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 2/14/2010 11:42:06 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
I went on a first date - it was was extremely fun.

Only if you got laid.

-- says the man who also says he's spending the day with his hand.

If I sit on it for 20 minutes, I don't think it's part of me, so for me it counts.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 11:48:58 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/14/2010 11:47:18 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
If I sit on it for 20 minutes, I don't think it's part of me, so for me it counts.

Does that actually work?
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 11:50:31 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/14/2010 11:48:58 AM, Nags wrote:
At 2/14/2010 11:47:18 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
If I sit on it for 20 minutes, I don't think it's part of me, so for me it counts.

Does that actually work?

There's only one way to find out :P.

For me yes, though 75% it doesn't work. Try it on a rainy day.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
True2GaGa
Posts: 1,574
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 11:51:22 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/14/2010 11:45:38 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 2/14/2010 11:44:06 AM, True2GaGa wrote:
Against all probable odds I somehow have a boyfriend. Probably since I put out.

Oh I see.

Considering I never wrote that, I don't have a boyfriend i have a girlfriend.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 11:52:02 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/14/2010 11:50:31 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
There's only one way to find out :P.

For me yes, though 75% it doesn't work. Try it on a rainy day.

Will do, sir.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 11:52:44 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/14/2010 11:51:22 AM, True2GaGa wrote:
At 2/14/2010 11:45:38 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 2/14/2010 11:44:06 AM, True2GaGa wrote:
Against all probable odds I somehow have a boyfriend. Probably since I put out.

Oh I see.

Considering I never wrote that, I don't have a boyfriend i have a girlfriend.

The point still stands regardless of the sex you indulge in.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 11:53:41 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/14/2010 11:52:02 AM, Nags wrote:
At 2/14/2010 11:50:31 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
There's only one way to find out :P.

For me yes, though 75% it doesn't work. Try it on a rainy day.

Will do, sir.

Protip: The first time you will freak out, or at least find it uncomfortable. Despite this, like all things, you'll become accustomed to it.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
PoeJoe
Posts: 3,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 11:57:22 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/14/2010 11:47:18 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
If I sit on it for 20 minutes, I don't think it's part of me, so for me it counts.

Wait, wat?
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2010 11:59:56 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 2/14/2010 11:57:22 AM, PoeJoe wrote:
At 2/14/2010 11:47:18 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
If I sit on it for 20 minutes, I don't think it's part of me, so for me it counts.

Wait, wat?

Apparently sitting on your hand for an extended period of time (20-30 mins) will make your hand numb, thus making your hand feel like someone else's. I don't know, I've never tried it before.