ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 5:26:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
-==0==-

A week later

AntiSocialReader knocked on the large, mahogany door and stepped back, uncertain. Should she do this?

The door opened and the first thing she noticed was the tall man standing in front of her. Perceptive as she was, she noticed the widening of his eyes as he took her in. "Why hello"" he said, leaving against the doorway of his new home.

"Good day," Reader said, raising a tray of cookies towards him. She"d done this with many noobs, but for some reason he seemed very familiar. She shook her head, and smiled, "I just wanted to welcome you to the neighbourhood. I saw you recently did a debate the other day. It was very impressive."

His dark eyes regarded her with suspicion. Surely, she couldn"t know. After all, he"s changed his name and face"

Noting his discomfort, she beamed brightly and he suddenly felt a flare in his stomach. She was one of the reasons he returned, to wipe her stupidity in her own face. "You seem very acquainted already with the place. Would I be wrong in assuming you"ve been here before?" She prodded.

How malicious, he thought, her appearing friendly, when all she wanted was to grab the juiciest piece of information to tell her precious SkyMax. His eyebrows raised and his face leaned down to her ear. Her body froze and stiffened. This was uncomfortable. "If I"d been here before, I"d know you"re a dorky little [female dog] or a snitch."

Her eyes widened and she stepped back. It couldn"t be, she thought. There was only one person she had ever snitched on" And he was supposed to be long gone. Surely, it couldn"t be him.

Play along, the voice in her head told her. "I"m afraid I don"t understand. Anyhow, these are for you. If you need anything, just let me know. I"m right down the street."
His eyebrows scrunched and his head tilted to the side. His black eyes gave it away, all the memories. She stepped back and almost tripped. "I"ve got to get going. But feel free to call if you need anything," she rambled on and rapidly walked away.

Her thoughts consumed her, eating her alive. Too much. She"s been through too much the last time. She couldn"t do this anymore. She ran into her house, slamming the door shut and dropped on the floor. Leaning against the door, she did something she hadn"t in months. She cried her heart out. She was scared.

She was scared, not because he"d been back" but because she was wrong. She was hoping her paranoia had gotten the better of her.

The day she"d been dreading had finally come, and all her preparation for it flew out the door.

-==0==-

The Boss watched as she made her way down the street hurriedly. He hadn"t anticipated telling her. She might rat him out like last time. However, the fear in her hazel-brown eyes made up for it.

That was only the beginning of all the fun.

-==0==-
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 5:50:51 PM
At 6/1/2014 5:40:12 PM, Raisor wrote:
Please just post this all in one thread.

It is totally unnecessary for you to cate a new thread every 15 minues.

Sorry. ^.^
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 6:10:02 PM
-==0==-

Ep03

Word of the Boss multiplied like cockroaches around the city of DDO. Everyone knew him by the third day. He"d done twenty-three whole debates, not forfeiting one.
His legs ached as he walked back to his home. His head felt heavy and he leaned against the door to gather a little energy.

Out of curiousity and compulsion, his eyes wandered to Reader"s home. He wondered how she was doing. He hadn"t seen or spoken to her since that day. He had been very busy. The light in her home for the living room, that he used to visit before in another time, was on and he almost saw the curtain flick. He chuckled.

Then surprisingly, the curtain did open a little and he saw her silhouette. She had changed since before. Her stance was upright, as if she had even a little authority or meaning. Though he couldn"t see it, he knew she was holding his gaze. She"d gotten brave, or at least was pretending to be.

Shaking his head at her, he turned and walked into the house. He"d have to see to that.

-==0==-

Professor looked at Reader. She hadn"t touched her hot chocolate yet and her eyes had dark bags under them. Something was up. Nudging her, she popped out of her daze. Yawning, she stretched her arms and rubbed her eyes. "Sorry, what was that Prof?" She smiled.

Lies. He saw right through her bravado. "What"s wrong?" Her shock registered the truth and she lowered her head. Should she tell him? Everyone loved the new member. It had been four days and he"d finished fifty debates.

She didn"t want to be the one to turn him in again, not when he might"ve been trying to turn a new leaf. No, she reaffirmed with herself, no one must know unless lives are in danger.

Plastering a smile, she grinned to Prof, "You worry too much buddy. Everything"s fine. Just working hard for these bloody papers" These interviews won"t get done themselves, you know? "

He frowned. She rarely lied to him. "Reader, you can trust me. You know that right?"
She smiled genuinely this time, "Of course."

Suddenly, she perked up. "So" how is Sevanii?" She enquired, knowing his thoughts would fly over his concerns. He smiled, "Amazing as usual. She"s been asking to see you, you know? She loves her Aunty Anti." Reader smiled at the nickname. Prof"s baby girl never ceased to brighten up her day. She should go see her soon.

"Tell her I"ll come check her this weekend. With the DDO elections upcoming, I"ll be in a pickle soon so this would be the only free time I"ve got."

This weekend, he and Sevanii were supposed to go out for a father-daughter day, but seeing his friend in turmoil. He mentally scratched it and immediately started planning a date for him and his love. "Of course, you can baby-sit if you"d like," Prof"s heart warmed at the excitement in her eyes. "Don"t you live close to the new guy Boss? You can introduce them."

Prof"s eyebrows immediately scrunched and he leaned in closer, putting his hand on her shoulder, "You okay? Did I say something?"

Reader"s thoughts fluttered around. Did she want to bring Sevanii this close to a potential psychopath? She loved the girl so much. No. She"d have to change her game plan.

He might have returned but he wasn"t going to change her again.

-==0==-

Later that day

Reader was busy drying her hair when her doorbell rang. She checked her clock. Strange, she thought, it"s far too late for someone to come visit.

Quickly, she unplugged the blow-drier and ran down the hall to the front door. She peeked through the knob and stood back quickly. Ding, ding.

What does he want, she thought. Playing out scenarios in her head, she grabbed a knife, she hid in a crease between the bookshelf and wall, next to the door. She opened the door a little, sticking her head out. "May I help you?" She resolved to maintain her composure.

A dark smile greeted her in return, "I couldn"t sleep and was wondering if we could talk." She stared at him for a moment and wondered if he was a madman. It was 3AM, for crying out loud. She couldn"t sleep either but still.

Rolling his eyes, he said exasperatedly, "Call someone and tell them I am here if you don"t trust me babe." This was far too amusing for him.

Reader squinted at him, "Don"t call me that." She shut the door in his face and ran over to the phone. She couldn"t call Prof, it was too late.

Truth, her elder friend and supervising editor, she could trust. He had commitment issues so he lived on his own. Though she was his subordinate, they made great friends and she tried on numerous occasions to try to set him up with her friend, Marie. They"d definitely both knocked it off and everyone in the DDO community already had their wedding planned out.

She quickly texted him and waited for a response.

Knowing psychopaths from having worked as a psychoanalyst for a few months, she had become paranoid from a young age. Her home was full of weapons, hidden everywhere. There were cameras, voice recordings and everything. Her Information Technology background helped her to retain a sense of peace sometimes. Pressing a button to the side of the door, she turned on all the cameras and recording mechanisms in her house.

If he took her down, she was dragging him along with her.

-==0==-

Boss plopped down on her sofa as Reader stood at the edge of the room. Ironic how she felt uneasy in her own home and how he, who was in such danger by being in her presence, was at such an ease.

"So" what did you need to talk about?" She asked. He smirked and she had to hold herself back from sinking in the wall from fear.

"Are you uncomfortable Reader?" he asked. Her hands immediately went to her sides as she stood up.

"Why on earth would you think that?" She defiantly asked, holding her head up snobbishly. He internally laughed- her eyes gave everything away.

Her heart beat like tassa drums with every step he took. She started walking around the room, both of them walking in a circle, as if they were both predators and were going to fight to death.

"I"m sure you"ve heard of my esteemed reputation-" he began, but she cut him off.
Looking out the window, she closed her eyes for a moment, making her decision, "I won"t tell anyone who you are. As long as you promise not to hurt anyone""

What a fa"ade, he thought, she was trying to play the innocent do-gooder.

"Won"t tell anyone who I am? Sweetheart, I"m Hitler." He smirked.

She became annoyed and clasped her hands in front of her, leaning against her own wall. She refused to meet his eyes earlier today. She held them now to prove her sincerity, "If I do tell anyone, I will renounce all my positions and leave DDO city for a month. I"ll probably stay at edebate.com for a while."

He laughed, "Why would I want you to do that? When this is so much fun now""
She shook her head and solemnly said, "You have my word. My lips are sealed."

Pausing for a moment, he finally understood her conclusion. He winked, "Once you keep the other [CENSORED BY THE DDO ToS] open at night."

Gasping, she quickly became infuriated, but tried to hide it. "I don"t appreciate that. If you continue, I"ll have to ask you to leave."

Snickering, he trolled off dirty comment after dirty comment until he ended up outside her house, clutching his stomach with laughter as she slammed her door shut.

"You said you wouldn"t tell anyone as long as I didn"t hurt anyone," he yelled out to her.

She opened the door for a moment to smirk, "And I also said I wouldn"t tell anyone. Who knows? Someone might happen to come across my diary" "

His smirk dropped and for the next hour, he stayed outside her home, begging for her forgiveness.

He was dirty, but she had her own tricks up her sleeve"
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 6:22:57 PM
At 6/1/2014 6:21:22 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
SEVANII 4EVER nac

Agreed!!! I would throw in BYours but I'm afraid to XD...
No one can capture the beauty of their awesome love but them. ;)
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 6:27:56 PM
SEVANII 4EVER nac
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 6:30:12 PM
At 6/1/2014 6:27:56 PM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
SEVANII 4EVER nac

Sorry if you guys wanted Sevanii to be a dude... I have a bias for baby girls...
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2014 7:33:24 PM
At 6/1/2014 7:14:40 PM, Romanii wrote:
Interesting story!

Sevanii XD

You're coming soon...and Sevanii moments...
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 1:14:58 AM
This was fantastic. The drama is real. What's with the mediocre comments? This is amazing.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2014 1:15:28 AM
At 6/1/2014 6:30:12 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

This was fantastic. The drama is real. What's with the mediocre comments? This is amazing.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 10:36:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/1/2014 6:22:57 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
SEVANII 4EVER nac

<3
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 11:47:49 AM
At 1/19/2015 10:36:24 AM, bsh1 wrote:
SEVANII 4EVER nac

<3

Stop necroposting.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
carriead20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 1:16:53 PM
I want in!
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 1:57:25 PM
At 1/19/2015 10:36:24 AM, bsh1 wrote:
SEVANII 4EVER nac

<3

I can't believe you bumped it... 0.o
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY