Jump to topic:

new debater on the site!

mosaiceve
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2014 2:34:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
hello fellow members of ddo. i am mosaiceve and have just recently taken interest in professional and serious debating. however, after signing up on this site, i don't know where to start! i believe that experience, in this case, will speak louder than words on a screen. c: would anybody care to show me the ropes of debating and perhaps engage in a few sample rounds with me?
Crescendo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2014 2:37:35 PM
At 6/2/2014 2:34:02 PM, mosaiceve wrote:
hello fellow members of ddo. i am mosaiceve and have just recently taken interest in professional and serious debating. however, after signing up on this site, i don't know where to start! i believe that experience, in this case, will speak louder than words on a screen. c: would anybody care to show me the ropes of debating and perhaps engage in a few sample rounds with me?

Sure.
My View of the World:
http://www.debate.org...

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2014 2:38:09 PM

Welcome to DDO and you don't need any sample rounds. Just start debating and learn as you go.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2014 2:45:31 PM

Welcome to the site! In the main forums, there are orientation topics. Take a read through there, check out some of our good debaters, e.g. Thett3, zmikecuber, Wylted, YYW, bsh1, Roy Latham .. And jump right in!
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Crescendo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2014 2:47:12 PM
Will this suffice?
My View of the World:

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2014 2:47:46 PM
At 6/2/2014 2:45:31 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Welcome to the site! In the main forums, there are orientation topics. Take a read through there, check out some of our good debaters, e.g. Thett3, zmikecuber, Wylted, YYW, bsh1, Roy Latham .. And jump right in!

Awe, you're making me blush.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2014 2:49:51 PM
At 6/2/2014 2:47:46 PM, Wylted wrote:

Haha. I loved your racism debate. You always make such interesting points.
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2014 2:58:38 PM
At 6/2/2014 2:49:51 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Haha. I loved your racism debate. You always make such interesting points.

Well, multiculturalism has a lot of positives and negatives. Whoever digs deeper will win that debate, regardless of the position they take.
mosaiceve
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2014 3:02:20 PM
lol~ thanks for the welcome ESB. *thumbs up* i don't want to get "noob sniped", as you guys put it, but i suppose i'll change my mind for the better do it anyways...and yes, that'll suffice, Crescendo. Thank you. Is there anything else that I should know that is not covered by the orientation?
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2014 3:23:43 PM
At 6/2/2014 3:02:20 PM, mosaiceve wrote:
lol~ thanks for the welcome ESB. *thumbs up* i don't want to get "noob sniped", as you guys put it, but i suppose i'll change my mind for the better do it anyways...and yes, that'll suffice, Crescendo. Thank you. Is there anything else that I should know that is not covered by the orientation?

-The polls and opinions sections are lame.
-Stay away from Rational Madman. He's an irrational mad man.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2014 5:18:53 PM

Given some of the things you've stated on here I'd be amazed if that were possible!!