Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 5:07:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/6/2014 5:05:49 PM, Mikal wrote:
bladerunner with a 20 part RFD

G effin G

http://www.debate.org...

Wylted has a theory that bladerunner's, Romani and white flame are all perhaps trying to compensate for something with their absurdly long RFDs....
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 5:08:03 PM
At 6/6/2014 5:07:28 PM, Envisage wrote:

G effin G

Wylted has a theory that bladerunner's, Romani and white flame are all perhaps trying to compensate for something with their absurdly long RFDs....

Probably true.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 5:21:41 PM
Well, it's better than the old complaint of bare RFDs.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 6:14:15 PM

G effin G

The reason I like these, even though I don't think they're necessary, is that they are the best known way to inoculate judges against allegations debaters make that range from "stupid judge didn't read my debate!" to "stupid judge was biased against me!"

In reality, that debate needed one sentence: "PRO failed to meet his burden of proof, therefore CON wins." But, it's nice for everyone to see the thought process behind arriving at that conclusion.
Tsar of DDO
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 7:22:41 PM
At 6/6/2014 5:29:49 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:

G effin G

Well damn.

Hall of Fame, anyone?

I agree. We need to create a DDO Hall of Fame category specifically for votes, and this one would definitely be nominated.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 7:28:43 PM
At 6/6/2014 5:21:41 PM, ClassicRobert wrote:
Well, it's better than the old complaint of bare RFDs.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 7:32:44 PM
At 6/6/2014 5:07:28 PM, Envisage wrote:

G effin G

Lol I don't deserve to be grouped in with them. My RFDs are pathetic in comparison to their RFDs -_-
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 7:37:32 PM
To answer your question Mikal, a debate and an "RFD," if one can call it that. :P
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 8:45:25 PM
"If you can't say it simply, then you probably don't understand it."

Einstein
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 9:00:20 PM
At 6/6/2014 8:45:25 PM, sadolite wrote:

Einstein

Blade can say it simply... but he shows his work for all those who can't just make the intellectual leaps on their own.
Tsar of DDO
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 9:04:05 PM
At 6/6/2014 9:00:20 PM, YYW wrote:

Einstein

Blade can say it simply... but he shows his work for all those who can't just make the intellectual leaps on their own.

If one is trying to reach those who can't make intellectual leaps, why on earth would one make what one has to say complicated? It's an oxymoron.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 9:08:04 PM
At 6/6/2014 9:04:05 PM, sadolite wrote:

Einstein

If one is trying to reach those who can't make intellectual leaps, why on earth would one make what one has to say complicated? It's an oxymoron.

The point, in that case, isn't to reach them... it's to indicate to them that you know what you're talking about whether they get it or not.
Tsar of DDO
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 10:34:24 PM
At 6/6/2014 6:14:15 PM, YYW wrote:

G effin G

The reason I like these, even though I don't think they're necessary, is that they are the best known way to inoculate judges against allegations debaters make that range from "stupid judge didn't read my debate!" to "stupid judge was biased against me!"

In reality, that debate needed one sentence: "PRO failed to meet his burden of proof, therefore CON wins." But, it's nice for everyone to see the thought process behind arriving at that conclusion.

Bleh. I'd rather see an explanation of why the person voted the way they did, because then it gives their vote more credibility and is better feedback for the debaters for future debates...
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 10:36:39 PM
At 6/6/2014 10:34:24 PM, zmikecuber wrote:

G effin G

Bleh. I'd rather see an explanation of why the person voted the way they did, because then it gives their vote more credibility and is better feedback for the debaters for future debates...

youre back!
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
zmikecuber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 10:37:35 PM
At 6/6/2014 10:36:39 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

G effin G

youre back!

Yeah :P but I'll just be here and there... not sure how active I'll be.
"Delete your fvcking sig" -1hard

"primal man had the habit, when he came into contact with fire, of satisfying the infantile desire connected with it, by putting it out with a stream of his urine... Putting out the fire by micturating was therefore a kind of sexual act with a male, an enjoyment of sexual potency in a homosexual competition."
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2014 10:44:51 PM
At 6/6/2014 10:37:35 PM, zmikecuber wrote:
At 6/6/2014 10:36:39 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

G effin G

youre back!

Yeah :P but I'll just be here and there... not sure how active I'll be.

Hey man.
0x5f3759df
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 7:46:32 PM
At 6/6/2014 9:08:04 PM, YYW wrote:

Einstein

The point, in that case, isn't to reach them... it's to indicate to them that you know what you're talking about whether they get it or not.

How does one prove they know what they are talking about when what they say doesn't prove anything, But only makes no sense to the person reading what they said.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2014 10:19:19 PM
At 6/7/2014 7:46:32 PM, sadolite wrote:

Einstein

How does one prove they know what they are talking about when what they say doesn't prove anything, But only makes no sense to the person reading what they said.

RFD's make sense to people who read the debate and then read the RFD...
Tsar of DDO
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 5:50:26 PM
At 6/7/2014 10:19:19 PM, YYW wrote:
At 6/7/2014 7:46:32 PM, sadolite wrote:

Einstein

RFD's make sense to people who read the debate and then read the RFD...

I'm just busting your balls using your circular logic. LOL