Jump to topic:

Anyone Want to Debate?

progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 5:55:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm trying to plan a few debates for later in the summer. I'll take almost any troll debate, perhaps even right now, but I'd like to plan some serious policy debates as well.

Things I want to Debate:

"Unemployment is Primarily Structural (Pro) as opposed to Cyclical (Con)" (Con)
"Market Monetarist's suggestion of NGDP targeting is, on balance, a "Volcker Moment." (Con)
"On balance, raising the minimum wage is economically desirable." (Pro)
"Solipsism is a valid theory of mind." (Con)
"Taxes on the top 1 percent ought to be increased (Pro) as opposed to cut (Con)" (Pro)

Other than that, there a myriad of economic and philosophy debates I'd probably be willing to take on at some point.

Anyone interested?
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 5:56:38 PM
At 6/8/2014 5:55:21 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:
I'm trying to plan a few debates for later in the summer. I'll take almost any troll debate, perhaps even right now, but I'd like to plan some serious policy debates as well.

Things I want to Debate:

"Market Monetarist's suggestion of NGDP targeting is, on balance, a "Volcker Moment." (Con)
"Taxes on the top 1 percent ought to be increased (Pro) as opposed to cut (Con)" (Pro)

Other than that, there a myriad of economic and philosophy debates I'd probably be willing to take on at some point.

Anyone interested?

Eh, I need to tinker around the wording of some of these resolutions. I just realized at least one of these could get sniped lol.

Just consider these a list of possible targets.
CJKAllstar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 11:17:19 AM
At 6/8/2014 5:56:38 PM, progressivedem22 wrote:

Things I want to Debate:

Anyone interested?

Eh, I need to tinker around the wording of some of these resolutions. I just realized at least one of these could get sniped lol.

Just consider these a list of possible targets.

I'm not extremely experienced with economics/philosophy, but they are the exact areas I want to work on alongside politics, so I'll be perfectly happy debating you.
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." - George Orwell
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 11:29:30 AM

Things I want to Debate:

Anyone interested?

Would I just have to prove that it is possible or that it's true?
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 11:44:02 AM
Heh, I think we agree on too much. I'm not much of a philosophy debater, and it appears we're in the same line of thinking when it comes to most economic positions. I'd imagine our political bent is much the same, especially based on our Big Issues. Still, I'd like to debate at some point, just have to find the right area to do it.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2014 12:28:38 PM

Things I want to Debate:

Anyone interested?

I would do min wage with you.

Or solipsism I guess.