Jump to topic:

Debate

ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 8:24:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Does anyone feel like debating? I really wat to get into a deep argument with someone, but there are no topics that intrest me in the challenge section. The two debates I am in, have me waiting three days to post, which is slightly annoying. Feel free to present me with a challenge.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 9:46:26 PM
At 6/8/2014 8:24:39 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Does anyone feel like debating? I really wat to get into a deep argument with someone, but there are no topics that intrest me in the challenge section. The two debates I am in, have me waiting three days to post, which is slightly annoying. Feel free to present me with a challenge.

What the heck? Do you honestly believe that debate.org actually have anything to do with debate? Hahahaha... these noobs kill me!
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 9:48:07 PM
At 6/8/2014 9:23:34 PM, whiteflame wrote:
What types of topics are you interested in?

Probably more along the lines of world politics and diplomacy. I can probably dabble well in other areas though. I'm a fiendish money bags, but I wouldn't consider myself an expert on making it.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 9:59:31 PM
At 6/8/2014 9:46:26 PM, Geogeer wrote:

What the heck? Do you honestly believe that debate.org actually have anything to do with debate? Hahahaha... these noobs kill me!

It certainly doesn't feel like a debate site.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 10:00:10 PM

Penis- pro
#FeeltheFreezerBern
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 10:04:43 PM
At 6/8/2014 9:48:07 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

Probably more along the lines of world politics and diplomacy. I can probably dabble well in other areas though. I'm a fiendish money bags, but I wouldn't consider myself an expert on making it.

I'm good with both politics and diplomacy. I don't know much about your leanings, so I can't be sure what you would take to specifically. What are you views on the following:

Nuclear weapons and their availability
Intervention in North Korea
Gun control measures in the U.S.
Energy policy in the U.S. (Keystone Pipeline and fracking, specifically)
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 10:14:35 PM
At 6/8/2014 10:04:43 PM, whiteflame wrote:

I'm good with both politics and diplomacy. I don't know much about your leanings, so I can't be sure what you would take to specifically. What are you views on the following:

I think the Nuclear DIsarament policy sought by Obama is a good start. Alliance collaboration on nukes should be outlawed by international law. NATO should pressure Israel and India to disarm.

Foreign policy should continue to support MAD in North Korea, for all nations

Already took two of these. Guns aren't the problem. Gun culture is.

My views have really been non existent. Enviormnetalists are great, up to the point where they hurt revenue.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 10:34:36 PM
At 6/8/2014 10:14:35 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

I think the Nuclear DIsarament policy sought by Obama is a good start. Alliance collaboration on nukes should be outlawed by international law. NATO should pressure Israel and India to disarm.

These two seem to be at odds. You're for disarmament, and yet you support MAD? I think we'll have something here in any case, if only on pressuring Israel to disarm, though I'd like to clarify this first, because there might be an overarching issue that I'm more directly opposed to.

Well, I'd be willing to have another, though you'd have to make it clear what your policy would be in order to modify gun culture.

My views have really been non existent. Enviormnetalists are great, up to the point where they hurt revenue.

In both cases, revenue is "hurt" by not pursuing the policy. I'd be happy to debate Con on either Keystone or fracking (I'd even go so far as to advocate a ban on the latter).
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 10:38:05 PM
At 6/8/2014 10:34:36 PM, whiteflame wrote:

These two seem to be at odds. You're for disarmament, and yet you support MAD? I think we'll have something here in any case, if only on pressuring Israel to disarm, though I'd like to clarify this first, because there might be an overarching issue that I'm more directly opposed to.

Disarament in third world nations, and reducing arsenals. Complete disarament is a foolish sham, which can never happen. I did mean MAD as in our missiles. We have them aimed at kim's palace, and Kim has them pointed on Seoul (Non-Nuclear missiles)

Well, I'd be willing to have another, though you'd have to make it clear what your policy would be in order to modify gun culture.

In both cases, revenue is "hurt" by not pursuing the policy. I'd be happy to debate Con on either Keystone or fracking (I'd even go so far as to advocate a ban on the latter).

Not intrested, sorry. Not one for fracking though. I do support our oil wells in Alaska.=, but I feel government designated mining territories need to end. Alaska has tons of job potential, that was carved up by hungry oligarchs.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 10:42:07 PM
At 6/8/2014 10:38:05 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/8/2014 10:34:36 PM, whiteflame wrote:

Disarament in third world nations, and reducing arsenals. Complete disarament is a foolish sham, which can never happen. I did mean MAD as in our missiles. We have them aimed at kim's palace, and Kim has them pointed on Seoul (Non-Nuclear missiles)

That makes more sense, seems like we're not completely at odds here. I'd still say we might find grounds for debate in NATO pushing for Israel's disarmament. Something to consider.

Not intrested, sorry. Not one for fracking though. I do support our oil wells in Alaska.=, but I feel government designated mining territories need to end. Alaska has tons of job potential, that was carved up by hungry oligarchs.

Alright. Well, if environmental policy is off the table, then I leave it to you to choose between the Israel debate and a gun control debate.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 10:44:45 PM

We can debate something regarding Russia. I have a lot of strong stances regarding their foreign policy, and deceptive diplomacy. Probably something involving Georgia, Azerbaijan, Moldova, or Ukraine.

The GUAM nations are all under illegal Russian, and Russian backed Armenian occupation.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 10:49:50 PM
At 6/8/2014 10:44:45 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

We can debate something regarding Russia. I have a lot of strong stances regarding their foreign policy, and deceptive diplomacy. Probably something involving Georgia, Azerbaijan, Moldova, or Ukraine.

The GUAM nations are all under illegal Russian, and Russian backed Armenian occupation.

Honestly, it's not an area I know a tremendous amount about. It's something I need to spend some time catching up on, time I really don't have at the moment.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 10:51:38 PM
At 6/8/2014 10:49:50 PM, whiteflame wrote:

Honestly, it's not an area I know a tremendous amount about. It's something I need to spend some time catching up on, time I really don't have at the moment.

I have been debating people on other sites for awhile not about it. Its the sole topic on most forums. That would be the subject. I'm most passionate about.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 10:52:58 PM
At 6/8/2014 10:51:38 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

I have been debating people on other sites for awhile not about it. Its the sole topic on most forums. That would be the subject. I'm most passionate about.

That's fine, and I imagine if you open up a debate to that effect you'll find someone willing to debate it. Just not me.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 10:54:54 PM
At 6/8/2014 10:52:58 PM, whiteflame wrote:

That's fine, and I imagine if you open up a debate to that effect you'll find someone willing to debate it. Just not me.

Your debate record shows that you are a formidable opponent, regardless of the topic. I reason you could put up a fight no matter the circumstances.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 10:56:41 PM
At 6/8/2014 10:54:54 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/8/2014 10:52:58 PM, whiteflame wrote:

Your debate record shows that you are a formidable opponent, regardless of the topic. I reason you could put up a fight no matter the circumstances.

If I had a clear week to research the topic, especially something that involves so much background knowledge of so many countries, I'd agree with you. I don't have that kind of time. There are a number of subjects that aren't so in depth that I'd be happy to discuss, even if I don't fully understand them, but Russian foreign policy is not one of them.