Jump to topic:

The Most Stupid Debating Challenge

CJKAllstar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2014 11:09:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Due to my lack of actual challenge in debating, I'd like to do right now what is the most stupid thing and an almost sure way to lose my next debate.

In short, I will challenge anybody who regards themselves as very highly skilled, or are known to be very good debaters on this website, on anything of their choice. ANYTHING.

I will probably fail, this is probably stupid, but I am challenging any pro at debating here on this website on anything of their choice. The only boundaries, are that it must be political or economic, but other than that, I will accept the next debate I am offered, by anybody on this website who deems themselves good. Whiteflame, RoyLatham, bluesteel, etc.

Basically I'm calling all of you out. I challenge thee, to any debate of their choice. First come first serve. Most likely going to be another few points to your monumental ELOs, but it will definitely be a learning process for me. So...yeah. I challenge any pro, to a debate of their choice. Wow. I'm screwed.
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." - George Orwell
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2014 12:10:47 PM
At 6/10/2014 11:09:45 AM, CJKAllstar wrote:
Due to my lack of actual challenge in debating, I'd like to do right now what is the most stupid thing and an almost sure way to lose my next debate.

In short, I will challenge anybody who regards themselves as very highly skilled, or are known to be very good debaters on this website, on anything of their choice. ANYTHING.

I will probably fail, this is probably stupid, but I am challenging any pro at debating here on this website on anything of their choice. The only boundaries, are that it must be political or economic, but other than that, I will accept the next debate I am offered, by anybody on this website who deems themselves good. Whiteflame, RoyLatham, bluesteel, etc.

Basically I'm calling all of you out. I challenge thee, to any debate of their choice. First come first serve. Most likely going to be another few points to your monumental ELOs, but it will definitely be a learning process for me. So...yeah. I challenge any pro, to a debate of their choice. Wow. I'm screwed.

I will debate you:

RESOLVED: A square has four corners

I will be Pro, of course :-D
CJKAllstar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2014 12:17:21 PM
At 6/10/2014 12:10:47 PM, Envisage wrote:

I will debate you:

Wow. I figured this would happen.
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." - George Orwell
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2014 12:23:33 PM
At 6/10/2014 12:17:21 PM, CJKAllstar wrote:
At 6/10/2014 12:10:47 PM, Envisage wrote:

I will debate you:

Wow. I figured this would happen.

*hug*
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
CJKAllstar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2014 12:29:19 PM
Ah ha! A loophole!

it must be political or economic

Saved myself there...
NiamC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2014 12:31:08 PM

I would probably try to debate you, but I remember what happened last time....
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Niam est amor, vita Niam
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2014 12:32:36 PM
At 6/10/2014 12:29:19 PM, CJKAllstar wrote:
Ah ha! A loophole!

Saved myself there...

Ok...

"Australia exists"

Which I think classifies as political

Or...

"Arnold Schwazenneger will be the next president of North Korea"
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2014 12:39:53 PM
At 6/10/2014 12:32:36 PM, Envisage wrote:
Ah ha! A loophole!

Saved myself there...

Ok...

"Australia exists"

Or...

This is gonna test his abilities a lot...
Take it easy on him, would you? :P
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2014 2:00:40 PM

Heh, I'll take you on at some point if you like. I wouldn't give you a topic that I didn't feel could be argued from the other side, and I'd rather that we discussed said topic a bit to make sure you have some idea of what you're getting into rather than just being thrown into something you know nothing about. I've got some ideas in mind, though we can talk about it either here or by PM.
progressivedem22
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2014 2:04:45 PM
At 6/10/2014 12:32:36 PM, Envisage wrote:
Ah ha! A loophole!

Saved myself there...

Ok...

"Australia exists"

Or...

I'll totally debate Australia with you.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2014 2:07:16 PM

Fine, I'll take you up on this challenge....

"The US would not be a super power if we abolished currency"
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8