Total Posts:2|Showing Posts:1-2
Jump to topic:

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 8:42:11 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
It is often said that well read people make the best debaters, the reason I believe, is that unlike in rhetorical speeches debates, especially written ones, are much more logical and to the point; they often use statistics and require in depth analysis. I thought it would be good where one could post the books they are currently reading, or would like to read and how it is relevant to a certain debate topic!

Personally I recently went through Evelyn Gates' book: "Einstein's Telescope". It talks not only about the theory of relativity and introduces one to basic ideas of physics but it shows absolutely why Creationism cannot be correct. I mean we can see light that is 13.8 billion years ago called the Cosmic Microwave Background and talks in depth about dark matter, dark energy, MACHO's, WIMP's and of course those wonderful telescopes that are formed due to the curvature of space-time the galactic Einstein's Telescopes.

I would suggest all to read this book as I believe it is neccessary for one to possess basic knowledge of Physics. Most of the people do not know that the seen Universe accounts for only 4 or 5% of the Universe and that the rest is named "dark" which comprises of dark matter and dark energy. Then there is anti-matter, and of course reading this book gives one a good understanding of the Big Bang. I found it intriguing that the Big Bang was not a bang, but rather a huge expansion where the Universe started expanding from a point where it was condensed in the dot of this i.

So this is my recommendation for debaters, currently I am reading Dostoevsky's: "The Brothers Karamazov" which is wonderful and have started "When China Rules The World" by Martin Jacques today.
#Addison/Blade-of-Truth: I slapped a girl on the arse once with a piece of uncooked chicken, things got weird.
You threw it away, right? -Ajab
Oh lord did you eat it?
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 1:15:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
One of my favorite books is called "The Very Hungry Caterpillar." It is easy to understand and it's a gripping thriller. You should read it sometime.
My View of the World:

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):