Jump to topic:

People who deliberately break debate rules

ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 10:53:06 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
What should be done about them? I think there should be a 7 point full forfeit in place. Its a shame. I was really looking forward to a nice debate on the merits of elephant polo.

My favorite team, the Afghaniphants, failed to make it to the WEPA championships in Thailand. Team Switzerland and Iceland are moving up to the big leagues.

http://www.debate.org...

Her argument that she's being fair to me is total BS. I made it a rule to go first.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:06:00 PM
"Off with their head!!!"
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:09:09 PM
I mean, it doesn't seem like a big deal in that case.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:09:54 PM
At 6/12/2014 11:06:00 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
"Off with their head!!!"

If it were up to me, they would have to face the Trial of Siam. Which in eastern indian culture, refers to the survival of a Elephant Stampede.

Leave someone in a small circular arena filled with 5 hormone injected Elephants. That should be a sport.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:11:19 PM
At 6/12/2014 11:09:09 PM, bsh1 wrote:

I told my opponent to go first. I don't usually do that when I hold the BOP, but when I am debating a topic that seems ridiculous at first (it really isn't), I think its wise to get your opponents objections out right away.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
iamanatheistandthisiswhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 1:44:25 AM
At 6/12/2014 11:11:19 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

I told my opponent to go first. I don't usually do that when I hold the BOP, but when I am debating a topic that seems ridiculous at first (it really isn't), I think its wise to get your opponents objections out right away.

I agree it does not seem like a big deal and the first round doe say "BOP will be on my opponent to prove its a terrible idea." So technically they can say you do not have BOP. Its all kinda irrelevant. But that's just my 2 cents.

Enjoy the debate and send a link when its done. I would like to read it in its totality.
NiamC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 2:29:45 PM
At 6/12/2014 10:53:06 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
What should be done about them? I think there should be a 7 point full forfeit in place. Its a shame. I was really looking forward to a nice debate on the merits of elephant polo.

My favorite team, the Afghaniphants, failed to make it to the WEPA championships in Thailand. Team Switzerland and Iceland are moving up to the big leagues.

http://www.debate.org...

Her argument that she's being fair to me is total BS. I made it a rule to go first.

FIRING SQUAD!
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Niam est amor, vita Niam
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
Linkish1O2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 7:02:05 PM
At 6/12/2014 11:09:54 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
"Off with their head!!!"

If it were up to me, they would have to face the Trial of Siam. Which in eastern indian culture, refers to the survival of a Elephant Stampede.

Leave someone in a small circular arena filled with 5 hormone injected Elephants. That should be a sport.

By the way I spent a quality amount of time looking that up to see if it where real........and it seems like whatever this is, is a complete fake.
"I am a mystery and to unlock the mystery at my core, one must simply embrace slendermans hug with no fear."- me

"I hearby declare myself a phantom in the darkness."-me
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 7:26:48 PM
Just to clarify, Is it wrong to break the rules or is it relative and can one weigh the consequences of breaking the rules and choose to or not to based on the consequence?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 8:07:35 PM
At 6/13/2014 7:02:05 PM, Linkish1O2 wrote:
At 6/12/2014 11:09:54 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
"Off with their head!!!"

By the way I spent a quality amount of time looking that up to see if it where real........and it seems like whatever this is, is a complete fake.

It could be. I don't exactly believe everything I see on the internet.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 9:46:04 PM

Your opponent was being courteous and the rules breach wasn't serious. She would've had the first and last words, which she obviously thought was unfair. Let's be reasonable--not EVERY breach of rules is worth fussing over.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 9:47:11 PM
At 6/13/2014 9:46:04 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Your opponent was being courteous and the rules breach wasn't serious. She would've had the first and last words, which she obviously thought was unfair. Let's be reasonable--not EVERY breach of rules is worth fussing over.

How did I breach the rules? Please tell me. That was the whole controversy in the first place. Saying god is deist isn't a rule breach at all. This was pre meditated.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 9:47:40 PM

Oh sorry, I thought we were talking on another forum.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 9:49:16 PM
At 6/13/2014 9:47:11 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

How did I breach the rules?

I never said you did.

Please tell me. That was the whole controversy in the first place. Saying god is deist isn't a rule breach at all. This was pre meditated.

The controversy was, to quote you verbatim, "told my opponent to go first." You were upset when she failed to do that.

I maintain that her failure to comply with that rule wasn't serious. How--in any way--is your reply responsive to my post?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2014 9:49:34 PM
At 6/13/2014 9:47:40 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:

Oh sorry, I thought we were talking on another forum.

*rolls eyes*
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics