Jump to topic:

Questions re: Awards Ceremony

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:07:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Daytona, and Imabench (using Daytona as a Proxy) have impugned my integrity as a user and as a friend, and have questioned the validity of the Awards Ceremony's outcome. They assert that it was "rigged."

Daytona has given me 8 minutes to post the results publicly, or he will go public with his accusations, the intimation being that it would damage Blade and I's campaign. Certainly, I stand by the accuracy of my results, but I voice several concerns to him in our PM which he has failed to take into consideration.

Namely (1) that competitors are entitled to their pricacy (particular those who did not score well), and (2) maintaining the privacy of the judges is key to ensure impartial adjudication of future competitions.

Therefore, I refuse to display those results publicly or to show them to entrants in the competition. I did suggest a compromise solution, whereby Daytona and I each selected a proxy and those proxies would review my tabulation data. If they found that I had been dishonest in my dealing, they could go public with the information. If they found that I hadn't, then the issue would be ended.

Daytona was okay with this proposal, with one exception. he only wanted his emissary to look at the data, and not allow me a choice to select an intermediary. He has since attempted to blackmail me, implicitly and explicitly, into revealing the data publicly.

I am not going to compromise my principles because it suits Daytona's urges. I consider myself a trustworthy person, which means keeping the trust and privacy of others and the integrity of the system intact. I am saddened by this course of events and deeply hurt that I have been accused of improprieties. Thus, I am posting this now because I refuse to be compromised, and I wish to express my side of this disagreement with everyone, and to urge Daytona to agree to my proposed solution.

Thank you.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:09:20 PM
With all due respect, it's a competition for fun. God... Please help these people...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:09:38 PM
At 6/12/2014 11:07:14 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Daytona, and Imabench (using Daytona as a Proxy) have impugned my integrity as a user and as a friend, and have questioned the validity of the Awards Ceremony's outcome. They assert that it was "rigged."

Daytona has given me 8 minutes to post the results publicly, or he will go public with his accusations, the intimation being that it would damage Blade and I's campaign. Certainly, I stand by the accuracy of my results, but I voice several concerns to him in our PM which he has failed to take into consideration.

Namely (1) that competitors are entitled to their pricacy (particular those who did not score well), and (2) maintaining the privacy of the judges is key to ensure impartial adjudication of future competitions.

Therefore, I refuse to display those results publicly or to show them to entrants in the competition. I did suggest a compromise solution, whereby Daytona and I each selected a proxy and those proxies would review my tabulation data. If they found that I had been dishonest in my dealing, they could go public with the information. If they found that I hadn't, then the issue would be ended.

Daytona was okay with this proposal, with one exception. he only wanted his emissary to look at the data, and not allow me a choice to select an intermediary. He has since attempted to blackmail me, implicitly and explicitly, into revealing the data publicly.

I am not going to compromise my principles because it suits Daytona's urges. I consider myself a trustworthy person, which means keeping the trust and privacy of others and the integrity of the system intact. I am saddened by this course of events and deeply hurt that I have been accused of improprieties. Thus, I am posting this now because I refuse to be compromised, and I wish to express my side of this disagreement with everyone, and to urge Daytona to agree to my proposed solution.

Except, if you look up the definition of blackmail, you would clearly see that I am not blackmailing you at all, so nice try on the false claims.

Thank you.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:09:48 PM
At 6/12/2014 11:09:20 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
With all due respect, it's a competition for fun. God... Please help these people...
Tsar of DDO
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:09:57 PM

Not bsh
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:10:23 PM

Thank you.

Dude a guy that rage quit and a guy with 2 votes is threatening your campaign. There is no campaign, you guys won

No one ever will take that serious, nor does anyone care. Affirming this via giant google + hangout. Great job on the awards and thank you for taking the time to do them.

Butt hurt they lost, end story.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:10:47 PM
w..t...f...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:12:06 PM
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:12:13 PM
At 6/12/2014 11:10:23 PM, Mikal wrote:

Thank you.

Dude a guy that rage quit and a guy with 2 votes is threatening your campaign. There is no campaign, you guys won

No one ever will take that serious, nor does anyone care. Affirming this via giant google + hangout. Great job on the awards and thank you for taking the time to do them.

Butt hurt they lost, end story.

*claps*
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:12:45 PM
don't take false accusations seriously, just ignore it and move on. But I entirely agree with your method of addressing this. I mean literally though, it annoys me as well. You took the time to work the awards up, but effort into the structure of it, and even took time to moderate it

No one will ever question you integrity. Ima can fuk himself for asserting that
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:13:14 PM
At 6/12/2014 11:12:45 PM, Mikal wrote:
don't take false accusations seriously, just ignore it and move on. But I entirely agree with your method of addressing this. I mean literally though, it annoys me as well. You took the time to work the awards up, but effort into the structure of it, and even took time to moderate it

Perfectly said.
Tsar of DDO
SPENCERJOYAGE14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:13:25 PM
I'm so fancy, you already know.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:13:27 PM
At 6/12/2014 11:10:23 PM, Mikal wrote:

Thanks. I still feel like I should find some way to address Daytona's concerns, if only to affirm my own integrity.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:13:43 PM
At 6/12/2014 11:09:38 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

Except, if you look up the definition of blackmail, you would clearly see that I am not blackmailing you at all, so nice try on the false claims.

Thank you.

*slowly claps*
Clap... Clap... Clap... -_-
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:15:37 PM
Guys, please calm down... Please... It is a frickin thing for fun... Please
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

SPENCERJOYAGE14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:16:38 PM

Thank you.

Don't worry Bsh, everyone loves you and trusts you. I and many many others would never have even thought to doubt your motives. Please don't be hurt. :/
I'm so fancy, you already know.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:18:13 PM
At 6/12/2014 11:17:21 PM, XLAV wrote:
Are you people really going to make a drama out of this?

I didn't realize there was drama until I was PM'd about it.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:18:25 PM
RIP thread
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:19:07 PM

He escalated it to a thread. I wasn't going to do so myself. I personally wanted this to be resolved in PMs, but him being uncooperative has balooned this into something we didn't want.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:19:44 PM
At 6/12/2014 11:16:38 PM, SPENCERJOYAGE14 wrote:
Don't worry Bsh, everyone loves you and trusts you. I and many many others would never have even thought to doubt your motives. Please don't be hurt. :/

I am a bit hurt, to be honest. I take my integrity very seriously. God knows I'm not always honest or in the right, but I do try to be a conscientious voter, mod, and user--to learn from my mistakes. I feel personally attacked in a sense. IDK...Daytona and I used to get along really well.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:19:56 PM
At 6/12/2014 11:12:45 PM, Mikal wrote:

^^^ my thoughts exactly ^^^
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:20:50 PM
At 6/12/2014 11:19:44 PM, bsh1 wrote:

I am a bit hurt, to be honest. I take my integrity very seriously. God knows I'm not always honest or in the right, but I do try to be a conscientious voter, mod, and user--to learn from my mistakes. I feel personally attacked in a sense. IDK...Daytona and I used to get along really well.

Had you been cooperative, and take proper steps to assure your trustworthyness, we wouldn't be here.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:21:03 PM
At 6/12/2014 11:19:07 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

He escalated it to a thread. I wasn't going to do so myself. I personally wanted this to be resolved in PMs, but him being uncooperative has balooned this into something we didn't want.

It was supposed to be for fun!!! -_-
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:22:04 PM
At 6/12/2014 11:20:50 PM, daytonanerd wrote:

Had you been cooperative, and take proper steps to assure your trustworthyness, we wouldn't be here.

Dude, calm your tits please.
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:22:40 PM
At 6/12/2014 11:21:03 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

It was supposed to be for fun!!! -_-

Well, I expected some trust in this fun, not cheats. All of the steps that Bsh has taken have led me to really doubt the legitimacy.
#FeeltheFreezerBern
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:22:42 PM

I was cooperative. I suggested an alternative solution to our problem, which you rejected. I then suggest that you pick two emissaries, and I only pick one, and you never responded to that offer. You just gave me ultimatums, which is far less cooperative than I was.

I didn't know I had to assure my trustworthiness. I thought I had earned it through my 9 months on this site.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:23:19 PM

He handled it the way he should have. When you threaten someones integrity or say you are going to address it publicly then his response to this is validated.

He has no need, or no right to post the results of the contest. 2 of 3 judges have stated they do not want the results public. Pushing for that after the individuals requested privacy, and threatening the person who moderated the contest is scummy as hell

VTL daytona
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2014 11:23:57 PM
At 6/12/2014 11:22:42 PM, bsh1 wrote:

I was cooperative. I suggested an alternative solution to our problem, which you rejected. I then suggest that you pick two emissaries, and I only pick one, and you never responded to that offer. You just gave me ultimatums, which is far less cooperative than I was.

I responded. Have Bench and Bullish with you and Khaos. You didn't want that.

I didn't know I had to assure my trustworthiness. I thought I had earned it through my 9 months on this site.

I have been on here for 2 years, and you are attacking me.
#FeeltheFreezerBern