Jump to topic:

DDO House of Cards (Episode 6)

daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2014 5:51:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
*Sigh* I don't want to talk about everything that's happened, but chances are, you probably know. So, now, with that out of the way, here is episode 6 of DDO House of Cards!

DDO House of Cards Episode 6
Written by: Daytonanerd
=======================================================
"Today's guest on the Situation Room, the most controversial man in the country. Senator Seventhprofessor is here with us to address the comments he made during an earlier speech broadcast on CNN."-Wolf Blitzer

"Thank you, Wolf, for having me on the show. I went on the air today to publicly apologize for the comments I made previously. Folks of Muslim America, I sincerely apologize for my offensive comments I made about having cameras in mosques, and accusing your community of carrying out the attacks in Miami. My comments were inappropriate, and the decisions I made were made in haste. Simply put, I was wrong. I am hoping that we can put this chapter in history behind us, and work together for a better America."-Seventhprofessor

"Seventh, you must know that people have been calling for your resignation. What do you say to that?"-Wolf Blitzer

"Well, I perfectly understand why the calls for resignation have been made. I really don't blame them for demanding that I resign. However, resigning is not an option for me. Why? Because I signed on for a job when I became a senator. My job is to make America, with all of my power, the best place that it could possibly be. Every single one of my decisions, have come from my concern from America, even bad decisions. However, other people don't hold that kind of respect for the country. I cannot let those people take my seat in the senate. That is why I have no plans of resigning."-Seventh

See, a simple press release would have done nothing. No, that would show apathy. I needed to do it live, to admit that I was wrong. Did it heal the wound? No. The blow was only softened. This was a start. The only real way for this mess to be put behind us is for another tragedy to happen. Luckily, right before this interview started, I got a notification on my phone. A shooting has started at a school in Tampa. I suspect breaking news will go off in five, four, three, two...

"THIS IS CNN, BREAKING NEWS!"-James Earl Jones
"Well, hearing all the details, Seventhprofessor, since you're right here in the studio with us, tell us your input on the situation."-Wolf Blitzer

"Well, this is a real tragedy. So far, 8 students are dead, and it's still not over. This is just terrible, what's going on. I'm not going to be proposing some kind of political move from this tragedy. We should not be trying to profit from disasters like this, for some political capital. What I am going to be doing right now is praying for the families of the deceased students, and praying for this tragedy to end quickly."-Seventhprofessor

I am not going to deal with another public relations disaster. I am going to play it cool, so that I can go unscathed from this. Now that I didn't give a big reaction like everyone expected, now all the eyes go to one person. Airmax.
I was on a group call with Airmax after the interview, talking about his strategy for the press conference. I may not be Mr. Clean, but I am still in the leadership.

"Alright. I am going to make a push for gun control. I'll say that it is the only way to stop tragedies like these."-President Airmax

"Yeah, I agree Mr. President. It is the safe choice, and it will satisfy the Democratic Party."-Vice President Thett

"Airmax, before you go through with that, I encourage you to look at the other side to this."- Seventhprofessor

"What do you mean, Seventh?"-Airmax

"Well, here's the thing. If you go out full support for gun control, you're going to isolate the entirety of the Republican Party, and the House will immediately turn against you. The Republicans may have a fractured party between the Tea Party and the Careers, but if there's one thing they can agree upon, it is no gun control. If you go for the gun control, Airmax, not only will they block that bill, they will turn against all of your future efforts."-Seventh

Silence...

"Alright. You do raise a good point. I will consider it, and I will carry out the conference in 10 minutes."-Airmax

This may not change his stance on the issue. But what it does do, it plants of seed of doubt in Airmax's mind. When he delivers his answer, it will be in a degree of hesitance so that not only the Republicans go against him, the Democrats will be mad, because he hesitated with his answer, and doesn't have a solid stance.
I watched the conference on CSPAN. After delivering his initial statement, which actually didn't mention gun control, the press immediately asked him questions. Endarkenedrationalist, somehow obtaining a White House Press Pass, asked him the question of truth.

"Mr. President, after this tragedy, what is your stance on the issue of gun control?"-Endarkenedrationalist

A moment of silence, no doubt caused by hesitation

The seed is growing...

"Well... uh..."

The seed is no longer a sapling...

"Well, I won't be taking a stance on the issue."

A gasp went throughout the press room, audible even on TV. My only reaction was to smile.

Endarkenedrationalist followed up on his first question:

"Mr. President, may I ask... Why?"-Endarkened

"Well, because... Because I don't feel strongly about either side of the debate to take a stance..."-Airmax

Airmax stopped right there, and his eyes grew big. He knew the mistake that he just made. This went WAY better than I planned.

"This press conference is over."-Airmax

The president practically ran away from the flashes of lights that the cameras were making.

See, this is how you bounce back from a political disaster. Not only has the entire country forgotten about my controversial remarks, Airmax, the target of my vengeance, is now on the receiving end of the wrath of the press. Now, I can get back to business, and ride this wave to carry out a great offensive.

My mission continues...

#FeeltheFreezerBern
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2014 5:56:08 PM
Very nice.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2014 8:25:00 PM
Seventh and I just placed the first nail in Airmax's coffin. I approve. :-)

Another fantastic episode! And pretty spot-on. No one (maybe the Republicans) will remember Seventh's comments about Muslims after this Airmax debacle. It's like Underwood said - kill, and throw them something fresher.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2014 9:09:56 PM
I'm not sure what side I am taking as of the moment...

Seventh:
-is a sweetheart.
-the whole Muslim fiasco

Max:
-is a meanie
-is trying to do what he thinks is best as President.

Right now, I am leaning slightly Seventh so congrats on the wittiness.
Everything seems to be falling back into place.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2014 9:52:10 AM
At 6/14/2014 8:25:00 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:
Seventh and I just placed the first nail in Airmax's coffin. I approve. :-)

Another fantastic episode! And pretty spot-on. No one (maybe the Republicans) will remember Seventh's comments about Muslims after this Airmax debacle. It's like Underwood said - kill, and throw them something fresher.

Yeah, this is the end of the disaster story arc that started in Episode 4, and now were moving to the big story of the season.
#FeeltheFreezerBern