Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2014 3:48:15 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/15/2014 1:49:07 PM, Mikal wrote:

Wow.
I'm...I'm lost for words.
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." - George Orwell
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2014 4:37:08 PM
At 6/15/2014 4:04:06 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
I don't know what I just watched, but I'm glad I did.

I couldn't agree more.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2014 5:00:02 PM
It's a shame that the original Cuil search engine has been replaced by a google powered one. It was an interesting idea that sounds useful in theory, but didn't really work out as indicated in this video.
Debate.org Moderator
n7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2014 10:13:11 PM
So essentially it's a measurement of how hard you're tripping.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2014 5:31:57 PM
At 6/15/2014 5:00:02 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
It's a shame that the original Cuil search engine has been replaced by a google powered one. It was an interesting idea that sounds useful in theory, but didn't really work out as indicated in this video.

I'm confused... what does any of this have to do with search engines?
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2014 7:02:26 PM
At 6/16/2014 5:31:57 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 6/15/2014 5:00:02 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

I'm confused... what does any of this have to do with search engines?

This video isn't just some drug induced stream of consciousness, (though, it might be that too) it's about a former search engine called "Cuil". This video is satirizing what became known as the "Cuil meme".

The video description explains this pretty well:

"Explanation: There used to be a search engine called Cuil, which had it's own automated encyclopedia that would splice together sentences from within your search results to form a supposedly informative single article. Naturally, these articles were a jumbles mess because a search for Tom Cruise would lead to talking about Top Gun, then it starts talking about F-16 Tomcats, then it starts talking about domestic cats. Suddenly it reads like "Tom Cruise is a successful American actor who once male felines are a popular breed of cat that has 15,000 lbs carrying capacity for armaments."

Users would make fun of this by typing random things into Cuil and then laughing at the gibberish article they got. This became the cuil meme.

Depending on the nonsense level of what Cuil gave you, you would say that it had a certain number of "cuils". Reddit user RedDyeNumber4 took the cuil meme and established Cuil Theory. an attempt to regiment and define the different levels of nonsense."
Debate.org Moderator