Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Vote Bombing

ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 1:36:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
The inexperienced voter problem on this site is out of control. I've don 16 debates, and already, over 10 have been vote bombed in some way.

Stop these mad lunatics from voting on my debates.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 2:03:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/18/2014 1:36:19 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
The inexperienced voter problem on this site is out of control. I've don 16 debates, and already, over 10 have been vote bombed in some way.

Stop these mad lunatics from voting on my debates.

You vote bombed Zarroette's debate, on the front page. You have no room to talk.
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 2:07:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/18/2014 2:03:39 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/18/2014 1:36:19 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
The inexperienced voter problem on this site is out of control. I've don 16 debates, and already, over 10 have been vote bombed in some way.

Stop these mad lunatics from voting on my debates.

You vote bombed Zarroette's debate, on the front page. You have no room to talk.

That is your opinion. I summarized it in three pages, and added a TL;DR version that was longer than some of the votes on that debate.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 2:11:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/18/2014 2:07:39 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/18/2014 2:03:39 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/18/2014 1:36:19 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
The inexperienced voter problem on this site is out of control. I've don 16 debates, and already, over 10 have been vote bombed in some way.

Stop these mad lunatics from voting on my debates.

You vote bombed Zarroette's debate, on the front page. You have no room to talk.

That is your opinion. I summarized it in three pages, and added a TL;DR version that was longer than some of the votes on that debate.

It's not an opinion. It's fact. Tht was a vote bomb. When you try to find ways to justify awarding one side points, instead of evaluate the debate and award points in a fair and honest manner. Than you are vote bombing. I can go to all of your debates and do the same thing right now.
Geogeer
Posts: 4,276
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 2:36:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/18/2014 2:03:39 PM, Wylted wrote:
You vote bombed Zarroette's debate, on the front page. You have no room to talk.
thett3
Posts: 14,353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 2:38:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/18/2014 2:07:39 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/18/2014 2:03:39 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/18/2014 1:36:19 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
The inexperienced voter problem on this site is out of control. I've don 16 debates, and already, over 10 have been vote bombed in some way.

Stop these mad lunatics from voting on my debates.

You vote bombed Zarroette's debate, on the front page. You have no room to talk.

That is your opinion. I summarized it in three pages, and added a TL;DR version that was longer than some of the votes on that debate.

Uh huh.

"Conduct Point: Goes to Con for the constant straw man and "assertive claims" made by Pro towards Envisage. If that weren"t sufficient for my vote, then I would say harassment towards voters in the comments seals the deal."

That's a ridiculous thing to award conduct on. Especially the comments part--the comments section is 100% irrelevant to the scoring of the debate.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 2:40:02 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/18/2014 2:38:34 PM, thett3 wrote:
rds voters in the comments seals the deal."

That's a ridiculous thing to award conduct on. Especially the comments part--the comments section is 100% irrelevant to the scoring of the debate.

I do think that she used a lot of straw man on certain words like Envisage said. It was annoying seeing entire paragraphs made at arguments Envisage didn't make.

I was actually taking more along the lines of blatantly obvious vote bombs.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
thett3
Posts: 14,353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 2:41:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/18/2014 2:40:02 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/18/2014 2:38:34 PM, thett3 wrote:
rds voters in the comments seals the deal."

That's a ridiculous thing to award conduct on. Especially the comments part--the comments section is 100% irrelevant to the scoring of the debate.

I do think that she used a lot of straw man on certain words like Envisage said. It was annoying seeing entire paragraphs made at arguments Envisage didn't make.

Then that's an argument prioritization issue on Zarroette's part. If she's not making the arguments she needs to make, then you vote on arguments. You don't get to just decide that it's bad conduct to make bad arguments.

I was actually taking more along the lines of blatantly obvious vote bombs.

Report them and they'll get deleted....
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 2:43:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/18/2014 2:41:41 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 6/18/2014 2:40:02 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/18/2014 2:38:34 PM, thett3 wrote:
rds voters in the comments seals the deal."

That's a ridiculous thing to award conduct on. Especially the comments part--the comments section is 100% irrelevant to the scoring of the debate.

I do think that she used a lot of straw man on certain words like Envisage said. It was annoying seeing entire paragraphs made at arguments Envisage didn't make.

Then that's an argument prioritization issue on Zarroette's part. If she's not making the arguments she needs to make, then you vote on arguments. You don't get to just decide that it's bad conduct to make bad arguments.

IDK, you might be correct. I was really only willing to remove conduct and S&G, but I think I'll leave the conduct point up and remove S&G

I was actually taking more along the lines of blatantly obvious vote bombs.

Report them and they'll get deleted....
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
thett3
Posts: 14,353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 2:45:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/18/2014 2:43:21 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/18/2014 2:41:41 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 6/18/2014 2:40:02 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/18/2014 2:38:34 PM, thett3 wrote:
rds voters in the comments seals the deal."

That's a ridiculous thing to award conduct on. Especially the comments part--the comments section is 100% irrelevant to the scoring of the debate.

I do think that she used a lot of straw man on certain words like Envisage said. It was annoying seeing entire paragraphs made at arguments Envisage didn't make.

Then that's an argument prioritization issue on Zarroette's part. If she's not making the arguments she needs to make, then you vote on arguments. You don't get to just decide that it's bad conduct to make bad arguments.

IDK, you might be correct. I was really only willing to remove conduct and S&G, but I think I'll leave the conduct point up and remove S&G

Yeah, you may want to remove both. Look, I'm not you and I don't know your intentions but I think we can both agree that even if your points are justifiable, it's pretty thin justification. Right now Zarro is losing the debate by two points. Is her conduct/S&G so bad that she deserves to lose?

I was actually taking more along the lines of blatantly obvious vote bombs.

Report them and they'll get deleted....
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 2:45:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I took away the S&G point. There was a LOT wrong with how she structured the debate, but it's not sufficient for a loss in S&G
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2014 2:52:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/18/2014 2:40:02 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/18/2014 2:38:34 PM, thett3 wrote:
rds voters in the comments seals the deal."

That's a ridiculous thing to award conduct on. Especially the comments part--the comments section is 100% irrelevant to the scoring of the debate.

I do think that she used a lot of straw man on certain words like Envisage said. It was annoying seeing entire paragraphs made at arguments Envisage didn't make.

I was actually taking more along the lines of blatantly obvious vote bombs.

The obvious vote bombs get deleted. The ones that rationalize a vote as opposed to actually evaluating a debate are worse, because often enough they don't get taken down.

So in my opinion your vote bomb is worse than the obvious ones.