Jump to topic:

Greatest Debating Fear?

ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 1:45:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Mine would be when the other debater asks a noob to vote at the very last second of a debate.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 2:27:20 AM
At 6/21/2014 2:24:48 AM, XLAV wrote:
RoyLatham accepted your debate.

Actually, I use to lock my debates in fear of something like that happening.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 2:42:05 AM
At 6/21/2014 1:45:20 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Mine would be when the other debater asks a noob to vote at the very last second of a debate.

No offense, but you used to do that all the time.

Also, I've noticed that most of these threads you create, where you complain about things other members do - are actually things you've done as well. Do you not realize this, or are you just having fun with these threads?
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 2:44:13 AM
At 6/21/2014 2:42:05 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Also, I've noticed that most of these threads you create, where you complain about things other members do - are actually things you've done as well. Do you not realize this, or are you just having fun with these threads?

First of all, random attacks like this are a little uncalled for. Don't say no offense when you really mean offense. Take your bull$hit drama into a PM. Can you please give me a debate I had done this on?

I do not vote unless asked. I repeat, I do not vote unless asked. You just wanted to flame bait obviously.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 2:46:06 AM
To stay on point though - my greatest debating fear is getting stuck or caught up in a situation and not being able to post a round in time. It hasn't happened for me yet, but one time it was super close: I had to leave my class, run to the library, post a round, and then run back to class.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 3:06:25 AM
At 6/21/2014 2:44:13 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:

First of all, random attacks like this are a little uncalled for. Don't say no offense when you really mean offense. Take your bull$hit drama into a PM. Can you please give me a debate I had done this on?

Dude, what?! How is it an attack, I'm literally pointing out the obvious. I can't provide one from your current account, but I was certainly a member when you used to spam PM for votes and literally flip out on noobs who wouldn't vote for you after you asked them to. Everyone who was around a few months ago probably knows what I am talking about.

I do not vote unless asked. I repeat, I do not vote unless asked. You just wanted to flame bait obviously.

No I didn't. I just wanted to correct the error of your ways. This also isn't the first time you've been called out as a hypocrite in these threads you've started, so idk what you'd expect when you're being one still.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 3:09:22 AM
At 6/21/2014 3:06:25 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Dude, what?! How is it an attack, I'm literally pointing out the obvious. I can't provide one from your current account, but I was certainly a member when you used to spam PM for votes and literally flip out on noobs who wouldn't vote for you after you asked them to. Everyone who was around a few months ago probably knows what I am talking about.

Attacks can be interpreted by the victim. Just saying something like this out of no where is an attack, and it's very stupid that you are denying it.You can't name the debate in question, and you can't prove this wasn't a blatant flame bait.

No I didn't. I just wanted to correct the error of your ways. This also isn't the first time you've been called out as a hypocrite in these threads you've started, so idk what you'd expect when you're being one still.

It's not your problem to correct the "errors" of others ways. You should mind your own business, or at least back up your accusations with ample reasoning. If you were truly not flame baiting me, you would of politely taken it to a PM.

Hell, it's about time the real instigators get called out on their BS.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 3:22:07 AM
At 6/21/2014 3:09:22 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/21/2014 3:06:25 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Attacks can be interpreted by the victim. Just saying something like this out of no where is an attack, and it's very stupid that you are denying it.You can't name the debate in question, and you can't prove this wasn't a blatant flame bait.

I'm sorry you chose to perceive it as such. As a follower of Stoic philosophy who should be familiar with the work of Epictetus, I'm truly surprised you are even letting such things get to you. Can you prove that you haven't done it? Sure, when basing the evidence off of your current profile. As the user you used to be though, it's hypocritical for you to complain about such things. You know what I am talking about - and I have no desire to prove myself to whoever is reading these. My words have been seen by you, that's all I cared about. What you do with them is your choice.

It's not your problem to correct the "errors" of others ways. You should mind your own business, or at least back up your accusations with ample reasoning. If you were truly not flame baiting me, you would of politely taken it to a PM.

You didn't respond to the last PM I sent. So why would I rely on that system when attempting to communicate with you? I asked you to be strait up with me in the PM but you weren't. I have no empathy for your current attempts at trying to be a new user with no history here on DDO. These hypocritical threads aren't helping your case either. If I was the only one calling you out in these threads then sure, be angry with me, but I've seen you get called on this stuff in previous threads. Just stop with them and these issues won't arise.

Hell, it's about time the real instigators get called out on their BS.

You're not calling me out though... you're defending yourself like a guilty person should. It's impossible for me to confirm your previous actions when you won't admit your past identity here on DDO (in public). Just get real for once and you won't keep getting called out like this.
Defro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 3:42:55 AM
At 6/21/2014 3:22:07 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
I have no empathy for your current attempts at trying to be a new user with no history here on DDO.

Who was he before?
Kc1999
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 3:48:58 AM
At 6/21/2014 3:42:55 AM, Defro wrote:
I have no empathy for your current attempts at trying to be a new user with no history here on DDO.

Who was he before?

Gawd, Daytona, dis dude is Jifpop. Not me.
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 3:51:44 AM

Who was he before?

I hope this is a rhetorical question, lol. If it isn't, then please allow me to be the 46th person to say that he is the past user known as Jifpop.

I also feel like I should point out that I have no problems with past users wanting to start fresh. In fact, there are two users who have started new accounts in the past and I highly respect both of them as debaters and fellow members here on DDO. But when one comes back and posts threads that are hypocritical in nature, it is an issue I feel needs correcting.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 4:05:45 AM
At 6/21/2014 3:51:44 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Who was he before?

I hope this is a rhetorical question, lol. If it isn't, then please allow me to be the 46th person to say that he is the past user known as Jifpop.

I also feel like I should point out that I have no problems with past users wanting to start fresh. In fact, there are two users who have started new accounts in the past and I highly respect both of them as debaters and fellow members here on DDO. But when one comes back and posts threads that are hypocritical in nature, it is an issue I feel needs correcting.

Issue that needs correcting? THat is the problem blade. You have said their is a issue, which is 100% creating drama, but refuse to back it up with a link, Before you spew more BS, I want to see the link in which I was a noob debater voting at the last minute.

You can't do it, as no such link exists. It is not your business to point out hypocrites or correct my "faults". Mind your own business, talk to me in a PM, or tell a mod.

Your a flame baiter, and a hypocrite yourself. You say you have no problem with users starting fresh, but YOU were the one who told a dozen people, and used it in a demeaning manner, that I'm supposedly jifpop.

For fvcks sake, your a 30 year old man. Grow up a little, and stop flame baiting people on the internet. I repeat, it's not your business to "correct my mistakes", something you haven't backed up or have any business doing.

Back up your assertions or do not make them.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 4:48:52 AM
At 6/21/2014 4:05:45 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/21/2014 3:51:44 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Who was he before?

Issue that needs correcting? THat is the problem blade. You have said their is a issue, which is 100% creating drama, but refuse to back it up with a link, Before you spew more BS, I want to see the link in which I was a noob debater voting at the last minute.

How can I prove this? Will you let me share debates you voted on as Jifpop? If that's the case, I can show one immediately where you voted and never even left an rfd. http://www.debate.org...

As you see though, the time stamps don't show the precise times, so it's impossible evidence wise to prove that you are guilty. As I said before though, members who were here during that time can attest to the spam pm's asking for votes and you vote bombing like the example above.

Unfortunately, until you admit - in public - your previous role on this site, I can't prove it on paper. I said previously though, that all I wanted was for you to see the words :)

You can't do it, as no such link exists. It is not your business to point out hypocrites or correct my "faults". Mind your own business, talk to me in a PM, or tell a mod.

The links exist. As do the PM's I still have if I dig back far enough. The problem is when someone fears the past so much that they dare not acknowledge it publicly.

Your a flame baiter, and a hypocrite yourself. You say you have no problem with users starting fresh, but YOU were the one who told a dozen people, and used it in a demeaning manner, that I'm supposedly jifpop.

Dude, it's obvious to anyone with any form of investigative abilities or higher-than-average levels of perception to see this. It's become a run-on joke at this point that you're even still trying to convince people you aren't him. You've made several remarks that someone who's been here for only your amount of time wouldn't know, esp. regarding previous members like, o idk, the serb. The only reason I'm wasting time right now with this is because I'm sick of you being a hypocrite.

For fvcks sake, your a 30 year old man. Grow up a little, and stop flame baiting people on the internet. I repeat, it's not your business to "correct my mistakes", something you haven't backed up or have any business doing.

Lol, incorrect? I'm 24. It literally says that on my profile. I also partake in live mafia where my non-30 yr old face (wrinkle free and sexy as fvck) has been seen by many.

I might not have any business doing it, but it's necessary when dealing with hypocrites.

Back up your assertions or do not make them.

They've already been made, by more than 30 people, ever since you joined the site (again).

I'll tell you what, the day Jifpop comes back while your account is still active is the day I'll stop believing that you and he are one in the same. At this point, you now know where I stand and what will be required for me to alter this belief of mine. Please continue to try though. I always have found you to be quite entertaining, no matter what name you go by.
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 8:52:25 AM
Probably forfeiting a round. I've never forfeited a round in any of my debates, and I want it to stay that way.

A slightly lesser fear is winning or losing a debate off of terrible votes. I've had a couple losses come from bad votes, as well as a couple of wins. I'm fine with whatever the outcome of my debates is, provided the votes are of good quality. Thankfully ELO ceiling and judge voting makes this less of an issue.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 2:32:41 PM
At 6/21/2014 2:46:06 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
To stay on point though - my greatest debating fear is getting stuck or caught up in a situation and not being able to post a round in time. It hasn't happened for me yet, but one time it was super close: I had to leave my class, run to the library, post a round, and then run back to class.

That's my fear also, but I've yet to lose while forfeiting a round. I think I should do it more often. I've spotted some situations where it would benefit me to actually do so, but my honor won't allow it.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 2:33:25 PM
At 6/21/2014 2:27:20 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:

Actually, I use to lock my debates in fear of something like that happening.

That's just being a coward.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 2:33:35 PM

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 2:39:22 PM
At 6/21/2014 4:48:52 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
Lol, incorrect? I'm 24. It literally says that on my profile. I also partake in live mafia where my non-30 yr old face (wrinkle free and sexy as fvck) has been seen by many.
Well... umm... that is a matter of opinion... but... umm... you do have an awesome beard... so... yeah... *runs away*
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 2:43:30 PM
At 6/21/2014 2:39:22 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Well... umm... that is a matter of opinion... but... umm... you do have an awesome beard... so... yeah... *runs away*

I was having fun with the wrinkle-free sexy part LOL. I know that attraction/beauty is subjective!
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 2:54:10 PM
At 6/21/2014 2:32:41 PM, Wylted wrote:

That's my fear also, but I've yet to lose while forfeiting a round.

Umm, duh. You're Wylted. The only person on the site who can argue that racists should support democrats or that the earth is flat - and legitimately win. I personally now believe that all racists should be democrats... seriously.

I think I should do it more often. I've spotted some situations where it would benefit me to actually do so, but my honor won't allow it.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 3:01:36 PM
At 6/21/2014 2:54:10 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 6/21/2014 2:32:41 PM, Wylted wrote:

That's my fear also, but I've yet to lose while forfeiting a round.

Umm, duh. You're Wylted. The only person on the site who can argue that racists should support democrats or that the earth is flat - and legitimately win. I personally now believe that all racists should be democrats... seriously.

I think I should do it more often. I've spotted some situations where it would benefit me to actually do so, but my honor won't allow it.

Lol, just realized you weren't even done with those debates yet. See though! That's what I mean! The debates aren't even over and you've already convinced me. Anyways, all this @ss-kissing is making me hungry, it's sandwich time.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 3:14:13 PM
Not being a good debater, but regardless; I still take courage and give it my best to stand on my position.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
JohnMaynardKeynes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 3:15:11 PM
Running out of characters lol.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 3:29:13 PM
At 6/21/2014 2:43:30 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 6/21/2014 2:39:22 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

I was having fun with the wrinkle-free sexy part LOL. I know that attraction/beauty is subjective!
I know. I was teasing you... ;)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
9spaceking
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 3:59:33 PM

no...Bluesteel accepts. 0,0
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy

Reign of Terror is unjustified

Raise min. wage to $10.10
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 5:34:24 PM
One fear of mine is losing this pimping debate. My opponent has given really retarded arguments and I don't even feel like trying.

I'm scared people will buy into his nonsense.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 12:55:40 PM
How lame is that one would close ones account and try to come back as a different user under a new name. It's like saying oneself is so lame that one is embarrassed to be themselves. I guess it stems from that white guilt self loathing stuff they teach in public schools.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%