Total Posts:19|Showing Posts:1-19
Jump to topic:

DDO seems dead

Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2014 11:31:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Ughh, it seems like DDO is just about dead with the lack of interesting posts here recently today. Perhaps it's just me, but it would be nice if some people I haven't seen here in a while would come back.

For example, Janetsanders was one cool dude. Though, he is probably busy. As far as other people go.. I haven't really seen them posting much on here. Blah, the people
I was closest to don't come on here hardly as much.

Like I said before, they are probably busy. Just like I have been recently with college. Not to mention, other things.

Well, despite how dull it is for me right now on here.. I'll be sticking around. I have faith things will get better. Just like with everything else.
Zarroette
Posts: 2,951
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 2:03:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Badger should come back. There's no arguing that he was one of the most interesting persons of DDO. I wouldn't mind hearing about how his writing career is going, either.
9spaceking
Posts: 4,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 9:06:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
DDO is dying. That's true.
Since imabench left there's pretty much no humor left anywhere, and MassiveDump seems to be doing pretty much nothing either.
It's pretty much about some random debaters making debates...and I saw Mikal go on a huge rampage at times and just noob-snipe 5 debates in a row...It's getting kind of boring. Oh well!
Equestrian election
http://www.debate.org...

This House would impose democracy
http://www.debate.org...

Reign of Terror is unjustified
http://www.debate.org...

Raise min. wage to $10.10
http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 9:20:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/26/2014 9:06:20 AM, 9spaceking wrote:
DDO is dying. That's true.
Since imabench left there's pretty much no humor left anywhere, and MassiveDump seems to be doing pretty much nothing either.
It's pretty much about some random debaters making debates...and I saw Mikal go on a huge rampage at times and just noob-snipe 5 debates in a row...It's getting kind of boring. Oh well!

I'm still waiting on MassiveDump for a PM. If he doesn't respond in a week then the Weekly Stupid will be under new management. Aswell as being Weekly again.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 9:22:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/21/2014 11:31:18 PM, Haroush wrote:
Ughh, it seems like DDO is just about dead with the lack of interesting posts here recently today. Perhaps it's just me, but it would be nice if some people I haven't seen here in a while would come back.

For example, Janetsanders was one cool dude. Though, he is probably busy. As far as other people go.. I haven't really seen them posting much on here. Blah, the people
I was closest to don't come on here hardly as much.

Like I said before, they are probably busy. Just like I have been recently with college. Not to mention, other things.

Well, despite how dull it is for me right now on here.. I'll be sticking around. I have faith things will get better. Just like with everything else.

Have you tried taking up mafia?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 9:29:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/26/2014 9:22:25 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/21/2014 11:31:18 PM, Haroush wrote:
Ughh, it seems like DDO is just about dead with the lack of interesting posts here recently today. Perhaps it's just me, but it would be nice if some people I haven't seen here in a while would come back.

For example, Janetsanders was one cool dude. Though, he is probably busy. As far as other people go.. I haven't really seen them posting much on here. Blah, the people
I was closest to don't come on here hardly as much.

Like I said before, they are probably busy. Just like I have been recently with college. Not to mention, other things.

Well, despite how dull it is for me right now on here.. I'll be sticking around. I have faith things will get better. Just like with everything else.

Have you tried taking up mafia?

No, I haven't Iannan. Though, I just may give a try sometime soon.

By the way, thank you everyone for the feedback!
Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 9:31:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Despite some of the great influences here on DDO leaving, I do believe things will get much more active again when the fall season comes around.
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 11:13:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/26/2014 9:31:20 AM, Haroush wrote:
Despite some of the great influences here on DDO leaving, I do believe things will get much more active again when the fall season comes around.

You may be right.
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
debatability
Posts: 1,160
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 11:25:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/26/2014 11:13:55 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 6/26/2014 9:31:20 AM, Haroush wrote:
Despite some of the great influences here on DDO leaving, I do believe things will get much more active again when the fall season comes around.

You may be right.

I would think DDO would become more active in the fall... I know I'll be able to use it to help me during formal debate season and other school subjects.
Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 11:27:20 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/26/2014 11:13:55 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 6/26/2014 9:31:20 AM, Haroush wrote:
Despite some of the great influences here on DDO leaving, I do believe things will get much more active again when the fall season comes around.

You may be right.

Yeah, you have to think, summer time is the busiest time of year when it comes to the seasons. Which means more people are physically active and focused on things which are of great importance to them personally they can't focus on during the primary school year and the general working year ( which is more like 10 months).
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 11:30:30 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Just you tell you all, when I joined 3 years ago, people said DDO was dying.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 11:31:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/26/2014 11:30:30 AM, 16kadams wrote:
Just you tell you all, when I joined 3 years ago, people said DDO was dying.

2 years*
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 11:39:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/26/2014 11:31:02 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 6/26/2014 11:30:30 AM, 16kadams wrote:
Just you tell you all, when I joined 3 years ago, people said DDO was dying.

2 years*

Oh, the memories.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Haroush
Posts: 1,329
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 11:54:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/26/2014 11:30:30 AM, 16kadams wrote:
Just you tell you all, when I joined 3 years ago, people said DDO was dying.

Haha, figures. That is why I said it SEEMS dead.
Defro
Posts: 847
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 12:03:08 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/22/2014 2:03:53 AM, Zarroette wrote:
Badger should come back. There's no arguing that he was one of the most interesting persons of DDO. I wouldn't mind hearing about how his writing career is going, either.

Wut.....I thought you were badger....
lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 1:12:23 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/26/2014 12:03:08 PM, Defro wrote:
At 6/22/2014 2:03:53 AM, Zarroette wrote:
Badger should come back. There's no arguing that he was one of the most interesting persons of DDO. I wouldn't mind hearing about how his writing career is going, either.

Wut.....I thought you were badger....

Naw, she's Capslock
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Defro
Posts: 847
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 1:18:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/26/2014 1:12:23 PM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/26/2014 12:03:08 PM, Defro wrote:
At 6/22/2014 2:03:53 AM, Zarroette wrote:
Badger should come back. There's no arguing that he was one of the most interesting persons of DDO. I wouldn't mind hearing about how his writing career is going, either.

Wut.....I thought you were badger....

Naw, she's Capslock

Oops
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,373
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 1:23:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/26/2014 12:03:08 PM, Defro wrote:
At 6/22/2014 2:03:53 AM, Zarroette wrote:
Badger should come back. There's no arguing that he was one of the most interesting persons of DDO. I wouldn't mind hearing about how his writing career is going, either.

Wut.....I thought you were badger....

Well she is very interesting and I'm sure she'd be a great writer. :)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.