*Presidential Update -- Week 1*

bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 12:58:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hi folks!

I'm so, so honored to have been selected as your President, and I know I speak for bsh1 when I say that as well. Thank you all so much!

But I'm not just writing this to say thanks again.

I promised that I would do weekly messages. It's been a week--so here's the first one! (technically, DDO timewise it's more than a week, but it's not past midnight my time, so I'm counting it).

I'll preface this by saying that I know that this isn't the BEST update, at least in terms of specifics. In my defense this is week 1, and I don't want to make any real announcements until things are well and truly rolling. I'm hoping to get ahead of the curve on my weekly messages by posting sometime in mid-week, and I should have more details on the specific programs I'm getting rolling then, so I promise they won't all be vague!

It's been quite a whirlwind week. I've been in contact with several members about aspects of the administration--we're still hammering out details, so I don't have any specific titles to announce.

I've been in contact with airmax, of course. We've begun sorting things out, and I'm hoping to have more formal announcements in this coming week regarding our discussions as well.

I've spoken to Juggle, although I'll confess not in-depth yet. But I've opened the channels of communication, and will fill everyone in with developments as they come.

So, like I warned when I started this, not too much concrete to announce yet. There are a few administrative things that I'd like to mention, that will be at the end of every one of these weekly messages.

One of the things I said I wanted to set up was something similar to the old "Inner Circle". Different, of course, since it's a different time than when that existed. I will be posting all participants in that thread here on a weekly basis when it comes up, and I remind anyone that's interested in participating in the administration to reach out, I'd love the help! At present, I don't have one because there's no overarching site issues that requires it, so I haven't set it up yet.

And on a final note, a reminder: All debates are intended to have votes under my administration. Any debate that doesn't have a vote by the time there's less than 48 hours left in the Voting Period, please shoot me a PM, and I will ensure it gets at least a vote--no debates should go unvoted.

As always, all members should feel free to contact me or bsh1 if they have any questions, concerns, or want to help with the administration!

Thanks for your time, DDO.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 1:05:07 AM
I guess I'm a bit late or not, but congrats to being the president of DDO! It's nice to see new people rolling in and out and it still making use here. I would be willing to help, if I had I don't more in depth of what's needed around here.

I'm not the brightest, but I do always have a desire to help others who ask and need it. :) best wishes to you though altogether!

~Marie
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 2:02:06 AM
At 6/22/2014 1:05:07 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
I guess I'm a bit late or not, but congrats to being the president of DDO! It's nice to see new people rolling in and out and it still making use here. I would be willing to help, if I had I don't more in depth of what's needed around here.

I'm not the brightest, but I do always have a desire to help others who ask and need it. :) best wishes to you though altogether!

~Marie

Thanks so much, GCL!

And don't sell yourself short. You always make threads more pleasant.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 2:10:07 AM
At 6/22/2014 2:04:42 AM, Smithereens wrote:
I don't follow who the DDO presidents are, but congrats on your new position.

Thanks, Smithereens.
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 3:26:52 AM
I don't think the position is important at all, but whatever. Good luck!
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 1:30:09 PM
Like what?!?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~