Star debate Season 1 E4 p2: The Hostages

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 5:47:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Part 1: http://www.debate.org...

Romanii swiveled in his chair to look at the rest of PM. Everyone was in shock. There was a message that was apparently going to every communication device, except for the comm badges, saying, "Let the game begin." No one knew what it meant, but it was the creepiest thing that had happened on this ship so far. Not scariest, just creepiest.

Bsh1 and YYW held hands behind the counter. Not that Romanii was staring, he just kind of knew because he knew them well enough. YYW was allowed behind the counter anytime he wanted. No Starfleet personnel opposed it, and Romanii wasn"t about to start anything over it.
The message played for about the thousandth time before Romanii stood up and pulled out his tricorder.

He"d been counting on someone else to do it, but that was probably the general attitude in the room. People watched him as he walked around to the other side of the bar to look at the communication panel. It was like he was putting on a magic show. All gather to watch Romanii stop this idiot from saying that phrase one more time!

He held up the tricorder and saw it was just a standard message playing throughout the ship. He tapped at the panel and the tricorder to identify a source, but he couldn"t. "That"s weird," he murmured to himself. He expanded the band search of the tricorder and tried again.

"Aren"t you going to turn it off?" bsh1 asked him. Yup, definitely holding hands.

"I"m trying to find its source, and I can"t if this station stops receiving the message. Give me a minute. It shouldn"t take too long."

He looked at the tricorder again. That couldn"t be right. "It"s coming from this machine," he said with a look of deep confusion. "Has anyone touched this panel recently?"

"Not that I saw, and I"m pretty confident that I didn"t miss anything."

"The message is originating in this station. It"s just a recording that"s playing from it. That means there"s a program embedded in this station that"s playing it." In a brief fit of anger, he slammed his hand down on the panel to turn it off. The message ended promptly.

"Was it someone in here?" YYW asked facing more to bsh1 but also looking at Romanii briefly.

"That"s a possibility," bsh1 acknowledged. "I haven"t seen anyone tampering with it, but I don"t think it"s a possibility we can ignore."

"This is playing from all stations," Romanii said putting his tricorder back. "But it"s supposedly coming from this one. So maybe you"re right."

"How many people in here can we trust?"

"Right now?" Romanii gazed around PM. He saw a few officers and a load of passengers. A Starfleet officer would probably know how to embed that sort of program into the
communications systems. The passengers were a toss in the air. "No one. We trust no one."

YYW and Bsh1 nodded and looked back at PM. This wasn"t going to be fun. How do you find out who it was without directly asking everyone? Well, that"s about it. You ask everyone. They didn"t have the resources to do a proper investigation. All eyes were on the three of them at the moment. They were now the leaders in the room. Romanii held up his tricorder and turned to each door. He locked them shut so that no one could get out.

Was he really about to do this? Might as well. Nothing else to do. "Alright everyone!" He yelled over the murmur spreading through the mass of people. "That eerie and properly annoying message that"s been playing is coming from this comm station. As of now, we can pretty much trust no one in this room until we can confirm you"re clear."

"If we can"t trust anyone, then who do you mean by "we"?" One of the passengers asked.

"I don"t know really," Romanii said passing an "I"m sorry" glance to YYW and Bsh1. "I guess the people who know they"re innocent. Hopefully this isn"t too difficult a process." He stepped out from behind the bar and let his arms hang limp at his side. "Like the message said, "let the game begin"."

Judging by the faces of the people in there, that didn"t earn him any humor points.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blade and Wylted stood on the opposite side of the conference room from Linkish and Endark. Airmax"s instructions did allow for them all to be working in the same room. The conference room allowed for a setting that generally involved more in depth thinking, and there was access to all information. Linkish did have to get Airmax to unlock some of the information, but they had it all.

"I need to check out one person first," Linkish said as he touched the screen. Blade sort of recognized the face. It was Ragnar. He was a medical officer.

"Isn"t he a medical officer?" Blade asked him.

"Yes, but he fought alongside me like a soldier. If he checks out, I"m going to make him a temporary security officer and also make him the only person aside from the bridge crew that I trust."

"Why start with him?"

"You"d understand if you were ever fighting for your life alongside someone else."

They all looked at the screen and saw the information. Looked like he was thirty years old, got a few degrees before joining Starfleet, and hadn"t gotten in any trouble worth mentioning. Looked like all of his psychological and physiological checks were fine, so he was a healthy man. "Wylted, Blade, Ednark can any of you think of a reason we can"t trust him?"

"He looks good to me," Endark said with a quick shake of the head.

Blade shook his head and Wylted looked at the others. "Well, I would just say that we don"t exactly have a reason to trust him other than the fact that in the past he looks alright."

"I don"t think that"s sufficient reason for doubt," Blade said, knowing Wylted was just doing his job to be the one guy that disagrees in a room full of people who agree. "As far as we know, this guy is acting alone, and the probability that it"s Ragnar is extremely low."

"I agree," Linkish said as he reached up to close out of Ragnar"s profile. He tapped his badge and said, "Linkish to Ragnar."

"Yes, sir, what is it?" Ragnar responded with only a moment"s hesitancy.

"Come to the conference room immediately."

"On my way, sir."

Linkish tapped his badge to end communication, and Endark said, "This man has already done his damage. We are divided in the worst way possible."
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 5:55:12 PM
*jumps up and down*
NEW EPISODE!!! :D

Now read...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 6:00:00 PM
Ooooh suspense. :D

Let the games begin! And may the odds be ever in your favour!

Love it!!!

XD I think the ultimate shocker would be if BYours, or half of BYours was the traitor...
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 9:05:43 PM
At 6/22/2014 6:00:00 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Lol I mean if you want to add the Hunger Games into there XD

Love it!!!

Thank you :P

XD I think the ultimate shocker would be if BYours, or half of BYours was the traitor...

That would be pretty shocking, wouldn't it?
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 9:06:50 PM
At 6/22/2014 9:05:43 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Seemed like the thing to say.. XD
Ya know? Everyone turning on each other?
"Games"

Love it!!!

0.0 Oh dear,,,
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 9:10:57 PM
At 6/22/2014 9:06:50 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

Seemed like the thing to say.. XD
Ya know? Everyone turning on each other?
"Games"

Lol I haven't even gotten to the best part of it.

Love it!!!

0.0 Oh dear,,,

I told you that you can find out who it is if you do some research :P
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 9:50:48 PM
I did like it :) The internal dialogue Romanii was having about us holding hands was cute, and amusing. Definitely thought that scene was great. On the whole good episode. It is more VOY-ish, you're right.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 10:22:17 PM
At 6/22/2014 9:50:48 PM, bsh1 wrote:
I did like it :) The internal dialogue Romanii was having about us holding hands was cute, and amusing. Definitely thought that scene was great. On the whole good episode. It is more VOY-ish, you're right.

Just wait till they start getting ENT-ish.... Don't worry, if I do that it won't be like that for more than an episode XD
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 10:25:11 PM
At 6/22/2014 10:22:17 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

Just wait till they start getting ENT-ish.... Don't worry, if I do that it won't be like that for more than an episode XD

Ooooooooooo (I imagine my voice sounding like a Despicable Me Minion)...Can't wait.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2014 10:33:22 PM
At 6/22/2014 10:25:11 PM, bsh1 wrote:

Ooooooooooo (I imagine my voice sounding like a Despicable Me Minion)...Can't wait.

Neither can I XD
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 9:40:05 PM
At 6/22/2014 10:38:47 PM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

It's OncomingStorm, back for revenge!

Lol that's an interesting theory.

OncomingStorm is still alive in OUAD. :-)

Haha, I don't usually comment, but I always read and love your series XD so I know, I've been keeping up.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 10:04:02 PM

Out of curiosity, what do you guys mean by voyish and entish...?
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 10:23:38 PM
At 6/23/2014 10:04:02 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

VOY is how Star Trek Voyager is abbreviated http://en.wikipedia.org...

ENT is how Star Trek Enterprise is abbreviated http://en.wikipedia.org...
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 10:25:37 PM
At 6/23/2014 10:23:38 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:
At 6/23/2014 10:04:02 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

VOY is how Star Trek Voyager is abbreviated http://en.wikipedia.org...

ENT is how Star Trek Enterprise is abbreviated http://en.wikipedia.org...

Noted. *salutes*
Thanks!!! :)
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY