Star Debate Season 1 E4 p3: The Hostages

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 10:34:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Part 2: http://www.debate.org...

Jonelle lay down on her bed. She couldn"t cry anymore. There were no more tears. Instead she just stared and the ceiling with the remaining sting in her eyes. She hadn"t moved except to turn off her console when some idiot spammed a message on it. "Let the game begin." What did that even mean?

She rolled her head to look at her room. Same as when Wylted came earlier, after which she"d crawled into her bed and lost track of time. Then there was a beep and a voice. "Jon Bonbon."
She was tempted to get up and go see who it was. It wasn"t even coming from her comm badge, and it definitely wasn"t someone at the door. Probably the monitor everyone had in their rooms.

"I need you to listen to me," the voice said again. It was really deep and gravely like it was being edited to be unnatural. So someone was trying to disguise themselves and creep on a pissed off widow in her room? Not a good idea.

"Jonelle!"

"What?" She yelled at her monitor.

"Okay, good, you can hear me."

She got up and grabbed a tricorder off her desk. She started scanning the monitor to see where it was coming from so she could personally get whoever it was and release them through an airlock.

"Don"t try scanning," the voice said sternly. "You won"t find anything."

"You can either shut up or tell me what it is you want to say!" she yelled at the monitor again. She threw her tricorder at the wall and watched it break apart on contact. It was almost a little satisfying.

"I understand you"re upset, and I"m here to help you more than anyone else on this ship could."
She crossed her arms and leaned on the nearest wall. She didn"t actually believe this guy had a way of helping her, but she didn"t have anything else to listen to besides this guy. "What can you do?"

"I can offer you revenge."

Her heart skipped a beat. Then another beat after that. He was saying he could just give her the chance to take revenge? That would be more satisfying than a broken tricorder. But just one young woman against an armada that the military empires and unions of the alpha quadrant could barely bring down? Did he even know what he was saying?

"In shuttle bay 3 are enough weapons and bombs to destroy one of their ships. One of their ships escaped the battle and is currently headed to our position. If you want to, you can get into that shuttle and fly out to them so you can take revenge. If you don"t, I"m going to release the shuttle by 21 hundred hours anyway. It"s your choice."

"You"re going to release the shuttle? What, do you think you own this ship?"

"I do at the moment, and I will pretty soon. Do you agree or not?"

Jonelle thought for a moment. Would Oncoming want her to do this? She didn"t even know. He certainly wouldn"t mind her destroying a threat to the crew she worked with. And if their positions were reversed, he would probably be on the hunt to destroy the empire.

"I agree."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Juan looked back at Pots who was sent down from the science department to help with the investigation about the message. Surprisingly there was no message from Airmax about anything. That just made Juan worry more about the situation. "Pots, what can you tell me?" Juan asked impatiently.

"What"s there to tell?" Pots asked in reply. "There"s a message playing across the ship, originating in PM, and currently Romanii is holding down fort to see if someone in there did it. Aside from that we know nothing except that a message was sent to the bridge before the messages started."

"A message? Where did the message originate?"

"That"s the thing. It"s almost impossible. That message started from every comm station on the ship."

"You sure?" Juan asked putting a hand to his chin. "That means he started it from an independent source that sent a program through all of the comm stations. Would you be able to pick that up on the internal scanners?"

"I could modify them to pick up all communications signals, but we"re going to have to over staff just to get through all of the random communications on the ship. Plus, we"d have to be scanning when he sends out the message, and we have no idea if he even will send it out again."

"It"s better than nothing. I want you to get someone working on that right away."

"Of course, but I do have a question."

"What is it?"

"How do I know to trust anyone in the crew up there? Anyone could have done this. I"m honestly just trusting you that you didn"t."

"I"m trusting you too. Take it as a private project in whatever room you want. I outrank any of the science officers on this ship, so if they have a problem with that tell them to talk to me."

"I"ll get started on it right away."

As Pots walked away, Juan considered the possibility that Pots was actually the guy they were looking for. It was a possibility, but it was a chance Juan had to take. If Pots wasn"t, then the fact that Juan had trusted him with this earned the trust of at least one man. What would Juan have to gain by sending someone to catch him? Pots was smart enough to ask that question.

"Sir, I"ve run a diagnostic," one of the ensigns said from behind him. He turned to see a newer member of Starfleet, Space King. He"d graduated with honors, and he was looking like he was going to become a junior lieutenant pretty soon. Probably after this mess was cleared up. "There doesn"t seem to be anything wrong with the systems."

"So that only goes to support my theory," Juan said and trailed off toward the end of his sentence.

"What theory is that?" Space King asked looking up at him. Space was a little shorter than Juan, but at the moment he looked like a child.

"Oh, I just was thinking about how this man must have sent out the message to everyone. I don"t have anything concrete yet. Just ideas."

"Oh, well, I"d love to hear your ideas when you get something figured out," Space said excitedly. "I might learn about a different thinking process to help me out later."

Juan patted the boy on the shoulder and said, "I"ll let you know. Now, you go ahead and do a systems check on communications systems specifically so we can get a full report on the problem."

Space nodded with a "yes, sir" and walked over to the station. Juan followed with his eyes briefly then looked at the warp core as he thought. Who would be the most likely to be able to pull something off like this? He couldn"t think of anyone he didn"t already trust in his crew, which meant either they were dealing with someone capable of acting normal, or his crew was clear. That really didn"t help him at all, but it was something to consider anyway.

He tapped his comm badge and asked, "Romanii, what"s your status?"
"PM is getting rowdy. No one is trusting anyone. I"m not sure what course of action to take, because the room doesn"t have a leader at this point, and if no one trusts another, we"re not going to find a sense of order."

"You said you locked the doors, correct?"

"Yes, but of course, anyone with a tricorder could undo it."

"Then I think you"ve found your trust. Anyone in the room with a tricorder who hasn"t already unlocked the doors is probably trustworthy."

Romanii sighed and said, "I don"t like this, but I guess you"re right."

"Report back to me once you"ve gotten some sense of clarity in the room."

"Understood, Romanii out."

At this point, Juan felt like he"d done about all he could do to help. Being on the side that knows nothing about the opposition was more stressful than authors had made it seem in the mystery novels he"d read.
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

"I'm a vivacious sex fiend," SolonKR.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 10:53:45 PM
Poor jon
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 10:56:52 PM
I have a really bad feeling about this...

I think you just might kill yourself off to be with OS.
Solonkr~

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 11:29:49 PM
At 6/23/2014 10:56:52 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

I'll give you a hint: if it's the easy way, I'm not taking it XD
The Troll Queen.

I'm also the Troll Goddess of Reason. Sacrifices are appreciated but not necessary.

Go vote on one of my debates. I'm not that smart, so it'll probably be an easy decision.

Fite me m9

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 11:35:37 PM
At 6/23/2014 11:29:49 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

/
I think you're being set up then... I really think you might die.., or find someone else...
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2014 11:57:12 PM
At 6/23/2014 11:35:37 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

/
I think you're being set up then... I really think you might die.., or find someone else...

I feel like there should be a discussion board for people who want to start making theories about plotlines for fanfics. Like we just need a fanfic forum.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 12:00:21 AM
At 6/23/2014 11:57:12 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:

/

I feel like there should be a discussion board for people who want to start making theories about plotlines for fanfics. Like we just need a fanfic forum.
Seconded
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 12:32:47 AM
At 6/24/2014 12:00:21 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

/

Seconded

Up for some lobbying?
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 8:16:03 AM
At 6/24/2014 12:32:47 AM, Jonbonbon wrote:

/

Seconded

Up for some lobbying?

Wanna start a petition?
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY

Jonbonbon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 1:16:46 PM
At 6/24/2014 8:16:03 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

/

Seconded

Up for some lobbying?

Wanna start a petition?

Go for it. I'll sign.
The Troll Queen.

Fite me m9

ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 1:37:04 PM
At 6/24/2014 1:16:46 PM, Jonbonbon wrote:
At 6/24/2014 8:16:03 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:

/

Seconded

Up for some lobbying?

Wanna start a petition?

Go for it. I'll sign.

*lazy*

Procrastination ftw
Solonkr~

Ken~

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY