Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Temp Retirement until elo cap is broke

Mikal
Posts: 11,268
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 5:23:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am postponing all of my debates, until this elo cap thing is broke

It's capped at 9k and airmax is working to fix it. There are like 10 debates on my back burner that I am waiting to get points for. Until that cap is broken, I am going to hold off on any debates. Other wise it kills the fun in it for me
Mysterious_Stranger
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 5:28:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm pretty sure it was capped because whoever made the system didn't think anyone would pass 9000 elo.
Turn around, go back.
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 5:31:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
You realize how good of a line this is gonna be in your next rap battle right?

"So good I broke the ELO limit" or something. I mean, damn dude
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 5:34:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Given the formula, his elo goes up tremendously everytime he wins a debate, which means his will go up even debating someone with 2000 elo. This is a flaw in the system, and is the explanation on why his elo went from 7000 to 9000 so fast. I support leaving it capped until a better formula comes out.

I don't think Mikal earned a 9000 elo. The system breaks after 8000, which is what his elo should be at.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Mikal
Posts: 11,268
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 5:34:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/24/2014 5:31:00 PM, thett3 wrote:
You realize how good of a line this is gonna be in your next rap battle right?

"So good I broke the ELO limit" or something. I mean, damn dude

LOL

They need a prestige button
Mikal
Posts: 11,268
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 5:38:27 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/24/2014 5:34:05 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Given the formula, his elo goes up tremendously everytime he wins a debate, which means his will go up even debating someone with 2000 elo. This is a flaw in the system, and is the explanation on why his elo went from 7000 to 9000 so fast. I support leaving it capped until a better formula comes out.

I don't think Mikal earned a 9000 elo. The system breaks after 8000, which is what his elo should be at.

I actually should be at 9.500 but im not complaining. Just waiting for it to be capped. Now go away before I snipe you again.
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 5:44:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/24/2014 5:38:27 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 6/24/2014 5:34:05 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Given the formula, his elo goes up tremendously everytime he wins a debate, which means his will go up even debating someone with 2000 elo. This is a flaw in the system, and is the explanation on why his elo went from 7000 to 9000 so fast. I support leaving it capped until a better formula comes out.

I don't think Mikal earned a 9000 elo. The system breaks after 8000, which is what his elo should be at.

I actually should be at 9.500 but im not complaining. Just waiting for it to be capped. Now go away before I snipe you again.

That doesn't answer the question. The formula is set to multiply for by 9x, which means your elo actually goes up when you lose, and by a tremendous amount. When you win, your elo goes up a tremendous amount. The whole formula is screwed up, which allows you to earn 60 elo for noob sniping someone with 2000. Which is unfair to the rest of us.

The equation is C= 100 (W+9L)/10W

That's the problem. You're earning the same amount of elo as I would, if we were both to snipe the same person. You are not necessarily earning these points, not to say you aren't a good debater, buy the formula is broken.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Mikal
Posts: 11,268
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2014 5:53:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/24/2014 5:44:14 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/24/2014 5:38:27 PM, Mikal wrote:
At 6/24/2014 5:34:05 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
Given the formula, his elo goes up tremendously everytime he wins a debate, which means his will go up even debating someone with 2000 elo. This is a flaw in the system, and is the explanation on why his elo went from 7000 to 9000 so fast. I support leaving it capped until a better formula comes out.

I don't think Mikal earned a 9000 elo. The system breaks after 8000, which is what his elo should be at.

I actually should be at 9.500 but im not complaining. Just waiting for it to be capped. Now go away before I snipe you again.

That doesn't answer the question. The formula is set to multiply for by 9x, which means your elo actually goes up when you lose, and by a tremendous amount. When you win, your elo goes up a tremendous amount. The whole formula is screwed up, which allows you to earn 60 elo for noob sniping someone with 2000. Which is unfair to the rest of us.

The equation is C= 100 (W+9L)/10W

That's the problem. You're earning the same amount of elo as I would, if we were both to snipe the same person. You are not necessarily earning these points, not to say you aren't a good debater, buy the formula is broken.

The formula offers a contender bonus, which is why I should be at 9,500. In every debate that I start, I am promised that bonus. Which is why I start them most of the time.

It is a good thing for people that are over the 4k mark, because otherwise they would never be able to accept debates. If I were to beat thett3 without a instigator bonus and a revised formula, I would get like 2 points. The same could be said for thett3 taking on someone that is 2k. A majority of the debates happen at 2k, so that is why ore ele left that bonus I am assuming. In addition to not having the last word, it also offsets some of the crap that comes from being at a high level.

Saying its unfair is a fallacy. Anyone can do what I did, and anyone can get to the elo I am. I just don't lose alot and I take a lot of debates. It's not unfair if anyone can do it.

and no im not gaining the same amount of elo. I get like 10 from an accepted resolution. The only way I earn the same amount of elo as you is if I start a debate, and even then you would get 70 to my 30

I average 10-20 points per win, 30 if i start it, while most everyone else gets around 40-70

mine is nearly half