Jump to topic:

Attack on DDO EPISODE SIX

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 3:32:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
It was an average day for Private Yay. Checkpoints around the main forum had been set up days ago, and he had recently been transferred over to one of them to process people coming into the forums to make sure that they weren"t armed or smuggling anything illegal. A boring job of him feeling people up and down and occasionally waving a few guards over if someone tried to sneak in with some weed or cocaine. A boring, thankless job that paid the bills.

"Next!" Yay called out in the bored, monotone voice he had grown accustomed to using as the next person stepped up to be processed, holding their arms up at their sides, awaiting the pat down. Yay walked forward, placing his gloved hands at his armpits and starting to pat downwards when a flicker of movement caught the corner of his eye, causing him to look up.

A person was approaching the checkpoint line, which usually wouldn"t be cause for any kind of suspicion. But this time, something was off. The person was a guy, maybe average height and build, his hands shoved deep into his pockets and doing his best to avoid eye contact with anyone. The man looked up briefly, making eye contact with Yay, before stopping dead in his tracks. His eyes were one of surprise, a typical "deer-in-the-headlights" look, before he slowly turned back around and started walking away.

No one walks away from a security checkpoint unless they have something to hide. Something was off, here.

"Guards! Get him!" Yay shouted, pointing to the fleeing figure who was now running.

---

"Okay, so this is the plan." YYW said, drawing a square in the dirt of their hideout with a stick. Everyone was gathered around, eager to get things underway. "Thanks to Endarkened and Wylted"s reconnaissance, we know that a Humvee full of supplies goes through the Eastern checkpoint at four p.m. every other day. Today there will be a shipment. These shipments are comprised of equipment, weapons, munitions, things like that. Stuff we could really use right now. So we"re going to hijack that Humvee and bring it back." YYW said simply, looking around to make sure everyone was still with him before drawing a smaller box within the original box. "First step though is to take out the guards at the checkpoint. If we try to take on the Humvee of guards and the guards at the checkpoint with what we have now head on, we"ll lose. So we have to take them out separately, and surprise them." YYW explained, drawing two lines further away from the small box before looking to Bsh. "Bsh, I need you to cause a scene and draw as many of the guards at the checkpoint you can to the side alleyway as you can."

---

Bsh kept pumping his arms, the drumming of his feet on the pavement the only noise in his head as his sole focus was making it to the alleyway. The distance between the two looked far shorter before he started running it, and the guards seemed to be a little bit faster than he was.

Arms gripped around Bsh"s waist, a force knocking him to the ground hard as one of the guards tackled him. Hands grabbed for his arms, trying to force them behind his back as Bsh thrashed wildly to get free. He finally got one of his arms out from the grip of the guards, rearing it back and sending his elbow crashing into the nose of the guard pinning him to the ground, knocking him off of the prone Bsh and letting him back up. Bsh took no time to get back up and keep running, the elbowed guard taking a moment to compose himself before continuing the chase.

The alleyway was coming up, and Bsh took a hard left to get into it.

---

Bsh nodded at what YYW wanted him to do, but then paused, an eyebrow raised, before shaking his head. "Wait, I thought the alleyway was a garbage dump and a dead end. How do we get rid of the guards once I lead them to the alleyway?" Bsh asked. YYW grinned, evidently please with himself. "You let us handle that. We"ll be waiting for them. Just make sure to hit the deck once you get inside the alleyway."

---

Once inside the alleyway, Bsh instantly dropped to the ground, holding his arms protectively around his head and curling up to be as small of a target as he could be as all hell broke loose.

The alleyway was a trash site used by the occupying force to dispose of their everyday trash and waste that couldn"t be disposed of by means of plumbing. The alleyway was, thusly, full of trash bags, rusty pieces of sheet metal, and other things. Things that made great hiding places for YYW, Mikal, EndarkenedRationalist, and ClassicRobert, who were lying prone in wait, now popping up at the sound of pounding footsteps and opened a deadly, near point blank field of fire into the unsuspecting soldiers.

As soon as the soldiers entered the alleyway, YYW, Mikal and Endarkened opened fire, dropping three of the five guards instantly. Classic sat there, crouched, his hands shaking wildly and uncontrollably in sudden fear. YYW reflexively snapped his sights to the next person, spraying a burst of bullets into the fourth guard, then the fifth guard in quick succession as all of the checkpoint guards were dropped.

"Forty seconds. Then we have to be in position at the checkpoint." YYW called, running to one of the downed guards and picking up his AK-47, slinging it across his back before moving to strip the guard of his body armor. "Take their weapons and body armor and anything else that they have that could be useful. Let"s go." He said, urging the rest of them to follow suit. A gagging sound came from behind him, causing YYW to look back. Classic was leaning away from one of the guards, puking a little at the sight of a dead corpse. "Robert, you okay?" YYW asked. Classic wiped his mouth of the vomit, moving back to the corpse and roughly jerking the vest off of his dead corpse. "Yeah, I"m good." He said in a hollow voice. YYW smiled slightly, half-heartedly; the first time was always hard. YYW gave him one last concerned look before putting two fingers in his mouth and letting out a sharp, loud whistle. Thett, Esocial, Mike, and Wylted scaled the wall behind them, helping them pick up what little was left before they all booked it for the checkpoint.

---

---
"So what happens when we get rid of the guards? Won"t the Humvee find it odd to get to a checkpoint with no soldiers at it?" Wylted asked carefully. YYW nodded. "You"re right. That"s why we"re going to impersonate the guards. Take their gear once we get rid of them and position ourselves at the checkpoint. Everyone else who isn"t in gear will hide inside the checkpoint, with the rest of the people in uniform will take positions outside of it. They"ll get out of the Humvee, and then we hit them and take the Humvee back home."
---

Private Smithereens turned the wheel of the Humvee hard to the right, entering sight of the checkpoint to see a few soldiers milling around, evidently bored. No civilians were in line to be processed, which was slightly strange considering the other checkpoints are usually swamped with people, but Smithereens didn"t think anything of it. He drove up to the gate of the checkpoint, honking his horn a few times at the guard with his back turned. The guard didn"t move, didn"t even seem to acknowledge him. "What the hell"" he muttered to himself, climbing out of the Humvee to wave at the guard. "Hey! Dumba**! Open the f----"

Mikal turned around, leveling an AK-47 at the guard yelling at him before spraying a load of bullets into the guard"s chests. The other soldiers got out, confused by what was going on, and were quickly dispatched by everyone coming out of the checkpoint. "You know the drill. Strip them of their gear and pile into the Humvee. Let"s get the hell out of here." YYW said, getting one of the soldiers who was still half in the Humvee and pulling him the rest of the way out before starting to strip him of his equipment.

--->
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 3:38:09 PM
--->

The group of rebels were long gone ten minutes before any soldiers came to investigate. Word was finally getting out to the public that there was a fight going on for DDO still, and the rebels were finally given a fitting name to suit their cause.

---

"Yo YYW! You gotta check this out!" Endarkened called from the back of the hideout.

It had just been ten minutes since they got back from hijacking the Humvee, and they were still searching through the Humvee for supplies and things that they could use. YYW came back into the hideout, returning from stashing some of the extra ammunition they recovered to keep it dry, jogging over to Endarkened. "Hey, what"s the commotion about?" YYW asked, receiving a grin from the former janitor as he reached into the Humvee, coming out with a rectangular block and tossing it to the former Marine. "Yo, isn"t this C4?" YYW caught the block, examining it with a shocked look on his face. The shocked look remained for a bit, then slowly changed to one of surprise and joy. "Just how much of it is in there?" YYW asked to a grinning Endarkened. "A lot, like, two crates full. I"d say maybe eighty pounds all told." YYW grinned at the response, the wheels in his head already turning. "I got an idea about how we can put some of it to use."

---

It wasn"t hard to find one of the hastily set up guard stations inside the city. Large banners were drapped over the walls of the old office building, symbols reading "Edeb8" sown into them with big, bold letters. YYW was positioned in an adjacent, abandoned office building, surveying the guard post from a higher floor. Bsh, Esocial, Mike, and Wylted were with him, weapons trained down below at the milling guards. There were a few store fronts on the ground level, in which Mikal and Endarkened were hiding on one side of the street, Thett and ClassicRobert on the other. Everything was in place, and it was almost time. "Thirty seconds." YYW called out, timing the detonation on his watch, in synch with the timed detonator they had used for the bomb.

A Humvee rolled up in front of the guard post, two teenagers in blue uniforms stepping out of it and striding to the front of the outpost. "Yo, who are they?" Wylted asked. "Collaborators. See how their uniforms are different from the actual soldiers?" YYW responded simply. "Who would side with the people who just invaded their home, killed their families? That"s absolutely stupid." Mike spat out, disgusted at the thought of it. YYW just shrugged. "It had to happen. Ten seconds."

---

"Shouldn"t be too much longer now. Just keep down to make sure the bomb goes off and then we get out of here." Endarkened told Mikal, who was peeking over the bottom edge of the window to get another look at the guard outpost. A Humvee had pulled up to it, two more guards walking out of it and talking to a few of the guards. Mikal was about to duck back down, stay there until he heard the blast, but one of the new guards looked familiar. Mikal squinted a bit, getting a good look at him, before swearing loudly and getting up. "Mikal! What are you doing?!" Endarkened whispered harsly, trying to grab for the teenager"s arm but missed, and could only watch in horror as he walked outside.

Mikal walked out onto the street, a determined set to his jaw. "Hey!" he started shouting, trying to get the guard"s attention. "Hey! Daytona!"

The blue-uniformed collaborator seemed to respond to that, turning around and looking for the source of his name being shouted. When he saw Mikal and locked eyes with him, a look of shock and surprise set in to his face.

Mikal just shook his head and stuck up his middle finger.

"DDO ELITE!" Daytona began shouting, waving for the nearest soldier in a panicked hurry. "IT"S THE DDO ELITE!"

BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

The guard outpost was blown up in an impressive fireball of C4 and gasoline, the shockwave from the blast instantly killing Daytona and knocking Mikal onto his back. Mikal sat up slowly, rubbing his head, a loud ringing present in his ears. He felt hands on his back, his arms, trying to pick him up quickly. "Mikal! Mikal! We gotta get going!" Endarkened shouted, picking him up and giving him a shove back toward the shops for cover.

YYW viewed the results of their work, a satisfied look on his face, before the sound of an approaching engine grabbing his attention. YYW looked up and let out an annoyed Tsk! at the sight of an approaching tank, its treads rolling over any of the debris from the explosion. "Time to get out of here." YYW mused quickly, letting out another loud whistle to signal those below to leave before turning to book it out of there himself. The four down on the ground level heard the whistle and began to leave themselves, Mikal and Endarkened heading down an alleyway, while Thett and Robert went further up the street and ducked into a storefront.

---

"Thett! In here, quick, before that thing spots us!" ClassicRobert said, waving Thett into the doorway before going in himself, the pair ducking behind the door as they sat in silence, waiting for the tank to roll past. Thirty seconds seemed to stretch on for an eternity as the two of them sat there in silence, staring at the floor as they waited for the sound of the engine to pass them before they looked up and around at their surroundings. Thett was the first to look up and realize where they were, and laughed a little. "Dude, Robert, look." Thett said, causing Robert to look up.

The pair of AK-toting teenagers looked up at the crowded Subway they had ducked into, the patrons of the sandwich shop giving them shocked, fearful stares. What was once a loud, pleasant restaurant was now paralyzed in frozen silence.

The two of them got up immediately, weapons raised to keep them all seated. "Nobody move!" Robert shouted as Thett jumped up onto the counter, grabbing a trash bag and shoving it at the poor employee. "Sandwich artist, fill this bag with delicious food and bread." Thett demanded. The worker took the bag, hands shaking, either from fear or confusion. "What bread do you want?" he asked carefully, evidently trying to keep his voice level.

Robert came over to join in. "Anything, just not flatbread. Italian, wheat, honey oat." He shot out, jerking his head back toward the door as the sound of a car engine came nearby. "Quick! Hide!" Robert said quickly, the two of them hopping the counter and ducking behind it. Thett looked around the ground behind the counter, eventually finding a large bucket and pressing it against all the soda machine prongs as the bucket slowly became filled with an interesting concoction of sodas. "Keep going!" Thett whispered fiercely at the employee, who resumed filling the bag with different meats and cheeses.

A few minutes later, the back door was kicked open, the pair of them running out of the back of the store. The bucket of soda Thett was carrying was sloshing to and fro as they ran, and the pair giggled all the way back to the hideout.

--->
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 3:38:26 PM
--->

The group all lounged around the hideout, munching on the snacks that Thett and Robert retrieved from Subway, enjoying the change of pace. "Oh god, that was so good." Wylted moaned out, tossing the few crumbs of his sandwich onto the designated trash bag and leaning back, content with his full stomach. "You know what I miss? Pizza." He said a moment later, getting a few nods from the others. "Working toilets." Endarkened quickly mused after, getting a chuckle from the others. "Call of Duty." Thett said, which Robert just laughed at. "Dude, we"re living in Call of Duty right now. It sucks." Robert retorted. "Man, y"all are amateurs. I miss girls." Zmike said, instantly causing esocial to glare at him. Mike looked over, feeling the deathly gaze from his fianc"e before shaking his head. "No, like hot girls." Mike said, quickly realizing that hadn"t helped the situation when the glare turned into a death stare. "I mean, like, girls without AKs." He finally said, which earned a roll of the eyes from esocial. "Who needs AKs?" she joked, pegging zmike in the head with a wadded up napkin, to the rest of the group"s amusement.

YYW just smiled, leaning back and watching all the fun. For now, life was good. They still had a lot to do, and they weren"t anywhere near winning this, but it was a start.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 3:41:23 PM
Finding time to post these is turning into a challenge all of itself >.> I finished this episode yesterday, but couldn't post it due to the fact that the coffee shop's free wifi that I was borrowing went down on me just before I could post it. But oh well.
Romanii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 5:12:44 PM
I hate that stupid glitch where DDO replaces all the apostrophes and dot-dot-dots with quotation marks whenever you copy-paste from a word processor -_-
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 6:37:17 PM
Edb8, DDO Elite, action sequences, shooting, the deaths of several members, an episode longer than a single post - it's all brilliant!

Mikal and Daytona's exchange was accurate.

I wonder if YYW would really risk bsh1 in a trap like that though. ;-)
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 6:53:17 PM
At 6/25/2014 3:41:23 PM, Zaradi wrote:
That was a different level of awesome. :)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 7:20:51 PM
At 6/25/2014 3:38:26 PM, Zaradi wrote:
--->

The group all lounged around the hideout, munching on the snacks that Thett and Robert retrieved from Subway, enjoying the change of pace. "Oh god, that was so good." Wylted moaned out, tossing the few crumbs of his sandwich onto the designated trash bag and leaning back, content with his full stomach. "You know what I miss? Pizza." He said a moment later, getting a few nods from the others. "Working toilets." Endarkened quickly mused after, getting a chuckle from the others. "Call of Duty." Thett said, which Robert just laughed at. "Dude, we"re living in Call of Duty right now. It sucks." Robert retorted. "Man, y"all are amateurs. I miss girls." Zmike said, instantly causing esocial to glare at him. Mike looked over, feeling the deathly gaze from his fianc"e before shaking his head. "No, like hot girls." Mike said, quickly realizing that hadn"t helped the situation when the glare turned into a death stare. "I mean, like, girls without AKs." He finally said, which earned a roll of the eyes from esocial. "Who needs AKs?" she joked, pegging zmike in the head with a wadded up napkin, to the rest of the group"s amusement.

YYW just smiled, leaning back and watching all the fun. For now, life was good. They still had a lot to do, and they weren"t anywhere near winning this, but it was a start.

fuking awesome mate
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2014 6:33:36 PM
I just had time to sit down and read all of this, and it's spectacular. It's like reading a Tom Clancey novel with DDO as its list of characters. I love it.
Tsar of DDO
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2014 8:35:47 PM
At 6/27/2014 6:33:36 PM, YYW wrote:
I just had time to sit down and read all of this, and it's spectacular. It's like reading a Tom Clancey novel with DDO as its list of characters. I love it.

Oh. Well then. <3
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2014 9:23:36 PM
At 6/27/2014 8:35:47 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Oh. Well then. <3

Yeah man. This is really, very good.
Tsar of DDO
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2014 9:33:29 PM
At 6/27/2014 9:23:36 PM, YYW wrote:

Oh. Well then. <3

No sarcasm?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2014 9:41:40 PM
At 6/27/2014 9:33:29 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Oh. Well then. <3

No sarcasm?

No sarcasm at all. I've liked every one you've written so far.
Tsar of DDO
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2014 9:44:10 PM
At 6/27/2014 9:41:40 PM, YYW wrote:

Oh. Well then. <3

No sarcasm?

Well that was unexpected <3 I'll take it though. Thank you.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2014 9:46:49 PM
At 6/27/2014 9:44:10 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 6/27/2014 9:41:40 PM, YYW wrote:

Oh. Well then. <3

No sarcasm?

Well that was unexpected <3 I'll take it though. Thank you.

Credit where it's due, dude. Keep this up!
Tsar of DDO