Total Posts:105|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Congratulations to our newest HoFers

airmax1227
Posts: 13,240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 8:32:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago

Hall of Fame Members


Kleptin
Bladerunner060
Mikal
Bsh1

Hall of Fame Debates


Mikal vs. Roy: Death Penalty
Thett3 vs. Roy: Voting
zmike vs. Zarroette: Abortion

Hall of Fame Threads


Confirmation Bias
Moderation Policy
Last Comment Wins

...

It was certainly an interesting Hall of Fame voting cycle, and there are a number of interesting notes:

Bladerunner is the 5th DDO President to be selected to the HOF, joining Innomen, Airmax, Cody, and TUF. With Bladerunner's selection, this is the 5th (out of 5) HoF classes that includes a DDO President being selected.

Bsh becomes the 4th DDO Vice President to be selected to the HOF, joining Innomen, Freedo, and Cody.

With Mikal and Kleptin's selection into the HoF, the members with the top 5 ELO are now all in the HOF (Mikal, Roy, Kleptin, Danielle, and Bluesteel) and 7 out of the top 8 (Ore_ele, Thett).

With two RoyLatham debates selected, he now has a total of four of his debates featured in the HoF. Thett now has two of his debates featured, joining Danielle, MassiveDump, and Roy as members with more than one debate featured.

Two of the three selected HoF threads were posted by members in the HoF. Last Comment Wins by ImaBench and Moderation Policy by Airmax.

This is the second HoF class which featured a tied category (more than 3 selections). The 4th HoF class features four inducted debates.

...
Debate.org Moderator
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 8:34:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/25/2014 8:32:16 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Hall of Fame Members


Kleptin
Bladerunner060
Mikal
Bsh1

Hall of Fame Debates


Mikal vs. Roy: Death Penalty
Thett3 vs. Roy: Voting
zmike vs. Zarroette: Abortion

Hall of Fame Threads


Confirmation Bias
Moderation Policy
Last Comment Wins

...

It was certainly an interesting Hall of Fame voting cycle, and there are a number of interesting notes:

Bladerunner is the 5th DDO President to be selected to the HOF, joining Innomen, Airmax, Cody, and TUF. With Bladerunner's selection, this is the 5th (out of 5) HoF classes that includes a DDO President being selected.

Bsh becomes the 4th DDO Vice President to be selected to the HOF, joining Innomen, Freedo, and Cody.

With Mikal and Kleptin's selection into the HoF, the members with the top 5 ELO are now all in the HOF (Mikal, Roy, Kleptin, Danielle, and Bluesteel) and 7 out of the top 8 (Ore_ele, Thett).

With two RoyLatham debates selected, he now has a total of four of his debates featured in the HoF. Thett now has two of his debates featured, joining Danielle, MassiveDump, and Roy as members with more than one debate featured.

Two of the three selected HoF threads were posted by members in the HoF. Last Comment Wins by ImaBench and Moderation Policy by Airmax.

This is the second HoF class which featured a tied category (more than 3 selections). The 4th HoF class features four inducted debates.

...
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 8:36:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Congrats to everyone!

And sorry for almost ruining it. Lol. xD
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 8:39:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Congrats! :)
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 8:40:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm far more interested in reading the bios than who actually gets into the HOF :P. I'd kind of like to see,in the future, a justification for what makes the debates/forums inducted into the HOF special too
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 8:42:09 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/25/2014 8:40:56 PM, thett3 wrote:
I'm far more interested in reading the bios than who actually gets into the HOF :P. I'd kind of like to see,in the future, a justification for what makes the debates/forums inducted into the HOF special too

+10

would love to see the debates with descrips
Raisor
Posts: 4,459
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 8:42:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/25/2014 8:32:16 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Hall of Fame Members


Kleptin
Bladerunner060
Mikal
Bsh1

Hall of Fame Debates


Mikal vs. Roy: Death Penalty
Thett3 vs. Roy: Voting
zmike vs. Zarroette: Abortion

Hall of Fame Threads


Confirmation Bias
Moderation Policy
Last Comment Wins

...

It was certainly an interesting Hall of Fame voting cycle, and there are a number of interesting notes:

Bladerunner is the 5th DDO President to be selected to the HOF, joining Innomen, Airmax, Cody, and TUF. With Bladerunner's selection, this is the 5th (out of 5) HoF classes that includes a DDO President being selected.

Bsh becomes the 4th DDO Vice President to be selected to the HOF, joining Innomen, Freedo, and Cody.

With Mikal and Kleptin's selection into the HoF, the members with the top 5 ELO are now all in the HOF (Mikal, Roy, Kleptin, Danielle, and Bluesteel) and 7 out of the top 8 (Ore_ele, Thett).

With two RoyLatham debates selected, he now has a total of four of his debates featured in the HoF. Thett now has two of his debates featured, joining Danielle, MassiveDump, and Roy as members with more than one debate featured.

Two of the three selected HoF threads were posted by members in the HoF. Last Comment Wins by ImaBench and Moderation Policy by Airmax.

This is the second HoF class which featured a tied category (more than 3 selections). The 4th HoF class features four inducted debates.

...

What's a Kleptin?
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 8:49:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://www.debate.org...

At 6/25/2014 7:08:27 PM, bsh1 wrote:
OFFICIAL H.O.F VOTE TALLY

Users

bsh1 - 22*
Mikal - 23
Bladerunner060 - 22
Kleptin - 22
Noumena (SocialPinko) - 14
GodChoosesLife - 7

[...]

*Has asked to have his name withdrawn from consideration

I can understand if this irrelevant since HoF does not involve effort from the nominees.
0x5f3759df
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 8:51:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Petition that whether Bsh likes it or not his name should be in the HoF:
1. Annie
2.
3.
4.
5.
to infinity & beyond
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Raisor
Posts: 4,459
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2014 9:06:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/25/2014 8:49:58 PM, Bullish wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

At 6/25/2014 7:08:27 PM, bsh1 wrote:
OFFICIAL H.O.F VOTE TALLY

Users

bsh1 - 22*
Mikal - 23
Bladerunner060 - 22
Kleptin - 22
Noumena (SocialPinko) - 14
GodChoosesLife - 7

[...]

*Has asked to have his name withdrawn from consideration

I can understand if this irrelevant since HoF does not involve effort from the nominees.

It is irrelevant because it is the fallout of bullsht forum drama.
lannan13
Posts: 23,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 5:25:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Congrats.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Posts: 23,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 9:52:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/26/2014 9:40:36 AM, Romanii wrote:
Who's writing the bios?

They just ask random people.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
YYW
Posts: 36,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 10:47:38 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/26/2014 9:52:40 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/26/2014 9:40:36 AM, Romanii wrote:
Who's writing the bios?

They just ask random people.

Not really. Typically people who know the HOF winners well, and are capable or writing a good bio get picked.
Tsar of DDO
Romanii
Posts: 4,851
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 1:14:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/26/2014 10:47:38 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/26/2014 9:52:40 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/26/2014 9:40:36 AM, Romanii wrote:
Who's writing the bios?

They just ask random people.

Not really. Typically people who know the HOF winners well, and are capable or writing a good bio get picked.

I'm gonna take a wild guess at who's gonna write bsh1's bio...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 1:43:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/26/2014 1:14:39 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 6/26/2014 10:47:38 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/26/2014 9:52:40 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/26/2014 9:40:36 AM, Romanii wrote:
Who's writing the bios?

They just ask random people.

Not really. Typically people who know the HOF winners well, and are capable or writing a good bio get picked.

I'm gonna take a wild guess at who's gonna write bsh1's bio...

I have decided not to appear in the HOF thread, and already informed Airmax of that choice. But, if I did appear, there is no one else I'd even consider.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Romanii
Posts: 4,851
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 1:48:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/26/2014 1:43:20 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/26/2014 1:14:39 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 6/26/2014 10:47:38 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/26/2014 9:52:40 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/26/2014 9:40:36 AM, Romanii wrote:
Who's writing the bios?

They just ask random people.

Not really. Typically people who know the HOF winners well, and are capable or writing a good bio get picked.

I'm gonna take a wild guess at who's gonna write bsh1's bio...

I have decided not to appear in the HOF thread, and already informed Airmax of that choice. But, if I did appear, there is no one else I'd even consider.

Taking your name off the HoF thread is a disservice to the HoF thread...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 1:51:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/26/2014 1:48:36 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 6/26/2014 1:43:20 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/26/2014 1:14:39 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 6/26/2014 10:47:38 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/26/2014 9:52:40 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/26/2014 9:40:36 AM, Romanii wrote:
Who's writing the bios?

They just ask random people.

Not really. Typically people who know the HOF winners well, and are capable or writing a good bio get picked.

I'm gonna take a wild guess at who's gonna write bsh1's bio...

I have decided not to appear in the HOF thread, and already informed Airmax of that choice. But, if I did appear, there is no one else I'd even consider.

Taking your name off the HoF thread is a disservice to the HoF thread...

No, it isn't...I've put a lot of thought into this, and I'm going to go ahead.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Romanii
Posts: 4,851
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 1:55:10 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/26/2014 1:51:58 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/26/2014 1:48:36 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 6/26/2014 1:43:20 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/26/2014 1:14:39 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 6/26/2014 10:47:38 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/26/2014 9:52:40 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/26/2014 9:40:36 AM, Romanii wrote:
Who's writing the bios?

They just ask random people.

Not really. Typically people who know the HOF winners well, and are capable or writing a good bio get picked.

I'm gonna take a wild guess at who's gonna write bsh1's bio...

I have decided not to appear in the HOF thread, and already informed Airmax of that choice. But, if I did appear, there is no one else I'd even consider.

Taking your name off the HoF thread is a disservice to the HoF thread...

No, it isn't...I've put a lot of thought into this, and I'm going to go ahead.

What's the rationale behind it? Please don't tell me this has to do with the voting drama thing -_-
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 1:57:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/26/2014 1:55:10 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 6/26/2014 1:51:58 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/26/2014 1:48:36 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 6/26/2014 1:43:20 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/26/2014 1:14:39 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 6/26/2014 10:47:38 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/26/2014 9:52:40 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/26/2014 9:40:36 AM, Romanii wrote:
Who's writing the bios?

They just ask random people.

Not really. Typically people who know the HOF winners well, and are capable or writing a good bio get picked.

I'm gonna take a wild guess at who's gonna write bsh1's bio...

I have decided not to appear in the HOF thread, and already informed Airmax of that choice. But, if I did appear, there is no one else I'd even consider.

Taking your name off the HoF thread is a disservice to the HoF thread...

No, it isn't...I've put a lot of thought into this, and I'm going to go ahead.

What's the rationale behind it? Please don't tell me this has to do with the voting drama thing -_-

Yes it does...and I really don't want to go through it again. I've already explained it to at least 5 people, and I argued about it with 4 of those 5.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
YYW
Posts: 36,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 2:37:28 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/26/2014 1:55:10 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 6/26/2014 1:51:58 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/26/2014 1:48:36 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 6/26/2014 1:43:20 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/26/2014 1:14:39 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 6/26/2014 10:47:38 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/26/2014 9:52:40 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/26/2014 9:40:36 AM, Romanii wrote:
Who's writing the bios?

They just ask random people.

Not really. Typically people who know the HOF winners well, and are capable or writing a good bio get picked.

I'm gonna take a wild guess at who's gonna write bsh1's bio...

I have decided not to appear in the HOF thread, and already informed Airmax of that choice. But, if I did appear, there is no one else I'd even consider.

Taking your name off the HoF thread is a disservice to the HoF thread...

No, it isn't...I've put a lot of thought into this, and I'm going to go ahead.

What's the rationale behind it? Please don't tell me this has to do with the voting drama thing -_-

Of course it does. Raisor created an issue because he feels like he's entitled to be a member of the HOF, but the voters disagreed. For whatever reason, he's got an issue with bsh1 and he's apparently had an issue with me for a while. I only recently became aware of this. So, he had an opportunity to create drama and that's exactly what he did, and Brian is so honorable that even the pretense of suspicion, despite the fact that it's absolutely baseless, is enough to make him not want to be involved.
Tsar of DDO
Romanii
Posts: 4,851
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 2:43:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/26/2014 2:37:28 PM, YYW wrote:
At 6/26/2014 1:55:10 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 6/26/2014 1:51:58 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/26/2014 1:48:36 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 6/26/2014 1:43:20 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/26/2014 1:14:39 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 6/26/2014 10:47:38 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/26/2014 9:52:40 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/26/2014 9:40:36 AM, Romanii wrote:
Who's writing the bios?

They just ask random people.

Not really. Typically people who know the HOF winners well, and are capable or writing a good bio get picked.

I'm gonna take a wild guess at who's gonna write bsh1's bio...

I have decided not to appear in the HOF thread, and already informed Airmax of that choice. But, if I did appear, there is no one else I'd even consider.

Taking your name off the HoF thread is a disservice to the HoF thread...

No, it isn't...I've put a lot of thought into this, and I'm going to go ahead.

What's the rationale behind it? Please don't tell me this has to do with the voting drama thing -_-

Of course it does. Raisor created an issue because he feels like he's entitled to be a member of the HOF, but the voters disagreed. For whatever reason, he's got an issue with bsh1 and he's apparently had an issue with me for a while. I only recently became aware of this. So, he had an opportunity to create drama and that's exactly what he did, and Brian is so honorable that even the pretense of suspicion, despite the fact that it's absolutely baseless, is enough to make him not want to be involved.

But Raisor admitted that the whole conspiracy thing was a tasteless joke.... and even if he was serious, pretty much everyone on DDO has enough trust in Bsh1 to not believe such a thing.... not to mention that Bsh1 rejected the triple voting stuff right from the start. The possibility of a few mentally deficient people still actually believing Bsh1 tried cheating is no reason to take his name off. I respect his decision to do so, but I still maintain that it is not necessary.
YYW
Posts: 36,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 3:10:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/26/2014 2:43:13 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 6/26/2014 2:37:28 PM, YYW wrote:
At 6/26/2014 1:55:10 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 6/26/2014 1:51:58 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/26/2014 1:48:36 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 6/26/2014 1:43:20 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 6/26/2014 1:14:39 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 6/26/2014 10:47:38 AM, YYW wrote:
At 6/26/2014 9:52:40 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 6/26/2014 9:40:36 AM, Romanii wrote:
Who's writing the bios?

They just ask random people.

Not really. Typically people who know the HOF winners well, and are capable or writing a good bio get picked.

I'm gonna take a wild guess at who's gonna write bsh1's bio...

I have decided not to appear in the HOF thread, and already informed Airmax of that choice. But, if I did appear, there is no one else I'd even consider.

Taking your name off the HoF thread is a disservice to the HoF thread...

No, it isn't...I've put a lot of thought into this, and I'm going to go ahead.

What's the rationale behind it? Please don't tell me this has to do with the voting drama thing -_-

Of course it does. Raisor created an issue because he feels like he's entitled to be a member of the HOF, but the voters disagreed. For whatever reason, he's got an issue with bsh1 and he's apparently had an issue with me for a while. I only recently became aware of this. So, he had an opportunity to create drama and that's exactly what he did, and Brian is so honorable that even the pretense of suspicion, despite the fact that it's absolutely baseless, is enough to make him not want to be involved.

But Raisor admitted that the whole conspiracy thing was a tasteless joke.... and even if he was serious, pretty much everyone on DDO has enough trust in Bsh1 to not believe such a thing.... not to mention that Bsh1 rejected the triple voting stuff right from the start. The possibility of a few mentally deficient people still actually believing Bsh1 tried cheating is no reason to take his name off. I respect his decision to do so, but I still maintain that it is not necessary.

Raisor's apology wasn't good enough, and all others who contributed to that load of bile owe Bsh1 an individual apology.
Tsar of DDO
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 4:01:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Look, there have been a few issue over the last 2 months where various users have question my integrity as a voter, as moderator/host, and as a user. Still others have attacked YYW's integrity, which feels like an attack on me as well, since I care so much about him. I would rather my name never appear in the HOF--which is what I have decided to do--than have any question as to my character, or YYW's character, regardless of who expresses that doubt.

I have tried to be a contributive, positive member on this site, and I hope to continue to be so. I don't need to appear in the HOF to do that, or to enjoy my time on DDO.

I understand that Raisor was simply joking, and I accepted his apology; I feel no animosity towards Raisor. But the very fact that he would make that joke underscores a bigger point: that people are starting to feel as if I've crossed some sort of line, or as if YYW and I are colluding for some greater benefit. However false these allegation are, they bother me a lot. Such jokes, even without ill-intent or malice, just prove to me that this is how people are starting to see me and YYW in the back of their minds. It concerns me.

That is why I've reached the conclusion I have. I believe it is the right thing to do. I would prefer not to be recognized ever, than to have my recognition marred by controversy.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 4:09:29 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
So... since all Hell has broken loose or is doing so, is it true that once you deny being in the HoF, you can never be in?

And out of curiousity, what is the point of that rule?

Also, the point of the HoF is to point out great users. If bsh doesn't and will never get in now, how is that fair?
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
YYW
Posts: 36,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2014 4:16:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I do not believe Raisor's apology. I believe he made it as an expedient act of socially expected lip service than a genuine indication of contrition and I am amazed that a member who has been around as long as he has would reduce himself to that level.

I think that all those who have ever questioned Bsh1's integrity acutely undercut their value to this site as surely as I believe Raisor meant what he said because it was consistent with a trend of behavior where he's demonstrated subtile hostile to Bsh1 and I.
Tsar of DDO