Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

*Presidential Update -- Week 2*

bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2014 10:30:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hi again folks!

As promised, an at-least-slightly early update. I'm going to try to generally keep things as short as possible while still keeping to that regular update schedule.

I'm finally starting to get down to the proverbial nitty-gritty in terms of trying to get things done, which is good since I get antsy.

I've continued to talk to airmax--I'm hoping that we'll have some more clarification of moderation in the next week or so; it'll be a step-by-step process, but I'm optimistic at least one topic come out soon.

I have a few announcements, too!

TUF has agreed to join the administration as the Director of Site Development. He'll be helping me interact with Juggle to get site improvements implemented. Obviously, that's not going to be a speedy process. But we're very grateful he's willing to help out!

whiteflame has been kind enough to be willing to help us head up the voting effort. I don't have a fancy name for his position yet. Maybe the Director of Voting Development? Titles really aren't that important--what is important is that he's a fantastic voter, and perfect to head up this effort. He'll be reaching out to folks to help him, but anyone who'd like to reach out to him should please do so!

I'm still reaching out to other members to get specific teams going--anyone interested in helping out should, as always, shoot me a PM. The more help, the better.

I'll close this week again with a reminder: All debates are intended to have votes under my administration. Any debate that doesn't have a vote by the time there's less than 48 hours left in the Voting Period, please shoot me a PM, and I will ensure it gets at least a vote--no debates should go unvoted.

As always, all members should feel free to contact me or bsh1 if they have any questions, concerns, or want to help.

Thanks again for your time, DDO, and I'll be posting again in a week-ish!
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2014 11:57:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hello bladerunner,

Thank you for the weeks updates you've been promising to do for everyone. Glad to hear of things being worked on and discussed through with others. As last time, if there Is anything I can do to help, please let ME know. :)

Hope all is well you personally though, blessings!
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 1:02:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Blade Administration Accomplishments

- nothing
- nothing
- nothing

Every good president needs a partisan proponent group. Who wants to establish the voting bloc?
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Ragnar
Posts: 1,658
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 1:32:51 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Regarding trying to ensure every debate is voted on: A simple search within the voting period debates, can be set from least to most votes. http://www.debate.org...

Only problem is a decent number of unvoted and utterly unadvertised, are victims of mouth diarrhea.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 2:45:34 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I am going to find a workaround for the system, and then use it as an excuse to call balderunner out as breaking his campaign promise.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
orangemayhem
Posts: 333
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 6:22:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 2:45:34 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I am going to find a workaround for the system, and then use it as an excuse to call balderunner out as breaking his campaign promise.

Yes, because that's absolutely what a productive member of the site would devote his/her time to.
I'm back (ish).
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 6:22:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 6:22:00 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:45:34 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I am going to find a workaround for the system, and then use it as an excuse to call balderunner out as breaking his campaign promise.

Yes, because that's absolutely what a productive member of the site would devote his/her time to.

it's jifpop, what other stuff would he do with his time
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 6:23:08 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 6:22:00 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:45:34 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I am going to find a workaround for the system, and then use it as an excuse to call balderunner out as breaking his campaign promise.

Yes, because that's absolutely what a productive member of the site would devote his/her time to.

This site isn't about being a part of a community. That's a mistake many make in different areas of life. Some things are best used for personal entertainment.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
orangemayhem
Posts: 333
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 6:27:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 6:23:08 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:22:00 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:45:34 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I am going to find a workaround for the system, and then use it as an excuse to call balderunner out as breaking his campaign promise.

Yes, because that's absolutely what a productive member of the site would devote his/her time to.

This site isn't about being a part of a community. That's a mistake many make in different areas of life. Some things are best used for personal entertainment.

I don't actually recall DDO signing up to be the guinea pig for your instinct to irritate.
I'm back (ish).
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 6:28:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 6:27:06 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:23:08 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:22:00 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:45:34 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I am going to find a workaround for the system, and then use it as an excuse to call balderunner out as breaking his campaign promise.

Yes, because that's absolutely what a productive member of the site would devote his/her time to.

This site isn't about being a part of a community. That's a mistake many make in different areas of life. Some things are best used for personal entertainment.

I don't actually recall DDO signing up to be the guinea pig for your instinct to irritate.

Still ignoring my OP. Agree with Sadolite here. This site isn't about building a community. It's about having a fun debate and logging off. Something I've been glad to discover.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 6:31:44 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 6:28:25 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:27:06 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:23:08 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:22:00 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:45:34 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I am going to find a workaround for the system, and then use it as an excuse to call balderunner out as breaking his campaign promise.

Yes, because that's absolutely what a productive member of the site would devote his/her time to.

This site isn't about being a part of a community. That's a mistake many make in different areas of life. Some things are best used for personal entertainment.

I don't actually recall DDO signing up to be the guinea pig for your instinct to irritate.

Still ignoring my OP. Agree with Sadolite here. This site isn't about building a community. It's about having a fun debate and logging off. Something I've been glad to discover.

It's only not about community , if the community rejects you. You are just irritable for past mistakes. You made an attempt at being apart of the community and got banned in response.

When you convert yourself, you will be accepted. Until then continue acting like you don't care.
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 6:35:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 6:31:44 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:28:25 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:27:06 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:23:08 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:22:00 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:45:34 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I am going to find a workaround for the system, and then use it as an excuse to call balderunner out as breaking his campaign promise.

Yes, because that's absolutely what a productive member of the site would devote his/her time to.

This site isn't about being a part of a community. That's a mistake many make in different areas of life. Some things are best used for personal entertainment.

I don't actually recall DDO signing up to be the guinea pig for your instinct to irritate.

Still ignoring my OP. Agree with Sadolite here. This site isn't about building a community. It's about having a fun debate and logging off. Something I've been glad to discover.

It's only not about community , if the community rejects you. You are just irritable for past mistakes. You made an attempt at being apart of the community and got banned in response.

When you convert yourself, you will be accepted. Until then continue acting like you don't care.

Ignoring your ad hominens and uncalled for rudeness, if DDO is not a community site to me, I should not care what the community thinks of me, correct? This is the crux of the problem. Should I treat this site as some tangled web of drama and connections, or use it solely for a conduit for good debates and maybe a mafia game once in awhile. Which is why I don't spend time talking to you guy's here. I am mostly logging on to do a debate, or talk about an issue I like. Which is why I'm only laughing at your attempts at insulting me. They really don't matter, because you really don't matter to me. If I went on the internet to be talked down to by irrelevant people, then I deserve your attitude.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 6:39:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 6:35:32 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:31:44 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:28:25 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:27:06 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:23:08 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:22:00 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:45:34 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I am going to find a workaround for the system, and then use it as an excuse to call balderunner out as breaking his campaign promise.

Yes, because that's absolutely what a productive member of the site would devote his/her time to.

This site isn't about being a part of a community. That's a mistake many make in different areas of life. Some things are best used for personal entertainment.

I don't actually recall DDO signing up to be the guinea pig for your instinct to irritate.

Still ignoring my OP. Agree with Sadolite here. This site isn't about building a community. It's about having a fun debate and logging off. Something I've been glad to discover.

It's only not about community , if the community rejects you. You are just irritable for past mistakes. You made an attempt at being apart of the community and got banned in response.

When you convert yourself, you will be accepted. Until then continue acting like you don't care.

Ignoring your ad hominens and uncalled for rudeness, if DDO is not a community site to me, I should not care what the community thinks of me, correct? This is the crux of the problem. Should I treat this site as some tangled web of drama and connections, or use it solely for a conduit for good debates and maybe a mafia game once in awhile. Which is why I don't spend time talking to you guy's here. I am mostly logging on to do a debate, or talk about an issue I like. Which is why I'm only laughing at your attempts at insulting me. They really don't matter, because you really don't matter to me. If I went on the internet to be talked down to by irrelevant people, then I deserve your attitude.

Whether I matter to your or not is a non sequitur. What matters is that your entire argument is a lie, and you did care about the community. I could link to 100 posts where you spammed stuff about the DDO revolution and tried to be apart of the community. When you got called out for your actions, you started to act like you didn't care. You cared so much you got banned

It's perfectly fine if you want to act like you don't care about people, but notice that people really don't care about you either. Which is what lead to you being banned in the first place. If you acted civil and proper, you could actually make friends
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 6:45:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 6:39:45 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:35:32 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:31:44 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:28:25 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:27:06 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:23:08 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:22:00 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:45:34 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I am going to find a workaround for the system, and then use it as an excuse to call balderunner out as breaking his campaign promise.

Yes, because that's absolutely what a productive member of the site would devote his/her time to.

This site isn't about being a part of a community. That's a mistake many make in different areas of life. Some things are best used for personal entertainment.

I don't actually recall DDO signing up to be the guinea pig for your instinct to irritate.

Still ignoring my OP. Agree with Sadolite here. This site isn't about building a community. It's about having a fun debate and logging off. Something I've been glad to discover.

It's only not about community , if the community rejects you. You are just irritable for past mistakes. You made an attempt at being apart of the community and got banned in response.

When you convert yourself, you will be accepted. Until then continue acting like you don't care.

Ignoring your ad hominens and uncalled for rudeness, if DDO is not a community site to me, I should not care what the community thinks of me, correct? This is the crux of the problem. Should I treat this site as some tangled web of drama and connections, or use it solely for a conduit for good debates and maybe a mafia game once in awhile. Which is why I don't spend time talking to you guy's here. I am mostly logging on to do a debate, or talk about an issue I like. Which is why I'm only laughing at your attempts at insulting me. They really don't matter, because you really don't matter to me. If I went on the internet to be talked down to by irrelevant people, then I deserve your attitude.

Whether I matter to your or not is a non sequitur. What matters is that your entire argument is a lie, and you did care about the community.

Maybe once. Life has taught me not to care about irrelevant people tangled up into a web. By saying my argument is a lie, imply you know who I am today. Can you say with absolute certainty that you know who I am today? I would like to inform you, that even more recent and stunning experiences within my life, have taught me some valuable lessons about getting involved with people not involved in you.

So I'll reiterate. Do you know who I am today?

I could link to 100 posts where you spammed stuff about the DDO revolution and tried to be apart of the community. When you got called out for your actions, you started to act like you didn't care. You cared so much you got banned

Really? If any of this is true, which I wont confirm or deny, it really doesn't apply to me as I am at the moment. Mind you, there are some people who have hurt me recently in life. It has taught me faster than many in my life might also expect. Now, if you would please tone down on the blabber?

It's perfectly fine if you want to act like you don't care about people, but notice that people really don't care about you either. Which is what lead to you being banned in the first place. If you acted civil and proper, you could actually make friends

Ad hominens and straw man galore! It really was quite amusing. You know, maybe if you acted civil, and stopped talking to me like an egotistical jack@ss, I might be willing to do the same as well. I think its you who is crossing the line of what is civil and proper right now, and the funny thing, is that unless you know me in real life, you have no way of knowing if I have friends or not.

I like to call this, the raging bull who can't properly attack a contention. Should I get it TM'd?
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 6:50:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 6:45:29 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:39:45 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:35:32 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:

What you are right now is irrelevant, because your past actions led you to believe what you do. Sure you log on to do what you want and can say fuk everyone, but saying that DDO has no point on community is an entire blatant fabrication of the truth. I don't care whether you have friends in life, whether your are capable of making them, or whether you don't have any. I can only judge from your actions on here, which led everyone to exile you.

That is not being rude or ill, it is the flat truth. You show abrasiveness, are constantly annoying, and troll posts you have no reason trolling

Like this post you just hop in and say

accomplishments nothing

when you seek for conflict you will find it, and the fact that you seek it so much disproves your premise about this site lacking a community. You go to the community with ill will in hopes they will fight back and respond to you. You are apart o the community you hate so much whether you like it or not
orangemayhem
Posts: 333
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 6:54:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 6:28:25 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:27:06 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:23:08 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:22:00 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:45:34 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I am going to find a workaround for the system, and then use it as an excuse to call balderunner out as breaking his campaign promise.

Yes, because that's absolutely what a productive member of the site would devote his/her time to.

This site isn't about being a part of a community. That's a mistake many make in different areas of life. Some things are best used for personal entertainment.

I don't actually recall DDO signing up to be the guinea pig for your instinct to irritate.

Still ignoring my OP. Agree with Sadolite here. This site isn't about building a community. It's about having a fun debate and logging off. Something I've been glad to discover.

I'm sorry, but if that is how you perceive the situation, then why are you commenting on this forum? If you only want to debate and play mafia then there's no need to actively try to disrupt those who DO see this site as a community, or for that matter to defame Blade, or to attempt to make his life difficult.

Frankly, you're being an immense hypocrite.
I'm back (ish).
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,373
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 6:55:18 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Umm... Just randomly dropping this in-

Thanks Blade for your updates and I hope you continue to soar in your accomplishments as president.

@wolff, I..umm... Don't think he could achieve EVERYTHING in two weeks, but if you think you can do better, than maybe you should run for President next time. :)

@anyone who isn't ignoring this, I actually didn't hate or despise Jif. He was a good friend of mine...
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 6:58:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 6:50:49 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:45:29 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:39:45 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:35:32 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:


What you are right now is irrelevant, because your past actions led you to believe what you do. Sure you log on to do what you want and can say fuk everyone, but saying that DDO has no point on community is an entire blatant fabrication of the truth.

You cant argue the P, so you decide to straw man and scapegoat. What I said, is that I may of once cared about the community. Your premise is a fallacy, as you have no way of proving I still do today. Mind you, I do not. Which pretty much causes your already weak argument to implode. I have found life much better when you only care for those within your web.

I don't care whether you have friends in life, whether your are capable of making them, or whether you don't have any. I can only judge from your actions on here, which led everyone to exile you.

The jack@ss was let loose in the china shop. Alright, well, lets begin with your overburdened fallacious contention, that everyone has exiled me. So far, during my time on this site, three known people have been jack@ss's to me, two of them coming o agreement. Right now, you're the only one who claims this so called exile. From my understanding of how you analyze things, you are most likely 200% mistaken.


That is not being rude or ill, it is the flat truth. You show abrasiveness, are constantly annoying, and troll posts you have no reason trolling

Lol, I love it. Notice how people always say... "This is not this" after being called out for "this"? "I'm NOT racist, but....". You just told me, blatantly and flat out, "this is not a ad hominen, but....". No, you need a lesson in appropriate conduct. Being truthful, and saying it in a away like you did, was designed to hurt my feelings. Aww, did you do it Mikal? Did your plan succeed? I hope that gets you up in the morning, insulting others based on fallacious reasoning and solely for the purpose of monetary amusement.

Like this post you just hop in and say

accomplishments nothing

when you seek for conflict you will find it, and the fact that you seek it so much disproves your premise about this site lacking a community. You go to the community with ill will in hopes they will fight back and respond to you. You are apart o the community you hate so much whether you like it or not

This is not attacking the OP. You have engaged in misdirection, do to a lack of understanding on an argument that YOU engaged. Succumbing to petty insults and ad hominens, to defend said fallacious reasoning, like people actually give a damn what's in this thread. Now you can go cry about how much you dislike me elsewhere if you don't mind. Insulting me to my face only makes me more entertained.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 7:00:16 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I'm out of this petty "I made the other person look worse" drama. Catch ya later Mikal. You can have your worthless victory. I hope it boosts your self esteem for the next 24 hours.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
Mikal
Posts: 11,270
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 7:04:59 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 6:58:48 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:50:49 AM, Mikal wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:45:29 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:

If I wanted to adhom you I would adhom you. Saying that people don't like you is a trusim, its not even debatable. It's not just three people either. Go read the forums where you make yourself look like an azz

since you have joined you have been a pain in moderation's side
Spammed the polls
got banned 3 times
make a fake account for some reason or another, in hopes people would not realize its you
Go out of your way to put yourself in situations where you have no place being

You literally are a living lie. You can call it a strawman or whatever you want, the fact remains its the truth.
sadolite
Posts: 8,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 8:12:46 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 6:23:08 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:22:00 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:45:34 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I am going to find a workaround for the system, and then use it as an excuse to call balderunner out as breaking his campaign promise.

Yes, because that's absolutely what a productive member of the site would devote his/her time to.

This site isn't about being a part of a community. That's a mistake many make in different areas of life. Some things are best used for personal entertainment.

Bump Amen brother
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Posts: 8,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 8:26:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 8:12:46 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:23:08 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:22:00 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:45:34 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I am going to find a workaround for the system, and then use it as an excuse to call balderunner out as breaking his campaign promise.

Yes, because that's absolutely what a productive member of the site would devote his/her time to.

This site isn't about being a part of a community. That's a mistake many make in different areas of life. Some things are best used for personal entertainment.

Bump Amen brother

The last thing you want DDO to become is a "community" A community by it's very definition is like mined group think. DDO needs to be filled with independent thinkers who don't want to part of any group or community so as to expand alternative points of view. This is supposed to be the essence of DDO, not having to conform to community standards and tow the community line yet still be welcome to opine no matter how much it gets other peoples panties in a bunch.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Posts: 8,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 9:42:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 8:26:56 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 6/28/2014 8:12:46 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:23:08 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:22:00 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:45:34 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I am going to find a workaround for the system, and then use it as an excuse to call balderunner out as breaking his campaign promise.

Yes, because that's absolutely what a productive member of the site would devote his/her time to.

This site isn't about being a part of a community. That's a mistake many make in different areas of life. Some things are best used for personal entertainment.

Bump Amen brother

The last thing you want DDO to become is a "community" A community by it's very definition is like mined group think. DDO needs to be filled with independent thinkers who don't want to part of any group or community so as to expand alternative points of view. This is supposed to be the essence of DDO, not having to conform to community standards and tow the community line yet still be welcome to opine no matter how much it gets other peoples panties in a bunch.

Confirmation bias rules the community
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Raisor
Posts: 4,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:32:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 8:26:56 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 6/28/2014 8:12:46 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:23:08 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:22:00 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:45:34 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I am going to find a workaround for the system, and then use it as an excuse to call balderunner out as breaking his campaign promise.

Yes, because that's absolutely what a productive member of the site would devote his/her time to.

This site isn't about being a part of a community. That's a mistake many make in different areas of life. Some things are best used for personal entertainment.

Bump Amen brother

The last thing you want DDO to become is a "community" A community by it's very definition is like mined group think. DDO needs to be filled with independent thinkers who don't want to part of any group or community so as to expand alternative points of view. This is supposed to be the essence of DDO, not having to conform to community standards and tow the community line yet still be welcome to opine no matter how much it gets other peoples panties in a bunch.

Does that really describe what your experience with off-line communities has been?

The communities I am a part of in the "real" world are definitely not homogeneous in opinion. I don't see why being an "independent thinker" requires rejecting all community interaction.
sadolite
Posts: 8,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 10:39:47 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 10:32:01 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 6/28/2014 8:26:56 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 6/28/2014 8:12:46 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:23:08 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:22:00 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:45:34 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I am going to find a workaround for the system, and then use it as an excuse to call balderunner out as breaking his campaign promise.

Yes, because that's absolutely what a productive member of the site would devote his/her time to.

This site isn't about being a part of a community. That's a mistake many make in different areas of life. Some things are best used for personal entertainment.

Bump Amen brother

The last thing you want DDO to become is a "community" A community by it's very definition is like mined group think. DDO needs to be filled with independent thinkers who don't want to part of any group or community so as to expand alternative points of view. This is supposed to be the essence of DDO, not having to conform to community standards and tow the community line yet still be welcome to opine no matter how much it gets other peoples panties in a bunch.

Does that really describe what your experience with off-line communities has been?

The communities I am a part of in the "real" world are definitely not homogeneous in opinion. I don't see why being an "independent thinker" requires rejecting all community interaction.

Oh you can interact in a community, but rebuke what the community thinks is best for everyone and see what happens. I live in a community, I have resigned my self to the fact that I am subject to it not part of it. The community at large wants nothing to do with me other than to take my money in the form of taxes. What I think that money should be spent on is in the hands of confirmation bias and the community at large.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
sadolite
Posts: 8,839
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2014 11:32:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/28/2014 10:39:47 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 6/28/2014 10:32:01 AM, Raisor wrote:
At 6/28/2014 8:26:56 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 6/28/2014 8:12:46 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:23:08 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 6/28/2014 6:22:00 AM, orangemayhem wrote:
At 6/28/2014 2:45:34 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I am going to find a workaround for the system, and then use it as an excuse to call balderunner out as breaking his campaign promise.

Yes, because that's absolutely what a productive member of the site would devote his/her time to.

This site isn't about being a part of a community. That's a mistake many make in different areas of life. Some things are best used for personal entertainment.

Bump Amen brother

The last thing you want DDO to become is a "community" A community by it's very definition is like mined group think. DDO needs to be filled with independent thinkers who don't want to part of any group or community so as to expand alternative points of view. This is supposed to be the essence of DDO, not having to conform to community standards and tow the community line yet still be welcome to opine no matter how much it gets other peoples panties in a bunch.

Does that really describe what your experience with off-line communities has been?

The communities I am a part of in the "real" world are definitely not homogeneous in opinion. I don't see why being an "independent thinker" requires rejecting all community interaction.

Oh you can interact in a community, but rebuke what the community thinks is best for everyone and see what happens. I live in a community, I have resigned my self to the fact that I am subject to it not part of it. The community at large wants nothing to do with me other than to take my money in the form of taxes. What I think that money should be spent on is in the hands of confirmation bias and the community at large.

Correction: What I think that money should be spent on is irrelevant. That decision will always be in the hands of confirmation bias and the community at large.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%