At 6/30/2014 12:15:22 AM, Vere_Mendacium wrote:
Forfeited
Abortion is morally permissible within 1st trimester
http://www.debate.org...

Pro (for)
Vere_Mendacium

Con (against) (fortifier)
JasperFrancisShickadance

...Why did you post this here? People forfeit rounds all the time, that's not reason enough to post it here, especially since 2 rounds remain. It's up to you how you want to address the forfeit, and when the debate's done, feel free to post it in the "unvoted debates" section stickied to the top of the forum pages. Don't post it here.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 12:36:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 6/30/2014 12:22:39 AM, whiteflame wrote:
Forfeited

Pro (for)
Vere_Mendacium

JasperFrancisShickadance

...Why did you post this here?

New user.....

He should follow ur advice tho
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 12:51:22 AM
At 6/30/2014 12:36:19 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 6/30/2014 12:22:39 AM, whiteflame wrote:
Forfeited

Pro (for)
Vere_Mendacium

JasperFrancisShickadance

...Why did you post this here?

New user.....

He should follow ur advice tho

Yeah, I realized he was new shortly after posting it.
Vere_Mendacium
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 2:46:13 AM
".Why did you post this here? " Oh, sorry about that. The only think I could find in the FAQ about forfeiture was to post it here. I am new to this site and not sure what to do, I just don't want it to hurt my score. I guess I just keep responding.
JasperFrancisShickadance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 5:16:56 PM
Sorr-ry for forfeiting. I was out of town dude
My cat knows how I feel (inside joke). Oh and I'm a klutz who loves to make people laugh! I want to be remembered for my hospitality and humor.
Vere_Mendacium
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 9:40:26 PM
No worries, this post was actually made incorrectly. You are the first person I have debated on this site, actually ever, so I didn't know what to do when the other person forfeits, so I read the FAQ, and the only thing it mentions on this is to post the event in this forum, which I see now is not appropriate. I just didn't want the event to hurt my non-existent score. We still have 2 more rounds, so I'll consider your circumstances. IDK, is there a way to remove this entire post? I don't see it.
JasperFrancisShickadance
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 9:52:51 PM
At 6/30/2014 9:40:26 PM, Vere_Mendacium wrote:
No worries, this post was actually made incorrectly. You are the first person I have debated on this site, actually ever, so I didn't know what to do when the other person forfeits, so I read the FAQ, and the only thing it mentions on this is to post the event in this forum, which I see now is not appropriate. I just didn't want the event to hurt my non-existent score. We still have 2 more rounds, so I'll consider your circumstances. IDK, is there a way to remove this entire post? I don't see it.

I'm not good with forums either...I rarely post anything. So anyways, I don't know much about it, sorry that I'm no help!!!
My cat knows how I feel (inside joke). Oh and I'm a klutz who loves to make people laugh! I want to be remembered for my hospitality and humor.
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2014 9:58:59 PM
Well, I don't think you should call off the debate due to a single forfeit. Best bet is just to pass the round following, let Jasper give his response, and continue the debate with one fewer rounds than you started with. Voters will likely give you conduct for the forfeit, but the rest of the points are still very much up for grabs.