Jump to topic:

Danish girl needs help for an english word

tjuliet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2014 8:37:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hello! Im a Danish girl who needs some help to find the right word for my upcomming tattoo :).. The Danish word is taknemmelighed but i want the word om my tattoo written in english. Taknemmlighed in danish is : thankful/Grateful/gratitude/appreciate... But i dont know which of theese words is most correct??.. I want to say that you have To be Grateful for life and appreciate what has Been given you... But in the tattoo there will only be one word to descripe that.. And which one would be most correct???
I just want to be sure before i got it printed in my skin for lifetime ;)

Thanks!
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2014 8:39:08 AM
At 7/5/2014 8:37:22 AM, tjuliet wrote:
Hello! Im a Danish girl who needs some help to find the right word for my upcomming tattoo :).. The Danish word is taknemmelighed but i want the word om my tattoo written in english. Taknemmlighed in danish is : thankful/Grateful/gratitude/appreciate... But i dont know which of theese words is most correct??.. I want to say that you have To be Grateful for life and appreciate what has Been given you... But in the tattoo there will only be one word to descripe that.. And which one would be most correct???

Thanks!

Does humble work?
My work here is, finally, done.
Dennybug
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2014 10:23:21 AM

Thanks!

Gonorrhea.

that's a good one encompassing what you're looking for. It really encompasses gratefulness in humanity
ChosenWolff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2014 10:24:10 AM

Thanks!

I think Adam2 has a few ideas. Teehee
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
tjuliet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2014 11:52:58 AM
Thank you very much.. But i think you dont understand my post exacly... Humle is not the word om looking for... The word im looking for is properly either gratefulness, appreciation, gratitude or thankfulness..and i think the right word is gratitude :) if i make a googleserch for tattoos with the word Grateful, many pictures with the tattoo of the word gratitude is shown....

By problem is i dont know when you would use for example gratitude and when you would use gratefullness...

Simply i want to say in one word that you have to be Grateful for your life and appreciate what you have....

Its a bit hard to explain when i know the word in Danish im looking for :)
Intrepidity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2014 2:05:11 PM
"Sanguine" encompasses all of those and is (sort of) non-mainstream word that sounds sophisticated. I would look at giving it a try.
tylergraham95
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2014 6:06:00 PM
At 7/5/2014 11:52:58 AM, tjuliet wrote:
Thank you very much.. But i think you dont understand my post exacly... Humle is not the word om looking for... The word im looking for is properly either gratefulness, appreciation, gratitude or thankfulness..and i think the right word is gratitude :) if i make a googleserch for tattoos with the word Grateful, many pictures with the tattoo of the word gratitude is shown....

By problem is i dont know when you would use for example gratitude and when you would use gratefullness...

Simply i want to say in one word that you have to be Grateful for your life and appreciate what you have....

You want a tattoo that says "Blessed"

They are very popular, but IMHO distasteful.
"we dig" - Jeanette Runquist (1943 - 2015)
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2014 7:43:55 PM
At 7/5/2014 6:06:00 PM, tylergraham95 wrote:
At 7/5/2014 11:52:58 AM, tjuliet wrote:

You want a tattoo that says "Blessed"

They are very popular, but IMHO distasteful.

Yeah I think blessed is probably what you are looking for.