Jump to topic:

No more mass PMs

Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2014 10:16:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old hermit, I'm asking nicely to be omitted from any/all mass PMs. I wasn't planning on logging in to DDO this evening, until i got a dozen emails from a single junk PM that had nothing to do with me. Isn't the first time, probably won't be the last - but please don't. Just leave me out of it, eh? Life's too short to deal with all the spam, and I really don't want to disable ALL email notifications from DDO.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2014 10:36:11 PM
At 7/5/2014 10:16:17 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old hermit, I'm asking nicely to be omitted from any/all mass PMs. I wasn't planning on logging in to DDO this evening, until i got a dozen emails from a single junk PM that had nothing to do with me. Isn't the first time, probably won't be the last - but please don't. Just leave me out of it, eh? Life's too short to deal with all the spam, and I really don't want to disable ALL email notifications from DDO.

When you have short life sperm, you can't really waste any time at all, really.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2014 10:41:55 PM
At 7/5/2014 10:36:11 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

I'm trying to remember what that was. It's like my mind is repressing the memory of a truly horrific debate, one that would scar me for life if I could recall it. . .
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2014 10:49:40 PM
At 7/5/2014 10:41:55 PM, Chrysippus wrote:

I'm trying to remember what that was. It's like my mind is repressing the memory of a truly horrific debate, one that would scar me for life if I could recall it. . .

I have a lot of things archived in my mind.

http://www.debate.org...
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2014 10:52:33 PM
At 7/5/2014 10:49:40 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

Hah, yes, that was horrible. Possibly the most creative and worst-written love spam I've ever received.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2014 10:55:46 PM
At 7/5/2014 10:52:33 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
At 7/5/2014 10:49:40 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

Hah, yes, that was horrible. Possibly the most creative and worst-written love spam I've ever received.

Someday I hope to become a "respectable business magnet." How awesome would that be, to be able to just attract customers and deals wherever you go?
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2014 11:09:43 PM
At 7/5/2014 10:59:53 PM, Wylted wrote:
Why would you post a thread about this, instead of just sending a pm to your list of friends?

There has to be a good reason why I would choose not to mass PM people. Now what could it be?