Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Come forward

ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 5:39:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Which lonely sad idiot has been pressing refresh on my debate all day? Note: I changed it to 100,000 views (there was no view condition at first) after I saw there was 25,000
http://www.debate.org...
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 5:39:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I think the views are coming from people off debate.org. People who search google on Syria National Factions.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 6:04:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/7/2014 6:02:51 AM, XLAV wrote:
What hacks did you use?
None. I'm pretty sure it was google at this point. Type "Syrian Factions" and this debate shows up.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
XLAV
Posts: 13,730
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 6:07:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/7/2014 6:04:10 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/7/2014 6:02:51 AM, XLAV wrote:
What hacks did you use?
None. I'm pretty sure it was google at this point. Type "Syrian Factions" and this debate shows up.

How much did you pay google?
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 6:11:27 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/7/2014 6:07:55 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 7/7/2014 6:04:10 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/7/2014 6:02:51 AM, XLAV wrote:
What hacks did you use?
None. I'm pretty sure it was google at this point. Type "Syrian Factions" and this debate shows up.

How much did you pay google?
5 million. It just went up to being the top result when you type "Syrian National Factions". Since 100's of articles come out about Syria a day, I find it surprising, and even confusing why mine is the top result. DDO must have some good adwords.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 1:50:34 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/7/2014 12:30:07 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Page refresher
Yeah, I figured out recently that you can hold F5 and it will add 100 views every 10 seconds. Cjkallstar found a automatic page refresher and got it to 100,000
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
ChosenWolff
Posts: 3,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 2:20:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/7/2014 1:52:23 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
So basically, views on debates are totally meaningless.
Apparently. You can cheat yourself 1000 views by holding F5 for one minute.
How about NO elections?

#onlyonedeb8
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 2:26:12 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/7/2014 2:22:42 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Who cares about views though?

I would like it if I could get 10,000 views the honest way.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 2:41:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I have reported your debate. I have stated my reasons for doing so in the comments.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 3:22:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/7/2014 5:39:42 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I think the views are coming from people off debate.org. People who search google on Syria National Factions.

I was thinking the same thing. It's probably a mixture of both. I did google search syria national factions last night just to make sure and your debate is the third thing listed by Google. So it's highly likely that a majority of those views really are from the public using search engines.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,036
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 3:24:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/7/2014 3:22:47 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 7/7/2014 5:39:42 AM, ChosenWolff wrote:
I think the views are coming from people off debate.org. People who search google on Syria National Factions.

I was thinking the same thing. It's probably a mixture of both. I did google search syria national factions last night just to make sure and your debate is the third thing listed by Google. So it's highly likely that a majority of those views really are from the public using search engines.

Scratch that, saw your comment about CJK and the auto-refresher. That's probably the majority of views with a few thousand still being from the search engines.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
XLAV
Posts: 13,730
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 6:47:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/7/2014 1:50:34 PM, ChosenWolff wrote:
At 7/7/2014 12:30:07 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Page refresher
Yeah, I figured out recently that you can hold F5 and it will add 100 views every 10 seconds. Cjkallstar found a automatic page refresher and got it to 100,000

Knew it. Haxs.
xXCryptoXx
Posts: 5,000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2014 11:04:41 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/7/2014 2:26:12 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:
At 7/7/2014 2:22:42 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Who cares about views though?

I would like it if I could get 10,000 views the honest way.

Nobody cares about views. The only thing that matters is how many likes a debate gets. Or heck, even that doesn't technically matter.
Nolite Timere