Jump to topic:

The Weekly Stupid Under New Management

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 1:15:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
As most of you know the Weekly Stupid left with Imabench. MassiveDump delievered 1 episode of the Weekly Stupid. 3 years ago I personally asked Imabench weather or not I could take part and do the Weekly Stupid at my high school of Topeka High. He agreed. There I have done 3 entire seasons of the Weekly Stupid and am still going. Heck, it's so popular there that they've put it in the THS Newspaper. A few weeks ago I got Imabench's permission over facebook to go further with the Weekly Stupid.

Now I'm proud to announce to you that the Weekly Stupid is under new management and I ask of you DDO to please start sending in crazy things people here on DDO say.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 1:23:52 PM
At 7/8/2014 1:15:20 PM, lannan13 wrote:
As most of you know the Weekly Stupid left with Imabench. MassiveDump delievered 1 episode of the Weekly Stupid. 3 years ago I personally asked Imabench weather or not I could take part and do the Weekly Stupid at my high school of Topeka High. He agreed. There I have done 3 entire seasons of the Weekly Stupid and am still going. Heck, it's so popular there that they've put it in the THS Newspaper. A few weeks ago I got Imabench's permission over facebook to go further with the Weekly Stupid.

Now I'm proud to announce to you that the Weekly Stupid is under new management and I ask of you DDO to please start sending in crazy things people here on DDO say.

Put me on the show! I believe with an evolutionist faith that the Earth is flat!
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 1:28:00 PM
At 7/8/2014 1:23:52 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

Put me on the show! I believe with an evolutionist faith that the Earth is flat!

You can't troll the Weekly Stupid. If I don't allow that at my school what makes you think I'd allow it here.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 1:36:35 PM
If there is anything different that you would like with the show or any suggestions please feel free to make the suggestions.

LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 2:00:42 PM
At 7/8/2014 1:28:00 PM, lannan13 wrote:

You can't troll the Weekly Stupid. If I don't allow that at my school what makes you think I'd allow it here.

You mean...no trolls?! Imabench would disapprove.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 2:01:34 PM
At 7/8/2014 2:00:42 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

No, I mean you can't just go out and say something stupid just to get on the Weekly Stupid.

XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 6:47:43 PM
At 7/8/2014 2:01:34 PM, lannan13 wrote:

No, I mean you can't just go out and say something stupid just to get on the Weekly Stupid.
When are you going to release your first episode?
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 7:28:57 PM
At 7/8/2014 6:47:43 PM, XLAV wrote:

It'll probably be just one episode every 2 or 3 months.

Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 10:34:08 PM
So whose quotes do you use for your topeka weekly stupid show? Politicians or students or something? And is there anywhere we can watch it if it's a video series?
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 4:52:30 AM
At 7/8/2014 6:47:43 PM, XLAV wrote:

As soon as I get my quotes.

Speakerfrthedead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 7:50:27 AM

Lol I've missed the weekly stupid. It was so popular and creative that it was actually an achievement to be named on the list. Being stupid suddenly became some kind of trend.

So keep it up and good luck to you.
Zarroette is back!!!
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 7:52:29 AM
At 7/9/2014 4:55:31 AM, Mikal wrote:
are you editing this and doing it on cam?

When the camera gets fixed, but no matter I've made DDO and Imabench a promise and I intend to keep it rain or shine.

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 8:40:49 AM
At 7/8/2014 10:34:08 PM, Oryus wrote:
So whose quotes do you use for your topeka weekly stupid show? Politicians or students or something? And is there anywhere we can watch it if it's a video series?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 8:57:44 AM
At 7/9/2014 8:40:49 AM, Cermank wrote:

The THS Weekly Stupid I use students and DDOers. (I've used HistoryGenous, Heinken, and someone else, but I can't remember who) It's just a piece of paper I type up and print out for people to read, vote (on the Best of the Best), and enjoy.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 9:31:07 AM
5 more quotes are needed for the first episode to go up.

Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 10:25:54 AM
At 7/9/2014 8:57:44 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 7/9/2014 8:40:49 AM, Cermank wrote:

The THS Weekly Stupid I use students and DDOers. (I've used HistoryGenous, Heinken, and someone else, but I can't remember who) It's just a piece of paper I type up and print out for people to read, vote (on the Best of the Best), and enjoy.

ok, interesting.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 10:34:21 AM
At 7/9/2014 9:31:07 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Yay :-)
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 10:35:03 AM
At 7/9/2014 10:34:21 AM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 7/9/2014 9:31:07 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Yay :-)

If you want you can help me find some quotes and PM them to me.

CJKAllstar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 11:18:29 AM
lannan, I don't know whether it has been done, or this guy has been mentioned but please do a special on debates/posts by KingofHarlem

As they weren't this week, I really hope you can make an exception, and see if you can void the no attacking a person rule, because the stuff which is posted is comedy gold. Absolute, yet unbelievably homophobic but definitely stupid gold.
"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." - George Orwell
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 11:25:31 AM
At 7/9/2014 11:18:29 AM, CJKAllstar wrote:
lannan, I don't know whether it has been done, or this guy has been mentioned but please do a special on debates/posts by KingofHarlem

As they weren't this week, I really hope you can make an exception, and see if you can void the no attacking a person rule, because the stuff which is posted is comedy gold. Absolute, yet unbelievably homophobic but definitely stupid gold.

4 more quotes needed now.

The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 12:26:48 PM
s-anthony: Emotions are not merely decisions, they are VERBS.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 1:08:11 PM
At 7/9/2014 12:26:48 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
s-anthony: Emotions are not merely decisions, they are VERBS.

Do you have a link to his profile or his quote?

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 1:37:06 PM
2 more to go.

Fanath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 1:59:23 PM
At 7/8/2014 1:36:35 PM, lannan13 wrote:
If there is anything different that you would like with the show or any suggestions please feel free to make the suggestions.

Are you making a comity like Imabench had?
Dude... Stop...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 2:01:20 PM
At 7/9/2014 1:59:23 PM, Fanath wrote:

Yes, it's obviously going to be hillarious. For some of the ones from my school just check out #THSWeeklyStupid.

Fanath
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 2:03:39 PM
At 7/9/2014 2:01:20 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Yes, it's obviously going to be hillarious. For some of the ones from my school just check out #THSWeeklyStupid.

No sorry I meant to say "committee". Not Comity.
Dude... Stop...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 2:05:25 PM
At 7/9/2014 2:03:39 PM, Fanath wrote:
At 7/9/2014 2:01:20 PM, lannan13 wrote:

No sorry I meant to say "committee". Not Comity.

Oh, not like what Massive did, but more like what Imabench did and everyone can feel free to send in crazy things they see on this website.

Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 3:48:48 PM
Great timing, I was literally about to email Imabench and Massivedump to request permission to continue it as a blog on DDO fans (not with video, my voice is horrible). This means I don't have to go through with that.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2014 4:30:50 PM
At 7/9/2014 3:48:48 PM, Ragnar wrote:
Great timing, I was literally about to email Imabench and Massivedump to request permission to continue it as a blog on DDO fans (not with video, my voice is horrible). This means I don't have to go through with that.

I'm pretty sure DDO Fans is dead now.