Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 5:55:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
"Sh*t. It"s still bleeding."

"Light. Thett, bring that light closer, I need more light."

Thett left the huddle of the group in the hideout, running toward one of the walls where one of the lanterns was hung. He grabbed it off its hook and ran it over to bsh1, who was standing over a shirtless YYW with thread and a needle. Wylted and Endarkened were standing nearby, watching the operation with concern. Esocial sat a ways away, noiseless and staring at the ground, having not moved an inch since they arrived at the hideout twenty minutes ago.

"Thanks." Bsh said simply, taking the lantern and setting it on a stand next to him before returning his gaze to the wound in YYW"s side. The hole was a decent size, and thankfully it didn"t hit anything major before passing in and out of YYW"s body. Bsh1 had already stitched up his back, and was working on the front of his body with a shaky hand. He was never too great around blood. Sure, in days like these one got used to the sight of blood, but it still wasn"t something he would ever fully get over seeing. Usually Esocial was the one with the stomach to work on these kinds of injuries, like when Wylted tripped and cut a deep gash in his back a few weeks back, but bsh hadn"t dared ask her to deal with this. He knew she had enough on her mind to deal with as it was.

"Gah! Hey, careful with that needle." YYW said, wincing as bsh poked a little too far in, lost in thought. "Sorry." Bsh1 apologized quickly, finishing up the suturing before tying off the thread and cutting it with a knife. "Endarkened, the bandages." Bsh commanded plainly, sticking his hand back for the cloth. Endarkened placed the washed pieces of cloth in Bsh"s hand, who took it and began wrapping it around YYW"s front and back. "I"d prescribe bed rest if I could," bsh started, talking as he tightened the bandages around YYW"s torso. "But I don"t really think that"s an option given the circumstances. Just be careful, okay?" bsh cautioned, eyes looking pleadingly at YYW. YYW opened his mouth to respond, a soft look in his eyes for the first time in years, before a commotion outside the hideout cut him off.

"Hey man, now"s probably not the greatest time to head in there."

"Why? What"s going on?"

YYW cursed softly under his breath. "That little prick"" YYW muttered, getting up and walking out of the hideout, pulling on his bloodstained shirt as he walked.

---

Mikal picked his way through the forestry. It was only a little further to go until he was back at their hideout. Mikal wasn"t quite sure what he was going to see when he came back. He figured his brother would be pissed, the full yelling and anger fit and everything, but after that it should be fairly calm. After all, he did save a bunch of people from being transported off to some prison camp somewhere to be worked to death.

What Mikal didn"t expect was to see ClassicRobert sitting outside, gun in his lap, scanning the trees. The kid spotted Mikal, then took a visibly deep breath before getting up and heading Mikal off. "Hey man, now"s probably not the greatest time to head in there." Classic said, trying to keep his voice down as much as he could.

That confused Mikal. Why wouldn"t it be a good idea for him to enter their hideout? Had something happened that he wasn"t aware of? That didn"t make sense. Nothing bad could"ve happened. Right?

"Why? What"s going on?" Mikal asked, trying to walk past Classic, who slid to the side to stay in front of Mikal. "Man just hang on a bit." Classic tried, but Mikal was already paying attention to his brother walking out of the hideout, pulling on a really crumby shirt as he did. Mikal noticed an odd white patch in the side of it, the patch surrounded by a deep blotch of red. Could something have gone wrong? What happened after he left?

YYW came closer, Classic stepping to the side, clearly not wanting to get in the middle of this. The look in YYW"s eyes held lots of anger, just as Mikal predicted, but of sadness, grief. No way"

YYW stared Mikal down, giving him a long hard glare of contempt, before pointing a shaky finger straight at the kid"s chest. "Because you went off on your own, and did your own thing, zmikecuber got killed trying to cover you."

The short, simple words rang against Mikal"s mind like hammer blows. Mike"s dead? What? How could this have happened? We planned everything out, we were careful, everything was going according to how they had planned it ---

Not everything went according to plan. Mikal's mouth opened, searching for the words, any words to say, to explain how he never wanted anything of this to happen, that he was just trying to help and do something good. But no words came. Nothing came other than the devastating realization that because of his own actions, someone died, and that he, Mikal, was ultimately responsible for their death.

"I killed Mike. I killed Mike. Because of me, Mike is dead." Were the only thoughts coming through to him, while the rest of the world vanished from his mind. "I"I didn"t know""

Mikal would"ve continued in his protests if not for Esocial walking out of the hideout. The two locked eyes and it was then and only then that Mikal could see the full extent of the damage that losing Mike did to her. Mikal saw himself in her, saw the pain and suffering that he felt when he watched Airmax die in front of him. It was the worst kind of mental torture that he could imagine, and that"s what he gave to her. Her strife, her future sleepless nights, her feelings of lonliness, were all going to be his fault.

He couldn"t handle that. He needed to get away, be by himself for a bit. His brain, somewhere in the back of his consciousness, recognized that YYW was calling for him, telling him to get back there, but Mikal didn"t even process it. He just needed to be somewhere, anywhere else.

---

"Mikal! Mikal! Get back here!" YYW shouted at his fleeing brother, but it was clear Mikal had no intention of turning back around. YYW cursed, shaking his head and hung his head down, his thoughts elsewhere. Without Mikal there to help provide base security, he would have to reorganize the usual shifts. It would make rationing out food a little easier since it would be one less mouth to feed, but the fact that his brother wouldn"t be there anymore was"oddly off-putting. YYW hadn"t realized how much he had relied on his brother for support, both with getting everyone on the same page as well as emotionally, facing the fact that their parents were dead, and his brother was the only family he had left in the world. Maybe if"

"YYW!"

The loud shout in his face brought him back to reality, startling him slightly. Both ClassicRobert and Thett were looking at him, slight concern on their faces. "What are we gonna do? They know we"ve been operating in the city, so that means all of our contacts could be in danger. We have to do something!" Thett said.

Their contacts in the city; YYW hadn"t even gotten to thinking about all of that mess yet. YYW pushed the business with his brother to the side, for now, and began working out what their next play was as he walked back into the hideout. "We"re not some rescue unit, Thett. Pulling all of our contacts in the city out would be way too risky and we"d just all get killed." YYW said, picking up a spare rifle magazine and loading it with spare ammunition. "Are you telling us that we"re just gonna sit here and let them all die? I can"t accept that!" Classic said, but YYW just shook his head. "I didn"t say that, now, did I?" he replied simply, opening the trunk to their newly acquired Humvee, and eyeing some of the cargo it carried.

--->
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 5:58:22 PM
--->

One interesting piece of merchandise was an M240 Squad Automatic Weapon, dubbed the SAW by DDO forces. It wasn"t a weapon really used by the Edeb8 military, more commonly used by the DDO military, but he wasn"t too surprised to have found it: Edeb8 had invaded, after all, and to the victor goes the spoils. He picked up the light machine gun, checking the magazine to find a full box of ammo loaded into the gun before turning around and handing it off to Robert, who took the gun with a slight stagger backwards to accommodate for the weight of the weapon. "Come on, get loaded up. We got work to do."

---

XLAV stumbled forward into the ring of soldiers that stood in front of his apartment complex after getting a rough shove in the back. An officer stood in the middle of the ring, a pistol in one hand and a handful of letters in the other. XLAV recognized the handwriting on some of the letters as his own. The letters he had exchanged with those kids! How"d they get their hands on them?

"XLAV! You are hereby found guilty of conspiring with the terrorist DDO Elite. You are sentenced to death, to be carried out immediately!" The officer finished, raising his weapon and aiming it for XLAV"s head. "Well, sh*t. This is it, then." He thought to himself, closing his eyes and just waiting for the end.

BANG!

The soft Thud! of a body hitting the ground came in through XLAV"s surprised ears. One eye cracked open, looking at the body of the officer lying on the ground, dead via a bullet through the head. Chaos engulfed him, as soldiers reacted and began firing at the rooftops, at figures who returned the fire downwards. The scene was riddled with bullet holes and disorder, and XLAV was left at a loss for what to do.

"XLAV! Over here!" came a shout from the opposite side of the street. XLAV swung his head in that direction quickly, seeing two figures with pistols drawn, firing at the soldiers. One of the figures he recognized as Bsh. They had come to save him! XLAV got off the ground as quickly as he could, sprinting over to the line of abandoned cars that the pair was using as cover, ducking behind them with a thankful nod. "Thank you for saving my life!" he told them, receiving a quick nod in reply before their attention returned to the chaos around them once again.

---

"Look out! Humvee incoming!"

YYW just barely processed Thett"s warning call before he ducked down to avoid the barrage of bullets that came from the vehicle"s mounted machine gun. Everyone else followed suit as what seemed like an eternity"s worth of bullets flew over their heads. It just wasn"t stopping. "YYW! We"re pinned down! What do we do?!" Wylted called to him. YYW squirmed up the ledge slowly, trying to peek his head over the side, but was forced to duck just as quickly. There was no fighting back from here, unless they wanted to have a lot of new bullet-sized holes in their body.

ClassicRobert was tired of waiting around. He wanted to get something done. He loaded a fresh box of ammunition into the machine gun YYW had given him before getting up and sprinting down the rooftop. The Humvee"s machine gun quickly swiveled to follow him, but Classic just kept pumping his legs, making sure that he kept ahead of the stream of bullets pursuing him. Robert kept his eyes looking forward, at a small pillar on the ledge of the roof: if he got to there he would have enough cover to fire back and take out the machine gun.

What seemed like an eternity of running lasted only a minute as Robert finally reached the edge of the roof, turning in place and positioning himself behind the pillar, the stone blocking off most of his body from the soldiers below as he pointed the barrel of his gun down at the Humvee below him and pulled the trigger.

"Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhh!" Robert shouted, keeping the trigger pinned back as bullet after bullet leapt from his rifle, screaming downwards toward the Humvee and crashing into the area around it. It was hardly the most accurate fire, but it was effective at getting the soldiers standing on the ground to back off and head for cover. The machine gun remained unfazed and continue to fire at Robert, but wasn"t finding success in anything other than hitting the pillar Robert was using for cover.

Hundreds of bullets were expended in the course of a minute before the gunner in the Humvee collapsed over the side of the vehicle, a gaping hole in his throat from where the bullet impacted, and the street fell silent. Robert sat there, panting heavily from the exertion and adrenaline, the barrel of his weapon smoking slightly from the head build up.

The seconds stretched on for what seemed like hours before YYW was sure that none of the soldiers on the ground were still living. He stood up from the ledge he was crouched under, letting out a loud whistle to Bsh and Endarkened on the ground, who ran to the Humvee, collecting everything they could off the bodies of the dead soldiers before climbing into the Humvee and driving off, out of the city. YYW watched the Humvee drive away for a bit before waving his hand to the rest of the group on the roof, signaling them to leave as well. Their job was done for now.

--

Major Jifpop looked at the reports with disgust. All that work put into finding out their plan, sniffing out their contacts in the city, planning the ambush, and they still bounced back and ambushed one of the groups responsible for rounding up all of their contacts and made off with a Humvee and a great deal of weapons and supplies, not to mention having killed an entire platoon of soldiers. Who were these kids, super soldiers!?

His radio chirped on his shoulder, as another end of it was turned on. "Sir, The General has arrived and he"s on his way to see you, sir." Came the quick reply to give him a moment of warning before the door to his office opened roughly. A man walked through, grizzled and aged from years of experience in combat and leadership. His eyes were cold, hardened and sharper than any blade, eyes that were now staring down Jifpop. "I thought you said this situation with these rebels would be dealt with. I don"t see that happening."

Jifpop stood up quickly, saluting and nodding. "Sir, it will be resolved shortly. We have the location of their base. None of them should see the next sunrise."

The officer looked at him quizzically, examining his face for any sign of mistruth, before nodding slowly. "It had better be so. Keep me informed." The man said, giving Jifpop one last glare before exiting the room.

---
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 6:02:29 PM
Few things to note:

1. Way to fail, RM. Way to fail.

2. Only one more episode to go before it's the season finale! #thehypeisreal

Not much more to say other than one quick announcement.

During the down-time between this season and the next season I will be reconducting a sign-up thread to make sure that there are still interested readers for a second season (if I feel like writing one).

During the down time I also plan to begin writing a new series, a DDOFanfic called "How'd they do it?", which is going to be a great blend of action, crime, drama and a little bit of magic as well. If you're interested in getting a part in the story, the sign up list can be found here ---> http://www.debate.org...
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 8:24:51 PM
Awesome, as usual!!!

Poor Mikal!!! :-( I feel so bad for him... I kinda feel bad for making him feel bad... >.> ... if that makes sense...

Also, I feel bad for YYW. He was upset with Mikal but he's gonna feel way worse now that he's gone.

I can't wait for the next episode!!! Keep it coming! :D

@LL, -_- Nice try. Lol. >> epic fail tho bro.
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 9:17:37 PM
At 7/8/2014 8:24:51 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
Awesome, as usual!!!

Poor Mikal!!! :-( I feel so bad for him... I kinda feel bad for making him feel bad... >.> ... if that makes sense...

Also, I feel bad for YYW. He was upset with Mikal but he's gonna feel way worse now that he's gone.

Meh, it's just fiction... but i'm always especially interested to see how people write me as a character. Especially Zaradi, since I've been pretty much the protagonist of his series.

Tsar of DDO
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 10:29:35 PM
At 7/8/2014 9:17:37 PM, YYW wrote:
Awesome, as usual!!!

Meh, it's just fiction... but i'm always especially interested to see how people write me as a character. Especially Zaradi, since I've been pretty much the protagonist of his series.

I think he's done a great job so far. :)

Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2014 10:30:39 PM
At 7/8/2014 10:29:35 PM, ESocialBookworm wrote:
At 7/8/2014 9:17:37 PM, YYW wrote:
Awesome, as usual!!!

I think he's done a great job so far. :)

Me too.

Tsar of DDO