Total Posts:47|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

DDO Euclideans: An Intellectual Society!

Ajab
Posts: 395
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 8:30:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Hello fellow DDOers!
I have noticed that there are very few competent debaters on here, I have decided to help cater to these debaters.
To all those people who excel in at the very least one of the subjects viz. Religion, Science, Philosophy, please join this society. This society will have many aims, one of the chief aims is that all of your debates on these subjects will be voted on by fellow Euclideans. This is however just the beginning because the society's main purpose is to discuss, argue, debate, and share their ideas and opinions about the above mentioned subjects. Often it is not possible to discuss more technical philosophical concepts, such as, lets say: the Humean conceptualization of the connection of Idea, in terms of relations of Ideas. This sort of thing can be discussed in this society.
Other than this the society will also be featured on the show I plan to host: The Weekly Intellectual. I also plan to host in-society tourneys where in essence people have the opportunity to argue more difficult concepts.
To join the society, you have to show a profound knowledge of any one above mentioned subject. Gee, I hope people join. :P
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
#StandWithBossy
#Addison/Blade-of-Truth: I slapped a girl on the arse once with a piece of uncooked chicken, things got weird.
You threw it away, right? -Ajab
...
Oh lord did you eat it?
...maybe!
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 8:35:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 8:30:42 AM, Ajab wrote:
Hello fellow DDOers!
I have noticed that there are very few competent debaters on here, I have decided to help cater to these debaters.
To all those people who excel in at the very least one of the subjects viz. Religion, Science, Philosophy, please join this society. This society will have many aims, one of the chief aims is that all of your debates on these subjects will be voted on by fellow Euclideans. This is however just the beginning because the society's main purpose is to discuss, argue, debate, and share their ideas and opinions about the above mentioned subjects. Often it is not possible to discuss more technical philosophical concepts, such as, lets say: the Humean conceptualization of the connection of Idea, in terms of relations of Ideas. This sort of thing can be discussed in this society.
Other than this the society will also be featured on the show I plan to host: The Weekly Intellectual. I also plan to host in-society tourneys where in essence people have the opportunity to argue more difficult concepts.
To join the society, you have to show a profound knowledge of any one above mentioned subject. Gee, I hope people join. :P
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

I have thought long and hard about Globalization, the Information Age, and increasing Government which, all three factors combined, shall lead to "The New Age", the conspiracy theory that almost certainly will come to be at some point in the future. I'm not really a competent debater when it comes to other stuff, though.
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
Kc1999
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 8:38:23 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 8:30:42 AM, Ajab wrote:
Hello fellow DDOers!
I have noticed that there are very few competent debaters on here, I have decided to help cater to these debaters.
To all those people who excel in at the very least one of the subjects viz. Religion, Science, Philosophy, please join this society. This society will have many aims, one of the chief aims is that all of your debates on these subjects will be voted on by fellow Euclideans. This is however just the beginning because the society's main purpose is to discuss, argue, debate, and share their ideas and opinions about the above mentioned subjects. Often it is not possible to discuss more technical philosophical concepts, such as, lets say: the Humean conceptualization of the connection of Idea, in terms of relations of Ideas. This sort of thing can be discussed in this society.
Other than this the society will also be featured on the show I plan to host: The Weekly Intellectual. I also plan to host in-society tourneys where in essence people have the opportunity to argue more difficult concepts.
To join the society, you have to show a profound knowledge of any one above mentioned subject. Gee, I hope people join. :P
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

Is political philosophy considered philosophy?
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
Ajab
Posts: 395
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 8:40:10 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 8:38:23 AM, Kc1999 wrote:
At 7/11/2014 8:30:42 AM, Ajab wrote:
Hello fellow DDOers!
I have noticed that there are very few competent debaters on here, I have decided to help cater to these debaters.
To all those people who excel in at the very least one of the subjects viz. Religion, Science, Philosophy, please join this society. This society will have many aims, one of the chief aims is that all of your debates on these subjects will be voted on by fellow Euclideans. This is however just the beginning because the society's main purpose is to discuss, argue, debate, and share their ideas and opinions about the above mentioned subjects. Often it is not possible to discuss more technical philosophical concepts, such as, lets say: the Humean conceptualization of the connection of Idea, in terms of relations of Ideas. This sort of thing can be discussed in this society.
Other than this the society will also be featured on the show I plan to host: The Weekly Intellectual. I also plan to host in-society tourneys where in essence people have the opportunity to argue more difficult concepts.
To join the society, you have to show a profound knowledge of any one above mentioned subject. Gee, I hope people join. :P
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

Is political philosophy considered philosophy?
Not fully no. Political philosophy is a philosophy but here I mean more metaphysical philosophy.
#StandWithBossy
#Addison/Blade-of-Truth: I slapped a girl on the arse once with a piece of uncooked chicken, things got weird.
You threw it away, right? -Ajab
...
Oh lord did you eat it?
...maybe!
Kc1999
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 8:42:42 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 8:40:10 AM, Ajab wrote:
At 7/11/2014 8:38:23 AM, Kc1999 wrote:
At 7/11/2014 8:30:42 AM, Ajab wrote:
Hello fellow DDOers!
I have noticed that there are very few competent debaters on here, I have decided to help cater to these debaters.
To all those people who excel in at the very least one of the subjects viz. Religion, Science, Philosophy, please join this society. This society will have many aims, one of the chief aims is that all of your debates on these subjects will be voted on by fellow Euclideans. This is however just the beginning because the society's main purpose is to discuss, argue, debate, and share their ideas and opinions about the above mentioned subjects. Often it is not possible to discuss more technical philosophical concepts, such as, lets say: the Humean conceptualization of the connection of Idea, in terms of relations of Ideas. This sort of thing can be discussed in this society.
Other than this the society will also be featured on the show I plan to host: The Weekly Intellectual. I also plan to host in-society tourneys where in essence people have the opportunity to argue more difficult concepts.
To join the society, you have to show a profound knowledge of any one above mentioned subject. Gee, I hope people join. :P
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

Is political philosophy considered philosophy?
Not fully no. Political philosophy is a philosophy but here I mean more metaphysical philosophy.

Why not add categories like:

Psychology
Current Events
History
Political Science/Political Philosophy

Because intellectuals will flock in.
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
Ajab
Posts: 395
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 8:43:32 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 8:42:42 AM, Kc1999 wrote:
At 7/11/2014 8:40:10 AM, Ajab wrote:
At 7/11/2014 8:38:23 AM, Kc1999 wrote:
At 7/11/2014 8:30:42 AM, Ajab wrote:
Hello fellow DDOers!
I have noticed that there are very few competent debaters on here, I have decided to help cater to these debaters.
To all those people who excel in at the very least one of the subjects viz. Religion, Science, Philosophy, please join this society. This society will have many aims, one of the chief aims is that all of your debates on these subjects will be voted on by fellow Euclideans. This is however just the beginning because the society's main purpose is to discuss, argue, debate, and share their ideas and opinions about the above mentioned subjects. Often it is not possible to discuss more technical philosophical concepts, such as, lets say: the Humean conceptualization of the connection of Idea, in terms of relations of Ideas. This sort of thing can be discussed in this society.
Other than this the society will also be featured on the show I plan to host: The Weekly Intellectual. I also plan to host in-society tourneys where in essence people have the opportunity to argue more difficult concepts.
To join the society, you have to show a profound knowledge of any one above mentioned subject. Gee, I hope people join. :P
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

Is political philosophy considered philosophy?
Not fully no. Political philosophy is a philosophy but here I mean more metaphysical philosophy.

Why not add categories like:

Psychology
Current Events
History
Political Science/Political Philosophy

Because intellectuals will flock in.

I do not want those type of intellectuals :P
#StandWithBossy
#Addison/Blade-of-Truth: I slapped a girl on the arse once with a piece of uncooked chicken, things got weird.
You threw it away, right? -Ajab
...
Oh lord did you eat it?
...maybe!
Kc1999
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 8:45:06 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 8:43:32 AM, Ajab wrote:
At 7/11/2014 8:42:42 AM, Kc1999 wrote:
At 7/11/2014 8:40:10 AM, Ajab wrote:
At 7/11/2014 8:38:23 AM, Kc1999 wrote:
At 7/11/2014 8:30:42 AM, Ajab wrote:
Hello fellow DDOers!
I have noticed that there are very few competent debaters on here, I have decided to help cater to these debaters.
To all those people who excel in at the very least one of the subjects viz. Religion, Science, Philosophy, please join this society. This society will have many aims, one of the chief aims is that all of your debates on these subjects will be voted on by fellow Euclideans. This is however just the beginning because the society's main purpose is to discuss, argue, debate, and share their ideas and opinions about the above mentioned subjects. Often it is not possible to discuss more technical philosophical concepts, such as, lets say: the Humean conceptualization of the connection of Idea, in terms of relations of Ideas. This sort of thing can be discussed in this society.
Other than this the society will also be featured on the show I plan to host: The Weekly Intellectual. I also plan to host in-society tourneys where in essence people have the opportunity to argue more difficult concepts.
To join the society, you have to show a profound knowledge of any one above mentioned subject. Gee, I hope people join. :P
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

Is political philosophy considered philosophy?
Not fully no. Political philosophy is a philosophy but here I mean more metaphysical philosophy.

Why not add categories like:

Psychology
Current Events
History
Political Science/Political Philosophy

Because intellectuals will flock in.

I do not want those type of intellectuals :P

D:
#NoToMobocracy #BladeStroink
lannan13
Posts: 23,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 9:08:26 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 8:30:42 AM, Ajab wrote:
Hello fellow DDOers!
I have noticed that there are very few competent debaters on here, I have decided to help cater to these debaters.
To all those people who excel in at the very least one of the subjects viz. Religion, Science, Philosophy, please join this society. This society will have many aims, one of the chief aims is that all of your debates on these subjects will be voted on by fellow Euclideans. This is however just the beginning because the society's main purpose is to discuss, argue, debate, and share their ideas and opinions about the above mentioned subjects. Often it is not possible to discuss more technical philosophical concepts, such as, lets say: the Humean conceptualization of the connection of Idea, in terms of relations of Ideas. This sort of thing can be discussed in this society.
Other than this the society will also be featured on the show I plan to host: The Weekly Intellectual. I also plan to host in-society tourneys where in essence people have the opportunity to argue more difficult concepts.
To join the society, you have to show a profound knowledge of any one above mentioned subject. Gee, I hope people join. :P
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10. Lannan13
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Ajab
Posts: 395
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 9:09:48 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 9:08:26 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 7/11/2014 8:30:42 AM, Ajab wrote:
Hello fellow DDOers!
I have noticed that there are very few competent debaters on here, I have decided to help cater to these debaters.
To all those people who excel in at the very least one of the subjects viz. Religion, Science, Philosophy, please join this society. This society will have many aims, one of the chief aims is that all of your debates on these subjects will be voted on by fellow Euclideans. This is however just the beginning because the society's main purpose is to discuss, argue, debate, and share their ideas and opinions about the above mentioned subjects. Often it is not possible to discuss more technical philosophical concepts, such as, lets say: the Humean conceptualization of the connection of Idea, in terms of relations of Ideas. This sort of thing can be discussed in this society.
Other than this the society will also be featured on the show I plan to host: The Weekly Intellectual. I also plan to host in-society tourneys where in essence people have the opportunity to argue more difficult concepts.
To join the society, you have to show a profound knowledge of any one above mentioned subject. Gee, I hope people join. :P
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10. Lannan13

Well I cannot but approve of lannan, I know him to be intelligent in matters of religion at the very least. However I must question why his name is on number 10? o.O
#StandWithBossy
#Addison/Blade-of-Truth: I slapped a girl on the arse once with a piece of uncooked chicken, things got weird.
You threw it away, right? -Ajab
...
Oh lord did you eat it?
...maybe!
lannan13
Posts: 23,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 9:11:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 9:09:48 AM, Ajab wrote:
At 7/11/2014 9:08:26 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 7/11/2014 8:30:42 AM, Ajab wrote:
Hello fellow DDOers!
I have noticed that there are very few competent debaters on here, I have decided to help cater to these debaters.
To all those people who excel in at the very least one of the subjects viz. Religion, Science, Philosophy, please join this society. This society will have many aims, one of the chief aims is that all of your debates on these subjects will be voted on by fellow Euclideans. This is however just the beginning because the society's main purpose is to discuss, argue, debate, and share their ideas and opinions about the above mentioned subjects. Often it is not possible to discuss more technical philosophical concepts, such as, lets say: the Humean conceptualization of the connection of Idea, in terms of relations of Ideas. This sort of thing can be discussed in this society.
Other than this the society will also be featured on the show I plan to host: The Weekly Intellectual. I also plan to host in-society tourneys where in essence people have the opportunity to argue more difficult concepts.
To join the society, you have to show a profound knowledge of any one above mentioned subject. Gee, I hope people join. :P
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10. Lannan13

Well I cannot but approve of lannan, I know him to be intelligent in matters of religion at the very least. However I must question why his name is on number 10? o.O

You didn't have 13 spots avalible.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Ajab
Posts: 395
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 9:33:24 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 9:11:35 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 7/11/2014 9:09:48 AM, Ajab wrote:
At 7/11/2014 9:08:26 AM, lannan13 wrote:
At 7/11/2014 8:30:42 AM, Ajab wrote:
Hello fellow DDOers!
I have noticed that there are very few competent debaters on here, I have decided to help cater to these debaters.
To all those people who excel in at the very least one of the subjects viz. Religion, Science, Philosophy, please join this society. This society will have many aims, one of the chief aims is that all of your debates on these subjects will be voted on by fellow Euclideans. This is however just the beginning because the society's main purpose is to discuss, argue, debate, and share their ideas and opinions about the above mentioned subjects. Often it is not possible to discuss more technical philosophical concepts, such as, lets say: the Humean conceptualization of the connection of Idea, in terms of relations of Ideas. This sort of thing can be discussed in this society.
Other than this the society will also be featured on the show I plan to host: The Weekly Intellectual. I also plan to host in-society tourneys where in essence people have the opportunity to argue more difficult concepts.
To join the society, you have to show a profound knowledge of any one above mentioned subject. Gee, I hope people join. :P
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13. lannan13
#StandWithBossy
#Addison/Blade-of-Truth: I slapped a girl on the arse once with a piece of uncooked chicken, things got weird.
You threw it away, right? -Ajab
...
Oh lord did you eat it?
...maybe!
Romanii
Posts: 4,851
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 11:11:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Some people to automatically sign up:
-Envisage
-Zmikecuber
-Zarroette
-Sargon
-Ajab
-Bsh1
-Raisor
-Whiteflame
-Phantom
-Wylted
Ajab
Posts: 395
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 12:00:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 11:11:40 AM, Romanii wrote:
Some people to automatically sign up:
-Envisage
-Zmikecuber
-Zarroette
-Sargon
-Ajab
-Bsh1
-Raisor
-Whiteflame
-Phantom
-Wylted
-Romanii

These people are already added.
#StandWithBossy
#Addison/Blade-of-Truth: I slapped a girl on the arse once with a piece of uncooked chicken, things got weird.
You threw it away, right? -Ajab
...
Oh lord did you eat it?
...maybe!
JohnMaynardKeynes
Posts: 1,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 12:03:05 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Ah, I would be so into this but all I know is economics lol -- and a little philosophy.
~JohnMaynardKeynes

"The sight of my succulent backside acts as a sedative for the beholder. It soothes the pain of life and makes all which hurts seem like bliss. I urge all those stressed by ridiculous drama on DDO which will never affect your real life to gaze upon my cheeks for they will make you have an excitement and joy you've never felt before." -- Dr. Dennybug

Founder of the BSH-YYW Fan Club
Founder of the Barkalotti
Stand with Dogs and Economics
Romanii
Posts: 4,851
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 12:18:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 12:00:55 PM, Ajab wrote:
At 7/11/2014 11:11:40 AM, Romanii wrote:
Some people to automatically sign up:
-Envisage
-Zmikecuber
-Zarroette
-Sargon
-Ajab
-Bsh1
-Raisor
-Whiteflame
-Phantom
-Wylted
-Romanii

You said it caters to *competent* debaters


These people are already added.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 1:03:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 12:18:20 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 7/11/2014 12:00:55 PM, Ajab wrote:
At 7/11/2014 11:11:40 AM, Romanii wrote:
Some people to automatically sign up:
-Envisage
-Zmikecuber
-Zarroette
-Sargon
-Ajab
-Bsh1
-Raisor
-Whiteflame
-Phantom
-Wylted
-Romanii

You said it caters to *competent* debaters


These people are already added.

You're pretty competent. You somehow proved the Earth was round.
n7
Posts: 1,360
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 6:51:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Will there be pipe smoking and chin rubbing?
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.


Uphold Marxist-Leninist-Maoist-Sargonist-n7ism.
Romanii
Posts: 4,851
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 8:54:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 6:51:20 PM, n7 wrote:
Will there be pipe smoking and chin rubbing?

Whoops, forgot to automatically add you.
Yes, there will be pipe smoking and chin rubbing.
Romanii
Posts: 4,851
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 8:56:21 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 1:03:42 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/11/2014 12:18:20 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 7/11/2014 12:00:55 PM, Ajab wrote:
At 7/11/2014 11:11:40 AM, Romanii wrote:
Some people to automatically sign up:
-Envisage
-Zmikecuber
-Zarroette
-Sargon
-Ajab
-Bsh1
-Raisor
-Whiteflame
-Phantom
-Wylted
-n7
-Romanii

You said it caters to *competent* debaters


These people are already added.

You're pretty competent. You somehow proved the Earth was round.

Lol... that almost sounds like a sarcastic insult :P
mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 8:58:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 8:30:42 AM, Ajab wrote:
Hello fellow DDOers!
I have noticed that there are very few competent debaters on here, I have decided to help cater to these debaters.
To all those people who excel in at the very least one of the subjects viz. Religion, Science, Philosophy, please join this society. This society will have many aims, one of the chief aims is that all of your debates on these subjects will be voted on by fellow Euclideans. This is however just the beginning because the society's main purpose is to discuss, argue, debate, and share their ideas and opinions about the above mentioned subjects. Often it is not possible to discuss more technical philosophical concepts, such as, lets say: the Humean conceptualization of the connection of Idea, in terms of relations of Ideas. This sort of thing can be discussed in this society.
Other than this the society will also be featured on the show I plan to host: The Weekly Intellectual. I also plan to host in-society tourneys where in essence people have the opportunity to argue more difficult concepts.
To join the society, you have to show a profound knowledge of any one above mentioned subject. Gee, I hope people join. :P
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
I have studied a lot about religion, but I don't know if I'm "competent" or not. If you think I am, I'll join.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 9:10:46 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 8:56:21 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 7/11/2014 1:03:42 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/11/2014 12:18:20 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 7/11/2014 12:00:55 PM, Ajab wrote:
At 7/11/2014 11:11:40 AM, Romanii wrote:
Some people to automatically sign up:
-Envisage
-Zmikecuber
-Zarroette
-Sargon
-Ajab
-Bsh1
-Raisor
-Whiteflame
-Phantom
-Wylted
-n7
-Romanii

You said it caters to *competent* debaters


These people are already added.

You're pretty competent. You somehow proved the Earth was round.

Lol... that almost sounds like a sarcastic insult :P

No, it's cool that you are a kool aid drinker and believe what NASA tells you, even though they edit their photos, from time to time.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 9:21:24 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
How do you feel about Marxists?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2014 9:26:01 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 8:30:42 AM, Ajab wrote:
Hello fellow DDOers!
I have noticed that there are very few competent debaters on here, I have decided to help cater to these debaters.
To all those people who excel in at the very least one of the subjects viz. Religion, Science, Philosophy, please join this society. This society will have many aims, one of the chief aims is that all of your debates on these subjects will be voted on by fellow Euclideans. This is however just the beginning because the society's main purpose is to discuss, argue, debate, and share their ideas and opinions about the above mentioned subjects. Often it is not possible to discuss more technical philosophical concepts, such as, lets say: the Humean conceptualization of the connection of Idea, in terms of relations of Ideas. This sort of thing can be discussed in this society.
Other than this the society will also be featured on the show I plan to host: The Weekly Intellectual. I also plan to host in-society tourneys where in essence people have the opportunity to argue more difficult concepts.
To join the society, you have to show a profound knowledge of any one above mentioned subject. Gee, I hope people join. :P
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
How much is a profound knowledge of something?
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Ajab
Posts: 395
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 7:46:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 9:26:01 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 7/11/2014 8:30:42 AM, Ajab wrote:
Hello fellow DDOers!
I have noticed that there are very few competent debaters on here, I have decided to help cater to these debaters.
To all those people who excel in at the very least one of the subjects viz. Religion, Science, Philosophy, please join this society. This society will have many aims, one of the chief aims is that all of your debates on these subjects will be voted on by fellow Euclideans. This is however just the beginning because the society's main purpose is to discuss, argue, debate, and share their ideas and opinions about the above mentioned subjects. Often it is not possible to discuss more technical philosophical concepts, such as, lets say: the Humean conceptualization of the connection of Idea, in terms of relations of Ideas. This sort of thing can be discussed in this society.
Other than this the society will also be featured on the show I plan to host: The Weekly Intellectual. I also plan to host in-society tourneys where in essence people have the opportunity to argue more difficult concepts.
To join the society, you have to show a profound knowledge of any one above mentioned subject. Gee, I hope people join. :P
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
How much is a profound knowledge of something?

Well you said religion right? Then I would expect a basic knowledge about the proofs of God, you would have read about that religion in detail. It says you are Christian so I would expect you to know about St. Cyril, St. Iraneus how Paul affected Christianity. To be able to argue and defend Christian doctrine. For example I plan to read De Trinitatae by Augustine. I would expect other members to also talk about complex Christian topics and you should be able to engage in them as well.
#StandWithBossy
#Addison/Blade-of-Truth: I slapped a girl on the arse once with a piece of uncooked chicken, things got weird.
You threw it away, right? -Ajab
...
Oh lord did you eat it?
...maybe!
mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 10:46:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/12/2014 7:46:40 AM, Ajab wrote:
At 7/11/2014 9:26:01 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 7/11/2014 8:30:42 AM, Ajab wrote:
Hello fellow DDOers!
I have noticed that there are very few competent debaters on here, I have decided to help cater to these debaters.
To all those people who excel in at the very least one of the subjects viz. Religion, Science, Philosophy, please join this society. This society will have many aims, one of the chief aims is that all of your debates on these subjects will be voted on by fellow Euclideans. This is however just the beginning because the society's main purpose is to discuss, argue, debate, and share their ideas and opinions about the above mentioned subjects. Often it is not possible to discuss more technical philosophical concepts, such as, lets say: the Humean conceptualization of the connection of Idea, in terms of relations of Ideas. This sort of thing can be discussed in this society.
Other than this the society will also be featured on the show I plan to host: The Weekly Intellectual. I also plan to host in-society tourneys where in essence people have the opportunity to argue more difficult concepts.
To join the society, you have to show a profound knowledge of any one above mentioned subject. Gee, I hope people join. :P
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
How much is a profound knowledge of something?

Well you said religion right? Then I would expect a basic knowledge about the proofs of God, you would have read about that religion in detail. It says you are Christian so I would expect you to know about St. Cyril, St. Iraneus how Paul affected Christianity. To be able to argue and defend Christian doctrine. For example I plan to read De Trinitatae by Augustine. I would expect other members to also talk about complex Christian topics and you should be able to engage in them as well.

I can talk about Christian doctrine all right, but I'm not Catholic, so I can't keep the Saints straight. I'm protestant. I can talk in detail about predestination and free will and the sovereignty of God, and whether the spiritual gifts are still active. I can also discuss whether Jesus is God. I study New Testament Greek, so I can go into detail on the lingual constructions. I have done a lot of apologetics discussion in real life, just not that much on DDO.
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam
Ajab
Posts: 395
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 10:50:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/12/2014 10:46:13 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 7/12/2014 7:46:40 AM, Ajab wrote:
At 7/11/2014 9:26:01 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 7/11/2014 8:30:42 AM, Ajab wrote:
Hello fellow DDOers!
I have noticed that there are very few competent debaters on here, I have decided to help cater to these debaters.
To all those people who excel in at the very least one of the subjects viz. Religion, Science, Philosophy, please join this society. This society will have many aims, one of the chief aims is that all of your debates on these subjects will be voted on by fellow Euclideans. This is however just the beginning because the society's main purpose is to discuss, argue, debate, and share their ideas and opinions about the above mentioned subjects. Often it is not possible to discuss more technical philosophical concepts, such as, lets say: the Humean conceptualization of the connection of Idea, in terms of relations of Ideas. This sort of thing can be discussed in this society.
Other than this the society will also be featured on the show I plan to host: The Weekly Intellectual. I also plan to host in-society tourneys where in essence people have the opportunity to argue more difficult concepts.
To join the society, you have to show a profound knowledge of any one above mentioned subject. Gee, I hope people join. :P
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
How much is a profound knowledge of something?

Well you said religion right? Then I would expect a basic knowledge about the proofs of God, you would have read about that religion in detail. It says you are Christian so I would expect you to know about St. Cyril, St. Iraneus how Paul affected Christianity. To be able to argue and defend Christian doctrine. For example I plan to read De Trinitatae by Augustine. I would expect other members to also talk about complex Christian topics and you should be able to engage in them as well.

I can talk about Christian doctrine all right, but I'm not Catholic, so I can't keep the Saints straight. I'm protestant. I can talk in detail about predestination and free will and the sovereignty of God, and whether the spiritual gifts are still active. I can also discuss whether Jesus is God. I study New Testament Greek, so I can go into detail on the lingual constructions. I have done a lot of apologetics discussion in real life, just not that much on DDO.

You are in then. Ninty Five Theses though?
#StandWithBossy
#Addison/Blade-of-Truth: I slapped a girl on the arse once with a piece of uncooked chicken, things got weird.
You threw it away, right? -Ajab
...
Oh lord did you eat it?
...maybe!
mishapqueen
Posts: 3,995
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 10:54:29 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/12/2014 10:50:25 AM, Ajab wrote:
At 7/12/2014 10:46:13 AM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 7/12/2014 7:46:40 AM, Ajab wrote:
At 7/11/2014 9:26:01 PM, mishapqueen wrote:
At 7/11/2014 8:30:42 AM, Ajab wrote:
Hello fellow DDOers!
I have noticed that there are very few competent debaters on here, I have decided to help cater to these debaters.
To all those people who excel in at the very least one of the subjects viz. Religion, Science, Philosophy, please join this society. This society will have many aims, one of the chief aims is that all of your debates on these subjects will be voted on by fellow Euclideans. This is however just the beginning because the society's main purpose is to discuss, argue, debate, and share their ideas and opinions about the above mentioned subjects. Often it is not possible to discuss more technical philosophical concepts, such as, lets say: the Humean conceptualization of the connection of Idea, in terms of relations of Ideas. This sort of thing can be discussed in this society.
Other than this the society will also be featured on the show I plan to host: The Weekly Intellectual. I also plan to host in-society tourneys where in essence people have the opportunity to argue more difficult concepts.
To join the society, you have to show a profound knowledge of any one above mentioned subject. Gee, I hope people join. :P
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
How much is a profound knowledge of something?

Well you said religion right? Then I would expect a basic knowledge about the proofs of God, you would have read about that religion in detail. It says you are Christian so I would expect you to know about St. Cyril, St. Iraneus how Paul affected Christianity. To be able to argue and defend Christian doctrine. For example I plan to read De Trinitatae by Augustine. I would expect other members to also talk about complex Christian topics and you should be able to engage in them as well.

I can talk about Christian doctrine all right, but I'm not Catholic, so I can't keep the Saints straight. I'm protestant. I can talk in detail about predestination and free will and the sovereignty of God, and whether the spiritual gifts are still active. I can also discuss whether Jesus is God. I study New Testament Greek, so I can go into detail on the lingual constructions. I have done a lot of apologetics discussion in real life, just not that much on DDO.

You are in then. Ninty Five Theses though?

Sure!
You cannot choose whether or not you will live by rules, but you can choose which rules you will live by. --Me

"I was wrong. Squirrels are objectively superior to bunnies in every conceivable dimension."
--Joey

"Silence is golden, duct tape is silver" --PetersSmith

Nunc aut Numquam