The Bible and Gay Marriage Debate

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 12:56:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 7/11/2014 1:57:51 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Check it out and vote once the finishing statements are done.

http://www.debate.org...

There is a stickies voting thread this should go there. If you're ever desperate for votes just friend request me and send me the debate. I'll do my best to get to it, and will get to it 100% of the time rather than let it go unvoted.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 12:58:06 PM

You have 30 days. If it gets down to the last 3 and nobody has voted PM me.
ArcTImes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 1:43:33 PM
Christian.... punk?
Your profile says that you are an anarchist. Don't you think that god is using a kind of government?
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 2:22:51 PM

Hold on...somebody from the Religion Forum who posted elsewhere?! Are you for real?!
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:20:20 PM
At 7/12/2014 1:43:33 PM, ArcTImes wrote:
Christian.... punk?
Your profile says that you are an anarchist. Don't you think that god is using a kind of government?

No. The people who claim to be following an earthly godly authority on earth, the government will do its best to lie and bear false witness. For example, republicans destroy the rights of gays, distort American history, and speak evil of liberals. I don't see where God is gonna approve these jack offs. I like liberals like Obama making people be equal in America while still being Christian, but his plans towards Obamacare is not helping. Plus, cops are still beating us up and not everybody is living well.

So no, I doubt there's an earthly authority that can be Christian. Even if people being up Romans 13. I'll be the subject to the government, but I will resist if I must.
ArcTImes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:41:41 PM
At 7/12/2014 11:20:20 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Christian.... punk?

No. The people who claim to be following an earthly godly authority on earth, the government will do its best to lie and bear false witness. For example, republicans destroy the rights of gays, distort American history, and speak evil of liberals. I don't see where God is gonna approve these jack offs. I like liberals like Obama making people be equal in America while still being Christian, but his plans towards Obamacare is not helping. Plus, cops are still beating us up and not everybody is living well.

So no, I doubt there's an earthly authority that can be Christian. Even if people being up Romans 13. I'll be the subject to the government, but I will resist if I must.

No, I actually meant it like, isn't god that leader? Doesn't god have it's own government? I'm not talking about earthly authorities, but the authority from god.
What would be the difference?
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:41:48 PM
At 7/12/2014 2:22:51 PM, LogicalLunatic wrote:

Hold on...somebody from the Religion Forum who posted elsewhere?! Are you for real?!

Is that a bad or good thing? O.o
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2014 11:44:58 PM
At 7/12/2014 11:41:41 PM, ArcTImes wrote:
Christian.... punk?

No, I actually meant it like, isn't god that leader? Doesn't god have it's own government? I'm not talking about earthly authorities, but the authority from god.

To me, God has a kingdom that is of free living. An anarchist society. Like christiana, some foreign anarchist town. I believe that the salvation offered by Jesus gave me the authority and responsibility of my own life, to deal with my own consequences and rewards. I know it sounds confusing, but you'd have to look into Leo Tolstoy to understand it.
ArcTImes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 12:30:38 AM
At 7/12/2014 11:44:58 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Christian.... punk?

To me, God has a kingdom that is of free living. An anarchist society. Like christiana, some foreign anarchist town. I believe that the salvation offered by Jesus gave me the authority and responsibility of my own life, to deal with my own consequences and rewards. I know it sounds confusing, but you'd have to look into Leo Tolstoy to understand it.

It can't be an anarchist society if it's only him choosing the rules. It's not about Jesus or the bible, it's about the rules and the authority of the one programming everything.
For example, you could say that you make the decision of going right or left, but you can't fly, you can't decide against natural laws. You can make an effort and build a plane, but you are still inside the rules of something else. I know it's not the same kind of government, but it's inside the possibilities you believe god has.

And this also makes me think about other thing. I guess you believe in heaven. Is there free will in heaven? I don't think that would make too much sense. Heaven sounds like this place where all these "perfect" rules are obeyed.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 8:13:46 AM
At 7/13/2014 12:30:38 AM, ArcTImes wrote:
Christian.... punk?

It can't be an anarchist society if it's only him choosing the rules. It's not about Jesus or the bible, it's about the rules and the authority of the one programming everything.
For example, you could say that you make the decision of going right or left, but you can't fly, you can't decide against natural laws. You can make an effort and build a plane, but you are still inside the rules of something else. I know it's not the same kind of government, but it's inside the possibilities you believe god has.

And this also makes me think about other thing. I guess you believe in heaven. Is there free will in heaven? I don't think that would make too much sense. Heaven sounds like this place where all these "perfect" rules are obeyed.

1. I believe God is somewhat like the laws of physics in itself. I believe he decides what is physically possible and he writes universal codes.

2. I believe heaven is a free will state that's our reward.
ArcTImes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 11:48:02 AM
At 7/13/2014 8:13:46 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Christian.... punk?

1. I believe God is somewhat like the laws of physics in itself. I believe he decides what is physically possible and he writes universal codes.

That's my point. He deciding things make it impossible to be an anarchy.
About the second point, if heaven has free will, what's the difference with earth?
I mean, or only perfect people go to heaven, or heaven is just a second earth.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 12:38:01 PM
At 7/13/2014 11:48:02 AM, ArcTImes wrote:
At 7/13/2014 8:13:46 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Christian.... punk?

That's my point. He deciding things make it impossible to be an anarchy.
About the second point, if heaven has free will, what's the difference with earth?
I mean, or only perfect people go to heaven, or heaven is just a second earth.

Well it would be the same as us not seeing it as anarchy if we won't defy the laws of physics to fly with our arms by flapping them. Everybody has their own codes and laws that are their morals. The bible only states ten commandments that people follow that are universal in my eyes. As in, I even see atheists follow these. Nobody wants to murder people unless they are insane. Murder or violence goes against my views as an anarchist because that to me, is just committing small acts of war and is in return, making yourself look like the government you despise.

I would say Heaven is the second earth. But the difference is once we get there, there's no fall or anything, we are in a place where death is now being defied and we are really becoming anarchists in the sense against physical laws. So that's my view. Mine isn't going to be the same as everybody else.
ArcTImes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2014 12:49:46 PM
At 7/13/2014 12:38:01 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
Well it would be the same as us not seeing it as anarchy if we won't defy the laws of physics to fly with our arms by flapping them. Everybody has their own codes and laws that are their morals. The bible only states ten commandments that people follow that are universal in my eyes. As in, I even see atheists follow these. Nobody wants to murder people unless they are insane. Murder or violence goes against my views as an anarchist because that to me, is just committing small acts of war and is in return, making yourself look like the government you despise.

I would say Heaven is the second earth. But the difference is once we get there, there's no fall or anything, we are in a place where death is now being defied and we are really becoming anarchists in the sense against physical laws. So that's my view. Mine isn't going to be the same as everybody else.

Only 2 commandments are laws, I really can't consider them the best 10 of anything.
But it's a good example of dictatorship. The first commandments are all about god.
Laws that shoulod not be defied, except god, god can defy them because he is perfect and always right...

Heaven being a second earth doesn't make too much sense. Are you able to lie in heaven, for example? Or to steal? Well, I don't think there are things to steal, but having conversation doesn't make too much sense either lol.

I'm ok with you believing, I'm just pointing this things up because it's weird to me that you are an anarchist and a christian. For me, those things don't go together.
"Christian punk" sounds to me like "Jewish Nazi", they don't combine.